The Road to Judge

HavenHaven World BurnerFlight School
edited September 2020 in Combat Logs
This thread will primarily serve as the location where I'll post my combat victories and losses for a deeper and thorough analysis of the class. Feel free to comment and provide your own thoughts as well. I'll mostly use the Luminary class unaugmented by artifacts with the exception of crown because it allows the class to remain competitive with the High & Top tiers of combat. This is not to say a Luminary cannot kill without the Crown because they certainly can. However, without crown, the High & Top tiers of combat have classes that do what they do so much better and more consistently that you're much more likely to lose when paired against them without a crown.

Stats and Defenses: https://f64be645-9858-473f-aaf0-532379ac1b05.htmlpasta.com/

Personal Requests: Please to more Shadow-tethered opponents! My data points are absolutely abysmal for shadow-side since I rarely encounter them outside of group combat during my play time.
  • Archivists desired
  • Sciomancers desired
  • Indorani desired
  • Praenomen desired
  • Carnifex desired

Luminary Weaknesses:
  • Breaking the weapon-wielding arm disables parry entirely as we are unable to use the shield arm to parry at all.
  • Breaking the weapon-wielding arm cripples the Luminary and reduces the class to just their EQ-based attacks: Dazzle (Confusion + Dizziness), Heatwave (Berserking, Hallucinations), Purity (Spirit damage based on height of the sun, noon being strongest), Chasten (hypochondria, soulburn, stupidity, loneliness, lethargy, masochism, recklessness, dementia, paranoia, anorexia), and Peace (Peace, Pacifism)
  • Once locked down, stays locked down unless RNG from Healing Rite or Purity ring saves us. (Healing Rite can be avoided if we're moved to a new room)
  • The class is highly susceptible to impatience and paresis resistances
  • The class is highly susceptible to disrupts and extenders (epilepsy, confusion, lethargy, disrupts, etc.)
  • The class is highly predictable and easily trackable due to the limited pool size of afflictions.

Luminary Strengths:
  • Strong survivability (Healing Rite (Passive), Cleanse (Active), Perform Hands (Active Health Heal Only), Infusion (Active Health + Mana Heal only), Lightshield (15% Magic Damage Resistance), Fireblock (Passive 50% Block Chance of Ablaze affliction), Constitution (1 time vomiting resistance)
  • Strong hindering ability (Pacifism, Paresis/Paralysis, Lethargy, Confusion, Transfix)
  • Strong in-room-control (Piety, Loneliness, Dizziness, Angel Beckon, Rite of Warding)
  • Strong group utility (we can complement both AFF and Limb based classes for kill conditions)
  • Strong group kill potential (Transfix, Overwhelm, and Absolve are all easily achievable in a group setting)
  • Flexible offense where we can reasonably choose kill condition (Truelock, Damage via sensitivity stacking, Mental Aff stacking)
  • Despite affliction pool size, affliction pool has strong combinations for frequent bursts in flexible offense. A delicate but powerful weave so to speak.
Class Summary: The class has three finishers; Absolve (45% Mana Instakill), Overwhelm (Damage and Bleeding attack that increases in damage based on the amount of afflictions the target has. 5+ Afflictions and it additionally gives blackout briefly. Bonus damage added for each affliction above 5 to a max of 10 afflictions for maximum bonus damage. Damage is also affected by shield (Buckler, Cavalry, Kite, Tower) type. And lastly Judge (Channeled instakill / Cleave clone. Allegedly it becomes unstoppable on the second to last tick).

Kill Avenues

Truelock Method: The best method of truelocking as a Luminary is done in one of two ways - bury asthma behind weariness and hypochondria for the hellsight or force a condition where your opponent is forced to cure something via herb so that asthma is still cured behind 2 herb afflictions (pacifism, soulfire, paralysis, hypochondria, etc.). Either scenario serves the same purpose because Hellsight is just slow and fast enough that a properly curing opponent will ALWAYS be able to eat for 2 afflictions by the time you regain balance to reapply pressure. When you gain balance back, simply reapply any affliction that helps keep asthma buried until you eventually are able to stick anorexia when hellsight delivers slickness. You can often control how quickly slickness is delivered as well by ensuring your opponent has any of these before hand (Vomiting, dizziness, epilepsy, confusion, hallucinations, stupidity, and vertigo.)

Overwhelm / Damage Method: This method can be a little difficult to pull off depending on how your opponent cures. The method revolves around either sticking sensitivity early or stacking mental afflictions and forcing either a paresis -> paralysis tick or transfixing the opponent. Because transfixing means you're usually giving up affliction pressure in favor of hindering the target, your best gamble would be to swap to the kite or tower shield for the maximum damage. The reason why it's a gamble is because if you don't have enough afflictions on the target to one shot them and it's not enough damage to put them in Absolve range then chances are the opponent will recover from lack of aff pressure and or flee before you even regain balance from a slow overwhelm (3.70 seconds or more depending on shield). If you use a buckler to overwhelm, you're more than likely not going to give enough damage/bleeding. And honestly, if you've loaded them up with this many afflictions for a proper overwhelm, why haven't you just locked them instead and overwhelmed for flavor?

Absolve: Against optimal curing, without artifacts, a Luminary doesn't apply enough pressure to both health and mana simultaneously to achieve an Absolve without either truelocking the opponent or prepping a gamble with Overwhelm.

Judge: More often than not, outside of group combat or critical user error, you should not be able to successfully Judge another person without first disabling their means to stop you by first truelocking them. Judge is an easily interruptable channeled instant-kill.
¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
havenbanner2
MoxieAloli

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited August 2019
    Logs
    • 8/20/2019: Zynti (Zealot) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      I'm at a hit or miss with Zynti most of the time. I usually either die to the sheer damage while he's maxed out on chocolates or critical mistakes on my end. Still much to learn about how I can better handle him. I'll be playing around with my curing in the days to come and see if some of my theories about Zealot work.
    • 8/20/2019: Azami (Ascendril) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Not much to really see here. She's the first Ascendril I've come across and so it was mostly a line gathering exercise.
    • 8/20/2019: Church (Sentinel) vs Me (Luminary) Victory
      I'm not sure what to draw from this one with Church. He hit my rebounding a lot and doesn't appear to track hidden afflictions from Shine. Once his ents turned on him from disfigurement, it soured very quickly from there. I'll need to study more though.
    • 8/20/2019: Azami (Ascendril) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Faired a little better this time. Collected some lines and adjusted some curing priorities. Unfortunately, my theory on disabling prerestore doesn't hold up. However, the increased survivability makes me think that I need to just raise the restoration threshold to around 16-20%, otherwise prioritize torso and hypothermia. It'd also help if she'd hit my parry! I'll probably have to make a special parry mode for Ascendril. I'll need to test more.
    • 8/20/2019: Galadriel (Monk) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Close matchup. I prepped him for mid-game several times but we both appear to arrive at mid-game at similar times and a limb class should usually beat out a Luminary. Once my weapon-arm breaks and I lose access to parry, I'm mostly a goner unless I flee or something. I'll have to tweak curing around a little and see if I can sacrifice a limb to keep my weapon arm. I'm skeptical though considering the monk can capitalize on prone and head damage. Torso allows a lot of bleed damage too... I'll need to test more or may need to class lead allowing Luminaries to parry with 1 unbroken arm via shield instead of just weapon arm.
    • 8/21/2019: Jeromy (Ascendril) vs Me (Luminary) Victory
      He didn't appear to hinder me much like Azami did. Although I cannot tell yet if it's due to my curing improvements since my fight with Azami or if perhaps he's not applying as much pressure. His curing unfortunately appears to prioritize the wrong afflictions against a Luminary. Soulburn can be ignored entirely until it transforms into Soulfire. As soulfire, it can still remain a low priority unless you have hellsight without asthma or any affliction that buries asthma (weariness and hypochondria are the only ones we can give). Impatience also needs to drop in priority once it has become buried as the Luminary has entered their mid-game. We can stack impatience far too quickly once we have momentum and it's a losing battle from that point if you continually try to eat Euphoriant/Goldenseal. Escalating Asthma, weariness, Hypochondria and or paresis (depending on if you have tree balance) will increase your survivability significantly in the Luminary mid-game since asthma can only be delivered alongside (Anorexia, stupidity, impatience, vertigo, sensitivity, self-pity, berserking, or migraine.) None of which buries asthma. Because of this, the only effective way a Luminary can give asthma against good curing is by burying asthma behind two afflictions. Anything less and you'll recover herb balance long before we do to stack asthma. We do this largely by distracting you with other afflictions like paralysis (or paresis if you opt to prioritize that), blindness (shouldn't ever really prioritize this), deafness, soulburn/soulfire, lethargy, confusion, any affliction that buries impatience, allergies, and pacifism.
    • 8/21/2019: Zynti (Zealot) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Ahhhhh! Nearly got him. Log is too long to post in color. Changed parry around a little bit and his damage became much more manageable. Nearly truelocked him but he tumbled out and eventually escaped me resetting the fight. I couldn't cure my limbs fast enough by the time he came back and engaged me and I succumbed to immolation behind a broken torso+heatspear+ablaze stack. In hindsight, I should've ran around until my limbs were cured up after I lost track of him and he fully escaped my lock so we were back on an even footing. Good fight all the same!
    • 08/21/2019: Church (Sentinel) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Not sure what happened! Was trucking along and then... Will need to review further.
    • 08/21/2019: Eaku (Templar) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      I fiddled around with some things and then realized that I haven't been touching the TREE tattoo or using RECONSTITUTE during these fights! Ugh. Will have to figure out where I broke this and undo it. (Haha, apparently updating my reconstitute code it didn't like my RandomCures update.)
    havenbanner2
    • 08/22/2019: Justus (Teradrim vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Woo! A darkie fight. Hmm... Didn't fair too well. Once my arm was broken, couldn't really attack back and struggled to recover. I'll need to review more closely to see where my parry and restoration could use more improvements. I think I'll need a special restoration mode against Teradrim. Maybe a higher threshold around 16% to give more breathing room between bruises?
    • 08/22/2019: Justus (Indorani) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Hmm. Not sure what happened here. Needs further review.
    • 08/22/2019: Mazzion (Sciomancer) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Woo! Another darkie! Bah! Epidermal Bandage decayed. Note to self - CHECK before all sect fights.
    • 08/22/2019: Mazzion (Sciomancer) vs me (Luminary) Loss
      Shrekt! I'll have to review this more closely to see where I went wrong. I was entering my mid-game against him but then got ShadowSphered? That accelerated my demise quickly I think.

havenbanner2
    Moxie
    edited August 2019
    Thank you to all the darkies that have come out to play. You've helped me immensely and I hope to continue meeting you on the battle field!
    • 08/23/2019: Haverly (Indorani) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      This was interesting. I melted pretty fast but I think if I opted to shield instead of trying to barrel through multiple wheels I might have been fine. The disrupts from berserking, gremlins, epilepsy were brutal and I probably should have played defensively until I got the sudden affliction burst more under control. My Indorani hidden tracking seems to be okay...though some improvements can be made. I wonder if I should have eaten opiate for slickness once asthma was stuck to force Haverly to reapply slickness and give me an extra round to possibly cure out of asthma with my healing rite or cleanse that came up again. Another part of me also wonders if I should just ignore certain afflictions all together though when up against an Indorani. Asthma->Clumsiness->Epilepsy->Confusion->Weariness and ignore everything else as far as herb priorities? Hmm...will need to think that over more as that seems very risky but could have a good pay-off if my theory is correct.
    • 08/23/2019: Haverly (Indorani) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      The Indorani seem to be very much like the Luminary in how they build their offense. Stick impatience and pad focus afflictions so weariness cannot be cured easily unless they commit to herb curing it. In which case they prep for the paresis->paralysis tick to force asthma getting stuck eventually behind either weariness or clumsiness or both. Hmm...but what if I just straight up ignore paralysis while I have asthma? Do they have an impale to capitalize off that decision? Even if they do, would it hurt enough to really matter? Hmm... Although a better option for them might be to do Aeon and slickness simultaneously to prevent me just straight up ignoring paralysis and slow down my asthma prioritization... I'll have to look at their kit more and test this theory! Anyway, was a fast fight. Got my arsed handed to me. I'll need to reevaluate when I use cleanse against Indorani as it might be a waste using it to cure mental afflictions. I'll just have to suffer through the epilepsy and confusion somehow as a Luminary. Much to theorize and test! I hope for more Indorani fights!
    • 08/25/2019: Lyric (Shaman) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Thank you @Eliadon, @Illidan, and many more in helping me understand how Shaman works. Learning never to eat the same herb twice, ever, has significantly boosted my survivability. Although... I guess it means that it is true that a Shaman can't/shouldn't be able to kill anyone that does that? There might be other options. I don't know enough about the class to really say. I'll have to take the other combatants words for it for now but maybe that needs to be class lead somehow to fix Shaman. Anyway! Hidden recklessness got me in this fight. I could've sworn I had a check for that but apparently not. Haha, good fight all the same.
    • 08/25/2019: Lyric (Shaman) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Ahhh! Reclaim under blackout. I should've anticipated that. Well played Lyric! Well played. I'll need to tweak my offense some and perhaps figure out a different way to kill a Shaman. The mental afflictions resistance is brutal to getting weariness to stick. Maybe if I instead focus on a soulfire+hypochondria+paralysis pad into asthma sticking...hmm. Will need to test more.
    havenbanner2
    Moxie
    • 08/25/2019: Galadriel (Luminary) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Still reviewing.
    • 08/25/2019: Galadriel (Lycan) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Still reviewing.
    • 08/25/2019: Galadriel (Luminary) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Still reviewing.
    • 08/25/2019: Benedicto (Monk) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Lol. Note to self. Make sure System is actually on when you enter sect.
    • 08/25/2019: Benedicto (Monk) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Still reviewing.
    • 08/25/2019: Mazzion (Sciomancer) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Ahhhhh! What a fight. I went all in and locked him but probably should've saved a round to heal myself. This was very enlightening as I never really knew how to handle the shaderot afflictions. I just kind of had them randomly in my cure tree but after evaluating this log I've a theory on when and where to cure these so I'm not hurting so much.
    • 08/25/2019: Mazzion (Sciomancer) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      This was a much, much better fight. I changed around my shaderot curing and lasted so much longer. I also didn't miss as often this fight and I had him on the ropes for the majority of this fight. Ignoring vomiting for too long put me dangerously low in health near the end though and I died. I'm not sure what I could have done better. I am curious about what his resources looked like on his end... Hmm. Nonetheless I think I've all I need from Sciomancers. Thanks so much for the fights @Mazzion! If you do end up reading this, it looks like you're not handling/tracking shine afflictions properly on your end. It's an easy fix though and I think would help immensely in dealing with Luminary. While you are SHADOWED, shine can only give [Disfigurement, dizziness, stiffness, weariness, and ablaze.]. Luminaries no longer have a real salve offense and thus no salve pressure. Use that to your advantage! Whenever shine procs, do all this simultaneously: Smoke for Disfigurement, Apply Mending for Ablaze, QuickDismount+QuickMount for Dizziness check, and Salve Queue Soothing for Stiffness. If nothing is cured/procs from that then by process of elimination, shine gave you weariness. Using this method, at most, there is a delay in checking for dizziness/weariness while you are off balance. So it's a near instant method of discovering what hidden shine gives. This should help you know what to eat whenever shine procs!
    havenbanner2
    edited August 2019
    • 08/26/2019: Zynti (Zealot) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Fighting a Zealot has got to be the most frustrating thing as a Luminary, haha. I'll need to figure out a new strategy...shame we don't have a viable limb route anymore. I'm not so sure going the sensitivity+mentals for the overwhelm will work since he can just opt to leave. Stacking loneliness would take too long too considering he's likely to break an arm or leg and prone me to drop my aff pressure. So much to think about and test! As always, frustrating but a pleasure to fight you Zynti!
    • 08/28/2019: Benedicto (Templar) vs Me (Luminary) Victory
      I got really lucky here. The fight should've been Bene's in truth but for some reason soulfire was really low on his priorities so when epilepsy ticked in my favor, it gave me enough breathing room to recover and truelock him for the victory.
    • 08/28/2019: Benedicto (Templar) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      He fixed his soulfire priority and rekt me. I couldn't apply pressure fast enough and I couldn't figure out why until I realized after the fight that I had swapped shields to overwhelm from the previous fight and never swapped back. So with Kite I was extremely slow! Ahhhhhhh. It's really the little things.
    • 08/28/2019: Benedicto (Templar) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      Good fight. I've noticed some mistakes on my end that should improve my survivability. Seems I was parrying my head despite restoring it too which is redundant. I'd be better served moving my parry away from head and perhaps save me from further bruising pressure. I also noticed my bruising curing could use a little work and maybe I should allow pacifism/peace to stick a little more once he's broken my arms for the hinder. Might give me the breathing room I need to recover. Hmm! Decisions, decisions.
    • 08/28/2019: Justus (Indorani) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      I found a bug in my system reviewing this log... that aside I'm not sure my strategy is working. Looks like she's using Aeon to great effect when asthma gets stuck on me to help secure her lock. I'll have to figure out a way to hinder her more. Indorani disrupts are proving to be quite formidable against Luminary. Hmm! I'll have to create a special curing order for Indorani I think.
    havenbanner2
    MoxieAloli
    I haven't forgotten about this! Just haven't played too much. I'm hoping I'll get some fights in this week (preferably Shadow but I'll take what I can get) and get to resuming this project of mine.
    havenbanner2
    Moxie
    • 10.01.19 - Mazzion (Vampire) vs Me (Luminary) Victory
      A long fight. He hits pretty hard and I nearly died to the raw damage but decided to go for broke. I managed to stick confusion on him and this significantly slowed down his pressure to my health and allowed me to get ahead. I noticed there was a point where I was kind of stuck in a cycle with him after sticking hellsight... I'll have to review to see where I can improve some more but eventually I got a lucky tick that helped me keep hellsight on him and truelock him. Had he cured for confusion instead of trying to cure asthma, it might've been a different ending. Hard to say.
    • 10.01.19 - Mazzion (Vampire) vs Me (Luminary) Loss
      I had him on the ropes for a decent portion of the fight. Looks like his high blindness priority really sets him behind and helps me push forward. I mainly use facesmash to push through berserking+blindness since the balance recovery is short. If people cure blindness pretty high, great for me because it means the priority affs will stick longer. It wasn't until he reset the fight after leaving that I fell behind. I should've pushed confusion higher because his damage just nukes me before long. Will need to review some more. I'm reluctant to prioritize loneliness because it doesn't jive too well with our offense against optimal curing. Too predictable and abusable. I wish it was an affliction the angel gave instead of chasten but that might be too strong of a room lockdown. I need to figure out a way to capitalize and punish those that leave but there really isn't much Luminaries can do once someone escapes.
    havenbanner2
    MoxieAloli