Summer cruising

TeaniTeani Shadow MistressSweden
edited January 2018 in OOC Chat
Hi!

I am planning a trip to the States next summer. The idea will be to use one city as a start and finish point, so that I can rent a car and return it there before going back to Sweden. With that car, I will travel around and hope to meet people from this wonderful community. I will have about a month or so to travel, so I doubt I will be able to cross the entire country both ways. This means I am likely sticking to one coast.

Unlike last time I crossed the country, this one is all me. I am not working or anything, and can set my own itinerary all depending on where I want to go and who might want me to visit. Once I have enough stops to plan it out completely, I will post it here. That way people will have a chance to see if it's possible to set up a meet of some kind.

Couch offers are very welcome! Let me know if you would like to meet up. I am thinking end of June-July.

Comments

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Upside of a Wisconsin visit around that time: Hey, my birthday's early July, and I know of at least two others in the same state (possibly more!)

Downsides: At least in my case, no couch available here for an overnight guest. Kind of in the middle of the country, so quite out of the way to get to if sticking to a coast.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Doesn't necessarily have to be a coast. I just have to be able to make it around to people. Putting Wisconsin on list of potentials! 

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I basically live in Portland, OR - west coast best coast! I love meeting new people, but have no couch to offer, so if you'll be coming by this region (Washington / Oregon) I would love to make a meet happen!
    Won't be this time, @Zaila, but I want to cruise the west coast one day too. It will happen!

Anyway, this is the considered route, after talking to some people. It might shift a little, with some stops added or removed depending on circumstances (Athens friend might be away, so might add a Florida stop or something instead, for example).

KodazaZaila
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Drop me a line when through Houston. I can buy a player lunch without the fiance giving me scary angry stares, I bet.
    Teani
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    If you change your mind about Florida, I'm in Jacksonville.
    TeaniLeana
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    It might make your drive a little longer but it'd be good your your cARBREtor
    Teani
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I'm still near DC!
    Teani
  • Elwyn and I are in Pittsburgh still

Goodness, this is going to be an amazing trip! So many people along this route, I had no idea. I'm trying my best to fit everyone in, even if it might just be for lunch company on the road.

Latest update has me landing in New York, as that is the cheapest, then traveling in a clockwise circle. These are who I've got on my list right now (and I'm sort of hard pressed to fit in more people without feeling rushed):

@Sarita
    @Eowyn
    @Oleis
    @Toz
    (Possibly @Arbre)
    @Tiur
    @Xenia
    @Fezzix
    @Tekias
    @Xavin
    @Elwyn
    @Kallah
    @Xemnas
    @Aldric

So excited!

KodazaXeniaZailaAtarah
  • Im around an hour away from @Toz!
    "There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion." - Edgar Allan Poe
    Teani
    edited April 2018
    Booked ticket, reserved a rental, and booked hotel nights in Washington and New Orleans. So far I have confirmation for a place to stay in Charlotte and in Wisconsin. Here's the schedule!

June
    24 - Arriving New York, driving south (motel booked)
    25-27 - Washington (hotel booked)
    27-1(2) - Visiting Charlotte. ("Couch" confirmed!)
    July
    ( 1 - Stop in Athens, not confirmed)
    2-5 - New Orleans (hotel booked)
    5-6 - Houston (hostel/motel - not booked)
    6-10 - Austin ("Couch" confirmed!)
    10-17 - Kansas (potential "couch"!)
    17-21 - Steven's Point ("Couch" confirmed!)
    21-22 - Chicago (via Green Bay) (hostel/motel - not booked)
    22-23 - Cleveland ("Couch" confirmed!)
    23-25 - Harrisburg (via Pittsburgh) (potential "couch"!)
    25 - Departing New York (via Lancaster)

TekiasKodazaEowynXenia
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    @Teani - just put in my request to have the time off, too. PARTY IN CHARLOTTE!
    Teani
    It's slowly sinking in that I'm going on this awesome trip soon. Added confirmations to the schedule above.

If it turns out that my friend in Kansas is unable to house me, I might have to come up with an alternative, and possibly swing over for a very brief west coast visit before turning back east. We'll see! Not making any promises. Added a stop in Cleveland to have less full-day travels.

I am excited! I'll be collecting the necessary addresses in June. :smiley:

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I'm not sure if you'd be able to make it to the west coast and then back east in the amount of time you have listed in your schedule, honestly. Even if you did, you probably wouldn't have much time to do anything, and you might have to drive constantly while drinking energy drinks and barely sleeping to make it there and back.
    Tekias
    Some changes to my itinerary:

June
    24 - Arriving New York, driving south (motel booked)
    25-27 - Washington (hotel booked)
    27-1 - Visiting Charlotte. ("Couch" confirmed!)
    July
    1-2 - Athens (or motel on my way southwest)
    2-5 - New Orleans (hotel booked)
    5-6 - Houston (hotel booked)
    6-10 - Austin ("Couch" confirmed!)
    10-17 - Kansas (potential "couch"!)
    17-21 - Chicago (hotel not booked, includes some daytrips)
    21-22 - Cleveland ("Couch" confirmed!)
    22-24 - Harrisburg (via Pittsburgh) (potential "couch"!)
    24-25 - Washington (author meeting, possibly via Lancaster)
    25 - Departing from New York

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Hi! I tagged you in Discord but then realized that probably wasn't the most reliable way to get to you, so I thought I'd post here. I'm along your route in mid-July if you want to meet up and/or stay over in our guest room :)
    Teani
    So, looks like my itinerary is set!

June
    24 - Arriving New York, driving south
    25-27 - Washington
    27-1 - Charlotte.
    July
    1-2 - Passing through Atlanta due southwest
    2-5 - New Orleans
    5-6 - Houston
    6-10 - Austin
    10-13 - Kansas
    13-15 - Iowa City
    15-20 - Chicago
    20-21 - Passing through Cleveland due east
    21-23 - Washington-area
    23-25 - Harrisburg-area
    25 - Departing from New York

Tagging the people it seems I'll be meeting (some not confirmed, but potential) during this epic journey:
    @Sarita @Eowyn @Moirean @Shintar @Tiur @Xenia @Emelle @Cardie @Kallah @Xemnas @Drestyn @Tekias @Fezzix @Xavin @Elwyn @Trikal @Zyphen @Sibatti @Emir @Toz @Oleis @Atarah

I think that's everyone <.<
    Let me know if I'm mistaken!

XeniaEowynEmelle
  • I insist on photos!

And, more importantly, that a good time is had by all.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Teani
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    I took off a few days while you're down - I'm super excitteeeeeeeddddddddd!!!
    Teani
  • I'm sure I can get to meet you sometime, but might be a little scarce due to incoming wedding!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Teani
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Eowyn said:

I bet I could do that too ;)
    TeaniEowyn
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Tiur said:

Eowyn said:

I bet I could do that too ;)
    And in other news, the world's greatest online game, Aetolia, crashed and burned because one woman from Sweden visited America.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

TeaniXenia
    @Kelliara the photos will hopefully be numerous, as long as I have time to actually take them. It'll be a busy trip!

@Eowyn it's going to be so awesome! I really hope @Toz has some time to spare to meet up. He's promised me the knowledge of proper southern sweet tea!

I'm not near @Tiur long enough for the game to crash due to his absence. I hope. Maybe. Besides, doesn't the game crash when he's online rather than the opposite?

Eowyn
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Gah, that's true... me being away is more likely to keep the game up than down.

Though, our only real downtime, I was asleep.
    Teani
  • DagunDagun Virginia
    I'm definitely down to hang out while you're in Washington. Any other Aetolians in the area planning to meet up?
    Dagun said:
    I'm definitely down to hang out while you're in Washington. Any other Aetolians in the area planning to meet up?
    @Sarita is going to do touristy stuff with me when I'm there. No Aetolia meet planned, but you're welcome to hook up for some fun.

• DagunDagun Virginia
    HECK YESSSSSSSS, just msg me when and where :)
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    All those "Washington"s thew me off,
    Darn you, DC! 
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    edited June 2018
    Just a quick post to anyone in Charlotte during Teani's stay down here - we're planning on a lunch on the 28th:

http://www.burgersandbarleysc.com/menu.php

Meeting time: 11:30 AM ET.

Tentative attendees: Eowyn, @Toz , @Oleis , @Mazzion, and of course @Teani . If you're interested, still make sure to let us know. It'll be fun!
    TeaniMariena