The Good, the Bad, the Ugly: Promotions

Comments

• TiurTiur Producer
    Custom shield tattoos coming up! I hate the veil.

So February's promotion was a success! I know you guys don't often hear that sort of thing, but everyone should know Aetolia's doing great.

The only problem... I have no idea WHY February worked. It was kinda 'new' and used different mechanics than normal. Anyone mind sharing what they liked/hated?
  • February was my favorite promotion, mainly because I felt like I was actually getting my money's worth especially after january's promotion which soured my perception of rolling the dice. Comparatively, I spent the same amount of money in both January and February and February I got almost tripled my investment. So definitely a yay for better odds!

Another thing I liked about February's promotion was how interactive it was! I liked shooting people and didn't mind the tedium of it. It also made me happy that people were being benefited by me playing Aetolian cupid.

Only thing I could suggest is opening the stores earlier! I felt like they were opened too late into the promotion so we had to field some questions on 'what is this heart of darkness for??".

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
    KalinaarTeaniAloli
  • Tiur said:
    Custom shield tattoos coming up! I hate the veil. So February's promotion was a success! I know you guys don't often hear that sort of thing, but everyone should know Aetolia's doing great. The only problem... I have no idea WHY February worked. It was kinda 'new' and used different mechanics than normal. Anyone mind sharing what they liked/hated?
    Oh I can answer that at least from my point of view. Maybe some others can chime in and give their 2 cents. 

I don't like gambling where I could end up with just a mess of minipets, chocolates and consumables. I'm not big on taking a gamble in the first place. This promo wasn't much of a gamble. I would have been very happy if I had gotten the wormhole lv2 arti but I got a massive amount of credits from the purses for much cheaper than I would have gotten from a credit sale. It was a win win that allowed me to get some very useful artifacts. 
    TozEmirTeaniAloli
  • I hate having to do extra steps to get my credits/prize from a promo. When I opened my bag and got my big payout, I was happy with what I won. If I open a bag and get:
    - Chocolates
    - Relic pieces
    - Racetrack tickets
    - Minipets
    - Flairs
    - Etc.

...Now I have to go find a buyer in a rapidly saturating market, or hold onto the items to vend later when scarcity shows up. I don't want them, I want artifacts/credits, and while I realize that it's impractical to exclusively give those out, I DO think you guys will find a lot more people buy when the payout is a lot more concrete. Especially with chocolates not having a tradein value and decaying anywhere.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

StineEmirStathanMoxieKalinaarMjollLeanaAloliRijetta
  • The buy in of IRE Muds is stupid high. When you run promo's that have a chance at all of giving me less than what I pay for, or make me work to gain the value of what I paid for (selling those items, like Toz said), I'm very much less inclined to participate in the promo because of this. February looked like a great promo, and if I hadn't just bought a truck and paid off most of my debt, I definitely would have participated.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    StathanIazamatTozMjollOonaghLeanaJustus
  • Tiur said:

Also, the chests always only contain the most recent relics. I'm not positive why we do that.

Curious to know if this means that I have no chance to get things like the Starchart or Hunter's Tools or whatever else aren't considered 'recent'? At least, I'm assuming they're not recent.

Sorry if there's somewhere else I could post this, but I'm considering buying chests, and I'm just straight not gonna if the relics I want won't be in there.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Neither of those are currently in it. I'll consider changing it on the refresh around the 15th!
    CorlinAloliKalinaar
  • Tiur said:

Neither of those are currently in it. I'll consider changing it on the refresh around the 15th!

Okay! Thanks for letting me know :)

It'd be pretty cool if there were a way to look up which items are available in these sort of lootbox promos - not weights or anything, but a list of possibilities. At least then, those of us with a wishlist will know if and when it's better to hold on to our cash and when to dump as much as we can spare at the opportunity to knock an item or two off the list.

I have a budget for monthly entertainment spending, and I'm glad to give most of it to whatever promo is running, but especially so if I know I'll have the chance at things I consider worth the investment.
    AloliKalinaar
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Actually, I am just a terrible person. We DO have a list that is kept updated, except when I forget like I just did. I'll try to get that updated today!

HELP CRYPTIC CHESTS does say what's inside, but I stupidly forgot to update it this month.
    AloliCorlinKalinaar
  • TiurTiur Producer
    There we go, updated. I'll fix it on the refresh too, and I apologize for the mistake!
    AloliKalinaar
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Chests are never as good as I want them to be when they don't contain salvage. :( As much as I want to dream of getting a house deed or some such, I think I'll probably wait for the refresh.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    Justus
  • You also dislike chest! I never get anything I want out of them. 
  • I would love to see more promos with predictable salvage included like in October of 2018 where every 100 credits comes with a piece of salvage. Just my two sovereigns!
    StineRhyotAloliIesidJustusJhinOonaghNavaBelgarion
  • Something with Salvage like Kalinaar said above or terrariums. Terrariums seem fun and will promote minipet usage - and could even result in salvage rewards too from the terrarium minipet games. We've got an overage of minipets from all of the recent chest promotions! 
    Rhyot
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    Zynti said:

We've got an overage of minipets from all of the recent chest promotions! 

How can you say that?!
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Kalinaar
  • Aloli said:

Zynti said:

We've got an overage of minipets from all of the recent chest promotions! 

How can you say that?!
    I'm BIASED. I've gotten a good amount of chests and I'm loaded with minipets.
    Aloli
  • Some items I would seriously love to see show up in promotions....

-relic pieces for building the hunter's tools
    -relic pieces for building the compass-inlaid ilmenite bracer
    -salvage!
    -Veils! (and more types of these too please!)
    -Artifacts. I want to be like Mazzion one day (bet he doesn't hear that every day! bahahaha!)

I'm Kalinaar and I approve this message.
    AloliNava
  • edited August 2019
    I think items that allow you to customize your characters are super cool! However I feel like some of them have stagnated. If something like new voxes were to be released, that would be incredible. 

Edit: like the above comment said, more veils, flairs, phylacteries, pretty please!
    Kalinaar
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Veils I kind of hate.

I will look at more of the other stuff tho!
    AloliAmisiNava
  • @Tiur honestly veils are cool but flairs and phylacteries pretty please!
    Kalinaar
  • We like veils! Especially those of us that don't have one yet! lol
    Aloli
  • I liked that diminishing discount promo from a few years back. Salvage is always popular, too.
    Aloli
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I'll admit, when you see me add salvage, it's because I am out of ideas. It's popular. The problem is that it's expensive!
    Aloli
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    What about more of the Talisman of Sapience? I love that it works with the Compendium in some environments.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    TeaniKalinaar
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Will we be seeing an artifact auction anytime soon??

Jhin
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I am working on it!
    KalinaarJhinAloli
  • edited August 2019
    Which promotions had the almond/cherry/white/fudge chocolates with them? I want to say the Wheel of Fates was able to spit out the rarer four chocolates, but I'm not sure. Either way, can we please have them in the Wheel chocolate boxes? And in milestone wares?
  • I asked for the rarer chocolates in milestone wares when the system first came out and they said they intentionally chose not to include them @Fezzix
    FezzixAloliBenedicto
  • I'm not sure what I expected exactly, going into a loot box promo, but getting 1 piece of salvage from it all after spending this much money is pretty upsetting.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    CzciennOonaghDrystinIesid
  • The amount of chocolates given out in this promotion is pretty ridiculous. Flooding the game with them also lowered their value immensely, because everyone has them, so now everyone is bashing, because there is a decay time on them, meaning you're fighting people for bashing areas. The relic pieces were phylactery only?? With this many chocolates, what would have been the harm in tossing out some chocolate bag pieces? Since there's already a focus on PvE (chocolates, styles) why not some hunter relic pieces? I'm flooded with a million copies of the same scrolls and I have more iterators than I know what to do with.

All I wanted was salvage. All I got was a fat troll who now has diabetes, but has cool flavor messages I guess when I'm spending the next RL month trying to get my moneys worth out of the 80 chocolates I still have sitting in my inventory.

I am really upset with this promotion.
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."