The Carnifex "Cure" a Duamvi

Set up: Akimoto, a Duamvi, rejoined the Carnifex which sent the Keep's "Top People" to exploring possibilities for extraction or eradication. After discovering that the symbiote did not have a physical presence, some smart knights suggested utilizing the Master Soulstone -

We join our heroes some days after the first failed attempt...

You say, "Alright, this is our last ditch effort."

Akimoto says, "I am ready."

You say, "Enorian has found a way to remove the parasite."

Rijetta asks, "Do you think they just ask nicely?"

Louse arrives from the south.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, Louse squares his shoulders and crisply salutes his fellow soldiers.

Straightening into rigid, militant attention, you square your shoulders and crisply salute your fellow soldiers.

You say, "Carry on."

A shadowy training yard.
A four-legged beast from hell stands here. There are 5 tall, gaunt Nazetu knights here. A withered houndswood tree is rooted here, wrapped in leather padding to serve as a crude practice pell. Suspended mid-air, an immense, multi-faceted soulstone is here, pulsating blue motes skittering beneath its surface. There are 5 swarthy Goblin knights here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A black rhinoceros is here, pawing at the ground. Alathesia is here. Rijetta is here. She wields a jewel-encrusted buckler in her left hand and a blackened, runed staff in her right. She is orbited by an eye sigil, an eye sigil, and an eye sigil. Louse is here. Kanivara is here, shrouded. She is riding on a three-headed direwolf. She wields a massive halberd in her hands. Diancecht is here. Akimoto is here. A murky darkness has settled in here.
You see exits leading north (open pine door), northeast (open pine door), east, south, southwest, west (open pine door), northwest, and up (closed pine door).

Akimoto says, "Swara and Melantha already breathing down my neck wanting to -save- this annoying leech."

You nod your head at Akimoto.

You say, "Like I told Morrog, \we\ get to try first."

The corners of Akimoto's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Akimoto says, "There is no trying."

You say, "Kanivara and I had a thought."

Akimoto says, "There is only doing."

You say to Akimoto, "Strip down."

Akimoto peers at you suspiciously.

Alathesia waggles her eyebrows comically.

Rijetta exclaims, "That was an order, Reaper!"

You ask Akimoto, "What, are you shy?"

Akimoto shakes his head.

Akimoto removes a monk's heavyweight gray wool burnoose.

Akimoto says, "All of it?"

Confirming, you say, "All of it."

Louse is a grinning, wide-eyed member of the crowd. He's unable to keep his feet still, shifting his weight from side to side like he's being jostled by some unseen force.

Rijetta peers at Louse suspiciously.

Kanivara politely averts her eyes while Akimoto strips.

Rijetta taps her foot with mild impatience.

Mjoll intones over the courtyard, "Carnifex, prepare your soulstones. We're going to work once the Reaper is ready."

A swirling mass of void-black darkness gathers in the space before Diancecht. Reaching forth, he casually withdraws a pulsing soulstone from the void, which closes up rapidly behind his fingertips.

A swirling mass of void-black darkness gathers in the space before you. Reaching forth, you casually withdraw your soulstone, returning it to your possession.

A swirling mass of void-black darkness gathers in the space before Rijetta. Reaching forth, she casually withdraws a pulsing soulstone from the void, which closes up rapidly behind her fingertips.

Kanivara doublechecks to make sure a pulsing soulstone is in hand.

Alathesia's soulstone reforms and appears in her hands.

Akimoto starts to wield a pulsing soulstone in his left hand.

Her commanding voice echoing around the Shadow Keep Mjoll shouts, "Reaper, you will brace yourself against the Master Soulstone. The rest of you will then turn your efforts on pulling Akimoto's soul clean out of his body. The aim is to remove his whole damned soul, so don't stop until it's done." her head cants to the side, "If anyone calls halt or cowers back this time I'll kill you."

In one swift motion, Akimoto quickly removes all of his clothes.

Taking a breath, Akimoto turns and lays his back against an immense, multi-faceted soulstone, eliciting a shiver of anticipation as his bare skin makes contact with its surface.

You say, "Carnifex! Siphon!"

There is a moment of hushed silence and stillness before Akimoto suddenly gasps and seems alert. An immense, multi-faceted soulstone begins to swirl with ghostly light as his body is pulled firmly against it in one sudden motion, now bound into place.

Akimoto begins to groan and squirm under his magical binds as the duamvi within senses its peril, the battle for its life now being put through its paces. A cold chill spreads from an immense, multi-faceted soulstone and forms a slight mist that hangs in the air, the next step now thrust upon its masters.

Closing his eyes as he leans into the deep, ravenous hunger that fuels him, Diancecht extends an arm through the air and siphons away some of Akimoto's soul, draining life and colour from his face.
Light glows within Akimoto's breast, casting outlines beneath his sternum and splintering down through his limbs, echoing in the blood vessels in his gaping mouth as he screams in agony.

Closing her eyes as she leans into the deep, ravenous hunger that fuels her, Rijetta extends an arm through the air and siphons away some of Akimoto's soul, draining life and colour from his face.

Closing your eyes as you summon that deep, ravenous hunger that fuels you, you extend an arm through the air and siphon away some of Akimoto's soul, draining life and colour from his face.
Light glows within Akimoto's breast, casting outlines beneath his sternum and splintering down through his limbs, echoing in the blood vessels in his gaping mouth as he screams in agony.

Closing her eyes as she leans into the deep, ravenous hunger that fuels her, Alathesia extends an arm through the air and siphons away some of Akimoto's soul, draining life and colour from his face.

Closing her eyes as she leans into the deep, ravenous hunger that fuels her, Kanivara extends an arm through the air and siphons away some of Akimoto's soul, draining life and colour from his face.

Closing her eyes as she leans into the deep, ravenous hunger that fuels her, Xenia extends an arm through the air and siphons away some of Akimoto's soul, draining life and colour from his face.

Closing her eyes as she leans into the deep, ravenous hunger that fuels her, Rijetta extends an arm through the air and siphons away some of Akimoto's soul, draining life and colour from his face.

Closing his eyes as he leans into the deep, ravenous hunger that fuels him, Diancecht extends an arm through the air and siphons away some of Akimoto's soul, draining life and colour from his face.

Closing your eyes as you summon that deep, ravenous hunger that fuels you, you extend an arm through the air and siphon away some of Akimoto's soul, draining life and colour from his face.

Closing her eyes as she leans into the deep, ravenous hunger that fuels her, Kanivara extends an arm through the air and siphons away some of Akimoto's soul, draining life and colour from his face.
A dimlight rises within Akimoto's throat as his body goes slack, symbiote detaching and traveling through the path of least resistance. Akimoto's heavy breath are as contractions birthing it back into the world, birthing it into its death as it rises, exposed and vulnerable in this dark place.

Like a falling leaf, the symbiote hovers for a moment, then spirals down towards the soulstone as it fades into a strange outline, caught between planes and beings. Upon contact, an immense, multi-faceted soulstone glows, the symbiote twitching in last moments of torment as the stone shreds it into nothingness, consuming what remains of its energy.

Akimoto seems barely able to stand, even more evident as he quickly crumples to the ground. He takes one last, struggling gasp and then turns to ash.
Akimoto's senses slip through the grave as his symbiote is consumed, soul once more his own.

Xenia nods her head emphatically.

Alathesia demands, "Is it.. is it DEAD?!"

You see Xenia raise her voice and shout, "Begone parasite."

You say, "DEAD."

Kanivara says, "... yeah, I'm pretty sure it's dead."

You see Rijetta raise her voice and shout, "Strength! In! SLAUGHTER!!"

You see Alathesia raise her voice and shout, "Duamvi zero, Carnifex one!"

Alathesia smirks at you.

You laugh melodically at Alathesia.

Rasani has brought down the grace of Ethne, the Rekindled upon the Divine Order of Ethne, the Rekindled.

Alathesia says, "She mad."

Alathesia gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

You say, "Be ready for an incursion."

Xenia says, "Doubtful."

Kanivara says, "Probably going to get--- yeah that."
Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
RijettaRhyotXenia

Comments

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    And then nothing happened. Enorian must be really passive about their symbiotes. Shame. Lol

Benedicto
  • Rhyot said:

And then nothing happened. Enorian must be really passive about their symbiotes. Shame. Lol

I wanted to storm the keep but go outvoted. (I know, ME seeking pk? the scandal!)
    Mjoll
  • I will publicly float my idea that the Carnifex Keep in the mountains should be Ciem 2.0 where guilds can challenge the Carnifex to try and raid it. Carnifex get X amount of things to put up as obstacles, like an aegis but with more diverse effects to combo or try, and the raiders only get a certain amount of lives.

Otherwise there's just a big axe in the ground to stare at!
    XeniaOonaghAloli
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    But it's such a PRETTY axe.
    MjollXenia
  • According to the admins, all guildhalls should be capable of being infiltrated if you kill a door guard or figure out the syntax for entry. Is the Keep an exception since it's outside a city?
  • You know, I'm not sure. I have memories of people breaking into the guildhall, but unsure if by portals and wormholes or if they legitimately found a way to enter.

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I tried to do it recently and it told me I couldn't under the watchful eyes of the guard. Unfortunately, there were other Bloodloch guards there and so getting in was practically impossible short of raiding!
  • there are two guildhalls. One is inside Bloodloch, but the other in the Terea mountains is well outside of reach of any city guards! I'm talking about the latter here, as this guildhall was the one the ritual took place in.

Benedicto
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Fezzix said:

According to the admins, all guildhalls should be capable of being infiltrated if you kill a door guard or figure out the syntax for entry. Is the Keep an exception since it's outside a city?

If the Keep is currently an exception there are plans within the Guild currently being worked on to solve that oversight and make it fun and engaging for all involved. So, it won't be for long.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    XeniaKalinaar