Mage Revamp Lies. LIES.

Comments

• Learning that the class is still going to be passive-y has me kinda bummed. One of the more unfun things about mages is how your active offense feels like it's just playing support for your passive offense. Bit late into the rework to beg you to not do that again but I hope I'm just assuming it's worse than it what it actually is.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    Teani
  • A frog is curious:

Any Updates?
    SatomiTekiasEmirShachalaiEliadon
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Oh, hmm... Let me put a thing together and discuss what we're doing. We reached out to one of the original designers for a little help.

Ascendril are fine, btw. We just don't want to do one without the other.
    OonaghTekiasShachalaiEliadon
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Tiur said:

Where's my 'booooo' reaction button? :neutral:
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• edited April 2018
    Tiur said:

Oh, hmm... Let me put a thing together and discuss what we're doing. We reached out to one of the original designers for a little help.

Is that because you wish to release both in one event, Boss?

I mean, at this point I would be down for no event at all. And would not feel bad or jealous if @Eliadon gets his toys before me, if Ascendril is ready to lock and load.

But I guess, the guildsmen and guildswomen would like their special event.
  • edited April 2018
    Oh for the sake of God @Tekias do you just like to read everything I write in a very negative way in your mind's eye? Which side of the above post is Abuse?

I am saying it might be better to roll Ascendril first rather then making it wait on behalf of Sciomancer, albeit in a convoluted and joking way.

And it is no mystery that guilds like to have their own events which will change their skills and stuff. After all they will not get new skillsets by divining on bones and weird shapes on crop fields.
    OonaghTeaniXavin
  • Shaking a bag full of pheasant bones, Oonagh is here divining the future of the Ascendril

A humble frog should not be shamed for his bone divining methods.

TekiasAedenKalakTeaniVyxsis
  • I'd rather they were released at once. I'd be mini-triggered if I had the Enchantment mercantile while also having Enchantment as a Sciomancer.

It would only bother me a teensy bit. Teensy.

• TiurTiur Producer
    MOST LIKELY the order will go Sciomancers, then Ascendril. The actual mechanisms are hotly debated between short events, then new skills, or research abilities.

Noone wants to not have skills while the rping is going on, I understand.
    Tekias
  • edited April 2018
    Depends on the story you have in mind really. You could always start the event with the Ascendril and then shift attention to Sciomancers towards the end of the arc when it is complete. While it may risk dragging things out for Sciomancers, it would bring something to the table for Ascendril nonetheless.

But it is a development choice after all, Boss. I respect that.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    The problem with that kind of release, when one class is not completed, and both classes are connected to similar skillset, is that there is an overlap that might cause severe imbalance. Both Ascendril and Sciomancer have Enchantments as their tertiary skillset.

If either of the Mage guilds get their revamp without Enchantments being immediately moved to a Mercantile skill, that side of the game might lack reliable sources of enchantment refills until this is fixed. With one class not finished, there might be issues down the line that delay the next release.

Releasing Ascendril, and making Enchantments a Mercantile skill could solve this issue. However, since the Sciomancer class is not yet finished, there is no telling how long the Sciomancers will essentially remain with one redundant skillset. I believe it is best if the Admin know the exact time line before they start this up, so that things don't become too imbalanced.

KalakTekiasSarita
  • Teani said:

Releasing Ascendril, and making Enchantments a Mercantile skill could solve this issue. However, since the Sciomancer class is not yet finished, there is no telling how long the Sciomancers will essentially remain with one redundant skillset. I believe it is best if the Admin know the exact time line before they start this up, so that things don't become too imbalanced.

Enchantments would be a Mercantile skillset for everyone. So Sciomancers would be left with 2 skillsets for awhile. That would stimulate the economy and make Enchantments a viable mercantile option considering how helpful its products are.

The only obstacle is that if Sciomancer players will find it unfair or not. I would not mind that personally, despite I am someone who plays this class exclusively. I just have a desire to see the continuous progress on this front and sooner the mercantile things get sorted, the better.
  • Considering I trans'd Apothecary and Enchantments 'specifically' because the admins said that if you're trans in both, they'd consider/probably allow you to swap to Enchantment... I'd have that evil, evil redundancy to taunt me. TAUNTING ME! NOO!

But that's just my opinion. I hate redundancy. I can't tell you how long I was in a semi-constant state of 'triggered' because Cabalist and Indo shared 2 sets of skills. Hell, I refused to pick up Praenomen specifically because Bloodborn and Praenomen had 2 of the same skills. (I actually picked up Cabbie when I heard they were getting a revamp, so it didn't bug me 'too' much.)

But I'm just one person... who has very specific irritations. Regardless of the admin choice, I'll support it, cause Scio Revamp! Woo!

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Another issue with releasing the two classes at different times, without knowing the other will follow very shortly, would be the possibility of combat imbalance. Since both are being released, and Admin seems set on a specific order that works Lore-wise, I doubt they have balanced new Ascendril against current Sciomancer.

Also, lore is quite important for the storyline of the game. It makes me happy that they are considering these things for release event rather than just tossing out new skills. 

SatomiTekias
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Satomi said:

Considering I trans'd Apothecary and Enchantments 'specifically' because the admins said that if you're trans in both, they'd consider/probably allow you to swap to Enchantment... I'd have that evil, evil redundancy to taunt me. TAUNTING ME! NOO!

But that's just my opinion. I hate redundancy. I can't tell you how long I was in a semi-constant state of 'triggered' because Cabalist and Indo shared 2 sets of skills. Hell, I refused to pick up Praenomen specifically because Bloodborn and Praenomen had 2 of the same skills. (I actually picked up Cabbie when I heard they were getting a revamp, so it didn't bug me 'too' much.)

But I'm just one person... who has very specific irritations. Regardless of the admin choice, I'll support it, cause Scio Revamp! Woo!

Most of the point of this is to remove shared skillsets. I hate them too. While Arcanism/Sorcery aren't the most DIFFERENT skillsets in the world, they're different enough to justify their names. Imagine, in 10 years, people won't think of Ascendril/Sciomancer as a the same class reflected across tether.
    TeaniSatomiTekias
  • ElliotElliot Australia
    Tiur said:

Most of the point of this is to remove shared skillsets. I hate them too.

Just a reminder of the great potential to give zealot its own skillsets

VyxsisTekiasOonagh
  • Elliot said:

Tiur said:

Most of the point of this is to remove shared skillsets. I hate them too.

Just a reminder of the great potential to give zealot its own skillsets

i'm on board

#GiveZealotsDynamite2k18
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Tekias
  • TiurTiur Producer
    And here I was just thinking fire benders.
    EowynElliotShachalaiJami
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    Tiur said:

YES PLEASE
    ElliotJami
  • Tiur said:

fire benders? weak

make them Bursters and we can talk
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• ElliotElliot Australia
    no i wanna be a fire bender can we have an agni kai skill please @Tiur
  • Secret Reveal: Monk gets revamp, not Zealot.

KelliaraElliotVyxsisXenia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee

Eowyn
  • Satomi said:

Secret Reveal: Monk gets revamp, not Zealot.

i can hear yeras screaming

ElliotSatomi
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Satomi said:

Secret Reveal: Monk gets revamp, not Zealot.

How am I supposed to be evil if everyone keeps figuring me out before I get there? :(
    OonaghSatomi
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal

OonaghZailaSatomiXenia
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Antehe said:

@Mazzion in his youth.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

EowynSatomi
  • @Tiur We're just connected by the minipets :3

• EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Tiur said:

Did anything ever come of this that you can share? D;
    Oonagh
  • @Eliadon have you not seen the pve thread? Clearly the mage revamp just happened this morning...

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz