Announce post #2992: Market Orders and Provisioning

2»

Comments

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I've got a few ideas here! Most of these stem from their profession or my headcanon of their particular tastes.

Tern (Attica): cotton, one season a year
    Matilda (Attica): Blueberries, one season a year
    Wheat, every season
    Ladnij (Attica): Artichoke, one season a year
    Ixiva (Mitrine): Cranberries, one season a year.
    Brock (Esterport): Zhikta, rarely
    Pepper, one season a year
    strawberry, one season a year
    William (Mournhold): potato, one season a year
    kale, rarely
    Nadmar (Arbothia): hemp, every season
    Terilly (Arbothia): pumpkin, one season a year
    wheat, every other season
    Mauric (Grand Library): yam, one season a year
    parsnip, one season a year
    Tumelo (Grand Library): tomato, one season a year
    Seira (Djeir): grape, one season a year
    Barma (Djeir): corn, one season a year
    barley, one season a year
    Tlachinolli (Enorian): watermelon, one season a year
    onion, one season a year
    asparagus, one season a year

• Hrm, a few ideas:

Aibril (Gilded Rose Inn): Pumpkin, all year
    Ocauh (Saluria): wheat, eggs (sure, this is a vegetable, right?), all year
    Cahin (Saluria): grapes, 1-2 seasons
    Seviel (Arbothia): wheat, all year
    Trunga'angore (Skythrone): tomato, or corn, 1-2 seasons
    Apiatcotsunga (Skythrone): cotton, 1-2 seasons
    Elaheh (Epicurean Academy): All the things, all year. :)
    Darxa (Enorian): Hops, all year
  • Barley and Corn for the Wereravens close to Fengard
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    just checking in, is this system bugged? has anyone else gained skill ranks? I have done 42 peppers and gained like 450 gold or so, and still sit at 7 more lessons to Novice. I know the Pools said it was supposed to be slow, but is it this slow?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    I've been trying to fill orders like crazy, and I did manage to progress by another lesson, and I'm close to completing a private market order. Best I can tell, it IS intended to be this slow, but the fastest way of progressing the skill is going all-in on crops. Higher yield means the more you can fill orders, but it'll come at the expense of producing stuff like crafting comms.
  • Tiur said:
    Oh! And provisioning experience is related to how much gold you make. Since you can't make much at the moment, it's slow. I would like to speed it up, but we're being very careful not to wreck the economy. I would like to increase the value of all vegetables, but that means I'd have to mess with the ingredient markets... might be bad.

@Macavity It is intended. 
  • I'm waiting so hard on more market orders to spawn, I don't want to pluck my cucumbers :(
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I made a mistake and... well... let's just say I almost deleted all marketorders again. I'll be making the fixes today! I'm sorry x_x
    AgothaxlAloli
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    edited August 2019
    I could have sworn there was a market order for peppers too. Maybe I'll wait till all the bugs are squished before replanting the whole farm :(
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • Yeah, I JUST picked some peppers too. There were only like 10 left to fill
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I haven't actually deleted any though!
    KalinaarAloli
    It's autumn, but the market order listing doesn't seem to have changed at all? I need to know what I ought to be planting! >.>
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Sorry! Fixing that now
    Fezzix
    edited August 2019
    I'm joining this conversation a little late.

Duiran has Myda, a faerie reveller (is this misspelled? should it be reveler?): carrots, tomatoes, onions, potato, garlic, and wheat, all-year-round.

This list comes from the ingredients she uses to sell the foods we have at the tavern.
    For future expanded orders, she c/would request venison/meat.

I know I had suggested this earlier but I'm just mentioning it here again so it's not forgotten: I think it would be very helpful if cities, perhaps their Trade Ministers could create provisioning orders for the comms that they need.

Or maybe for anything else? What if the City Leaders can make market provisions for credits for the city?

Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I really like that trademin idea! Plz make mining soon so I can solve my nonstop sigil replacing catastrophe with goals.
    @Aishia I'm setting up the commodity shop to where people -can- sell the sigils and make some gold from the city like it was originally intended. I'm just trying to figure out the silver and gold prices to make that reasonable.

Also, if fruits become a thing farmers can plant, Duiran has Idunna, the Keeper. She would want apples since she lives in an apple grove.
    Kalinaar
    Market orders seem borked again. Hasn't been any orders set for spring. :(
    Macavity
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I swear, I should change my avatar from a flaming happy guy to a hive. I just create bugs :(
    I will get it fixed!
    MoxieDrystinAloli
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Okay, tons of updates put in. I'm still not letting it have full control of itself, but it's working.
    Aloli
  • Tiur said:

I swear, I should change my avatar from a flaming happy guy to a hive. I just create bugs :(
    I will get it fixed!

I mean...why not combine both bugs and your fire. FIRE ANTS

Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Katie
    Just curious, what would happen if or would it be okay if the market orders were a little larger in size for a while to allow more people to learn provisioning?

Right now they seem small and maybe only two or three people get a chance to fill them if they were timing things perfectly. I usually don't have time to stalk the order list and it's not something you can check from anywhere the same way you can with the auction house.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Fair request! I'll tweak the formula a little.
    Aloli
    I also feel like there should be more smaller orders made available since when I checked when orders went up for the season, there was like 3 large orders, 2 medium, and 2 small ones. I'm 1 lesson away from being able to take on two orders at once, but there doesn't seem like there's much volume available. Unless it's meant to be that cutthroat competitive.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    I might just be a simple frmer and living a simple life....

But ya' see here.... These frmin' folks always be getting competitive. What with mah neighbor growing them there trees and all. Then my other neighbor growing everything under the sun. 

At some point, I always hear 'em mutter about how theys frms almost completing a market order and they'll do better next time.

But I dont know nothing. Im just a simple frmer, living a simple life, make a simple livin'.