Valkyrior system (Mudlet)

Comments

• EvalyneEvalyne A Coffin
    edited February 2018
    Oookay so this works for me, but past experience teaches it might not for others, so do let me know. This is basically the "for developers" install method minus Git:

1) Download the zip of the system from the website

2) Unzip the zip archive it gives you where you want the Valkyrior system files to be.

3) Load Mudlet and go to your Aetolia profile.

4) Enter the following into the input field:
    lua local a="https://www.viantha.com/ire-system/bootstrap.xml"local b="ValkyriorBootstrap"function d(c,e)if not e:find(b,1,true)then return end installPackage(e)os.remove(e)setupValkryior()end registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysDownloadDone","d")downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir()..(a:ends("xml")and"/"..b..".xml"or"/"..b..".zip"),a)

It will ask you where scripts_valkyrior.xml is. Follow the prompts and you should be good! No, you don't need to understand what that's doing (but if you're curious, it's downloading a bootstrap script that will install all the stuff into your profile you need)

---

Let me know if that works for you all!
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    Installing it this way, I found out that it was missing the UI in that bundle, and I had to still manually install either the script_ui file or the valkyrior-complete-aetolia file, I forgot which by now, but it was corrected by installing one of those two.
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    Also, I just realized at looking at a previous post of a picture you had sent here , displays wonderful information and status effects, but I can't figure what it is missing to mirror that. Now, another thing I noticed, is that it leaves my name as unknown for some reason.
    https://gyazo.com/82624aed4ebe336c048ec55efc06e8d7
    Evalyne
  • It looks like in your case you probably are having an error midway through populating the UI. One of my huge irritations with Lua is that a single error will stop the entire script execution and you cannot trap errors. Is there anything in your Error console if you look there?
  • (Im going to end up calling everything in protected mode, arent I?  If mudlet even allows that)
    Aeden
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    Well, only an error regarding the harvester for some reason everything else is repeating that its running without errors, upon login

https://gyazo.com/28141a0b7aa87820b872023bced0e5f8
  • The harvester scripts are what get information for the display, so that would definitely affect it!  thats for the map though.

Btw the error console in the script editor is usually more helpful than the debug console. 
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    Hm, I don't know if you wish to add this for autobashing, but for Archivists, our bashing attack is "Crux" or basically "incite crux -target-"
  • I can do that easily!  Whats the line in score for class?
  • I just pushed an update for the UI initialization that makes everything a protected call. If any of the UI draws fail, it SHOULD (in theory) display a (for now, generic) error message, and then try to continue onto the next call.
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    Hm? You mean this?
    https://gyazo.com/59b120f44bd46e356887dcf1d0693db4

Or something like this?:
    You use Geometrics Crux on a skittering azure eld.
    You frame the Crux within your mind, warping a skittering azure eld beneath the
    lines of its psychic force.

Although it is a skill in the Geometrics skillset
    edited February 2018
    Yeah sorry, I use two methods to get the class, one out of band one (GMCP Character.Status.Class) and one in band one (SCORE).

So for example:

| You are of the Phreneses Praenomen class. |

Heavens, I forgot about apprentices though, I'll have to add that in. Assuming that it doesnt add apprentice to Character.Status.Class in GMCP it should actually use that for your bashing attack now, though!
       local class = string.lower(gmcp.Char.Status.class)
       if (class=="praenomen") then
          send("frenzy "..Valkyrior.CurrTarget)
       elseif (class=="templar") then
          send("zeal "..Valkyrior.CurrTarget)
       elseif (class=="archivist") then
          send("incite crux "..Valkyrior.CurrTarget)
       else
          send("kick "..Valkyrior.CurrTarget)
       end
    :)
    Aeden
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    I forgot the command that allows you to print the character sheet from GMCP to report , debug tells me this gmcp event display(gmcp)
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    edited February 2018
    Also, the scripting uses the function call of classstrike, and replacing it caused an error, as such-since there's no alias for the bash:
    https://gyazo.com/a528f003724ebf57664c8adc872e00ff

edited February 2018
    Yeah if you update make sure you update the whole zip of everything.

[edit]: To be clear I was copying the code I changed, but its always best to update wholesale because I often make changes elsewhere.
    Aeden
  • So I spent the afternoon spicing up the map display. It can now go up to MAP RADIUS 4 without a problem, and also displays the vnum. I'll also put environment, etc, info in that display. What do you guys think?

OofaAeden
  • Can I ask why you don't use the Mudlet mapper? It scales really nice and automatically.

Great progress by the way! I really love the hotkeys at the bottom.

Sorry for the 'communications' tab flying off the screen. I'm currently resizing my UI so I need to finesse a few PNGs here and there still.
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    Is the setup sync suppose to ask only those two questions?
    https://gyazo.com/353e528705c76d8cfa94d7a12900b209
  • Yep @Aeden, it should figure out the rest automagically.

@Oofa, I find the mudlet mapper about as reliable as windows ME, and in a game where the in game map system is quite excellent I have little reason to bother with wanting to patch over its messiness. I'm already having to run half a dozen things as protected calls to make up for Geyser being, well, Geyser.
  • Geyser is definitely fussy. The game maps are 100% adequate visually, I was just curious why the choice. Keep it up! :heart:
    Evalyne
  • @Oofa It's basically a choice of what I want to spend my time supporting. The mudlet mapper is like a Jaguar car - it looks really nice and goes vroom vroom well but when it breaks you're going to hurt. And I'd rather spend my time on the UI itself rather than features outside of my control.

(Complete aside: Ever tried to change the oil filter on a Jaguar? You have to drop the front axle to get to it.)
    OofaIshin
    edited February 2018
    It occurs to me I could probably use the IRE client maps too, if I wanted to and could figure out a way Mudlet supports, to resize them to fit. I think I will give that a try.

Here's where I'm at right now, anyways:

OofaPazradymAeden
  • @Aeden What would you want on the hotbar, as an archivist? Being the person interested in the system that's an archivist, you get the honour of choosing :P
    Aeden
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    <3 I'll definitely have an answer for you this Friday. I have to look at this in full, as archivist is quite complex and and a skillset that is completely customizable that I learned.
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    Would you happen to know how to rectify this error? Also, I feel sad panda as my name doesn't show up anymore in the UI, as I am "unknown" now. I don't even recall what I had to install in the module the last time that wasn't there.
    https://gyazo.com/847b388f605993e4b722f9ee16270272
    https://gyazo.com/3afdf61e2f2fde55ad7a74a9813cb5b9
    https://gyazo.com/c78069abe08ede2ce16a8fc5eba02f1c
    edited February 2018
    Yeah stuff is getting called before it can be properly populated, I should probably either defer that stuff until after login or just have the majority of the UI bootstrap on the login successful message.

In the meantime, if once you're logged in, if you do

lua UI.Initialize()

does it work?
  • DagunDagun Virginia
    this looks amazing - going to give it a try mostly because i want those WOW-ish attack buttons >:)
    Evalyne
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    Nay, I'd still get the same three errors as:
    lua UI.Initialize()
    (Valkryior Exception): Unable to initialize table with Status Effect names.
    (Valkryior Exception): Unable to initialize paths for Status Effect icons.
    (Valkryior Exception): Unable to initialize default tooltips for Status Effects.

edited February 2018
    And thats after you login?
    Ok Ill have to add more detailed information to the error message and hopefully that will help determine what is up

Make sure you have scripts > valkyrior in your setup if you can
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    Yeah, first thing that comes up as soon as I login, are those three errors.