New Forums

Hey folks!

New forums are here. We will be moving stuff from the old forums to the Aetolia website so that you will still have access to those archives. 

We have a couple reasons for the change. One, we like these forums better. Two, the IPB forums were trying to significantly increase the amount they wanted to charge us. Three, the IPB forums constantly had problems. 

We will probably be making some minor adjustments to these over the next few weeks. So feel free to post your thoughts/comments.

Thanks!

Comments

• Am I correct in saying that for the most part, as long as the game is running the forums will be too?

N-no more bandwidth limit exceeded messages for a few days straight? 

Brb, erecting shrine to Varian in closet.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • VarianVarian Administrator
    Yeah, no more bandwidth messages. The game could actually be down and the forums will still be up. The games are down so rarely now, that I am not really worries about that.
  • So..how much did you guys have to pay Zuckerberg for the forums? :P

It looks..interesting, though I did giggle with the little achievement badges we get for things. Very fun.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I don't like that there isn't (or if there is, I'm blind and haven't found it) a button that shows unread topics.
  • You can click Recent Discussions, and it bolds unread topics. (After you've signed in.)
    Azrael
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Consider me surprised! These boards are sexy.
    Haven
    What's the difference between like and agree?
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Iiii like them!

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    I'm already more pleased with these forums than I am with the other IRE forums, directly after the switch at least.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Arbre said:
    What's the difference between like and agree?
    You don't necessarily have to like something to agree with it. Or it could simply be the degree in which you approve of something. Take your pick! >:D<

Also: Love the Yahoo! Messenger emoticon port to the forums. Oh the nostalgia.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Xarian
  • ~:>

This Emoticon sold me to the forums, I'm not going to lie.
  • I desperately need a "Mark all as read" for recent discussions!
    ArbreHaydyn
  • The only mark as read buttons I have found are on the home page, if you scroll over a category a little gray widget wheel will appear and if you mouse over that button it will give the option to mark as read but only handles that one forum category
    It'd like to see the posts and signatures be a bit more distinguished from one another.  A bar or something?  I dunno.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    There already is a bar. It's just dark and not easily distinguishable from the background.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Azrael
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    I'm also noticing a distinct lack of language filter on this forum. I approve. 
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • I'm personally loving the lack of a limit on likes/etc. 
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    KiyotanOrisaeTsvanni
  • I opted with getting rid of signatures all together, keeps the threads cleaner in my opinion - granted some of the gifs posted are funny, some of them are just getting too big and makes mobile browsing a pain.
  • Azrael said:
    I opted with getting rid of signatures all together, keeps the threads cleaner in my opinion - granted some of the gifs posted are funny, some of them are just getting too big and makes mobile browsing a pain.
    There should be a mobile version skin that doesn't have signatures enabled in it, at least mine didn't seem to.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I'm hoping we get options for plain skins. I love browsing the forums when I should be doing other things, and different colors are easier to disguise if someone walks by.
    Orisae
    Super popular posts have a really hard to read color scheme, that might need some tweaking.
    Arbre
  • Missing forums chat though. But I am not disliking this so far.

HavenOrisae
  • Removing signatures makes these forums a billion times more tolerable.

DashaAzraelSaritaJasmyn
  • I was a bit hesitant at first since I'm so used to invision forums, but I guess I'm finally sold on these. Invision ones do a lot of weird and unnecessary things; nice to see that these seem more slimmed down.

AND SO WEB 2.0 IT HURTS
    My avatar is not representative of how I or my character look.
  • Where is the search function? Argh.
    Haven
    Would it be possible to change the appearance of the page number that tells you which page you're currently on?

This: «123»

Making the current page bold or a different color or something would be vastly helpful. I also noticed a few subtle CSS tweaks here and there and I want to say that whoever's in charge did a good job, certain annoying elements are not much easier to read!
  • Is there some form of 'last post read' in a thread? That'd be swell.
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Lin said:
    Would it be possible to change the appearance of the page number that tells you which page you're currently on?

This: «123»

Making the current page bold or a different color or something would be vastly helpful. I also noticed a few subtle CSS tweaks here and there and I want to say that whoever's in charge did a good job, certain annoying elements are not much easier to read!
    Done.

I've also upped the char limit to 50k per post. Should be able to post RP logs and the like without much trouble now.
    HavenAldricLinArbre
  • Razmael said:
    Done.

I've also upped the char limit to 50k per post. Should be able to post RP logs and the like without much trouble now.
    Any chance the 1 hour editing window could be removed perhaps? We didn't have trouble with this on the old forums, plus it leaves the ability open to have threads that keep certain things updated on the OP.
    KerrynDaskalosArbreSarita
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Aldric said:
    Razmael said:
    Done.

Any chance the 1 hour editing window could be removed perhaps? We didn't have trouble with this on the old forums, plus it leaves the ability open to have threads that keep certain things updated on the OP.
    Done.
    HavenAldricSaritaPiper