Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• edited November 2019
    Armor should fall under it's own skillset, and greater penalties/bonuses related to movement and protection should be implimented. Armor, like weapons, in reality, are things that can be learned and utilized over time and with training. Classes should still be able to circumvent restrictions by default.
    Iazamat
  • Small idea - Rogues with no organization should have the fluff option, somehow, of being able to gain titles.
    Iazamat
  • Small idea - A "General Market", set up somewhere neutral, should be created for the more poor players that can't afford already cutthroat competition for shops, to sell and hawk wares. For a fee/tax
    Iazamat
  • edited November 2019
    Small idea - Make Drakir and Hydras as mounts.
    Iazamat
  • edited November 2019
    Small idea - Xoran fire breathing should do more damage. Despite appearing fierce and potent....it's actually WOEFULLY underpowered. In fact, it's nearly useless. I should be able to kill vermin with a single strike from fire breathing.
    Iazamat
  • Small idea - Troll @Tiur at every opportunity.
    Iazamat
  • Small idea - Expand and evolve dreams while sleeping. Especially if in a particular environment.
    Iazamat
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Sklax said:

@Xavin has a drakir, but it's a custom pet.
    Sklax said:

Small idea - Xoran fire breathing should do more damage. Despite appearing fierce and potent....it's actually WOEFULLY underpowered. In fact, it's nearly useless. I should be able to kill vermin with a single strike from fire breathing.

It's supposed to be a fluff skill for fun, not viable in any real way. Even with vermin.
    Sklax
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Okay, one by one!
    Sklax said:

Armor should fall under it's own skillset, and greater penalties/bonuses related to movement and protection should be implimented. Armor, like weapons, in reality, are things that can be learned and utilized over time and with training. Classes should still be able to circumvent restrictions by default.

Current armor system does take this into account, generalizing that anyone skilled in a class should be trained in that armor. While it would be more verisimilitudinous to make them do so slowly, we kinda handwave it. Sometimes RP loses to mechanics.
    Sklax said:

Small idea - Rogues with no organization should have the fluff option, somehow, of being able to gain titles.

Their Divine Order can do it!
    Sklax said:

Small idea - A "General Market", set up somewhere neutral, should be created for the more poor players that can't afford already cutthroat competition for shops, to sell and hawk wares. For a fee/tax

We're considering a kind of short-term market as a hobby or something, or maybe an area... but the economy as a whole needs to be healthier first. The people who own those expensive shops don't make enough off of them yet.
    Sklax said:

Those are very much more like pets. We tend to keep normal, easily accessible mounts as normal things, so as to not devalue people who custom buy things. It's one thing for one person to ride a weregiraffe, it's another for everyone to have four or five in their stables.
    Sklax said:

I wouldn't mind making it able to kill rats. It shouldn't be combat viable, lest we have everyone PvPing as Xorani. @Keroc would make the final decision on this.
    Sklax said:

Small idea - Troll @Tiur at every opportunity.

I will explode you.
    Sklax said:

Small idea - Expand and evolve dreams while sleeping. Especially if in a particular environment.

Dreams are actually a complicated system based on org membership, environment, level range, etc. There are tons of different ways we can write a dream and make sure it only shows up for certain people. BUT no one sleeps anymore so we never use it.
    CaynZailaSklax
  • edited November 2019
    No idea how viable this is, but just to throw it out there...

Three slots for different cshouts, purchasable with credits or whathaveyou. Sometimes your cshout text isn't appropriate for the situation. Exaggerated silly e.g.: Bored and uninterested, Cayn lazily hollers out, "I WILL OBLITERATE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER LOVED, HAVEN LOCKE." Impassioned voice blazing with zealous fervor, Haven roars, "Ok."

Proposed syntax:
    CSHOUTS SET <1|2|3> <string>
    CSHOUTS SUBMIT <1|2|3> 
    CSHOUTS UNSET brings you back to whatever the normal non-custom shout string is.
    SHOUT <1|2|3> <obnoxious words>
    SHOUT without the number argument default to a preset choice with CSHOUTS DEFAULT 1. An unset default will default to the string saved in slot 1. 

I acknowledge that this would mean more approval work for team admin, but I'm not sure how else to strike a balance between descriptive versatility and policed text.
    ZailaHavenAloli
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    To make it easier, I would like to see PATH GO Dash/Sprint/Gallop be toggles. As in, I toggle gallop on, and any time I PATH GO it automatically tries to Gallop if able. Yes you could probably do this in a system, but would still be a time saver for some people.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    SeurimasZailaRhineTeaniDrystin
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Fun fact I learned the other day from Mjoll and Ayuna:

If you do PATH TRACK, you don't have to do PATH GO.

Rebra
    Rhyot said:

Fun fact I learned the other day from Mjoll and Ayuna:

If you do PATH TRACK, you don't have to do PATH GO.

I've used Path Track a few times, but it doesn't use Gallop/Dash/Sprint. At least it doesn't use Gallop(I use horses because I'm still alive).
    ZailaTeani
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    @Aeryx

I'd like your change, but at the moment, my solution to this is that I have PATH GO GALLOP as a hotkey in and of itself, and then a trigger for the line that tells you "you aren't mounted, so we'll walk like normal!" that does:
    PATH STOP
    PATH GO DASH

so that I'll get there in whichever quickest way is possible with my current capacity!
    Aeryx
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited November 2019
    Could you make like, self owned artis not recall from self owned arti packs? This would be huge. @Razmael @Keroc @Tiur plz. like kegs on shop floors or whatever unless you articall all
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    edited November 2019
    Aishia said:

Could you make like, self owned artis not recall from self owned arti packs? This would be huge. @Razmael @Keroc @Tiur plz. like kegs on shop floors or whatever unless you articall all

Ok done. Any pack/container is fine as long as you're holding it. ARTICALL ALL will pull them out though.
    Aloli
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited November 2019
    Wow thanks wanted something like this forever, no more 5000 customization tokens falling out of my pack every 10 minutes.
    I'm not 100% sure if this is an Idea or a Bug, or whatever...but in my recent foray just now into sending mass messages(I had to send 2 because I didnt know there was a limit), it told me about needing to regain 'message balance', which is fine and all, I understand why...but I think it would be a good idea for the game to tell you when you regain message balance. It never did mention I gained it back, I just tried again and it worked.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    It's just normal balance, I think. Will double check
  • So, I understand if this ends up being a contentious request, but is there any chance REFINING SHACKLE could be moved (or even copied?) to the Hunting skillset and placed low? If you have refining and refining reserves, it would work as it does now, but if you don't, it would take 5+ seconds of balance to shackle. The reason I ask is that the mines were originally meant to be a way for people who didn't want to participate in the PvP portion of ylem to help contribute, as well as newbies. As is, due to crit immunity and how hard they hit, a single eld can chew through people who are sub-100. Without refining, they aren't getting any of the other perks of doing mines (Absorption), so I feel like it'd be a fair tradeoff to make it possible for more people to comfortably do their mines scenario without becoming discouraged.
    RebraArbreNerakhRhine
    The mines are scaled. Newbies should be getting eld spawned roughly equal to what they can deal with. If not we might need to double check things.
  • For what it's worth, I had a newbie alt briefly and found the mines to be easy and fun, without Refining at all. The exception might be the Kill 20 quest, which usually means 2+ group up eventually and they become a roaming death squad.

Maybe a "Disperse", to just break up big groups, that's only usable in the mines could be an interesting tool for non-Refiners.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    IazamatArbreCaynMoxieZaila
    This idea is inspired by the fact that my shop in Esterport was Unnaturally Dark for at least the last several RL days with the message in the room being: A shadowy haze absorbs light here, emanating through and around a singularity.

I asked around and no one knew of a way for me to mechanically track down who set the singularity, let alone any way to remove it that wasn't "kill who set it". (The singularity went away between me asking and writing this, though, so my thanks for whoever took care of that for me! :heart: )

For any character without something like heatsight/shadowsight/etc, they can't see anything in this room - which is a bit of a frustration for anyone that wants to RP in there. And the unnatural darkness line also removes the line about "this is a shop and you can WARES". While I recognize you can still use WARES with it up, it's still impeding someone who doesn't already know they're in a shop from knowing they're in a shop.

After asking around, there seemed to be mild player frustration at the lack of any mechanical way to remove singularities in general, so here I am!
    -------------------
    Solution ideas:

A skill in Vision that will allow you to probe a singularity in some fashion to see who set it. This would allow the player to track down the character who put it there and harangue the singularity-setter to remove it.

A skill that will allow you to destroy singularities after a period of channeling (much like WORM CANCEL)

A skill in vision that will allow you to see where singularities in your area are (much like WORM SOURCES/ENTITIES/ANGELS or the like) PLUS a skill that will allow you to destroy them after a period of channeling (much like WORM CANCEL)
    -------------------

If I'm just a dunce and there's already a way to handle this, please let me know and I'll take zero offense to my ideas here being completely unneeded!
    VahnSeurimasIazamatArbreCaynRhineBenedicto
  • edited November 2019
    Look at that mechanically pointless VIBRATIONS skill just begging to be changed to show singularities/fulcrums in the area and their owners!
    ZailaCaynHawaRhineRijetta
    edited December 2019
    I heretofore remove this "idea" since it was answered below!
    edited December 2019
    There is!

config damage_change
    Usage: CONFIG DAMAGE_CHANGE ON|OFF
    CONFIG DAMAGE_CHANGE threshold #

You will be notified of changes to mana and health equal to or over amount you enter.
    Zaila said:

There is!

config damage_change
    Usage: CONFIG DAMAGE_CHANGE ON|OFF
    CONFIG DAMAGE_CHANGE threshold #

You will be notified of changes to mana and health equal to or over amount you enter.

Ah, well then. I didn't know about the threshold amount. I knew that commnand existed, just thought it was more on or off. I stand corrected! Nothing to see here, move along.
    Zaila
  • Weredrakes?

Werecrocs are gross. To much water.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    MINIPET SUMMON RANDOM
    KonnornZailaCayn
    Aishia said:

MINIPET SUMMON RANDOM

Added!
    AishiaArbreTekiasKonnornZailaAxiusSeurimasCayn