(They were doing that all along)
    EmirRhyotAloliAgothaxlXeniaOonagh
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Who would do such a terrible thing?!

*hides his commodity collection*
    MoxieAgothaxlAloliOonagh
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited June 2019
    Can we get a "How horrible of you!" button? Also... we need a "Sad" button!

(Edit: plz don't do those buttons)
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • RNG... my peeve today is RNG. Clearly i need to pray more to RNGesus...

all i want is to buy the arti-gauntlet. i've had the gold for ages. we've rerolled 6 quotas, and still no gauntlet. the past THREE quotas have been the glyph.

can't we have the artifact ylem wares cycle rather than random? There's only 3! I'd rather have to wait 2 quotas if i missed what i wanted rather than a random amount. Random is not my friend it seems :(

i'm totally fine with amulets being random. as there's a bigger pool of them and we have more than 1 in the shop anyway, and we can get them from other cities.
    Emir
  • @Skiva Check it now. I got u fam
    SkivaKalinaar
  • *quickly logs in to buy gauntlet before she disappears on small roadtrip*

@Fezzix EEEEEEEEE you give me the happy :D this is a great start to the "birthday bender" week <3<3<3

my point still stands about RNG sucking hard...
    Teani
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    MY FORUMS PICTURE CHANGED
    AloliHawaZaila
  • I wish AFFLICTION SHOW entries were complete. Barring that, I wish AB files consistently directly stated relevant information like the actual afflictions delivered by an ability (many don't say), the base balance/equilibrium times, etc.

Alas, both wishes would require pretty significant time investments. Alack and alas!
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
    HavenIazamatDidiAlathesiaDrystinNava
  • I need a sad, mad, frustrated combination emoticon to throw @Tiur. I have morphic metal and 2 ethereal chain links which cost me close to 400 credits. I need just one more link and what shows up on auction the complete Link of the Ethereal. Like what am I to do, no links seem to show up in giftbags or cryptic chest anymore. Buying the complete artifact when I have paid dearly for 3/4 of it in relics is crazy, plus I dont have iron coins anyway. :'(

Sorry for the rant but I swear this game will drive me crazy. :|
  • I think anyone who has any links is holding on them hoping to finish it themselves, so maybe gouge the crap out of them if you win?
    Zaila
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    edited September 2019
    I have 2 ethereal chain link pieces myself and a bunch of morphic metals. I didn't pay nearly as much for the ones I have (one showed up in a promo thing and the other was given to me), but I totally understand the frustration of not having what you want/need show up.

• Ah @Phoenecia our mission is clear, we must kidnap @Tiur and tickle him with falcon talons ... I mean feathers, yes yes feathers *eyeshift* till he concedes to add some links in cryptic chests or giftbags. >:) Seriously though, thanks for your input, something about misery loves company.
    Ansidia
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I swear it's not intentional! I just keep the link as a third string choice, because it kinda goes against desires with Haven changes. And there's always buyers remorse after a divorce. But it's also frequently requested. Weirdly, that means I'm more likely to sell the whole thing than give out pieces.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I think the universe might be saying that @Neoma and @Phoenecia need to put their pieces together and link their havens.
    Drystin
  • My peeve is dropping my hoe upon log out.... That's a good hoe I just bought! I don't see my bucket or my shovel falling out of my inventory!!!!!

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
  • Tiur said:

I swear it's not intentional! I just keep the link as a third string choice, because it kinda goes against desires with Haven changes. And there's always buyers remorse after a divorce. But it's also frequently requested. Weirdly, that means I'm more likely to sell the whole thing than give out pieces.

As far as buyers remorse that is not a viable reason, some people get remorse from buying any artifact. Are you gonna stop selling artifacts in case people get remorse after? Also if you are more likely to sell the whole thing than pieces, where does that leave people like @Phoenecia and myself? Up shit creek without a paddle! And lastly the relic pieces were available and people got them in the past but all of a sudden you cut them off... that is soooo wrong in many ways and unfair! I am not a happy camper.
  • edited September 2019
    I really do wish we'd sell completed relics or even their pieces for a flat credit cost, even if the price was more than you'd pay gambling. I don't like relying on gambling, and some of these relics have become completely impossible to finish or even find the required pieces, despite not being retired (and why are we even retiring relics in the first place?).
    MacavityNeomaDrystinOonaghNava
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I can keep that in mind. I don't really want to introduce another currency, but I can resurrect the relic mold and crucible, and maybe set up a shop with rotating bits. Note, this might take me a bit and I'm super busy already.
  • Tiur said:

I can keep that in mind. I don't really want to introduce another currency, but I can resurrect the relic mold and crucible, and maybe set up a shop with rotating bits. Note, this might take me a bit and I'm super busy already.

I think this is really needed. There are a bunch of people who could use some of the essentials for pvp, but the relic pieces involved are super, super rare if not impossible to get. So, molds and rotating bits would be good.

Right now, some of those are only attainable by prizebags, and those are really bad RNG for the gold.
    NeomaNavaAlexein
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    @Tiur, I could be mistaken but it is possible to change the haven's link once an Aetolian year. So there shouldn't be such a big buyer's remorse with this specific artifact. Another option could even be adding an "Unlink" option to make it easier to separate the havens from each other.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited September 2019
    Some items will always be more desirable, while others rot away in inventory forever/ are immediately traded in. Rotation bits sounds like a good plan to me. Perhaps a trading post, where one can use x undesirable relic pieces to augment the general cost? 

• Ok i was lucky enough to be contacted by someone who sold me the ethereal link i was missing. I sincerely hope @Phoenecia also gets her link. As seen by the previous posts here many are left with partially completed relics and I am sure i was not the only one whom had purchased pieces in hopes of getting more. A rotating bits shop sound like it would help many who are in limbo.
    Fezzix
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I like the crucibles and molds. You melt a couple other pieces, get a new one that is of the set you know you want. Keeps relic numbers low and prevents devaluing them in promotions. To be honest here, I have to keep the promotions buyable, and limited release artifacts are golden.

There actually might be an unlink command, I just recall a hissy fit over it a year or so back that scarred me.
    Aloli
  • edited December 2019
    It shouldn't need said, but Aban (and other admin-controlled characters) should not be showing up to lessers (or other player-based group pvp) for either tether.
    TozAloli
  • Turnabout is fair play. I'm sure there's an ancient undead RP-shell somewhere out there they could dust off to stomp us out with.

I personally thought it was pretty cool and a lot more realistic than NPC #3790109 who prattles on about how "we must preserve Spirit" but does not back up their talk in any way aside from some emotes or a one-off event involvement.
    IazamatRijettaAloli
  • Nah. Let's not. It shouldn't have happened and "pray you get the same attention" doesn't justify it.
    AloliBenedicto
  • Says the player in the tether with blatantly more active gods. I'm sorry, but I just don't feel like you have room to call for axing something interesting just because you lost an admittedly inconsequential conflict mechanism.
    Iazamat
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    If he were killable it'd be rad as hell, I'd love to lock and reave a duamvi
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    IesidStine
  • Iesid said:
    Says the player in the tether with blatantly more active gods. I'm sorry, but I just don't feel like you have room to call for axing something interesting just because you lost an admittedly inconsequential conflict mechanism.
    Our gods don't come to fight our lessers for us. What the absolute fuck is this shit???