Announce post #2984: Farming and the Agriculture system!

13»

Comments

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I've been wondering both of those things too.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited September 2019
    So does anyone know how to actually use a greenhouse? I finally got the event and erected one, but I've no idea how to actually utilize it.

Edit: I failed to notice the brand new IN exit where I put the greenhouse. It is now tilled, fertilized, and planted.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• You have to go IN the greenhouse (you'll notice there's an in exit to it once erected), and then it works just the same as the rest of the farm, till, fertilize, plant whatever you want, all year long.
  • Edited to say I figured it out the minute an answer came in. I'm swift, yeh.

Hi.

• KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    As promised in the other thread, some answers to your observations and questions:

@Tekias "So, out of curiosity (and I hate that I'm asking this, don't get me wrong), how do you disable the graphical farm once installed? "
    - As @Eliadon suggested, you can simply uninstall it from mudlet yourself, as it's simply a package we added through a download!

@Hawa "What season can we grow the cookie trees?"
    - When I get shrines, as they'll be the only offering I accept.

@Neoma "I am curious about mining, is there an ETA for the implementation of mining?"
    - Please see our new DevBlog on the website!

@Fezzix "Tannery numbers."
    - I know you received a response to this, but for anyone curious, the numbers will continue to move for a little while. Being a new system, it was always going to require balancing we couldn't predict until use. We are currently analysing the data from the last year, given Farming has experienced a full year now, as well as the new numbers of the NEW year with some minor adjustments.

@Phoenecia "I'm a chicken Mom who lost her eggs."
    - That shouldn't be happening anymore. Please BUG it if it happens again.

@Sarita "Is there anything written somewhere about how much of each are required for a bundle? I went through as many HELPs as I could guess, and didn't see anything about it."
    - This has been fixed in the ABs to display correctly.

@Macavity "so I used field maintenance and it shows that someone came to my field, but I do not see it on a map. is that by design? also you can do field maintenance multiple times, is this by design as well?"
    - We fixed the ability do do it more than once every two in game weeks. As for the people coming to do the maintenance, it is simply immersion messages, so it does not have anything for the map.

@Fezzix "What in the world does that meteorite do? It's been sitting there, but I can't tell a purpose because it's winter so there aren't any crops to affect."
    - At the moment, it is a minor flavor thing that makes chunks that could be used for crafting.

HawaSaritaFezzix
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Sorry for the obvious Mudlet question, I just recently switched to it, so still getting used to the new (to me) client.

Hi.

• So just for information, how long does it take for crops to grow in full until you can harvest it. Secondly, how long does it take for Calf's to become full grown mature Cow's?
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Deandra said:

So just for information, how long does it take for crops to grow in full until you can harvest it. Secondly, how long does it take for Calf's to become full grown mature Cow's?

Every single crop has a different grow time, and some stick around and grow more after harvesting.

All livestock start at 30% happiness, and reach maturity the next day after hitting 50%, but they need to be tended every RL day.

I actually have a full listing here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l34iNJOf743lP0O1lUXaqq60Ny4IMAAtWE7ByU5mTv8/edit?usp=sharing
    Deandra
  • @Deandra You can also ASK IVES ABOUT (plant) to see how long it takes to grow.
  • @Razmael is there a way to have the crop you have cared for to change color because as a rancher with so many calf's. It's hard to care for each calf tracking them down. Especially since each calf is one color. 
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Good idea, we can look into doing that.
    DeandraDrystin
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    If you do it that way, make it a check for 'is calf uncared for' rather than 'is calf cared for', cause, y'know, sometimes two or more calves in the same room, don't wanna overlook 'em >.>

Hi.

• Thanks @Razmael it's perfect 
  • edited November 2019
    Any way to check how many days your calves have before becoming adults? @Razmael @Tiur

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Easy. They hit adulthood at 50% happiness . They start at 30%. Probe your animals to check. Tada. 
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Yeah, Phoenecia has it correct.