Announce post #2973: Sciomancer and Ascendril revamps are here!

2»

Comments

• TiurTiur Producer
    Yes! We also owe other classes this :(
    Aros
  • So! Seems like a good place to put this question. I don't want to bug it cause I'm not certain it is one. But here's my conundrum.

I've been wondering on how gravity Weight is supposed to really interplay, because with imbue constantly up, not using impede or anything, it seems really difficult to get it to a full stack of 5. Thinking about this, I've been rereading the AB files and found this gem.

Weight (Gravitation) Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax: GRAVITY WEIGHT

Through the power of shadow, you can cause the influence of your singularity to grow and settle within the
    bones of your enemies - so long as they stand near your singularity, they will find their personal gravity
    grow. This magic may affect a target up to five times. Some abilities will have stronger effects against
    denser targets. The only cure for this effect is time away from the presence of a singularity.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlighted the most relevant line, but is this how weight is supposed to be functioning? As it currently is, gravity weight will tick, and then well in advance of the next tick it cures a level. In other words, if you just sit in the presence of a singularity that has weight on, you'll never have a stack of weight for more than a few seconds.

Seurimas
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Currently functioning as designed, you can and should get to five stacks, particularly for cases where you want to erupt! It's certainly a bit weird of a mechanic though.
  • Out of curiosity, if I had a super old Tri-trans Magi character, now with no class skills and few lessons, is that a BUG, an ISSUE, or is there a magic word to pick my class or something?
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
  • TiurTiur Producer
    O_O that is an ISSUE! We'll see if we can't get you fixed right back up. That shouldn't happen
    SeurimasTekias
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Tiur said:

Quick note for the worried: This change makes old artifact staffs weird. We'll be changing them to normal staffs with weapon customization runes, like normal weapons. Eventually. It's a bit of a never-tried thing to change up customize code like that so we need a little bit.

*cough cough*
    You are holding:
    "voidstaff215588"        a sleek, polished obsidian voidstaff.
    Any ETA yet? >.>
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

StineXavin
  • TiurTiur Producer
    And with staffs refunded, I can unsticky this post. Huzzah!
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited January 2020
    How do you refund the rune? I tried TRADEIN but it wouldn't let me. Also can I ISSUE about the second custom on my staff not giving a rune, or am I SOL on that one?

Edit: Outing myself as an idiot on the first count, I didn't realize it was ARTIFACT (arti) TRADEIN, thought it was just TRADEIN (arti)
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• TiurTiur Producer
    I did one rune per staff, because the customs do remain in the system.