Announce post #2994: Hunting Grounds - Claw, sword of the Hunt

<pre>8/5/2019 at 6:20
Keroc, the Starborn
Everyone
Hunting Grounds - Claw, sword of the Hunt

Claw, sword of the Hunt now has a new effect, as alluded to in classlead 2646, although it is quite a bit different from the original idea I had.

While wielding the blade, you can now REND SPACE in order to splinter your current location. This will fracture it into two new locations with the same exits, and transport everyone to these two rooms equally by tether.

For example, if you have 8 shadow players and 4 spirit players, then each room will have 4 shadow and 2 spirit. If they're uneven then someone is randomly placed into one of the rooms as an extra. Neutral tether players are scattered among the two rooms at random.

The blade has an eight minute cooldown and stuns everyone for 2.5 seconds (cannot be modified) on transport.

It's a bit whacky, so I'll let it get a bit of use and see how people feel before I will consider it properly part of the game. I may end up removing it if I don't like the consequences of it.

That's all, enjoy!

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 23rd of Arios, in the year 482 MA.</pre>

Comments

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Can I get some clarification on this??

How does it determine tether?? Is it determined by the class that the players are in or is it determined by the city that the players are accounted to??

If its by class, how would that work with people who are Syssin, Monk, Shapeshifter, and Wayfarer? If its by city, how is it going to split the people who are rogues??

Quite personally, I think it would be hilarious to see rogues just torn asunder by a rip in space and time because someone used Claw and they hold no affiliation to a city. But that's just me. Anyway, really curious about those answers!! :)

Kalinaar
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    edited August 2019
    Rhyot said:

Can I get some clarification on this??

How does it determine tether?? Is it determined by the class that the players are in or is it determined by the city that the players are accounted to??

If its by class, how would that work with people who are Syssin, Monk, Shapeshifter, and Wayfarer? If its by city, how is it going to split the people who are rogues??

Quite personally, I think it would be hilarious to see rogues just torn asunder by a rip in space and time because someone used Claw and they hold no affiliation to a city. But that's just me. Anyway, really curious about those answers!! :)

Tethering is based on the last city you were a citizen of. Nothing super crazy.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    What about webs?? 

Will we still hear each other or will we only hear the people in our room??

• EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    I imagine that you will hear everyone, and if people use this then parties will have to adapt
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    @Eliadon is right, you still hear everyone.