Short Questions

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Aros said:
    I think I've found every hidden room in Scidve, but I can't seem to find anything that resembles a satyr for the Indyuk quest. Just wondering if it's still in good order...
    It still works. Maybe you just haven't found that hidden area yet? *cough*northnorthwest*cough*

• Do we have an ETA on the rest of the class rp help files?
  • ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    The Luminary, Zealot, Sentinel, and Shapeshifter helps should be released this upcoming week. I have heard from Macavity that the Teradrim information is underworks to review, and I have hear nothing from the other guildmasters.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Imvra said:

The Luminary, Zealot, Sentinel, and Shapeshifter helps should be released this upcoming week. I have heard from Macavity that the Teradrim information is underworks to review, and I have hear nothing from the other guildmasters.

FezzixKalinaarZailaAloliNavaHaven
  • In my defense:

1) Syssin is neutral tethered and hard to write.

2) I'm busy in game and in real life.

3) I forgot.
    KalinaarAloli
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Fezzix said:

In my defense:

1) Syssin is neutral tethered and hard to write.

2) I'm busy in game and in real life.

3) I forgot.

4. The dog ate it.

5. I was abducted by aliens.

6. Artifice.
    AloliNavaMoxie
  • ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal

KalinaarAloliNavaMoxie
  • THE BEST DOGGO
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Such a happy doggo!!!

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Such a happy doggo!!!

• AloliAloli Between Books
    edited August 2019
    In my defense, I drafted something already but had to set it aside because it is hard to write about a "neutral" class. This lead me to realize that I greatly dislike the word "neutral" in Aetolia when we truly do not have a sense of neutrality or the lore for it.

So this got my creative juices flowing and I ended up rewriting it in a way that provided some points for a shadow monk and a spirit monk. Then I got the question stuck in my head: why can't shadow and spirit monk have some kind of flavor or flair to their attacks that denotes the alignment?

Long story short, @Imvra you haven't heard from me because I got caught in my own head! I'll reach out next week for some guidance but I might wait to see what you release for Zealot because I remember the intro having one-liners that day Monks are fists of fury, something mind, and balance of spirit then saying zealots are fire wielding monks.

So I would like to read that first. 
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Fezzix
  • Quick question about gmcp and Cache. How do I access my cache info through gmcp? I'm running Mudlet, the newest version. Would I just do something like, sendGMCP([[IRE.Rift.Request]]) then make like a script to fire off gmcp.IRE and collect all possible data? Or is there a static list like the normal gmcp character stuff I always access?
  • Is Galadriel actually being considered open PK by an entire side for his classes? And will that stand true until he actually drops those classes? I ask because I'm pretty sure this sort of thing has happened in the past and has been debated thoroughly, and everyone, including the administration, agreed that it wasn't something that falls within the scope of Aetolia's PK rules. I'm sure everyone PKing or planning to PK Galadriel has more than enough legitimate reason to (he passes out reasons like candy), but regarding the IC 'crusade' to get him to drop class, is that really a precedent we want to set in Aetolia? I'm thinking a lot of people wouldn't much care for this if the shoe was on the other foot.

And before anyone jumps the gun, I'm more than aware of Galadriel's poor behaviour and attitude both IC and OOC. I simply don't think it's grounds to essentially force someone to give up class.
  • edited August 2019
    Simply put, before I made the post I asked for clarification from the administration, @Iazamat

The precedent being given was to lay out specific rules for when he can be engaged, and specific guidelines for how this can be resolved. Both options have been presented, and its not a free for all to kill a player over and over, its more or less a catalyst to put some RP behind some rather poor character choices.

There is definitely some really good avenues available for character growth/development being presented that seem to be falling short in some oversight of reading only the sparknotes version of a newspost, and not the meat and details therein.

Ultimately, it was my hope it would be an easier solution instead of a more cancerous one.
    I still have hope.
    Iazamat
  • edited August 2019
    Is anyone else having issues with mudlet mapper and Albedos? I can't get it to show the map at all, even after updating. Edit: Looks like some areas aren't having data even populate. For example, Draimlai Pass works but Clawhook range is empty.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Stine said:

Is anyone else having issues with mudlet mapper and Albedos? I can't get it to show the map at all, even after updating. Edit: Looks like some areas aren't having data even populate. For example, Draimlai Pass works but Clawhook range is empty.

They need to be flagged for upload to the server. Let me know if you find areas like this and just drop me a message with the area name. I'll fix Clawhook in the mean time.
    Didi
  • Does anyone have an answer as to why first aid continues to remove priorities. Defences, entirely, all prerestore and other afflictions. I can't tell why or when it's doing it, but it pops up at very inopportune times.

Stine
  • TiurTiur Producer
    We can only see it happening to you! No one is sure what's going on
  • Tiur said:

We can only see it happening to you! No one is sure what's going on

I wish it was, but it is not. Happens to me. I actually wrote a system to bandaid the stuff that gets borked in Firstaid. I have tried to narrow it down, but it seems random when it happens. It will completely clear the defences. I actually bugged it a long time ago bug #11068, in that bug it was specifically for caloric, but it does it to all. On a side note, that specific bug has been active since 1/14/2018.
    AgothaxlStineAros
  • Yeah, this happens all the time. Doesn't matter what system I'm using, or if I'm in Nexus, it will randomly reset all my priorities/defenses/etc - clear it all.
    StineAros
  • Can confirm, resets defenses all the time. I made an alias to input first aid defenses in bulk so that I didn't have to keep typing it out. 
    Zaila
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Okay! It'll be a bit, but we'll need to pair with one of you to see the exact moment it happens, whether that be login or out. It'll take a creepy level of scrutiny, so we'll talk to the person before. The bug is old because we can't reproduce it. It doesn't matter what we do on a test server, it never happens.
    Aloli
  • edited September 2019
    Tiur said:

Okay! It'll be a bit, but we'll need to pair with one of you to see the exact moment it happens, whether that be login or out. It'll take a creepy level of scrutiny, so we'll talk to the person before. The bug is old because we can't reproduce it. It doesn't matter what we do on a test server, it never happens.

I'll admit that it happens while doing things actively in the game. It's not login or logout specific. Especially in Mazz/My case, since we set every time we login anyways.

Edit: How do I know it just does it randomly? Because mass stops randomly auto-applying, usually. Or caloric will not auto-apply. And when I've bothered to check in the past, all my priorities will be gone.
    Aros
  • I always thought it was something in my janky system doing this! It usually happens after death for me (or i only notice after death) when the death is "complicated" (loads of affs rather than damage) thats why i relog so much in between lesser rounds.

Its never happened in the sparring rooms.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Super weird and frustrating! I didn't know it was so common. Usually with a non reproducible bug we assume it's a system doing a janky thing! We will figure it out. And by 'we', I mean our better-than-Tiur coders.
  • @Tiur Speaking of firstaid, it seems I'm having issues with Firstaid defense priorities and it spamming the defensive salve drinking options. I've done this both from my phone log-in and also my computer... it hasn't done this before today, did something change? Or is it a user error on my part? Thanks! :)

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/uQ00vv4l

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Nothing much has changed? Keroc poked firstaid like a month ago, but it wasn't anything big.
  • Already contacted her about it @Tiur - chalk up that particular instance to Sunder attempting to def literally every elixir at the same time because it is a hyperactive little thing.
    Moxie
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    I fixed a potential bug that might be wiping priority sets.

Although, I do want to say, your defence priorities are tied to your cureset. If you make a new cureset you will need to remake your defence priorities again.

Also I've fixed a bug where firstaid didn't check for elixir balance when sipping frost.
    MoxieAloli