Thank you!

Comments

• VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    a little on the late side, but better late than never(?)

i'm aware the chaos war completely displaced a lot of plans from the moment it started back in october. there was a lot of scrambling at the time, and while it took some time to come to a conclusion, i think the event we ended up with was... really pretty impressive. yeah, i'm still bummed the indorani guild is gone. the new chaos plane, though? it's amazing. i love that we now have completely unique chaos lords that each have a bit of personality to interact with, the mazes are fun, and i'm looking forward to the faction unfolding soon.

i thought about esteeming folks in the pools, but honestly? i don't really know who all worked on it, and i'd feel bad if i missed anyone. i hope it suffices to say that i'm really appreciative of the work that went into it. thank you to everyone who made it happen.

p.s. thanks, also, for largely tolerating my return... i know it must've evoked some, er, mixed feelings.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

SilenaMjollIesidNavaAloliKoda
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited May 2019
    Vyxsis said:
    i thought about esteeming folks in the pools, but honestly? i don't really know who all worked on it, and i'd feel bad if i missed anyone. i hope it suffices to say that i'm really appreciative of the work that went into it. thank you to everyone who made it happen.
    I know it's been said here before, but tagging anyone in the Pools sends it to -everyone- in the Pools, so you wouldn't miss anyone unless you intended to call out names.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    You can now specify POOLS in an esteem to let everyone know, if such is your preference.
    MjollVyxsisIazamatTekiasNavaAloliSaritaRijettaAymah
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    Tekias said:

Vyxsis said:

I know it's been said here before, but tagging anyone in the Pools sends it to -everyone- in the Pools, so you wouldn't miss anyone unless you intended to call out names.

to everyone? huh, i didn't know. duly noted, thanks.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• @Mjoll for letting me constantly annoy you, plus the Mjollductions.

Mjoll
  • Thanks to everyone who was hanging around the Burly Chest still when I decided to wander in for spontaneous RP. There were a good few, and I can't remember all of the ones I interacted with, but the brief scene was fun, so thanks @Rasani, @Mjoll, @Iesid, @Didi, and others. Sorry others, there were lots of people, and the four mentioned above did the most direct interacting.

Felt a bit inspired by the end of the evening, actually, which is a feeling I miss getting from Aetolia. <3
    MjollIesidOonagh
  • @Mjoll , @Rasani , @Lirael and our wonderful audience that moved in and out - thank you for a splendid night of roleplay. A drinking contest where the rules had to progressively get more ridiculous was quite the scene.
    MjollOonagh
  • It was entirely way too much fun. Thank you everybody <3
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    OonaghIesid
  • I've had the good fortune of having a lot of fantastic rp in my tavern lately! I wanted this to be a place people from all tethers would feel comfortable rping, and it seems like we've gotten there! Thanks so much for indulging my little shop!
    @Mjoll @Iesid @Kanivara @Akaryuterra @Isia @Arista @Steele and MANY others!
    MjollSteeleIesidXeniaNavaArista
  • @Chakrasul thank you for making me quake in my chair in real life.

I'm sorry for the barrage of thoughts, probably mostly useless.

The time you spent with Rebra is treasured, and I am very, very grateful!
    Some lovely images of Rebra by @Konnorn, Acaisha Buffo, and @Eleanor respectively!

Rebra chibi
    Rebra
    Callidora and Rebra
    MjollOonaghRijetta
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Echoing Rebra's thoughts on @Chakrasul

Absolutely best Goddess of all time.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    Lin
  • I want to take a minute to thank @Benedicto specifically for the above post. We've already re-opened communication, as I (and many others I speak to regularly) agree that there is way too much polarization lately. We all need to do our parts to try to stave it off, even if it's sometimes hard.

So, I'm going to offer the same thing on my end. Communication is key and, while I do often give up on trying to when I feel like I'm hitting a brick wall, I promise to get better at that and keep trying instead. Anyone can feel free to ping me on Discord (or add me if you can't) via zortania#7038.

Let's try to all be kinder to each other and make a community that we enjoy. Remember - we're all human beings, this is a game, and we all have lives outside of it. We come here to retreat and have fun, not snipe and gripe about one another. We can be better, so let's be better.
    DrystinHawaBenedictoOonaghZailaRhineRebraAloliAlexein
  • I want to echo this.

It’s been a long while since I have been so inherently frustrated in this community that I have lashed out at someone and I did that recently probably the first time since I played Aarbrok, which for those who were around back then I used to get very emotionally charged when I played him and I didn’t like that aspect of me as a player and subsequently retired him.

Recently there has been a huge polarization between tethers and I have acknowledged it as I have characters on both sides with incredibly different personalities and perspectives. I also have many friends in the decade and a half in IRE that play both sides of the game, so I see the frustrations on both sides. Sometimes that frustration devolves into personalities that are inherently toxic and detract from the main goal we seek as leaders and that is community.

Sometimes people want to vent and that’s okay, but my frustrations lie in specifically sharing that venting with people for the sole purpose of creating drama and riffs in our community. We all have frustrations in role play, pk, game politics and real life. However when we purposefully arm ourselves with others frustrations we are adding flame to kindling and producing the catalyst to drive that wedge deeper in our community.

Let’s be free to vocalize frustrations but let’s also remember that we’re not the teenagers we were when we started this game and remember we’re adults with jobs, husbands and wives, children, pets, and real stresses that we find escape in a fantasy world to just have fun and escape from that once in a while.

I’ll echo two of my friends above to reach out to me if I have done anything to upset you IC or OOC I want to work to make this rift close and really build up our community and this is the first step in that. Communication
    BenedictoAgothaxlRhineRebraHawa
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited October 2019
    Edit: ...
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    AlexeinRhine
  • I am VERY THANKFUL for the recent shapeshifter hood changes. Thank you, Tiur!
    TiurZailaAloliHawaMjoll
  • After some long days, I was finally encouraged to make the final push...

Closing your eyes, you begin to concentrate upon a distant, focal point. Just faintly, you suddenly feel the nuances of the shifting essence within you. Tilting your head skywards, you take in a desperate gasp of breath to relieve the growing pain in your chest. However, it does not ease off but rather, continues to climb. The essence within you roils furiously, eliciting a sharp, agonizing pain to the center of your chest before exploding outwards, sending a burning wave of force rippling down your limbs. Before your very eyes, you see the structure of your body change and alter as the energy sweeps downwards. Feeling abruptly contented and filled deep inside, you finally realise that you have embraced your new form as Yeleni.
    A visible ripple of energy flashes across the skies above, celebrating the ascension of Seraphina to Yeleni.

So many thanks to @Rhine, @Kaiara, @Iesid, @Xavin, @Stine @Kjell, @Church, @Eratian, @Marin and all the rest of you lovely people xoxo
    MoxieCaynKerocZailaMinaretRhineXavin
  • Whoever was Seghula(?), thanks. Always a treat when an alert mob shows up and quite hilarious when they come asking about things two recently returned players had 0 idea about.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
    MjollCaynRhine
  • yay interaction and knowledge
    RebraZailaRhineCaynHawa
  • @bamathis
    Thank you for helping me to find Mj's place and voice in the order, I was struggling there for a while and you came in and blapped it all into place. Thank you so much for that.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    ZailaRebraCaynMoxieHawa
  • Hot dang, y'all. I cried at my computer yesterday. Thank you to everyone I got the pleasure to RP with.
  • A huge thank you to the onlookers at Landward Gate today, who were such immensely good sports while @Haven, @Nola, @Zaila, and myself were all being SUPER DRAMATIC in big walls of text. It was so much fun. I especially enjoyed the unexpected contributions of gems like @Serrice and @Melantha. Thank you thank you!
    MoxieHavenAeryxNolaZailaAxiusMelantha
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Shout out to @Bamathis, @Ethne, and @Chakrasul too. You have all been great putting up with my shenanigans and putting your own spin on things.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    RebraDidiZailaAxiusCaynNola
  • Really, I have plenty of people to mention and I don't think I can at the moment capture everyone. @Tatia @Fezzix @Phoenecia, Tanixalthas to name a few!

But I can honestly say that I've never had such a warm welcome back to a game, it's really made me appreciate the community and people around. @Skiva most importantly for keeping Aros alive when I couldn't be playing. You're amazing <3

CaynPhoeneciaSeurimasAsugazioFezzixTeaniSkiva
  • and i gotta thank @Aros (and probably also tani) for coming back! Skiva can be hyped again!
    Aros
  • I know I've already said this in an esteem, but thank you to @Qelres. You took a chance and have given me such a great story so far. I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
    NerakhZailaCayn