Announce post #3035: December Promotion

12/1/2019 at 0:03
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
December Promotion

Hooray Holiday Season!

That means stockings. Who doesn't need socks? Stockings for sale under the 'Artifact Packages' section of our credit purchase page at http://www.aetolia.com/credits

You can hang these stockings up for yourself or a friend, and after some time Ironbeard will sneak along and fill the stockings with goodies for the owner to collect! Of course, they aren't reusable.

Ironbeard never strikes the same sock twice - the smell chases him away.

Syntax: HANG <stocking> FOR ME/<friend> [ANONYMOUS]
---------------------------------------------------

If you are hanging it up for someone else they will be notified of such, and if you choose to hang it up for them anonymously, they won't know it was you who did it. The message will also be delayed by a minute if anonymous, to give you time to flee the scene!

Syntax: STOCKINGS, OPEN STOCKING
--------------------------------
You will be able to see the status of all of your hung stockings with this command. Once it's marked as filled, simply go to the room and OPEN STOCKING.

There are four tiers of stockings: Festive, Fancy, Grand, and Extravagant.

Festive: 1 prize roll
Fancy: 4 prize rolls (that's +1 rolls for the cost)
Grand: 11 prize rolls (that's +2 rolls for the cost)
Extravagant: 29 prize rolls (that's +3 rolls for the price! 29 rolls in one stocking)
Trick: Same pool as Festive, but is way more fun

Bonus! For every 5 stockings of a given tier (We'll keep track of this over the month, so feel free to split up purchases, no worries) you can get either a platinum or gold stocking of that tier! That means 5 Extravagant Stockings gives you 1 Gold/Platinum Extravagant Stocking! These stockings are special and fill on December 25th (gold) or January 1st (platinum). They also have about double the prize odds of their lesser, more mundane compatriots, plus chances for a special prize.

Gold stockings not hung by December 25th will become Platinum stockings.

Gold Special Prizes (only 4 stockings will have these)
------------------------------------------------------

10x Artifact Salvage
Stomping Boots
A Ring of Elemental Mastery
A class unlock token

Platinum Special Prizes (only 4 stockings will have these)
------------------------------------------------------
A custom Premote token
A Merchant's Logbook
A Beastmaster's Whip
A custom Vox token

Special New Artifact
---------------------
An iconic icon - prevents someone from using you as their Chameleon target. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE (of you)

You can refer to HELP STOCKING ITEMS to see more information on what items you might find in your stockings, including the unique artifacts that will be drawn in the golden/platinum giftbags.

Happy Whatever You Celebrate!
-T

PS Yes, seriously, a Merchant's Logbook. It's been three years. It likely won't happen again; we only allow a certain number to exist at once. This makes my stomach hurt and I'm scared.

Penned by my hand on Falsday, the 4th of Lanosian, in the year 484 MA.

Comments

• Am I misunderstanding things or are the pricings kinda weird? The best value seems to be the 4-roll stockings ($3.75 per roll), rather than the big one ($4.48 per roll). You could buy 3 fancy stockings for the same price as 1 grand stocking and come out with an extra roll. You could buy 3 grand stockings instead of 1 extravagent stocking and come out with 4 extra rolls and ~5 extra dollars.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    ZailaDrystin
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Good eye! I totally need to post that there's a mistake in the descriptions, and the rolls are actually higher. Will do once we work out WHY that happened.
    SeurimasZaila
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I recently got the milestone prize stocking that said it was supposed to be a festive one, but it turned out to be a trick stocking instead. I don't know if that's intentional or a bug.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee

HawaDrystinDristinMoxieSeurimasCaynZaila
  • TiurTiur Producer
    ...I would never do anything like that
    MoxieRebraCaynChurchSeurimasZaila
  • So, based on prices, are real rolls something like Grand for 13 (+1 over 3 Fancy), Extravagent for 40/41 (+1 over 3 Grand, or +2 since it's also $5 more)?
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245