Not sure if this belongs here but found a puzzle that is impossible to complete.

Greetings, this is my first post and I'm unsure as to where I should be really posting this as I saw no topic about reporting bugs and such, but I noticed that (Unless it resets) the current box slider puzzle is impossible to do with their formula/way they set it up. There is even a video on youtube lec 3 | MIT 6.042J Mathematics for Computer Science, Fall 2010 that goes through this in detail. But because of the odd number in the way it is set up, it is impossible to complete. It is the quest titled 'Missing Child' part two "A simple request" where you must find the order of the blocks, and then find the grid stone to then complete the slider puzzle. There are a few global completions, and only one ever of the entire chain, globally.

So either the code/way it functions needs to be looked at so one can complete it, or it scrambles itself every so often, and I have yet to figure out if it does. I even resorted to using software for slider puzzles specifically which it even told me aswell 'It is impossible'

I do hope someone can look into this, and I will check back perioidically to see if it has shuffled around to anything that one can actually complete, or if it glitched at some point. Thank you.
Stine

Comments

• If you bug it they reset it, I've had the same puzzle not work correctly before and be impossible to solve.
    Azarae
  • SilenaSilena Immortal
    Please bug any quest you find that cannot be completed. It may be that they're impossible, or that the instructions are unclear, but either way we do want to know! The puzzle now should always be solvable.
    Aloli