Announce post #3018: Classleads October 2019 - part 1 (end)

<pre>10/16/2019 at 5:50
Keroc, the Starborn
Everyone
Classleads October 2019 - part 1 (end)

Apothecary
======================
- [2681] Decreased reset time on crystalline entities in the Fractal Bloom to ~8 minutes, down from 1 hour.
- [2681] Mugyiks can now be found in the Northern Tundra (previously only Western), increasing the total available.
- [2681] The amount of wings dragonflies can give has been increased in range to 2-4, up from 1-4.

Assassination
======================
- [2706] Snipe damage increased by a bit.

Elemancy
======================
- [2691] Thunderbrand now lengthens pill balance recovery time by 10%.
- [2691] Thunderbrand no longer disrupts attempts to TUMBLE.
* The damage when you FOCUS still remains however.
- [2692] Shatter now requires that you have impaled the target in order to succeed.

Gravitation
======================
- [2683] Collapse Initiate equilibrium cost lowered to 3 seconds, down from 5.
- [2683] Collapse Complete equilibrium cost increased to 5 seconds, up from 4.

Mentis
======================
- [2705] Removed Skill: Leer.

Psionics
======================
- [2690] Tether now has a 10 second cooldown once it breaks.

Sciomancy
======================
- [2680] Failing Consume when shadowpriced will now half your health and mana in half, instead of killing you.

Tattoos
======================
- [2684] Firefly no longer has any affect on Sciomancer abilities.
- [2684] Firefly now has a small mechanic use in that it'll always be stripped first by random defence strip abilities.

Telepathy
======================
- [2707] Mind Blank proc chance lowered to 30%, down from 40%.

Thaumaturgy
======================
- [2708] Harmony now lasts for 140 seconds, up from 70.
- [2708] Harmony now has a message for the caster when the effect ends.

Toxicology
======================
- [2705] The jalk venom is back, and now gives the stuttering affliction.

Woodlore
======================
- [2705] Removed Skill: Wisp.

Penned by my hand on Kinsday, the 4th of Niuran, in the year 483 MA.</pre>
MjollRijettaOonaghHawa

Comments

• Hey @Keroc! Thanks for taking the time to go through all the reports. It seemed like a relatively quiet round, but if my experience simply reading the reports was anything to go on, I can only imagine how tiring it must be for you to also read through all the comments.

I want to ask about report 2707. Telepathy Blank is one of several very strong pieces of the Monk's kit. I don't want to rehash the report or my comment on it, but I'm wondering whether you'd be willing to summarize the rationale behind only incrementally reducing it? I see the approval-to-rejection numbers were quite close, but for all I know, that just demonstrates a tether-split.

I guess I'm hoping to understand a little better why the Blank ability is so key that it - or one of its supporting abilities, such as the three separate active cures in Monk's kit - can't be smooshed a bit harder. It might help those of us who would see the stronger suggestions implemented evaluate our position more accurately and offer better criticisms during future classlead rounds.

Thanks very much!
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
    IazamatFezzixMjollAloliAgothaxlBenedictoTsugaEliadonIsidoraRijettaZaila
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Out of curiosity, why ya'll disagreeing with Hawa's post? It's a request for more information so they can write better reports in the future, not a call to action or anything.
    HawaIazamatRijettaZailaAlexeinMjoll
    Also, delete mind blank.
    AgothaxlFezzixAloliMjollHawaIazamatOonaghRijettaChurchZailaDrystin
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited October 2019
    Hawa said:

I'm wondering whether you'd be willing to summarize the rationale behind only incrementally reducing it?

Decision:
    2019/10/16 02:28:31
    "I'll reduce the percent for Blank to proc a little bit. I'll reveal the votes on this one ...

... to show its a pretty close vote, hence the smaller change."

Edit: Hey, I thought of a more dramatic way to C/P! :D
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    HawaAgothaxlDrystinAlexein
    Even with the above in mind, there's usually some further rationale.
    AgothaxlIazamatHawaOonaghRijettaChurchZaila
  • It would behoove people to put aside the tether tribalism and work together to make Monks a fairer, more balanced class. It's almost a universally held opinion that Monks are extremely strong, both defensively and offensively. Fighting the inevitable will only end in heartbreak, whereas working with us for further information and rationale will allow us all to come to a fair compromise. Just saying.
    OonaghDrystinRijettaAloliAgothaxlFezzixMjoll
  • CLASSLEAD NEW DELETE TETHERS

Solution 1: Just do it, because clearly having a line drawn in the sand means we have to hate one another IC and OOC, and cant find common grounds for solutions and just spurn drama.

Solution 2: Figure out a way to make a legitimate political system not bound by WHITE and BLACK (I mean Shadow and Light)

Solution 3: Delete Monks, I mean we did it to the Indorani (Sorry Vyx)
    IazamatHawaRijettaAgothaxlMjollZailaAloli
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Leaving my personal feelings about monk and its power aside, I love hearing kerocs rationale behind classleads regardless of the situation. He once pulled me aside when I was absolutely deadset on savagery precision needing a buff and, through chatting with him and understanding his viewpoint, I was able to come to a better understanding of the entire classlead process. I think Hawa's request for clarification comes from a good place and would benefit both sides of the issue immensely.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    OonaghIazamatHawaMjollAgothaxlChurch
    There are about...3 players in Aetolia who play a monk.

Hmmmmmm.....
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    OonaghIazamatZailaKaiaraAlexein
  • You're not helping with comments like that.
    AgothaxlZailaDrystinKaiara
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Aloli said:
    There are about...3 players in Aetolia who play a monk. Hmmmmmm.....
    I play monk. Toz and Emir played monk. Iazamat plays monk. Alathesia and Zenobia play monk.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    ChurchAloliKaiara
  • Honestly, I'm really disappointed in how this thread has gone. I asked for information as politely as I could in the interest of bettering conversations about combat for everyone, but it's become a bit of a bummer. I don't think I've said anything unreasonable. Requesting information in a public forum is pretty far from a witch hunt or attack on anyone. Can't we all leave the snark and insinuation, like, elsewhere? Please?

Horkval are a feature...
    IazamatMjollAgothaxlRijettaJaiitZailaOonagh
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Most of the commentary on that report were pretty asinine on both fronts. Rejections weren't really claiming anything more then that it was submitted in late to get under the radar, and supporters weren't really saying more then 'blank is a crutch'.

After I knock those out, I'm left with only a couple useful comments. At this point I usually just look at data (Sect usually) and my own feelings, perhaps review a fight log or two. I definitely saw some winnable fights vs Monks so I chose not to do more then a slight nerf.
    AloliBenedictoHawaAlexein
  • Keroc said:

Rejections weren't really claiming anything more then that it was submitted in late to get under the radar...

I know you already leave late submission for last so that people have time to comment on them, but can we have an official 3 to 5 day period after submission close to allow people to comment on them? I feel like that would put a hard stop on a lot of the feelings people have about "late" submissions.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Iazamat said:

Keroc said:

Rejections weren't really claiming anything more then that it was submitted in late to get under the radar...

I know you already leave late submission for last so that people have time to comment on them, but can we have an official 3 to 5 day period after submission close to allow people to comment on them? I feel like that would put a hard stop on a lot of the feelings people have about "late" submissions.
    If people want this, I could cut submission time in half. So one week will be for submissions, and then the second week could be for commenting.
    BenedictoHawaStineAloliMjollAlexein
  • That sounds fine to me. Thanks, @Keroc, and apologies for spawning all waves hand vaguely this.

Horkval are a feature...
  • I lost track of time with the job relocation so all three of mine were submitted in the final hour.
    HawaAlexein
    Aloli said:

Hawa said:

I'm wondering whether you'd be willing to summarize the rationale behind only incrementally reducing it?

Decision:
    "I'll reduce the percent for Blank to proc a little bit. I'll reveal the votes on this one ...

... to show its a pretty close vote, hence the smaller change."

Edit: Hey, I thought of a more dramatic way to C/P! :D
    Out of curiosity, how is this comment abusive?
    AlexeinIazamat
  • No idea. Three of mine also got flagged, and I've not got a clue why. Somebody's trolling?

Horkval are a feature...
    AlexeinAloliAgothaxl
  • Honestly, I feel bad about starting this conversation. I really wasn't looking to stoke frustrations or anything - I just thought it was a good conversation to have publicly rather than privately. It seems I misjudged. :/

Horkval are a feature...
    Alexein
  • I admit that I flagged the post Aloli mentions. I flagged it as abuse before she edited because I felt the version she had posted was going to negatively derail the thread's discussion and bring about some of the current tether polarization onto it. After she edited it, I found the dramatic version at least funny, so I put a 'lol' on it. However, it and the editing doesn't cancel the original flagging. I didn't do it out of spite, or being petty, I did it because I was concerned that we'd see this thread go downhill fast.

Maybe admitting this much will stop the disagree/flag train that has been handed down onto me and others, which has reached some level of harassment. So, please, come on people. We can be better than the polarized tether business. Let's all be better about this - both sides. Especially on the forums, which new and returning players can see.
    AloliTsugaHaven
    edited October 2019
    @Agothaxl just to be clear, my post was done in good humor. However, after everything I've seen on this thread, I've learned my lesson and perfectly happy to keep my distance.

Also, I edited my post within seconds of posting it, I did not notice you had flagged it while I was editing it. So you're implying I edited it to make it funnier because it got flagged, which is just not true and not what happened. It also seems like a person can flag and unflag just as easily, I've never felt the need to use that option for such things but I guess live and learn.

Furthermore, here is the original version of my posting, because you're making it sound like I wrote something offensive to Hawa:
    Hawa said:

Decision:
    I'll reduce the percent for Blank to proc a little bit. I'll reveal the votes on this one to show its a pretty close vote, hence the smaller change.

-----
    All that considered, I harbor no ill will toward you and wish you the best of luck with your Aetolian endeavors.
    Agothaxl
  • edited October 2019
    Aloli said:

What all you said.

Sorry, I definitely wasn't meaning to make it sound like you were editing it to do anything in particular. My apologies there! But to clarify my reasons specifically for the flagging, here's the mindset I was looking at, from the forum rules post:

2. Be civil. This is not a place to insult one another. If you have a problem with someone, that's what the admin are for. Send a message to @Tiur or any other mod/admin. Celani/Gods/Admin ingame are default mods here. Someone is rude? Message. Insulting? Message. Etc. Counter insults are not productive.

5. Don't be a jerk. If no one gets your humor or satire, you were probably just being a jerk.

I felt you those two rules were broken in the way that you had done your post. It's probably just because we all communicate differently, since no person is the same, so I read the original post differently than you intended. The change you did helped make it more clear, at least. I'll do my best moving forward to take your humour into account so that it doesn't feel like I'm flagging things with the wrong intent. :)

So we don't go keeping this off the classlead line of discussion, this'll be my last post as well. Sorry all for the derail!
    AlexeinAloli
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    Hey friends!

We're definitely derailing here, let's go ahead and get back on topic or slide the current conversations into private messages or appropriate threads.

The alternative is @Keroc takes my cookies away to turn me into Kyna-hulk. It sounds fun in theory, but I promise it isn't.
    HawaAgothaxl