Lore questions.

Comments

• ...but Phillip Tallow.

He is a story of LEGEND.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I don't know why but for some reason it's established that I hate Phillip Tallow. I forget now.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    So, this has actually been on my mind for a while now (since the Year 470 culture exhibit contest), but what's the deal with the fae creatures in/around Duiran? I've not really been able to figure out much about them beyond them being related to Dendara or being from Dendara. And what's the deal with the faeries in Vintal Glade beyond being an old holdover from Achaea? Fae are obviously a thing in Aetolia, but it feels...I dunno. Unaddressed? What are they? And what creatures/races does it encompass?
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    If we're talking about the soliad, I wish I knew how to get them to work right...I tried so hard when I was Speaker but that ended up with the Admins saying it was part of a storyline that never got finished.

They'll freeze their buzzing and look at you when you say a few trigger words and they're tied to this sun-warrior story. I wish I could remember it all now.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Kalinaar
  • edited March 2019
    Hey, I'm looking for some clarification. The Pillars are said to reside in the "abyss", but are also, I'm fairly certain, said (or understood ICly) to be part of Azvosh. When we visit the Pillars, I think the message even mentions Azvosh, but the whole point of the Pillars is ensuring that Azvosh and Prime don't collide. Is the abyss part of the Azvosh plane or is it more of a planar buffer between Azvosh and Prime? I'm assuming the latter, but I'd like to be clear before I proceed IC.
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    The Pillars are in a buffer zone between the two planes, yeah. If you survey while there it'll actually say "You are in the void betwixt the planes."
    IazamatKelliaraVyxsisAloliIesid
  • Thanks!
  • KasimirKasimir Clearwater, FL
    I've heard more than once, "Idreth have horns." I realize characters don't try strictly following this, but is there ant substance to it?
  • It is generally accepted that all the endgame races have whatever you want them to have (within reason). Tails, tusks, horns, tentacles, hooves, weird eyes, animal ears, etc. Have fun!
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    Kasimir
  • Idreth were the most "you are what you make of yourself" of the three endgame races due to the nature of how it came about. There is no prototype Idreth or defining features  
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    As with the above, I believe the 'become Idreth' message is basically summed up as...

You Thanos Snap yourself, then think 'screw that' and reform yourself in your own image.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• Is there any lore for golems beyond "they're made of earth/rock/gems"? I can't recall the animation message, but I don't think they have souls or any sort of "will" beyond the desire to protect their creator, right? Anything they say or do is an order or impulse from the creator?
  • As far as I can remember, golems are beings shaped from pure earth and animated through earthen runes engraved into their bodies - these runes channel energy directly from the plane of earth and into the golem, giving it 'life'.

I know a lot of teradrim like to roleplay their golems having personalities, but I'm fairly sure they're more like automatons, mindless beings that just do what they are directed. Could be wrong there, though.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Not an official answer, but what Nerakh said. I did give my golem a personality, but I played it off as Tekias imprinting it with the runework, rather than it being truly unique. A sliver of his own personality, if you will.

Hi.

• ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    I will expand upon this in the upcoming HELP TERADRIMRP file, but you are all correct -- golems have no sentience or will of their own. Everything they do is at their creator's command. They are shaped from Earth (which is why ones that heavy metal influences are in a gray area, since metal intersects with Fire), and given commands through their creator's Animation abilities.
  • Thanks!
  • Additional question: can we make them butler clothes but like, too small butler clothes?
    Mjoll
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Rasani said:

Additional question: can we make them butler clothes but like, too small butler clothes?

You show me an IDEA number and I'll give you an IDEASUPPORT.

Hi.

• AxiusAxius where I am
    edited December 2019
    This might be a weird question, but I wonder if @Imvra or someone else might know.

Do Nazetu and Arqeshi have sweat glands? Do they -sweat-? Or does the slime they exude make up that function, and actually technically replace those glands?
  • ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    Axius said:

This might be a weird question, but I wonder if @Imvra or someone else might know.

Do Nazetu and Arqeshi have sweat glands? Do they -sweat-? Or does the slime they exude make up that function, and actually technically replace those glands?

This is correct, they don't sweat like humans. Slime replaces that.
  • Is there a difference between Praadi and Praadi an-Kiar? I know there are instances where players have said an-Kiar means specifically the 'Voices' of the Guardians (NPCs in the Valley of the Ancients) but there is also a specific situation where your character is called "One of the Praadi an-Kiar". Vras currently doesn't answer the question when asked.

Also how is Lleis pronounced? With a Y or an L and how many syllables?
    Banner of the Guardians of Dendara
    Bruin and his pet squirrel, Kaly Bruin Bunny Sticker
    "Chibi Bruin" "Easter Bun Bruin"
    By: Konnorn By: Phoenecia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited January 2020
    @Bruin Praadi an-Kiar is either one of the voices of the Guardians or was used a term for former guildmaster. (Was Shaman GR-19 before)
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Curious where the situation was might be a mistake?
  • Probably the most important question at all: just what boss music did those Tsinkin Flintbeard hired play?
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    edited January 2020
    For some reason this is what I heard all the way through that particular part;

TiurHavenCaynAloli
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Benedicto said:

For some reason this is what I heard all the way through that particular part;

It doesn't matter what the music is supposed to be, because now this is what I hear for it.
    LinCaynAloli
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Psh. Really? This is what I keep playing in my head during the Flintbeard boss fight.

Nerakh
  • @Phoenecia I approve of this specific video, specifically the 2:11 mark.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Hi! So I am more or less aware that Father Brachus's tomb revealed that he was actually a complete bastard, and I remember that he was even outed to have child concubines, but it occurs to me that my memory is fuzzy.

Can someone give me the 411 on Brachus?
    Nerakh
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Oh! That was some nonsense made up by a former volunteer before my time, and I didn't really agree with it so I had it retconned. From what I understand only a small circle of people around the GM at the time knew about it at the time and they kept it close to their chest so it wasn't that big a deal.
    BenedictoAloli