LOVE

Comments

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    I uh..

love being the body weight I am comfortable at?

I won't say I'm the ideal shape, or that I'm as fit as I could/can be, but, I'm actually pretty happy with myself. I'm working on stamina, but that's a matter of my disability having dictated my stamina for so long that I sort of neglected it. I went from wheelchair to a walker to two lofstrand crutches, to one of them, and I've used one crutch for perhaps six or eight years, now. I can walk around my house without it - there's never an area where I don't have -something- to grab if I lose my balance - but I'd really like to give it up entirely. There are times when my crutch breaks for some reason or another - my latest one shouldn't, I took it to have all three pieces welded together and the piece that usually breaks off - the elbow cuff - is attached via metal in this set, rather than hardened plastic that I usually had - and I'm forced to move about for a day or so until I can get home to my spare, and it just -kills- me.

My legs go numb and I end up walking around almost like a dippy bird, trying to keep my balance. So, much love for the progress I'm seeing in both my stamina and the strength in my right leg - which has traditionally been a flesh-and-bone kickstand - and the chance sitting on the horizon that I might one day be fully mobile without some sort of tool.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    KerrynSaritaSerriceMarienaNolaAlistairePiperKiyotanAlycena
  • I went to the store today, in a blizzard, ice under my feet, slipping back and forth, cursing every other step about how annoying it was and how hard it was to walk. On my way back home again, I saw this little old, one-legged man in his eighties, in a wheelchair, shoveling snow from the sidewalk outside of his house. When I asked if he needed help, he just smiled and said, "Thank you, but I'll be fine".

My love goes out to that little old man, for showing me that there's no reason to complain about petty things like falling snow or slippery sidewalks, when there are those that are far worse off who do their work with a smile and sparkling eyes.

SeirEdhainAldricOrisaeCamille
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Cracked. After Hours. Mind Blown. >-)
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • I love that there were like 110+ people on last night, and lots of them were active. Lesser fights also seem like they're getting bigger, and Aet is getting more active in general. Makes me very happy.  =D>
    HavenOrisaeAmaraRaecheLiancaIosyne
  • Honestly, it's not even that it's getting more active.. it seems like everyone has been getting more forgiving and agreeable. It's pretty awesome and I'm all excited by this change :)
    NolaAmaraZunRaeche
  • Plotting a trip to Washington, D.C. with four friends next month... so excited!  I haven't been there since a very failed trip in college where the bus dropped us off at 3ish and didn't come back till after 8 while everything closed at 5.  I anticipate that this trip will go much more smoothly. :)

My work day today was not very good when I look at the logistics - came in to a huge mess all over the store that took me an hour to fix up, paperwork was only half-done and strewn all over the place, I had our newbie cashier so I couldn't go get things done while she was here, had to stay up front to teach her, numbers were crap, the truck gave us its weekly challenges... and yet for some reason, I was in such a good mood for nearly all of the day.  Also, newbie made us cupcakes.  She is a keeper. 

Actually decently close to being done with my Christmas shopping... I think!

• I'm so excited I get to go to Vegas this Sunday until Friday and stay at the Paris hotel, all paid for by daddy Navy for an air show convention. This'll be my first time there AND I had a dream last night I won $2,000! Also, My mom and step mom will be here on Tuesday, so when I come back I get to see them and go to our awesome christmas party. Then back to Erie for a week, then to El Centro for three months. I love traveling :)
    DaskalosHaven
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Don't lose all your money. And if you win big, just remember you're becoming my sugar momma! <.<

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Nuh uh! Dibs!
  • I was able to get my bass guitar out of storage today. I've missed you, baby.
    My avatar is not representative of how I or my character look.
    AngweLiancaAmara
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I love that I finally have a relatively slow week this week and next...finally. And hopefully, after about a month, my mother will move into assisted living in Charlotte and I can -finally- get back to my home and get my job back.

• I read the princess and the goblin. And the sequel. I wasn't thrilled with the books, I think I remember the characters drowning at the end of them, but I can't remember because I was... 8? when I read them. Anyone got a movie link?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Picking up an artistic skill that I've managed to ignore for years, until now.

OrisaeNola
  • Maya? I scoff at you from atop my Blender throne.

...Not that I've touched it in ages.
  • ..I totally wish I had any idea how to work either of them. Damn my complete and utter lack of artistic ability.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • edited December 2012
    Lin making Moirean there? ack ack ack. I love Maya, it's my baby.

Edit: Also, eww. I see triangles and ngons!! Kill it! Kill it with fire!
  • POINTY BEWBS.

..That may or may not be the first thing I noticed 
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Daskalos said:
    Don't lose all your money. And if you win big, just remember you're becoming my sugar momma! <.<
    Because -you-, of all people, need a sugar momma.
    /stare
    Daskalos
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Don't stare at me! I might!

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• I LOVE how fast the banhammer's been crashing down on stupidity on these new forums.

Not a single thread threatened to be closed. Just stupid people banned. As it always should have been.

<3
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    DaskalosOrisaeNolaKiyotanArenAngwe
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Aww, I missed forum drama? Lame.
    Saybre said:
    Lin making Moirean there? ack ack ack. I love Maya, it's my baby.

Edit: Also, eww. I see triangles and ngons!! Kill it! Kill it with fire!
    I don't even know what an n-gon is!
    Arbre
  • Faces with more than 4 points. i.e. 5 or more. Makes it ewwwieee for rendering, texturing, animating...everything.
  • HELP INVCAT

...so. Much. Freaking. Love.
    DashaKiyotanRaeche
  • Who has two thumbs and just got approved for three consecutive pay raises?

<------this guy!

LinCamilleElwynAmaraKiyotanLiancaArbreAngwe
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Now you have five thumbs!
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Xavin
  • I was gonna make that joke...
    Kiyotan
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Vacation from today til the 13th! It's looking like it's going to be a fun week.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • Playing Final Fantasy V for the first time in ages. O be still, my nostalgic heart!
    LinDamonicus
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    200 pounds even (90kg). That's a full 50 (22kg) gone, and 2/3rds (66%) of my goal.
    AlistaireNolaLiancaDaskalosXavinOrisaeKonnornAngwe
  • Dark Souls 2 take away my flu.

(if you're looking for me, I've got the flu--I'll be back as soon as I die and/or recover from it)