Lore questions.

1171819202123»

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Oof, that's awkward. My character's known that since it happened. I'll have to figure out how to reconcile this.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Sorry! I tend to get stuck in situations where there are lore threads just dangling, and I have to decide whether we dredge for resources or just let go. No one remembered, so let go. So far, I haven't had to blame Omei and say it was all a dream yet, though.
    LinAloli
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    I'm not saying it was Artifice...but it was Artifice *aliens dude image
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

RebraDrystin
  • Oldie but goodie:

DrystinAloli
  • edited May 2020
    Do vampire-raised undead have a will of their own? Can loyal mobs' ordered emotes for such minions count IG as actions they have taken and thoughts they have thought by themselves?
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I suspect the answer to that would be yes, all the other ents are essentially normal versions of whatever x is from x plane. Spirits/demons/wild animals. There's probably an argument to be made for them being subsumed from individuality from your will/subjugation in the case of domination ents and undead tho. Like how the only reason the nature spirits can exist on the prime plane is their tie to the shaman. The only reason the weasel doesn't run off into the woods is some sort of spiritual/friendship bond with the sentinel. The creatures are not acting NORMAL when they're like IN YOUR SERVICE.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I've always sort of assumed they do have some independent thoughts and the ability to act on their own, but the amount of it they can actually do and use depends on the person who raised them. If that person raised them for a very specific purpose, like fighting, and the vampire is highly skilled in Sanguis, it would be a lot easier to have complete control, the same way a sire can control a childe.
  • Is Aetolia taking place on a flat plane/disc, or is the realm a sphere like our own in real life?
  • Stigandr said:

Is Aetolia taking place on a flat plane/disc, or is the realm a sphere like our own in real life?

I think it's a sphere, and we're currently on a small part of it. Maybe like Australia.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    Stigandr
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    @Stigandr well, since we know the other celestial bodies in the in-game universe are listed as spherical, it'd likely make sense that we maintain that Sapience and Albedos both rest on a similarly spherical celestial body. I think this specific point came up back when they brought the sun back after like.. an in-game decade or so of having the sun be like... gone.
    Stigandr
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    What is the average in-game worker's monthly payment? I'm genuinely curious to know what the average unskilled laborer is expected to bring in within a month's extent, because I'm curious to know if we adventurers just get massively inflated prices to things that are required basic necessities, or if we just happen to focus on things that are excessively costly, and as a side-effect skew towards pricing things in the exorbitantly expensive side of things because "that's how things cost! ...right?" just like.. well. Let's not follow THAT line of thought. ANYWAYS.

I was actually thinking on this last night before I went to bed, and was curious so I figured I'd post out my logic here too using a variation on the D&D money system (1 gold sovereign = 1 copper in equivalent value, with the whole 'base 100' value system for copper > Silver > gold. I.E: 100 coppers = 1 silver, 100 silvers = 1 gold, ect. ect. ) Because in D&D, the average unskilled laborer's monthly pay IS 1 gold. (which is why it's always a funny reaction in some of my groups when someone's like, "hey. You. Traumatized as fuck dock worker. You didn't see nothin' and you'll get 15 gold." and the players get shocked when a guy's like "yup! yup! absolutely! Didn't see NUFFIN!" and takes the gold, because that's literally a year pay and then some)

But I also figure the math works out, because denizens aren't adventurers, they might need to pay land taxes or rent or w/e to keep stuff afloat, but 10,000 gold a month would cover a daily food cost if kept cheap AND would probably cover other basic necessities that must be replaced on a less common method, like clothing and such. Even in a world where MOST of the food costs CAN extend pretty fricken high.

I also want to apologize to our lore-centric celani, Admin, and producer. Because I know lore-people tend NOT to be economists. And I know how fucky-wucky the time-scale for Aetolia IS which makes it hard to think in terms of months.

(Especially seeing as a month in-game is about 4 and a bit IRL days, Like.. literally 4 days and 4 hours) But I got curious because I started thinking "...where do these people get food and drinks? And how do they afford clothing?! Our economy is like.. HYPER inflated if one thinks about it.)
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I'm not a math person, but I think the best indicator for what the average 'normal' NPC makes would be looking at city guard wages. If I remember right, guards receive comms as wages. Also, judging from the cost of things in NPC shops, I think a good estimate of earnings would be a few hundred gold per month. Player produced stuff costs more, and could be interpreted as high end designer.

But in terms of sheer earnings? Player characters are insane billionaires. 
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    @Phoenecia that is a place to start, but then you realize how much -food- costs as a foundational requirement for the average denizen. The literal cheapest thing you can find is a Ration at 10 gp per. And if you're suggesting they're eating cheaper than that.. Garlic and Butter are 3 and 4 gp per respectively. And while I can see an argument for adventurers getting "Adventurer pricing", or better yet, Denizens shop in shops that aren't adventurer shops maybe? A separate economic system entirely? That feels.. kinda forced and unrealistic to me. Adventurers being insane billionaires is actually accurate though. Though at 10k gold per in-game month, I could see someone eating at least 2 meals a day for 25 days at 40 gp per day, on top of affording taxes and other costs for their homes, ect. ect. And while foraging -would- supplement the meals without adding to the gold cost, and was common to an extent for those who were common in the unskilled labor pools, it would not be enough, on average, to feed more than one or two meals every few weeks, if that.

Plus, back in medieval times, being a guard was not an unskilled labor job. And also tended to pay similarly to a few of the skilled labor costs in the way of being provided food and shelter, usually at the dime of the governing body that hired you until you found a spouse and moved into a home with them, which they usually subsidized as the land owners so that you were not really paying anything more than taxes on them. As well as supplied you with the tools and things you needed for the job of being a guard. But in exchange for them investing all that into you, you were expected to train until you could handle the rigors of combat, and be a presence to protect the governing body, and by extension the people when they were included in the protection.
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    so... necroin' 'cause I wanna ask @Imvra more questions! Sorry if poking ya is not okay!

I was curious, do we have some sort of gist of an idea as to what Nazetu Cutter blades look like?