Ankyrean Archives: The Podcast

AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
Hey everyone. It's me, Aeryx again. Or Andrew, or whatever you'd like to call me. Anyways, we decided on the name Ankyrean Archives. On our first episode we discuss a lot of things that come to mind. It's me, @Aloli, and @Rhyot in this first one. Still hoping to find someone else who mingles with us, but I think this was a great beginning. Until I get the podcast on more platforms, it will be hosted on our page on Anchor.fm and it will apparently be available on Spotify at some point(whenever Anchor uploads it). The direct link is here.

I'm sure like everything else in life some people will be meh, or dislike this episode, and some will really like it. Feel free to give us feedback, just be gentle. None of us have ever done anything like this, but I still feel we did a good job, all things considered.

I have a growing list of people I wish to interview 1 on 1, and that doesn't necessarily have to just be me doing the interviewing! So keep on the lookout on our page for our interview series which will be separate from the weekly show.

Hope you like it! Thanks!

Tip: When you go to the link, don't be distracted by the Spotify button.(Unless you like Spotify and the link is working) Below it theres a button to hit play directly on the website.
Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
CaynAloliTekiasSeurimas

Comments

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I would like some admin clarification on pronunciation of 'Gazza' - as a citizen of Her Majesties British Isles, Gazza to me is pronounced like this chap;

Or you can actually just google 'Gazza'.
    CaynAloliZailaDrystin
  • edited November 2019
    Supporting evidence for @Benedicto's correction.

Here in upside-down land, Gary becomes Gazza as a nickname, and is pronounced the same way as above. Gazza as a character had a lot of Australian references. 'Old mate' is a catchall term for 'some guy'. Gazza also knew how to play knifey-spoony, which is a timeless Australian tradition very accurately portrayed and well-documented in pop culture.

BenedictoZailaIesidAloli
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Can confirm, Spotify's uploaded. Listening via my PS4 right nao.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

AeryxAloli
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    As an aside (and sorry for the double post), how would one ask to be on a future episode, if y'all would have someone else who's asking? >.>
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Tekias said:

As an aside (and sorry for the double post), how would one ask to be on a future episode, if y'all would have someone else who's asking? >.>

You can just message me or Aloli on here or in game. I need to make an actual list now...Google Docs here I come!
    CaynAloli
  • It's a bit weird to hear someone not involved with Sunder at all say that it came from Source. Jory built it up from a system he made for a different IRE game and adapted it to be used for Aetolia.

As far as the episode itself, having a list of topics pre-set to talk about may help to curb down the amount of random offshoots that you get. It seemed to be more stream of consciousness than anything, but if that's the intent then feel free to ignore!
    ZailaBenedictoCaynAeryxAloliIesidXavin
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Highlight for me was @Rhyot attempting to do a Scottish accent and then bailing on it almost immediately.

CaynAeryxZailaAloliIesidRhyotDrystin
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Stine said:

As far as the episode itself, having a list of topics pre-set to talk about may help to curb down the amount of random offshoots that you get. It seemed to be more stream of consciousness than anything, but if that's the intent then feel free to ignore!

It was our first one. We had a list but we deviated. We'll try to keep to it a proper list next week.
    Benedicto said:

Highlight for me was @Rhyot attempting to do a Scottish accent and then bailing on it almost immediately.

I started it. Was going to keep it. But halfway through I lost the accent and was like "Welp, can't keep going now." But by that point, I was committed and needed a way out. LOL

AeryxZailaDrystin
    edited November 2019
    Stine said:

Yeah. That's fair. I did create an outline but we all ended up ranting. Should be pulled in a bit next week. But I can't wait to do some 1v1 interviews in the coming days! Managed to get many to agree to it...including spoiler alert...our old pal Galleus! Can't wait.
    CaynZailaSeurimas
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    @Benedicto and @Cayn

You two have now completely baffled me about how Gazza should be pronounced!
    Can ya'll spell it out in a way a ridiculous-yank like me could understand?
  • It's difficult to navigate phonetically, because all our 'a' sounds are so different. But try taking the 'a' in 'cat' and carrying it over.
    HUH! Here I would have expected the Americans to be the ones to nasal it up!

So, if I am understanding correctly, it'd be something like gæzæ or gæzœ ?
    CaynHammar
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited November 2019
    This is great feedback. Thank you all.
    A couple of people have mentioned shortening the time and staying on track. It wasn't meant to go that long so that's definitely manageable!

We have a list of topics going and we intend to keep adding to it just to keep sharing the different perspective but if you have any thoughts on things we can bring up and discuss for a few minutes, please message us or send an email to AnkyreanArchives@gmail.com.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Just dropped my interview from a bit ago with Kaiara. I'll try to be a little more prepared for the next one, just wanted to get this first one out of the way. Direct link is here.
    Cayn
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    This isn't the real Ankyrean Archives!
    Aeryx
    The interview was fun to listen to! Since it came up and I expect both of ya'll weren't around when this post was a thing, here's dredging up an old dead thread of people showing how they pronounce things!

https://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/2049/how-do-you-pronounce-things/p1
    Aeryx
  • Sunder actually came from Matawa which was the system we used on MKO when it was around.

AeryxZailaRhyotSaltz
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Interesting. Good to know!! :)

Hello folks,

It has proven quite the challenge to organize four people on one day when we take into account different schedules and times of availability as well as time zones. So, we've decided to change the structure of the podcast crew a little.

It'll just be three people, instead of four. Four might make things too busy and possibly difficult to keep short.

For now, the third person will be a rotating guest. This means that if you do an episode you have the chance to come back a few weeks later and host again! This will be nice to keep things fresh and offer everyone a chance to share their opinions.

Fortunately, our next guest host has graciously agreed to join us for a short episode, hopefully it'll only go between 30 to 45 minutes.

I also wanted to thank everyone who has taken the time to reach out with opinions, feedback, or otherwise!
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    AeryxCaynBenedictoMoxie
  • I am ancient er goodluck ya'all
    ZailaCaynAeryx
    Would you like to do a short interview, @Didi?
    CaynAeryxRhineIesid
    This week's episode is up! Also an interview with Teani! Links are below!

Weekly Episode

Interview with Teani
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    edited November 2019
    Really big criticism of the most recent episode: very heavily Spirit side focused in the discussion on cities, with more than half the episode talking about Duiran (to the point where the episode desc probably should have said discussion about Duiran as opposed to the general cities). Would have really liked to have heard more about Bloodloch and Spinesreach. And in regards to commentary on Enorian, it'd be nice to have someone more knowledgeable or involved (no offense to Aeryx) that can discuss stuff. I kind of feel like if you're going to go heavy focus into ONE particular aspect/city/order, it's probably better suited to an interview, or mention that the primary focus of the episode is going to be focused towards a particular view.

I was honestly expecting more of a roundtable discussion format like the previous episode. 
    Zaila
    edited November 2019
    Phoenecia,

If the postcast is going to do a series of episodes on Cities then it will do one city per episode with someone from that city. We want to limit the time because we don't want to have 30 minutes per city and end up with a 2 hour podcast.

Thanks for your input though and thanks for listening! We're going to stay with one city per episode.

Take care!
    Rhine
    For the record, I felt the same way about it as it was happening, but we'll be changing things up next time with Aloli having to leave us. I'd like to get two people from Shadow to talk with me next week!
  • I was under the impression, right away, that it was going to be more focused on Duiran being as the guest was the Duiran CL. It was a great episode and I look forward to hearing and learning more about the other cities.
    AeryxAloliKaiara
  • I had fun with it and I look forward to being on another episode.

I don't think it took a large degree of critical thinking to hear that the Duiran CL is the guest and then realize that we'd be discussing Duiran.  :)
    AloliRhineKaiara
  • edited November 2019
    Shadow tether has no Paragons, and this is the first time I (and likely many other Shadow-exclusive players) have even heard of such a system/title.
    AloliIesidRhine
  • A small suggestion for the interview episodes. How about a firm set of questions you can ask all guests at the end of the interview? Like "What has been your favorite memory in the game?" Or "Which is your favorite divine and why?" and for the older characters "who is a long gone character you miss having around?"and so on. And make sure the guests answers are not too long. Would be a fun feature!

AloliRhineIesidCaynZaila
    Those are really nice questions! I'll include them in the next (and last) interview I'm doing.

As of now, the interview that Teani and I did, we followed this format, and I think we did an alright job going through the questions as if it were a naturally flowing conversation:

- what got you into MUDS and Aetolia?
    - what was your inspiration for making your character?
    - what guild do you belong to?
    - how did you choose your guild? why do you stay in the guild/things you like about it?
    - what city do you belong to? what roles have you played in the city?
    - what are the roles you like and dislike most in the city, why?
    - have you tried any other guild or city? what do you think are the differences?
    - any advice or special secrets to new or returning players?
    - any leadership advice? what makes a good leader to you?
    - roleplay? what's a good roleplay partner to you? what's a good roleplay session like? what's a bad one?
    - questing, hunting, combat, crafting?
    Konnorn