Title suggestions!

RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
edited April 2018 in Idea Box

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2829
Date: 4/5/2018 at 0:24
To : Everyone
Subj: Titles!

Many of you may have noticed the changes to the HONOURS command output the last few days. These
changes weren't random, but were part of an exciting new system of highlighting your achievements
upon your honours: Titles!

TITLES
======
Titles are sometimes included as part of fame, which you can receive from certain quests,
organizations or events.

Syntax: TITLES SELECT [gender]
==========================================
This command will allow you to select a title, which will show under your HONORS like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ceraen, the Dire
<<< Pancake Master >>>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General:
He is 374 years old.
etc...

The title in question will show up in a different color depending on how rare it is. There are four
stages of rarity: Common(white), Rare(Cyan), Epic(Yellow) and Unique(Magenta). The brackets
surrounding the title will not show if you have config screenreader turned on.

If you do not want to use any title, simply select NONE. The gender is optional, and by default will
pick your character's current gender. You can pick any gender, but it will only work for those
titles which have variants.

Syntax: TITLES LIST
====================
Use this command to list any titles you may have available to select.

Note that many fame lines do not have titles attached to them yet. We've set up a forum thread for
you all to post suggestions on titles that you'd like to see attached to existing fame lines here,
or edits/improvements to existing titles here: http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/2819/title-
suggestions/

City leaders! We left the task of deciding what title your Academy's fame should confer. Please send
a message to Tiur or Razmael to organize that.

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 25th of Midsummer, in the year 472 MA.

Comments

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    He shattered the monstrous entity brought forth from the Sciomancer Master Crystal. - Crystal Slayer/Crystal Defender
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• edited April 2018
    I'd like more mundane titles so even newbies can wear them and not feel left out.
    'Citizen of (city)' EDIT: Anyone who reaches CR2
    'Military Rank' EDIT: Like your current city military rank
    'Elder of (city)' EDIT: Anyone who reaches max CR
    'Alumni of (city)' for doing the academy.

These too:

Swept up in true love, she eloped with Vyxsis at the Lover's Carnival of 464. -- True Romantic

Maybe something for this:
    She has mastered the challenges of Mandre's tower.

Zaila
  • edited April 2018
    I'd be happy with "Pretty Bug" as a title option!

But seriously, you can probably have some basic titles from transing a class, like for Syssin, you could have like 'Infiltrator', Teradrim could have 'Earth Warden', Carnifex could have 'Soul Master' or 'Savage'. Stuff like that.

They'd be common titles, obviously. Along with racial titles, Standard or Endgame races.

Congregations/Orders/Standard Quest Honors Lines could give you Rare titles

One-time/yearly events could give you Epic titles, or special events like the cook-off thing.

@Rhyot's Chaos Lord thing would be a Unique Title qualifier, for sure. Things that are likely given only to one person during a great event or to mark a major achievement in Aetolia's History.

Those are some ideas that come to mind, very general, but hopefully worth expanding on.

(Edit) Should probably read the entire first post before I go on a typing rant.. but I've not slept in forever so I'll leave it!

• edited April 2018
    Faction Related: Max Rank

Gulleyes - Old Salt
    Epicurean Academy - Line Cook -or- Chef de Epicurean (Also potential Epicurean winner one)
    Siroccian Geological Society - Botanist
    Demonsbane - Slayer of Demons
    Aztob - Indoron Loyalist

Other potential ones:
    Academy Completion - Learned
    Slayer of all collosal Eld varieties - Eld Slayer
    Stormcaller Research Society - Researcher

Guild/City/Military Max Ranks as listed above!

Racial -

Grook - Descendent of Ulangi
    Rajamalan - of the Salurian Pride
    Horkval - One of the Hive
    Human - Sapience Native
    Mhun - Child of the Mhunna
    Arqeshi - Purified of Corruption
    Nazetu - Bathed in Corruption
    Ogre - of Dunnite Ancestry
    Troll - Strength of the Northlands
    Orc - of the Ancient Tribes
    Imp - Mischief Maker
    Atavian - on Wings of Fate
    Grecht - of the Soaring Plateau
    Kelki - of the Great Sea
    Tsol'aa - Last of the Aalen
    Xoran - Traveler of the Sands
    Dwarf - Forged of Earth

ZailaSatomiShachalai
  • I want a title for being old!

OofaZaila
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Leana said:

I want a title for being old!

Centennial (Wo)Man
    Bicentennial (Wo)Man
    Tricentennial (Wo)Man
    etc

Hi.

• Tekias said:

Leana said:

I want a title for being old!

Centennial (Wo)Man Old as Dirt
    Bicentennial (Wo)Man Older than Dirt
    Tricentennial (Wo)Man Dirt's Grandma/pa
    etc
    i'm helping. :3c

maybe something for being/having been guildmaster that would be unique for each guild. for example, former Indorani gms are all part of 'the unholy circle' - maybe something else for the title, but maybe you get what i mean? people who've somehow gm'd more than one guild (give the bbz a shot jeez) could choose which they like best.

perhaps something for characters who have been citizens of every city? probably somewhat common, but perhaps of RP interest for some folks.

def echoing request for order-related titles, including unique ones for leadership roles as applicable.

something Explorers related? like for current/former #1s and worldwalkers?

perhaps certain kinds of quasi-official player orgs could be given the option of buying titles? like, for instance, family clans over a certain size could buy a custom-ish title (e.g. "Patriarch of Carnivalis") for 100cr or something, which they then grant to the clan head or all people at a certain position/rank. not sure how to implement that without it becoming madness, but maybe someone less sleep-deprived will have an idea.

something for Sect participation and achievement... although the latter may need to wait until the Sect rating system is less hilariously broken.

etc.

i'll come back later with some ideas for the actual verbiage... maybe. probably. perhaps.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Just to clarify, since there seems to be a bit of confusion. Titles are explicitly attached to the fame lines that show under the Fame section of your honours. System doesn't presently support titles for anything else (though can certainly be expanded in the future!).

What we were looking for suggestions on was titles to add to the fame lines that currently don't have one.
    Tekias said:

He shattered the monstrous entity brought forth from the Sciomancer Master Crystal. - Crystal Slayer/Crystal Defender

Done.
  • ElliotElliot Australia
    He is an honorary Indyuk warrior - Indyuk Warrior (plain but suitable)

He is an associate of the Stormcaller Research Society - Ankyrean Scavenger (or just Scavenger)

He has survived the questioning of Herolt, the Decipherer - Esoteric Erudite

He has slain the colossal eld - Eldsmasher, Eldwrecker, Eldbane, Eldlord (make it a tiered title that scales with
    how many colossal eld lines you have)

He has done his part frighting off the crows - Scarecrow Sage

He has solved his puzzle cube - Cubesolver (or The Envy of Elliot for alliteration)

He has slain the empowered form of Marcello Relovec - Arbothian Assailant

The mournhold one i can't remember - Delver of the Depths

He has climbed Mandre's Tower - Riddle Wrecker

He has tasted all 31 Attican Dishes - Creosote

• In no particular order and with total lack of selfish reasoning:
    Doomsayer tribute ruined - Why We Have Nice Things/Doomsayer's Doom
    Collosal Elds - Gateway Crasher
    Mandre's Tower - Riddle Wrecker is great, a++
    Belmith Scornhead - Double Tapper/Memory of the Forgotten?/Salvation of the Forgotten (more like salve-ation huehue)
    Luzith the Forgotten - Lord/Lady of the Flies?
    Chaos-empowered Tolonar - Vampire Hunter
    Baelak Shipbreaker - Shipbuilder/Delosian Avenger
    Helba slave event - Breaker of Chains
    Grufin Stonehand - Army of One (you had to fight past troops for demo war system to even fight him)
    Nega-Iosyne - Shadow Touched
    Foolishly opened the Abyss - Reckless/Abyss Slayer
    Summoned Gruxmal - Soulsmith (we forged armor out of soulstone/corpses)

Storyteller contest winner - Storyteller

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    could you just make it so yo ucan use whatever your current explorer rank is? haha
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    edited April 2018
    Some of the suggestions people have been making are for fame lines that already have titles attached. Here are some of them, using my honors.

vday2018 Mender of Hearts
    bloomsurvivor Bloom Survivor
    grumgesh_death Trollsbane
    teradrim_bond Yes Earthbound
    indyuk Indyuk Warrior
    cragscavenge Research Associate
    ciem_defender Defender of Ciem
    marcello Arbothia Restorer
    chapelsalvation Saviour

Edit: I can't make those words separate like the game table for some reasons. I suck at forums. Sorry.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Out of curiosity, what determines rarity? Cause I was totally expecting my idea to be shot down since only 4 or so of us have that honors line, and only one of them was ever Scio >.>

Hi.

• CeraenCeraen Funky TownImmortal
    Tekias said:

Out of curiosity, what determines rarity? Cause I was totally expecting my idea to be shot down since only 4 or so of us have that honors line, and only one of them was ever Scio >.>

It's a manual process. Unique is reserved for really special honors that are given to only one player. Epic is for insane mobs, quests or events. Rare would be things like colossal eld, less insane mobs or honors a handful of people have already. Common is everything else. It's really up to the celani creating the title. For example the Legendary Game Hunter title has increasing rarities for season 1 and season 2.

Fairly likely that we missed a few of those, so let us know if you notice titles that should be more common or rarer. We'll certainly consider it!
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    edited April 2018
    Just a few suggestions for what honors lines I've been able to find. Dunno if any of them have specific titles to them yet.

Member of the Artisanal fellowship: Illustrator
    Member of the Bardic fellowship: Wordweaver

Slight ego trip here, since I won this one:
    Winning the ice sculpture contest of 470 MA: Master Sculptor

Member of the Resistance against Drakkenmont: Freedom Fighter

Denied the Doomsayer's glory, rending his blood-thirsty tribute asunder: Doom Buster
    Thriving in the face of destruction, helped research the brew that ended the Bloom: Assistant Researcher
    Survived the questioning of Herolt, the decipherer: Quizmaster
    Frightening off the crows: Crowbane
    Entered the Shattered Vortex and slain a mighty amalgamation of corpses: Slayer of the legion
    Brought rest to the anguished spirits of the Bloodwood: Ghost Whisperer
    Found a golden ticket during the Year 300 Carnival: Golden Boy/Girl

Killing any one of the colossal eld could give a single title: Titan killer
    Slain the colossal flame eld
    Slain the colossal shadow eld
    Slain the colossal tornado eld
    Slain the colossal rock eld
    Slain the colossal tidal eld

I don't know if anyone still has these, but for the few that do: Dragonslayer
    Slain the White Dragon, Verioth.
    Slain the Phantom Dragon, Quoloth.
    Slain the Green Dragon, Iraneth.

Served as a Speaker of the Heartwood: Speaker of the Heartwood

These ones could all give a singular title: Guardian of Dendara. Or there could be separate titles for each one.
    Fought in the battle against Valakris, the Bellower.
    Stood vigil over Dendara and bound Kaarn once more.
    Fought in the battle against Alshek, the Sky-Darkener.

Delved the forgotten caverns under Mournhold and emerged with mind intact: Iron willed
    Delving deep below Mournhold, confronted and killed Migyar's child: Prophecy Breaker

Elected to the ruling council of a city: Politician

Once served as champion of a Divine Order: Divine Champion
    Served with aplomb as the Cardinal of a Divinity: God Touched

Marshal with the Demonsbane:
    Marshal of the Demonsbane
    Marked as a Guardian of the Augerweald: Guardian of the Augerweald

Slain Belmith Scornhead:
    Slain Luzith, the Forgotten:
    Slew the chaos-empowered Tolonar, Prince of the Dun Valley:
    Repelled the massive eld swarm that dwells within the Iernian Fracture:
    Killed Zsarachnor, the Vampire Lord: Vampire Slayer
    Slain Vukub Ysin'zhu, the Ogre Baron: Ogre Slayer
    Defeated Llazuth, Demon Spider Queen: The Exterminator

Aided in the banishment of Ati, the Shadow before It attained a physical form: Banisher of Shadows
    Aided in the destruction of Ati, the Shadow: Destroyer of Shadows

EDIT: Looking at the titles I have, Legendary Game Hunter season 1 doesn't have an associated title yet, so for gamehunter1 I'd suggest Big Game Hunter/Huntress.

Phoenecia said:

EDIT: Looking at the titles I have, Legendary Game Hunter season 1 doesn't have an associated title yet, so for gamehunter1 I'd suggest Big Game Hunter/Huntress.

Are you sure? There's definitively titles attached to them. It's named gamehunter and the second season is gamehunter2.

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Ceraen said:

Phoenecia said:

Are you sure? There's definitively titles attached to them. It's named gamehunter and the second season is gamehunter2.

Yup. I have both seasons of the gamehunter in my honors, but only season 2 in my titles.

vday2018 Mender of Hearts
    y470sculpture Yes Sculptor
    ascendrilentity Crystal Defender
    bloomsurvivor Bloom Survivor
    gamehunter2 Legendary Game Hunter / Legendary Game Huntres
    marcello Arbothia Restorer
    boneminstrels Conductor / Conductress
    puzzle_solved Puzzlemaster
    indyuk Indyuk Warrior

She has been recognized as a Legendary Game Hunter for two seasons.
  • edited April 2018
    "She attended the last cigar of Maghak, the Sovereign." - Stormlord/lady

Edit: Maybe just Stormlord. Stormlady sounds not-quite-right for some reason.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • Kelliara said:

"She attended the last cigar of Maghak, the Sovereign." - Stormlord/lady

Edit: Maybe just Stormlord. Stormlady sounds not-quite-right for some reason.

Stormbound

Teani
    In regards to the coloring/rarity, are we able to make suggestions for that too? The one that I picked is showing up as common, but I think only four people have it, for instance.
    Sarita said:

In regards to the coloring/rarity, are we able to make suggestions for that too? The one that I picked is showing up as common, but I think only four people have it, for instance.

Sure, sometimes we just forget to adjust the rarity so it'll show up as common by default.
  • EvalyneEvalyne A Coffin
    edited April 2018
    Relatedly, it would be nice to have the fame stuff seperate from honours proper, like how Imperian has HONORS and then QUESTHONORS (usually just shortened to QHONORS). Some people's honours are like a freaking mile long.

Also would be nice if you could config off the <<< >>> brackets, I can see those giving some systems an aunerism and I find them kinda obnoxious looking personally.
    Zaila
    Razmael said:

Sarita said:

Sure, sometimes we just forget to adjust the rarity so it'll show up as common by default.
    I don't know about everyone's events, but the teradrim_bond was from an event with just a few people. I think it would probably be epic, based on Ceraen's description.
    Evalyne said:

Relatedly, it would be nice to have the fame stuff seperate from honours proper, like how Imperian has HONORS and then QUESTHONORS (usually just shortened to QHONORS). Some people's honours are like a freaking mile long.

Also would be nice if you could config off the <<< >>> brackets, I can see those giving some systems an aunerism and I find them kinda obnoxious looking personally.

Not sure if we'll add a config for the <<< >>> display anytime soon as the CONFIG listing is already getting cluttered without adding new configs for every minor thing like that.

To compromise though, I threw together a quick trigger you can put into Mudlet to get rid of them:

Pattern, perl regex: ^(\s*)<<<(.*)>>>(\s*)$

Script:
    selectString(matches[3],1)
    r,g,b = getFgColor()
    selectCurrentLine()
    deleteLine()
    setFgColor(r,g,b)
    echo("\n"..matches[2].." "..matches[3].." "..matches[4])
    edited April 2018
    @Phoenecia So it seems I misunderstood how that quest and its honors works. You can only get gamehunter2 if you have gamehunter, since it's not a matter of "season 1 and season 2" but the number of seasons of the quest you've done. It removes gamehunter when giving you gamehunter2.

P.S. the second season has a higher rarity set.

@Sarita Changed it.
    Sarita
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Ceraen said:

Epic is for insane mobs, quests or events. Rare would be things like colossal eld, less insane mobs or honors a handful of people have already.

Similar to @Sarita with the teradrim_bond, only a handful of us were there for the 'end the Crystal event' boss mob fight. I'd like to think that would qualify for Epic rather than Rare, but again...this is entirely a selfish request I didn't think would even be humored.

Hi.

• Would it be possible to add a fame line for those who have completed the best quest in the game, the quest for the mighty PANDA stance?

Then give them the title of 'DRUNKEN MASTER'. All caps because they're shouting.

I'm using 'Capturer of Hearts' which isn't exactly rare but it's pretty much impossible to get unless the event returns. It feels rare but it's a regular white color. Same with the golden ticket.

• "She aided Talon Reneshfi in a lightning raid on the prisons of Moghedu." - Raider
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • edited April 2018
    "She regaled a tale of wonder in the Storytelling Contest of 470 MA."

First, a quibble with phrasing - 'regaled' isn't intransitive. It takes an object. As phrased, this currently reads like I'm regaling the tale of wonder itself with an unstated indirect object. This is grammatically strange.

Intransitive solutions: replace 'regaled' with 'told'.
    Transitive solutions: 'She regaled the audience with...'

(The intransitive fix seems better to me, but it's your call.)

...anyway I think "Taleweaver" would be a neat title to be associated with this fame line.

(I'd suggest other ones, so as not to be self-centered, but other folks hit the big ones already.)
    TeaniZaila

• He bent earth and air to his will to close an alien rift in the town of Mournhold. - The Last Magi (or The First and Last of the Magi)

Explanation
    The reason I was able to do this when no one else could, was that I was a Magi before, and of the people at that time, no one else had ever held all 4 elements as a Magi. I have roleplayed since then that I exhausted my last tether to the two planes that I still managed to hold from my years as a Magi. As it is a unique title, held only by myself, I was hoping to infuse in it my oft held title, First Magi, as I was, the first guilded Magi, and the first secretary, and then first Guildmaster, with the Last of the Magi.