Critical Chance by level spreadsheet

Hey everybody. I'm kind of a nerd and I love numbers, and I was noticing as I was bashing that my crit chance seemed to be going up quite dramatically, and I dug up an old post here that had a crit-chance-by-level table. I cleaned it up a bit and turned it into a spreadsheet with a graph. Here's the link if you're curious: clikky

There's not a lot of new info probably to old players, but I noticed that it does follow a pretty simple exponential curve. One thing I'm curious about, though, is if anybody knows if the crit chance caps at 100, or if it continues to rise? You'll also note that this isn't a fully helpful chart, because it doesn't list the chance of a specific type of critical on it, so if anybody has more data, I'd love to expand the sheet.

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I'm level 156 and my audit says: Crit. Chance | 47.23%
    That's without my artifacts on and removing my enhancements. I don't know how to check to see if I have anything else affecting my crit rate.
    Tetchta
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    So clearly it doesn't keep going at an exponential rate upward. I'm not sure what the exact formula/curve is, but obviously it's capped somewhere, guessing 50%, and after rising rapidly, you start Zeno's paradoxing your way closer and closer to a flat 50/50 with each level.

• It doesn’t increase past 100. You get augmetic enhancements every 10 levels which you can use to unlock improved crit chance. This is 1.5% each and you can do it twice.

If this works how it has worked for other IRE games, which it seems to, if you roll a crit it rolls again to see if it is a 4x crit, then again for 8x and so on. This means that as your crit rate goes up so does the overall strength of those crits.
    Tetchta
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    I had a tracker in my CMUD system that would track crit strength. Overall, on a crit hit, 50% were 2x, 25% were 4x, 12.5% were 8x, 6.75% were 16x, and 3.325% were 32x, with the remaining 3.325% fluctuating and spread out over all five crit strengths as time went on. Admittedly, this was post-80 bashing, but it seems like once you score a crit, it coin flips to either settle or move on to the next strength.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

TetchtaSeurimas