Ankyrean Archives: The Podcast

Comments

• Iazamat said:
    Shadow tether has no Paragons, and this is the first time I (and likely many other Shadow-exclusive players) have even heard of such a system/title.
    I had this chat with Mjoll earlier today and this saddens me! I hope next event allows for maybe a Spirean or Loch Paragon to be named. It's supposed to be a fairly rare thing, I'm told, but that doesn't mean non-existent!
    Mjoll
  • RE: Paragons - The original Paragon was only given to, as far as my historical knowledge and news post skimming goes, Trager and Kheoss in 2013/2014 and wasn't used again until Stine got it in the end of 2018? Early 2019? Something like that. I can't speak to the intent of it being every city, but it's definitely something that was either forgotten about or intentionally left to be very few people getting it.

I agree with the others that it would be interesting for Spines/Bloodloch to get something similar.
    AeryxCaynAloliZaila
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited November 2019
    Clearly, the Spinesreach Paragon needs to cut a Public News article about what his favorite store in the Citadel is.

...I'll see myself out, thank you.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

ZailaBenedictoAeryxFezzix
  • a warrior has to have the best stuff
    AeryxZailaRhineIesidLinHawa
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    This week's episode is up, a little early(There was no UFC tonight to hold my attention), and we have @Mjoll and @Tatia on this week! Direct link is below.

Direct link
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    ZailaBruin
  • edited November 2019
    Re: group PvP: there are far more approaches a group can take other than rushing straight in and swinging damage. Shadow, for instance, is set up for damage, affs, and limbs, and will choose based on factors such as opposing team composition or group size. But it's important to note that the group chooses the strategy, so if you're unable to reach kill states like Retribution, it's because either your group doesn't have the necessary classes for affs or has instead decided to swing damage over any other strategy. It's not something you fix by changing Lessers or group PvP in general, it's something that has to be worked on and coordinated by the players involved.

And if the problem is instead that one can't survive long enough to pull off something like Retribution, it's on the player to teach themselves to notice the early signs that they've been targeted and need to leave the room. There's a lot more strategy and coordination involved in group PvP than most people are willing to admit because they either don't want to do the work involved, don't care, or don't see it simply due to damage spam strats being chosen out of pure ease of use.

As for new conflict systems? I think it's something a great many of us would love to see, but there are a lot of hurt feelings and salt over losing, dying, and a general feeling of pointlessness if the reward or outcome isn't worthwhile. It's a player mindset and attitude that needs changed, but it's difficult to do so, because most people will feel obligated to participate and ruin their enjoyment of the game instead of stepping back. If you weren't around for the Proxy War, you should talk to people on both sides about it (and expect salt). Many will readily agree that it was, at times, an extremely fun system and had potential, but the way it was handled left a bad taste in their mouths, and that bitterness was ultimately misunderstood by those on high.
    AeryxCaynHavenDidi
  • On conflict systems: orrery is trash and should be remade.

Great episode!
    AeryxIazamatStineCayn
    This week's episode is up, alongside my interview with Tekias. Direct links are below.
    Main Podcast
    Tekias Interview
    IesidZaila
    Taking a break this week on the podcast. Next one should hopefully be on the 15th, and is going to be a special one. Special roundtable discussion with 3-4 people. Going to prep for it between now and then! It will be worth the wait.
    CaynMoxieZaila
  • Yay preparing
    AeryxZailaCayn
    To tide us over until we figure out this Sunday's podcast, here's an interview with indomitable @Kanivara. It was one of my favorites. Direct link is here.
    Moxie
    edited December 2019
    I have decided that until further notice when I can perhaps find someone to take Aloli's place as a regular cohost, that I'm probably just going to have the weekly podcast go bye bye for awhile and just do interviews for the time being. Well, also special events like having all 4 city leaders get together and discuss some topics(if we can every get this to work schedule wise) or if anyone from the Pools ever wants to do a Q&A with me, things like that. Sadly, I just can't get the special guests and the topics to line up the way I'd like them to, and I highly doubt anyone wants to hear me solo rant about things for 40-50 minutes a week. And on that note, I do have a link to share with you all. Aloli kept her promise and got to sit down and interview Callidora. Direct link is here.
    AloliRebraMoxieZaila
    As controversial as she is, I went ahead and did an interview with Phoenecia. It was surprisingly tame, if I'm honest! I hope you all enjoy it, and gain some insight from my little tiny rant near the end. Direct link is here.
    Bruin
  • edited December 2019
    I know this podcast is on hiatus, but as someone who has had an interest in creating a podcast/youtube channels talking about IRE games I want to commend you and I can't wait for the next one.
    Banner of the Guardians of Dendara
    Bruin and his pet squirrel, Kaly Bruin Bunny Sticker
    "Chibi Bruin" "Easter Bun Bruin"
    By: Konnorn By: Phoenecia
    MoxieCaynDrystin
    I'm going to be recording an interview this coming Thursday with @Zaila and @Cayn at the same time, and in January we'll try to get back on track again. Thanks for the praise, here's to hoping we can stay on track for the whole new year!
    RebraBruinDrystinDidiCayn
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Hey all, just wanted to throw out a quick "sorry" for being the cause of new episode delay!

I've been pretty sick (unexpectedly) for a bit and hoped I would be better to make this, but apparently its clinging on despite my efforts (of doing nothing but laying in bed and sleeping with intermittent breaks of whining to Cayn about how I can't breathe through my nose).

Sorry for being a delay! Hopefully we can reschedule soon! 
    CaynHavenDrystinBruin
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    I'm thoroughly enjoying this podcast, and I hate podcasts.

ZailaAeryxDrystinBruinCayn
    I wanted to update everyone on what's in the works in the future of the podcast. Some of this will be a surprise for some people, some of it will be a surprise to even the people involved in the podcast. It's all tentative too, but it's a plan nonetheless.

Tomorrow, I will finally be wrangling @Zaila and @Cayn to sit down for that interview. I imagine it's going to be a crazy blast, and am looking forward to it. The following week, @Aloli will be returning to the podcast to help me host it and run it again, so with her assistance we should be back on track for a weekly show.

We also are getting closer to aligning all the city leaders' schedules, and getting all 4 of them together for a little round table. I also have continued to pester @Tiur about doing a Q&A with me, and hopefully his heart or his bosses' hearts will soften to the idea soon.

And lastly, and this is a little personal but I feel I should share it anyways for those of you who would find it intriguing, I will be meeting @Erzsebet in person soon finally, after knowing her for about 8 years from Aetolia. I know she stopped playing the game, but I have asked her about doing an interview(and keeping it tame in the process), and while she gave me mostly a 'why' to doing an interview, she's softened up on it as well in the last few days. So if she becomes amenable to it, I will interview her in person when she's here.

Thanks for your continued interest! I look forward to tomorrow and every tomorrow after that!
    BruinDidiZaila
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Aeryx said:

I look forward to tomorrow and every tomorrow after that!

That's a good way to live life.
    BruinAeryxCaynRhineSeurimasZaila
    Oh boy. This one was a hoot to do. These two are wild. Zaila & Cayn interview direct link below!

Direct link here.
    Bruin
  • keep up the excellence
    AeryxCaynZaila
    edited February 2020
    I've decided to give the podcast over to Aloli completely, as I'm not entirely certain I want to play Aetolia any more now. I'm not sure what she'll do with it, maybe it'll go on to be better, maybe it's done. I'm not sure, but I did enjoy what time I did get to do it.

Edit: After talking to Aloli and Erzsebet about a thing that happened, I've decided to remain playing, but I am going to stay off the podcast and any other Discord servers for the game.

I wish Aloli luck, and maybe I'll come back to it in the future, but at this time I need to let it go so it can get done properly and for my own peace of mind.
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    Hello everyone,

I'm happy to say that after speaking with Aeryx he has decided to return to the podcast with refreshed outlook and energy. Please welcome him back.

With that said, he has decided to do the weekly episodes again. However, as I have become obliged to attend other commitments I am only able to do interviews sometimes, not weekly episodes. For that reason, he is looking for a person to do the weekly episodes with him, preferably shadow-aligned and can speak to the positive aspects of the game's life. Seek him out for more information, if you are interested.

In the past, we began a series of four interviews with city leaders. The first of which was done with Duiran and Iesid has gracefully shared the culture of Duiran.

The next installment to these city interviews was done with Rhyot about Bloodloch. You'll find a link here.

Soon there will be one with Spinesreach and one with Enorian. Please let me know if you have specific questions you'd like asked during these interviews!

Thank you!
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    BruinRebraZaila
  • edited February 2020
    They're carrion beetles! They it's because of all the undead or possibly all the carnage as it has been the city of both.

A good listen. A few questions for the city leaders: proudest IG moment, what has been your favorite memory, if you could choose to have any class from the other tether in your city what would you choose? If you had to pick a god from the opposite tether to join your tether who would you choose?
    Banner of the Guardians of Dendara
    Bruin and his pet squirrel, Kaly Bruin Bunny Sticker
    "Chibi Bruin" "Easter Bun Bruin"
    By: Konnorn By: Phoenecia
    Aloli
  • Bruin said:
    if you could choose to have any class from the other tether in your city what would you choose?
    I'll second this one. Seems like everyone has a take on how one class or another could be reskinned or which mirror class their guild would be the best home to. Plus, it's a bit topical!
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    BruinAloli
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    Alright.

Thank you both for these questions and feedback! I'll see what I can do to include them in my next two interviews, and they've inspired me to add a couple of my own questions as well with a little twist.

Also, you're right Bruin, they are carrion beetles! I completely forgot. Thank you :)
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Zaila
    Just to let everyone know, part of me deciding to keep doing this is that I want the regular, weekly show to finally continue. I have an idea for a cohost this Sunday, and if they fall through, I'm going to be doing it solo and see how everyone likes it. Should be interesting. Also, going to be interviewing @Tetchta this week at some point, if all goes to plan. Keep an eye out.
    ZailaDidiBruin
    Didn't manage to remember to interview @Tetchta but I sure saw him die a few times this week to large earth elementals, so that was something! Oh also, @Aloli just finished recording this fantastic interview with @Fezzix

Direct link is here!
    DrystinBruinSeurimasMoxieAnsidia
  • I enjoyed this podcast, loved the little brief, quirky introduction that set the tone for the 30 minutes. The topics were also spoken from a neutral standpoint, which is wonderful for those that are looking to start in a city as it saves them from a lot of the bias that tends to surface when talking about tethers.

A suggestion - the first five minutes was a little bit rocky due to interruptions, but once the topic was understood it went very well. As I'm only a listener, I do not know how the podcast is prepared, but perhaps sending the guest a preview of the questions would help a lot. Otherwise, everything else was great and I'm excited to see what becomes of Spinesreach.

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
    AeryxDrystin
    The weekly show is finally back! Me and @Zaila get to it and talk about all sorts of stuff. Direct link is here.
    CaynBruin