Short Questions

Comments

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    mushroom_sigil?
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    You can now interact with them as mushroomsigil!
    BenedictoAloli
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    Lim said:

Ask @Rhyot, he's the patron saint of bashing. 

he also accepts payment in hugs
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Rhyot
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    @Vyxsis I swear to god... you need to stop spreading your lies!!!

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Rhyot said:

@Vyxsis I swear to god... you need to stop spreading your lies!!!

Yeah Vyxsis. Everyone knows it's BEARHUGs, not HUGs, that Rhyot takes payment in

Hi.

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    I hate all of you.

Aloli
  • LimLim
    edited May 2019
    Yeah you got to hug what he calls his 'big hairy bear of chaos'.  :o  :open_mouth:
  • Last I heard he was gonna rip off Cardie's arms and feed them to Tcanna mons if he hugged him... He's quite a rhyot that one.

• VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    Tsy said:

Last I heard he was gonna rip off Cardie's arms and feed them to Tcanna mons if he hugged him... He's quite a rhyot that one.

yes, he's quite zsadistic
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Zaila
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    did u try 2.mushroom @Benedicto
    Aloli
  • So how long exactly have the admin hated fun?
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    IazamatDidi
  • Hi. It's me again, the guy with the Teradrim questions.

With the upcoming classRP help files, are there any plans to make the Pillars accessible to non-guilded Teradrim? Though none of our messages make mention of them (sadly), they are woven intrinsically into the class lore. It'd be a real shame if the guild, of which is currently on life support, remains the only means of ingress to the Pillars.
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    Quick question,

When you use one of the lycan hoods, is there somewhere you can see a list of the hoods you've unlocked or are they one-time-use and will be replaced once you use a different one or grow a pelt?
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Swara
  • They're the one-and-done type of item. It doesn't unlock them to be re-used later.
    Aloli
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    Ah, thank you!
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • Hi, anyone know if the ethereal chain link relics are still available in cryptic chest? Don't want to spend money in false hopes. ;)
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Wait... You mean to tell me cryptics arent already full of false hopes??

DidiOonaghNeoma
  • Hah touché.
  • Anyone else want to weigh in, maybe an admin type. B)
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    @Iazamat Teradrim aren't the only organization in game that can get to the Pillars. Whether the admin want to expand it beyond that is up to them, I guess?
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Neoma said:

Hi, anyone know if the ethereal chain link relics are still available in cryptic chest? Don't want to spend money in false hopes. ;)

The current HELP CRYPTIC CHESTS is accurate, except for the minipets, which I'll change tomorrow when the full set is out!
    Neoma
  • I forgot, but is there a command that shows history of emotes in a session? I'm sometimes confined to a phone so I lag out or I get blasted with tells or death spam and miss out on what was said. Thanks for the help!

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I'm 99.5% sure the answer to this is: No. (but if I'm wrong, I'd be massively excited to be informed)

THAT SAID - if you use the webclient on phone, you can have have the webclient's GUI set up so that you have the "communication" window something you can slide right/left to and it'll catch all emotes and says in the room with you. It will miss any premotes and thinks, though. And if you lag out, they'll still be there on log back in as long as you don't restart your browser/open a new webpage between them.
    Moxie
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    There is GLOBALS for worldwide event kinds of emotes, but I don't know of any command like it for a room only.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    There's no player facing tracking of that sort of thing. It would be a bit weird.. I suppose we could do a really complicated local version that tracked who was there and cleared when people left? It would be intensive and tough work, so it'd be an artifact.
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    In a similar vein, is there any player-usable CMDS .. command? To be able to see the last 10-20 things we entered? I've run across a lot of times that I really wish I could see what I had last sent through.

Probably the most common time I wish it existed is when I get D/C'd from webclient or something and I can't see if my last tell/say/whatever I tried went through. Or if for some reason the client isn't echoing my commands and I want to see if I typoed or the syntax was just wrong, etc.
  • Hi, new player returning. A lot has changed. My question concerns the new MILESTONES feature.

Are the daily and by association weekly and also by association monthly milestones impossible to complete? I'll give examples.

Yesterday was play 3 games of Triptchya. I don't even know what that is. Fortunately I know how to use the HELP verb. Oh, it required another player. That's probably not happening.

Today it is fully extract 4 minor foci. I also don't even know what those are. HELP FOCI refers to leylines, which according to the academy requires gold and PvP?

My weekly is Complete 4 daily milestones. 2/7 so far have not been able to be completed. My monthly is complete 3 weekly milestones (of which one didn't count?) While I love the idea of milestones and they played into my decision to attempt to settle here, right now I'm feeling horribly misguided.
  • edited July 2019
    Hi, Tatianna!

Triptycha does require another player, but thankfully, there are plenty of those around. Some of them may even have rolled the same daily milestone task and be looking for someone to play against too. You can try using the MARKET channel to ask if anyone's keen to play.

Foci are a conflict/PvP system, yes. But while extracting from a minor foci might flag you as PKable, this very rarely happens. Minor foci collapse shortly after extraction begins (I'm talking ten seconds or so), and that's not enough time to rally, def up, locate you, travel to you, and attack you. Further, minor foci only contain a small amount of ylem (the resource we're supposed to be fighting over), so it's not really worth anyone's time to hunt you down.

So, while it is part of a PvP mechanic, you're unlikely to actually see any combat. And if someone does show up, you can just run! Worst case scenario, you die and lose some xp. But in my experience, PvP only really happens in minor foci when it's two seasoned combatants looking for an excuse to fight each other.

While it may be beneficial to approach the milestone system with an attitude of broadening your gameplay horizons and learning new things, there's also a command (MILESTONE REROLL DAILY) that lets you try your luck for a new task for a fee of 2000 gold.

tl;dr: None of them are impossible! Just less fun or more fun depending on your personal play style preferences.

P.S. Welcome back to Aetolia!
    AnteheTatiannaIesidAloli
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited July 2019
    Nava said:

So, while it is part of a PvP mechanic, you're unlikely to actually see any combat. And if someone does show up, you can just run! Worst case scenario, you die and lose some xp.

Not so! The moment you enter a 5 room radius of a tapped Minor Focus (including being at the center, tapping it yourself), you gain an aura of ylem. Any death while bearing it results in a 0 exp loss! All you'd lose is time if you die while minor hunting.

Editing to add: This aura is also applied to Lesser and Major foci, which are much bigger group combat venues. So you can jump in, help as you can, with no physical loss (beyond curatives burnt through Firstaid/your system) for trying.

Hi.

TeaniNava
  • I think I've found every hidden room in Scidve, but I can't seem to find anything that resembles a satyr for the Indyuk quest. Just wondering if it's still in good order...