Announce post #3058: February promotion: Arrows!

2/1/2020 at 0:07
Razmael, the Synthesist
Everyone
February promotion: Arrows!

Tiur is away but he left me this to post for February's promo, enjoy!

Online at https://www.aetolia.com/credits/ you will find packages of arrows for sale. Now, somewhat chaotically, these arrows do not exist physically and are merely tied to your heart. To fire an arrow like that, you'll need a Heartstring Bow... CALLFORTH HEARTSTRING. Then it's as simple as finding someone who needs a little love and SHOOT <person> (LoS or in the same room, some combat restrictions apply)

Being shot will get Easy Katy's attention! Katy will find those that have been hit with arrows and pass out a bag of prizes for them. That prize is limited to once a Howling. In addition, the person who shoots the most targets before the howling, and the person who has been shot the most times, both will get 25cr! All ties split those rewards.

At the end of the day, around the Howling, Katy will start looking for people who have been shooting her arrows, and much like Ironbeard.... you get a present! 25 arrows fired nets a gold purse, 5 a silver, and singles a bronze. If they don't divide easily you'll get a mix of purses in descending order gold->silver->bronze. This resets on the Howling, so if you want gold purses, don't spread out the shots!
- NOTE: If there is demand, I will make a command to just call Katy. That way you don't have to wait if you've shot all you want to. Let me know in the forums!

So let's summarize:

Buy arrows online.
CALLFORTH HEARTSTRING
SHOOT <victim>
Victim gets a chance at getting an Easy Katy prize.
Arrows shot by you break down at the Howling into gold (25) silver (5) and bronze (1) prizes.

Average prize values
--------------------
Gold Purse: 750cr
Silver Purse: 150cr
Bronze Purse: 30cr

Prizes for the Promotion!

Sachets contain a lot of currencies which may be traded at the Vday shop for specific prizes, if you don't like randomness!

Currency: flowery sachet
------------------------
These trade in via PROMO TRADEIN for 12 credits, but have 15 credits worth of value in the valentine's shop.

Minipet: a pair of lovebirds

flair: seductive

phylactery: perfection

BRONZE PURSE
------------
Seductive Flair piece
Perfection Phylactery piece
Bag of Chocolates
30 IC
a flowery sachet
30 Credits
15 Credits
50 Bound Credits
100 Bound Credits
(Keep in mind you can roll multiple prizes, there's a minimum value!)

SILVER PURSE
------------
Bronze Purses
MORE SACHETS
Minipet
75 Credits
75 IC
150 Credits
300 Bound Credits
500 Bound
XPChalice
Wand of Reflections
Vibrating Stick
Transmogrification
NoContactEmote

GOLD PURSE
----------
1250 Credits
1500 Credits
3000 Bound Credits
Wormhole_warp Lvl 2
Token of Passage

p.s. There's an arrow for purchase in the milestone shop.

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 1st of Haernos, in the year 485 MA.
RebraAros

Comments

• I would actually like the ability to call katy myself.

ArosZailaLiarra
  • +1 to a function to call Katy early.
    ArosIesidLiarra
  • Are Org Credits dealt out for this promotion?
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    me trying to RP while y'all out here shooting

BruinSeurimasTekiasMoxieZailaIesidHawa
  • edited February 2020
    Seurimas said:

Are Org Credits dealt out for this promotion?

..no. Again. Really hope he gives them out retrospectively if he adds them later...
    Seurimas
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Posting through pain meds (got my wisdom teef out) so sorry if sense not making.

Promo will update to do org creds when I'm back. Will also make Katy summon ability.
    MoxieCzciennRebraArosSeurimasZailaXavinIesidHawa
  • feel better soon @Tiur and yes to summon!
    RebraArosZailaSeurimas
  • @Tiur where is this Valentine's day shop at?
  • edited February 2020
    Katy never actually showed up for me after I was shot with an arrow and had shot others with arrows. Then again I can't be on at howling frequently.

• It took me a while after logging in to get her.
  • Tiur said:

Posting through pain meds (got my wisdom teef out) so sorry if sense not making.

Promo will update to do org creds when I'm back. Will also make Katy summon ability.

Get better soon!

Some quick feedback: having the ability to summon Katy is about the only thing this promo needs, so I look forward to it! I like promotions like this where there is a stated minimum value at the very least. USD. It puts a floor on the value of my purchase and makes decision-making a lot easier.
    LinCzciennMoxieLiarra
  • +1 for summoning Katy please, I’m impatient and spoiled from other promos
  • Weird aside for feedback: during months like this, perhaps we could cycle in some temporary purchase options?

Example: offer token of passage for credits til end of Feb - this way players can get that, if they want, and not feel screwed by RNG (which would be spitting credits into their hands to use on the aforementioned purchase). Just put a pricetag on it. :(
  • Is there a way to transfer arrows? Either to trade or split a purchase between alts?
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    Drystin
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Hm, I suppose I can put in a way to transfer arrows! Update incoming, I'm just slow.
    SeurimasDrystinMoxie
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Orgs now get credits for Valentine arrow purchases.

You may PROMOTIONS HURRYUP to act as though the howling occurred and ready yourself for Katy's
    visit. This means she may not appear immediately, but you are now on her list. It -should- only take
    5-10 minutes. If it does not, message me, and I'll fix that. Anyway, once she appears she rewards as
    if the day were over, so make sure you shoot however many you want before you do this.

PROMOTIONS ARROW GIVE <#> to - need to be in the room, but gives your arrows over. As always,
    any abuse I'll just shrub you.

SeurimasFezzixRebraLiarra