Aloli

Hello,

I don't post much and I've been nervous about asking this but I'm also wondering how do you feel about your RP with Aloli? I've tried to RP her as real as I could, with serious growing pains. I've been trying to find the time to finish writing her backstory, which I'll do as soon as I can...15 minutes here and there doesn't give much time to writing.

I love criticism or RP tips.
Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
VashLeanaKalinaarLuas

Comments

• AloliAloli Between Books
    Bumping because...not everyone I interact with is too scared to say something!
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • We had not long interactions, but through encounters so far I really enjoyed the way you used Shaman stuff and nature themes within your emotes. Looking forward to more sessions when/if possible, definitely.
    Aloli
    The one time I had her wield the Shama's quarterstaff she met you. She's very much a monk but this was fun. Their interactions are cute and I had a giggle fit around you and @Daishin. You guys are hilarious!
  • DaishinDaishin Bristol, UK
    Unfortunately Daish hasn't much interaction with Aloli (something I intend to rectify!) but i've genuinely enjoyed the ones we have had and am really looking forward to future ones. Keep it up!
    Aloli
  • I.....absolutely adore Kallah and Aloli's interactions. The sisterly bond that they have been able to build from day one has been beyond compare to practically anyone else. Their silly antics from the girl's night to the deathly clam chowder fiasco has always always brightened my mood and made it all the more intriguing to wonder, dear god what is this girl going to do to me next that will both be entertaining and horrifying while still on the scale of having the best of fun. Aloli has been there for Kalls through quite a good chunk and I only hope to continue to return the favor as their friendship grows. The things they have been through, the people they have gotten walked over by, among many other similarities could make them sisters if not twins. Yet they triumph and move forward and I have never once found it difficult to RP with her, nor has Kalls and above all, I love her kind spirit and the true genuineness that comes from her very core. I'm glad they are friends, I'm glad we are friends, never change <3
    Aloli
  • Though our interactions have been brief and relatively passing, I've found Aloli to be believable and consistent; I'm definitely looking forward to the next time we cross paths in 'Loch! Good characterization comes not necessarily from big, hours-long scenes; even small things can lend credence and substance to a character, and that's how I feel Aloli has been through our interactions.
    My avatar is not representative of how I or my character look.
    Aloli
    @kallah I still laugh so hard when I remember @clearwater's wedding.
  • I'm never around long to enough to really RP with folks sadly, but Aloli is always a delight in passing and you're a very helpful player too. :heart:
    Aloli
    @Oofa thank you :smile:

I look forward to more interactions with Oofa too.
    I've been trying to interact a little more outside of my small circle, let me know your thoughts? Any cool RP?
  • Well if it wasn't for Aloli a certain surly Troll would have very hastily left the Sentaari soon after waking from a long hibernation. I get a serious thrill out of Aloli's reactions to Kalinaar such as when she finds out he's been sleeping on her scrolls. She's a great mentor in and out of character and puts a lot of herself into everything she does.
    AloliAlexsandor
    @Kalinaar thank you! I am always dying laughing when we get together and roleplay or even when we're figuring stuff out and training.

Thanks for sticking around and helping with the writing!
    Kalinaar
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Abby! Aloli is so patient with all of Zaila's pestering and prodding, and you put up with the constant pushing of Aloli was out of her conversational comfort zone without coming across too rigid or too open that I am usually chuckling or giggling any time we interact. I hope its not over the top for you because it is just so much fun. Keep being awesome! 
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    After a couple interactions and one hell of an interview, Stathan is pretty much sold on returning to the Sentaari as being the right choice. Much funs with the RP.
    Aloli
    edited December 2018
    @stathan That really was a fun student interview! I actually look forward to the next. I loved how quickly I turned his example around on him and got to see an honest reaction.

But, I swear to God, if we end up with a zoo in the monastery, he'll be doing laps and pushups for...forever!
    ZailaStathanLuasKalinaar
  • Aloli has this very unique power to make Aisei feel an intern in Devil Wears Prada, even though Aloli is endlessly patient and kind. She inspires others to do and be their best and adopt values that they wouldn't normally. She leads by example in the most powerful way.

I haven't had much RP with her that wasn't work-related, though, so I can't speak much to that end.
    StathanAloliAlexsandor
    Oh my goodness... @Aisei ... That's both very sweet and kind of scary! :open_mouth:

I haven't seen that movie but I know how we dump work on interns in my department (at work) because we only get them during summer time... I'm sorry!

I'll try to pull her into less work-related RP because she's a sweetheart and I love her vibrant energy and creativity!
    Iatan
  • edited November 2018
    Oh gosh, no! Since you haven't seen it, I'll tell you -- what I meant was the very large disparity between what Aisei (an intern) can do and what Aloli has accomplished, and how far one would have to go to be anywhere near Aloli-level awesomeness! Not in the poo-on-your-intern kind of way, not at all! I was hoping "even though Aloli is endlessly patient and kind" would take care of that. Perhaps I should have picked a different movie! :smiley:

And the non-work-related RP is great! It really shows Aloli's big heart and airy sense of humor :heart: which is a great addition to her obvious generosity for others.
    StathanAloli
  • Haha, yeah, you get on Aloli's bad side and you're screwed. I kinda see her as a really nice mafia boss, everybody loves her and her enemies fear her. Iatan's in for a wild ride.
    -The Axeslinger
    Alexsandor
    @Aisei Thank you for explaining! That makes much more sense and... just out of the box, I love everything you've done with Aisei. You're an excellent writer too, thank you for the fun <3
    A couple of people have asked and some have made cute chibi's and sketches of Aloli but here's one that @Teol made a long time ago.

KalinaarPazradymBenedictoLuasStathanAlexsandor
    edited January 2019
    Sitting on the Duiran bridge is a favorite place to have good philosophical discussions lately! And now that we have Yero's statue back, it's become the gathering place again!

@Konnorn ...you completely surprised me with this cute gift. Thank you!
    Who says you can't watch bad blood flow under a bridge like bad water? And thank you for the incredibly sweet, random, and healing RP!

I still wish that dirty fist-fight scar was more visible but, this is very nice of you!

PazradymStathanKalinaar
  • edited January 2019
    I actually missed the very accurate symbolism of this picture, about water under the bridge, heh. I'm just glad we are back to talking and get to rp again. Looking forward to more fun in the future!

Edit: I also just saw Teol's picture above mine and realized how similar they are. Aloli really likes to read at the bridge, huh? :P

Aloli
  • I will say Arista was always a bit indifferent toward Aloli. We'd rarely interact, and yes her sass is a lot to blame, as well as Aloli always being incredibly busy. I think today among a few other things brought a new respect toward Aloli. Between working with the Sentinels, and the council I can see Aloli is very dedicated to what she does, and Arista recognizes and respects Aloli for that.

I know that things may be rocky and Arista does rock the boat a bit more, but I will say oocly as I did ICly, Duiran is lucky to have her for all the hard work she does. I know it doesn't always show but I am very glad for the small things we have achieved. In a way Arista does look to Aloli for guidance without speaking or asking, the temperance and patience she has with anyone has really helped her find a more confident stride as a Speaker. I have you, Aloli and Ayanala to thank for that.
    KalinaarAloliAlexsandor
    @Arista
    This is so nice of you to say! Thank you :)
    Arista
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Benedicto has great respect for Aloli. They are leaders in their own right, but very different people for the most part, with very different perspectives ultimately, trying to be good rolemodels and effective GM's. I deeply enjoy their relationship and the communication that's shared between them when they need advice on different matters.
    AloliAlexsandor
    @Benedicto has always been someone Aloli highly respected and looked up to.

A long time ago, she first came looking for him when she read about him being an Abbot (reading past news files is so interesting sometimes!). Her intentions were to interview him so she can learn more about the monastery at the time and what made him a respected leader - but what she found took her completely by surprise and she was drinking up even the smallest things he told her! Later on, the reasons that sent her to him again taught her even more.

I completely enjoy their relationship now and how it has evolved, even though they are different people, their communications when asking for advice are the little blessings that recharge her.

Looking forward to more and hopefully, I can get the nasty bugs out of my hair and my system so I can fight better with him, but school takes precedence.

This was really nice of you, thank you! You're an excellent writer and roleplayer! Don't ever change.
    LuasBenedictoKalinaarAristaAlexsandor
  • Oh, my! Where do I begin?

I'll say this: I think the friendship formed between Aloli and Iesid would never have come to be if they hadn't started with the animosity we can both recall as players. Those two were at one another's throats, and it taught Iesid a valuable lesson on his road to becoming an effective guildmaster and leader.

From their first meeting as leaders (with the snipping and potshots), all the way to their most recent discussion on the education Aloli is trying to instill as Abbess, I can't think of a time that I didn't think was at least splendid roleplay/storytelling, and for that I'm very thankful. It helps that you, as a player, have the degree of separation to also recognize that - you have always come off as a very laidback player whose interest is in seeing their character grow!

I believe that Duiran is probably better off with these two having resolved their differences, as it allowed them to establish a partnership that always seems to reveal its impact at opportune times.

Overall, don't let any situation in this game deter you from being the type of player you are, as you and Aloli are wonderful! As Iesid has said before, what makes somebody unique or makes them, well, them? That's something that should be cherished. :smile:

AlexsandorKalinaarAloliStathan
    edited February 2019
    You're right on all accounts, @Iesid.

This was really nice of you to write, thank you! And thanks for the fun, heartfelt RP!
    edited March 2019
    I got this commissioned for Aloli. A great big thank you to Hal, his shop is here.

To explain, Aloli is leaning back against her rukh, Nisma, an incredibly loyal and fierce [Arabian] bird that was a gift from Damariel. She's looking tired and falling asleep while reading. But...after Hal (the artists) finished the drawing I noticed the random book he added as a surprise on top of Nisma...so the story I'm going with is: the book fell out of her bag when she was climbing down and it's slowly making its way down and will eventually fall to startle her.

Alexsandor