Short Questions

Comments

• Saving it to a cureset did not work. When it wiped my priorities and set them as default it did the same to the cureset. Maybe it's fixed now?

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I've got a couple questions about OUTFIT related stuff:

1 - weaponbelts don't seem to register into the system, is this intentional?
    (aka, they don't toggle between worn and removed when using the OUTFIT WEAR command)
    2 - Meanwhile, fangs (syssin weapon fangs) do, is this intentional?
    3 - Does the Artifact Wardrobe send your artifact-clothing-items to the wardrobe as well?
    - If yes, will they stay there, or reset into your inventory?
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Being an owner of an arti wardrobe that gets a lot of use:

1. It probably is. It's kind of a convenience thing since being without a weaponbelt would be kind of annoying.

2. Fangs are probably an oversight. It's mildly annoying being without fangs when I switch outfits.

3. Wardrobe DOES send any and all wearable artifacts to the wardrobe, but they get reset to you like normal after a bit.

Zaila
  • Is there any chance we can get shapeshifter hoods turned into a collection syntax like styles, flairs, phylacteries, chrysalises, and literally all other forms of real-money cosmetics? It's super disappointing to lose hoods if you decide you'd rather use another.
    ChurchAnsidiaStineDrystinMjollMacavityRijettaAloli
  • Do I use the issue command or the bug command when reporting quests not being in the quest system? Or should I send a message or mail to someone?

• What all governs line tension in fishing? It seems to be all over the place and I can't figure out why.

Fish A:

You use Fishing Reel.
    You reel frantically against the fish's bulk, trying to bring it closer to you.
    Line: 67% Fish: 0% Distance: 31%

You use Fishing Reel.
    Line: 72% Fish: 0% Distance: 20%

You use Fishing Reel.
    Line: 84% Fish: 0% Distance: 10%

5% jump in tension on one reel, 12% jump in tension on the second reel.

Fish B:

You use Fishing Reel.
    Line: 56% Fish: 8% Distance: 48%

You use Fishing Reel.
    Line: 60% Fish: 4% Distance: 39%

You use Fishing Reel.
    Line: 74% Fish: 0% Distance: 31%

You use Fishing Reel.
    You have made an especially mighty yank against your aquatic opponent!
    Line: 80% Fish: 0% Distance: 18%

5% jump in tension, then a 14% jump in tension, followed by a 6% jump.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Pretty sure it's RNG weighted by fish weight/difficulty vs rod type/strength.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• TiurTiur Producer
    Konnorn said:

Do I use the issue command or the bug command when reporting quests not being in the quest system? Or should I send a message or mail to someone?

It's worth noting somewhere like here. Since it's not broken, it's not a bug... and no one's officially in charge of fixing that stuff, so it's hard to message.
    Tekias said:

Pretty sure it's RNG weighted by fish weight/difficulty vs rod type/strength.

It's pretty much complete random based on the 'class' of fish. Since 99% of the fish are in the final tier, it's a wide range of random.
    KonnornZaila
  • What does the relic skill flames do?
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    When does the next monthly promo typically get announced? The day of the 1st, or a little before? Just curious!
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    @Noon I think you're referring to the Flame-wreathed racial skill listed in HELP RELIC ITEMS. It basically sets anyone on fire when they punch or kick you.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • no setting me on fire thanks
    CaynZailaAeryxArbreRhineAxius
  • @Aeryx Usually just before the first at GMT (or Howling). The timing can vary, but this is typically when it is posted!

Aeryx
  • TiurTiur Producer
    It can vary when I break something, or something hasn't turned out how we expected. But the intent is the GMT changeover to the 1st.
    Aeryx
  • whew I did not break it
    AeryxRhineZailaLin
  • Is there a way to explain the Rankings system in a manner that doesn't make my head want to explode? I'm trying to figure out how I climb in almost every category every day, but sometimes I stay the exact same rank or *lose* ranking. Specifically, how does Overall work? I was at 115 points overall 2 days ago, now after 2 days of grinding, jumping up quite a few spots in some rankings, I'm at 114 points overall.

Like I get it, other people move up and down too, but when I compare rankings from one day to the other and I am higher in every category, only to get out ranked by people who aren't even active that I was previously ranked higher than...well, it hurts my head to try to comprehend what is going on.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    It's kind of too late for it now, but was the Celesmas tree shop ever supposed to make a comeback this year? The path to it did eventually open up, but spewed you back to the Cave. Was kind of looking forward to being able to get more perfumery and fumology materials from there. 
  • Can anyone confirm what level hunting transes at?
  • TiurTiur Producer
    It works off of a distance from average formula. The more you deviate from average, the more points a given rank is. So if a ranking has 1000 people sharing 2nd place (even though it ranks them 2-1001) 2nd place is not worth much. Every ranking contributes points for overall rankings. So in rankings with very spread out ranks, like level, it's hard to affect overall much. In rankings with very tight groupings and not much movement, a slight change can cause drastic shifts. Also, calculating every 24 hours really makes it hard to track what's going on.

The shop was put on hold while some other things are done. They just ended up taking a long time.

DrystinSkiva
  • edited December 2019
    Well thats a bug then cos sliva is 120 and still not trans :/
    Also. Market orders? >_>
    Fezzix
  • TiurTiur Producer
    They didn't spawn? I am going to scream.

Putting NPCs in charge of their own orders was a terrible idea, because they can now choose to rebel and not work.
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Are colors that are used in short descriptions of items a RP/God only thing? Or can we customize our stuff with it now?
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    Aeryx said:
    Are colors that are used in short descriptions of items a RP/God only thing? Or can we customize our stuff with it now?
    God only flavour thing.
    RebraAeryxIesidMjoll
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Is there a way to find the short name of a clan that's private without being in it?
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    When did assist experience for foci related PK get nerfed?

• #2996 - 8/19/2019 at 8:35 - Keroc, the Starborn
    Experience Changes
    Some PK experience changes that you should probably know about!
    - Increased the base cap of gained PK experience to 4.5 mil, up from 3 mil.
    - Experience bonus from foci PK lowered to x2, down from x3.
    * This keeps foci PK experience roughly the same.
    - Broadened shared experience checks from assists:
    - Removed increased experience loss from dying within an enemy city.
    * The increased experience loss we added some time ago more then makes up for it.
    * Now gives double experience when killing a city enemy within city walls.
    http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/3259/announce-post-2996-experience-changes
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • I discovered 4.15.1, 4.15.2, and 4.15.3 today. Are these player-written? Are they not?

Whichever the answer might be, are you accepting submissions?
  • Karhast said:

I discovered 4.15.1, 4.15.2, and 4.15.3 today. Are these player-written? Are they not?

Whichever the answer might be, are you accepting submissions?

These are a mix of player written and admin written. Each guildmaster, at the time of starting to create these, was reached out to afaik.
  • They were! I never heard anything back about what I wrote for Sentinels. :/