Announce post #3025: Terry the tarantula

11/1/2019 at 0:38
Razmael, the Synthesist
Everyone
Terry the tarantula

It's time to end the spider menance that has been terryorizing Aetolia! Speak to Gazza and accept a quest to venture forth into Terry's burrow and slay the escaped pet of Datlotl.

We're trying something new this time around. Rather than a one-off boss fight that only people who are around for can participate in/get the fame line for, Terry's burrow is a (short, one boss only) 3-man dungeon that will be open for a limited time. When you undertake this quest, remember that you need to append someone's name to the end of ENTER BURROW in order to join their dungeon. i.e. ENTER BURROW RAZMAEL to join Razmael in the burrow.

There's a new fame line up for grabs if you manage to defeat Terry. Terry's burrow will be open for the next 72 hours, after which the spider menance will be gone from Aetolia.

Good luck!

Penned by my hand on Falsday, the 24th of Variach, in the year 484 MA.
ZailaRebraXavinAloliHawa

Comments

• edited November 2019
    It was an intense, hours-long fight. But it was a lot of fun to finally kill that Terry. Thank you for your work on this!!

(also sorry for the bugs too)
    Some lovely images of Rebra by @Konnorn, Acaisha Buffo, and @Eleanor respectively!

Rebra chibi
    Rebra
    Callidora and Rebra
    Xavin
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Rebra said:

Those aren't bugs, those are arachnids!
    RebraArbreRhineAgothaxlAloliHawa
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Not to be a party pooper, but I was very sad when this was unveiled last night and then told by everyone(after the fact) that I couldn't do it with the team I wanted to because I had already started my Ylem Mine for the day. Coupled this with the fact that I'm going to be gone most of the weekend doing other things, and it makes me ultra sad. In the future, I recommend that it be noted in the announcement that this event had all the things apply to it that an instance does(I honestly didnt know).
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
  • Razmael said:

Rebra said:

Those aren't bugs, those are arachnids!
    Finally, Admin confirm what I've been saying all along - spiders aren't bugs. Thanks, Raz.
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Actually, we didn't really know it'd do that either. We need to make a classification system to staple on top of instance code. Growing pains! Sorry about that.
    Aloli
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Overall, 10/10 on the dungeon.

72 hour time limit not so much fun.
    Gazza blowing you up while you're mid-fight with Terry, also not so much fun.

But overall, 11/10. Would do it again. Quick, simple, easy, straightforward. I liked it. Keep up the good work!!!

RebraHawaAloli