Aetolia: The Podcast-ening

AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
Hello everyone! My name is Andrew, but you might know me better as Aeryx.

I've really enjoyed playing the last few weeks. Everyone has been very awesome. Now, to the point. This is not my first time playing(surprise, surprise), and to that end I have always wanted to make a podcast in general, I love podcasts. So I've decided to attempt to combine my love of Aetolia with my love of podcasts, and make my own. I will, however, have a co-host. @Aloli has agreed to do it with me. I think this is good to get the male and female perspective both, and it's good to not just have one person doing this week after week. I am still writing up our format, but we will be recording our first episode very soon.

Now, one of the biggest reasons I wrote this ahead of time, is that we are having a difficult time coming up with a name for the podcast. This is where you all come in! What do you think would be a good name for a weekly, hour long podcast based around Aetolia? Please post below.

Some ideas that we've had have been The Midnight Hour, Aetolia Loud Hour, and The Weekly Milestone.

Feel free to let me know what you think about this idea as a whole in general, or if you have any questions. I realize I've been vague, but I do have some ideas and will be writing them in a Google Doc for me and Aloli soon.

Thanks!
Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
AloliZaila

Comments

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    So, a few things you might want to clear up ahead of time or consider since Aetolia is kind of unique. Another player, Saervok, was attempting to stream Aetolia on Twitch not long ago, in the hopes of raising the popularity of MUDs like D&D has seen.

1) Be very careful to not complain TOO much about whatever it is you talk about. Levying criticism? Sure. But careful it doesn't turn into a whingefest. We all already whine to each other and over Discord. Preeetty sure we wouldn't want to listen to more of it in a podcast.

2) Try to be neutral/don't plug your own orgs so much. Everyone loves their orgs, but gushing about em will have your audience more than likely rolling their eyes. Talk about the orgs, events, history, and lore, but rein in the ego.

3) Consider having a player that primarily plays Shadow on your regular cast that happens to be well-known. Two primarily Spirit side people doing a podcast? Most Shadow folk will pass on it.

4) Be very careful about talking about other players. In fact, probably best to not talk about other players at all. Unless you want a gossip show. 

5) If you're doing a weekly podcast, consider different topics aside from 'what's going on in the game this week' format. Because there's really not that much news to talk about week to week. 
    MjollArbreAeryxAgothaxlOonaghDrystinCaynZaila
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    Hello Phoenecia, thanks for your input, very helpful as always.

We're aiming to keep this funny because we love to laugh and we want this to be good-natured, that means no mean-spirited things here! As such, we will not be wasting time talking about people or bringing light to any kind of negativity that anyone has experienced in the game as our goal is to popularize the more fun parts of the game as well as the new and cool things that are changing about it.

What does that mean? Roleplay, Combat, Crafting, Dungeons, new suggestions, etc. We plan to share ideas, have a good laugh, host various interviews with people who are willing from the game, regardless of what side they are on.

As Aeryx said, we'd love to have everyone's input, be it a suggestion for a topic or anything. We want to thank everyone who has given us feedback and suggestions so far! It's very encouraging. Thank you :)
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Aeryx
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    It has crossed my mind about the Shadow/Lifers thing. I think a good idea would be to have one person from each city on the podcast. However, I don't personally know anyone from Shadow enough these days to have any initial prospects as to who would want to do that. So, if anyone is interested, you can message me in game or DM me on here, or even post in this thread. I also plan on having guests on our podcast, like people from the Pools(hopefully), and people from either side of the game who want to pop in and talk about something.
    AloliTeani
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    We've decided on a name, which I will announce whenever we get the first episode recorded and finished. We're also currently looking for someone from Spinesreach, preferably female, who wants to join us on the first episode(and maybe there on out). We already have someone from Bloodloch who has committed to the first episode and is male. I want to have 2 male, 2 female so we have equal gender and organizational perspectives. Progress is being made! Next thread I post should be next week whenever we're ready to launch! Cya then!
    BenedictoAloliZaila
  • hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...