Anyone have some tips for Classless players?

I am classless and I am looking for some tips. One specific question that I have is: is it possible to target a player in another room when using either a Bow or a Javelin? 
My apologies if I am asking in the wrong thread.

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    I answered before drinking my coffee. Both of those weapons can be used to target people outside of your room as well. Bows any number of room line of sight, and throw weapons from adjacent.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
  • Accepted Answer
    Oh! You cannot throw at NPCs adjacent. And bows will not work on NPC's either.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    Meihui
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Accepted Answer
    You can wield a weapon and SLASH, HACK, GASH, SLICE things. The balance time will be dependent on the speed of your weapon. The damage you do will be dependent on the damage stat of the weapon and your STR. 

Meihui

Answers

• Thrown weapons can be used in the same room, but bows cannot.
    Meihui
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I am super curious.. why classless? Is it to make a challenge?
    Meihui
  • edited September 2019
    @Tiur I chose Classless because it suits me. After looking through all the classes I decided that I would be best off without any further complications from class abilities. It’s not like many actually truly master their general skills either so it’s still quite the challenge even by themselves. The increased difficulty of the game and the cheaper lesson costs were side benefits at best. After all, as a newbie the game is already more than difficult enough as it is.
  • @Meihui over here unlocking "New Game +"
    RhyotAloli
  • @Mjoll Do you know if you need a class skill in order to make the targeting work? I can throw my javelin in adjacent rooms like ‘throw javelin e’ but when I try to aim at a mobile, from an adjacent room, nothing happens. So do I have to ‘lock on’ to them somehow or is the adjacent room attack a purely P V P move?
  • Meihui said:

@Mjoll Do you know if you need a class skill in order to make the targeting work? I can throw my javelin in adjacent rooms like ‘throw javelin e’ but when I try to aim at a mobile, from an adjacent room, nothing happens. So do I have to ‘lock on’ to them somehow or is the adjacent room attack a purely P V P move?

Most anything involving adjacent is going to be PvP related and not PvE. PvE requires being in the same room as the NPC.
    Meihui
  • insert joke about not being the first without class here
    Meihui
  • Not to be a bummer, but just to manage expectations: Everyone who has tried it before you got bored and quit, or eventually picked up a class. You seem pretty cool so don't make us lose you! Take up Wayfarer or Lycan if you just want to be WILD AND FREE FROM TIES TO ANY GUILD or whatever! If you do get bored I mean. Maybe you'll enjoy playing aetolia hardmode, just all your predecessors in this specific endeavour were suuuuuuuuuuuppppper short lived.
    Meihui
  • @Keroc L.O.L! I did not expect to attract an administrator here with my query but I am glad that you came. Thanks a lot for that skill and for that scroll! Hopefully, the attacking in adjacent rooms for PVE becomes a reality in the future.

@Aishia No need to worry, I don’t see myself getting bored any time soon. Besides, if I really got bored- I would not quit! I would just leave Aetolia alone for a little while before returning. I actually just recently had one of those breaks, as I neglected Aetolia for a few months, but I have returned full of vigor and enthusiasm for round two! 
    P.S- I will definitely consider becoming a Lycan or a Wayfarer if that day ever comes. Thanks for the suggestions. 
    Zaila
  • I love that someone has asked a question, and inspired a whole new skill, and got a style for it. <3 you mods/devs/higher ups
    MeihuiDrystinSeurimas
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I have played 0-lessons-invested-in-only-known-class and just-no-class many times over the years, and for me it's both super fun (cause its fun for me to be bad at EVERYTHING) but also super easy, because I don't really pvp or pve. And when needed, I just newbie kick things to death 90% of the time cause I don't usually have weapons on me even if I'm tritrans. 

So! My only little tidbit of advice is that if you're into RP, being without a guild means you've got to try a bit harder to make connections, but I expect you have that handled - especially if you're in a city. 

Mostly I wanted to say welcome to the classless fold!
    Meihui
  • i too have done classless/guildless. was rogue for a while but ended up enorian in the end. IT's totally do-able and can be just as enriching if you prefer RP over mechanics or PVP. I found rps came to me because there was a lot of people trying to either pitch their org, or intrigue as to what IC reasons there was for me avoiding them. Never had a problem sparking it up
    MeihuiZaila