Valkyrior system (Mudlet)

Comments

• Cannot for the life of me figures out what causes the chat capture window not to initialize on startup, it works perfectly fine if you init it manually. Sorry for the hold up, trying to solve that.
    AedenZaila
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I always thought that was the nature of mudbot that you had to place/initialize that kind of stuff every single time you restarted.
  • To be clear, what I mean is that, I have code arranged to execute when you first load the profile, to create all the UI elements. So I have a function, UI.InitializeChat() that gets called to create the chat window.

If you add it to the startup, it doesn't run properly (and you can't see the errors if there are any, because you have to enable the error console manually, after startup, in the scripts screen)

If you run the function manually ("lua UI.InitializeChat()" in the console) then it runs fine.

So heavens if I know what the problem is. Mudlet is really, really bad for debugging this kind of stuff.
  • EvalyneEvalyne A Coffin
    edited February 2018
    Almost there, for the basics, if I can get the chat console stuff working:

Aeden
    edited February 2018
    So ... trying to use the EXAMPLE CODE in the wiki for Geyser gauges (with the hope of getting the HP/MP bars text centered because the normal controls don't respect QProperty Alignment) ... causes a stack overflow.

That's ... something.

Edit: I opened Mudlet's debug console and this is how it looks just after connecting.

Mudlet's done buggered

Guess I'm sticking to my stance of "avoid using Geyser because it's rubbish"
  • Did you bug it?
  • Irruel said:

Did you bug it?

I've reported several bugs over the past year in the Mudlet discord, most of which have either gotten ignored or the developers telling me I must not know what I'm doing. I left that channel some time ago in frustration.
    edited February 2018
    Okay, so the last part of the UI to get down prior to the release is the map. I'll just capture the in game map and display it in that pane I think.

Other than that it's ironing out the last few rough edges and then I'll post an omnibus XML you guys can import and you can tell me all the ways it falls apart when others use it xD

One thing that would help out other users of the system that someone can provide me with is a list of the lines for other classes than praenomen in Score, and what each of those classes basic attacks are. Then I can code that all in the autobasher. Right now its vampire centric since that's what Eva is.
    Aeden
  • @Evalyne it's the weirdest thing, but if you highlight the bottom of that then drag upwards it'll go into split windowed mode and you can actually read the stuff. I have NO idea why but it just...gets weird like that from time to time.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Yeah I figured that out but not the problem with Geyser gauges so back to normal gauges for now. Trying to figure out how best to capture the in-game map.
  • So I'll have detailed instructions for install after sleep because I need to pass out, but I've already gone late on my release promise, so I wanted to put this up.

Here's the xml to import to give Valkyrior (v3) a try:
    http://gitea.postactiv.com/postActiv/Valkyrior/raw/master/valkyrior-complete-aetolia.xml

Save that somewhere, import, it should be good. But if you have any problems let me know!
    Aeden
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    Just to give an idea, it's not appearing to be opening properly on my end and when I open the xml file just to make sure mudlet should be reading the file properly, I'm getting two different pictures of what's going on. The first picture is how I think mudlet should be interpreting that to load it correctly, but yet the second picture shows what is actually being opened as and mudlet is not reading that properly since no UI is appearing as I think it should from that xml.

https://gyazo.com/e3ee7c6f4b8108e231849dd45335f754
    https://gyazo.com/bb23a435c3e97cb2c0a4133ee9a1ec68
    edited February 2018
    As promised, the detailed instructions!

So the easiest way to get this thing going is this:
    1. Go to gitea.postactiv.com/postActiv/Valkyrior, and click download the repository

Save the zip file somewheres you'll remember it.
    2. Unzip the zip archive it gives you where you want the Valkyrior system files to be. For sake of example. I'm going to assume it's "D:\MUDs\Valkyrior" as it is on my system, but you can replace that path in the below steps for whereever you put it.
    3. Load Mudlet, and load your Aetolia profile.
    4. Go to package manager, and hit install.
    5. Navigate to D:\MUDs\Valkyrior\ and select the valkyrior-complete-aetolia.xml file
    6. Quit mudlet, being sure to save your profile
    7. Restart mudlet, connect to Aetolia, and you should be good!
    Some known issues:
    • Sometimes not all of the hotbar labels initialize, just couldn't figure that out (yet) and I didn't want to hold up the system for something not super important
    • The MAP display works best with MAP RADIUS 2, I will play around with making larger radiuses (sp?) work in the future.
    • Chat capture doesn't preserve the colours. I can fix that but it results in some performance problems for .. some reason? But I do plan on fixing that.
    • Right now just generic kick a thing and vampire bashing is coded into the autobasher. If people get me the attacks and SCORE messages for different classes I can fix that though!
    • Nowheres near all the status effects in the game are captured yet. Working on that, but feel free to give me messages for missing ones!
    • The new status icon display hasn't been coded yet. This is a lot of heavy lifting so another thing I didnt want to hold things up, but its my next project.
    • The timers can make re-logging a pain since they have no concept of whether you're logged in or out. Just disable them when logging back in for now.
    Let me know if you have any issues!
  • Aeden said:

Just to give an idea, it's not appearing to be opening properly on my end and when I open the xml file just to make sure mudlet should be reading the file properly, I'm getting two different pictures of what's going on. The first picture is how I think mudlet should be interpreting that to load it correctly, but yet the second picture shows what is actually being opened as and mudlet is not reading that properly since no UI is appearing as I think it should from that xml.

https://gyazo.com/e3ee7c6f4b8108e231849dd45335f754
    https://gyazo.com/bb23a435c3e97cb2c0a4133ee9a1ec68

Try the detailed instructions above and see if they help?
    The system's supposed to download missing stuff but it looks like that's not working. The detailed instructions should work though, let me know if they don't.
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    Hm, I'll fiddle with it later lol, as I'm getting the same result. Though the file only imports the triggers associated with the file, I'm presuming it comes with some default aliases etc, but still no UI of the likes. So, I'll check with it again later
  • Aeden said:

Hm, I'll fiddle with it later lol, as I'm getting the same result. Though the file only imports the triggers associated with the file, I'm presuming it comes with some default aliases etc, but still no UI of the likes. So, I'll check with it again later

You'll likely have to scrub out the stuff from the previous attempts, but it should just be my whole profile exported. If you have nothing under scripts though we have a problem.
    edited February 2018
    For the record this is what it should look like at first init prior to login:

• To let you know; following those install instructions, I also get only triggers - no scripts or aliases are installed.
    Aeden
  • Hrm, looks like mudlet isn't exporting the whole profile like it should, that's fucking great. I'll have to look into why.
    edited February 2018
    To follow up, no, everything's there. Mudlet is just only importing the triggers for some reason.

So I was trying to save you guys trouble, but if you go to the module manager and Install each of the component modules (and not the omnibus "complete" ones) it should work. Just tested now.
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    That's what I thought too, maybe. I'll try it now, since I'm home
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    I ended up getting this for some....reason
    https://gyazo.com/1157583ec6ca9b894ab66e887b3e439a even with module installing each one. Was I suppose to install the valkyior complete? I have aliases that result in affinity. I think that's Imperian specific -I think-
    https://gyazo.com/b2bea21ffdee2cd451bf1beea6e77c4d
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    And....looking at debug, if you might recognize this:
    https://gyazo.com/1583a0277089581183caa8c570a1cffa
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    edited February 2018
    I do apologize for the spam of responses.. but I think I got it now. I had to uninstall the valkyrior-complete(not to confuse with valkyrior complete-aetolia) That interfered with it. However though, I do have to figure out how to resize it, as its a bit too large on my screen as thus:
    https://gyazo.com/fa0b24e58898d6bafe318aeda592e674 The entire right side and bottom are off the screen :D
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Selfish request: could I get an updated detailed install instructions? I am too unskilled at mudlet to follow here
  • Ah, yes @Aeden it's meant for a 1080p screen. I wonder how hard it would be to make it scale for different resolutions. I'll look into that tomorrow, crash time for today.

I'll see if I can't figure out what the best way to do an install is that aren't too hard for the non-programmers.
    Aeden
  • @Aeden what size is your screen out of curiosity?  Ill use that as a test size for scaling.
  • AedenAeden Missouri
    For the longest time, I had it at 1600x1094. Though... derp derp on my end, I could've just resized it to to that-it'd been close but not exact. So I had to size it to 1920x1080 and..resize mudlet from full-screen to manually reducing the width somewhat to make it look near perfect to get all modules fully.
  • Cool, good to hear! Though I still ought to look into scaling.

I'll get some install stuff looked at too, today's kind of been a write off for productivity (yay health issues)
    Aeden
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    As a staff member, I've never considered having a pretty UI for mudlet until I watched the journey of this developing. I'm attracted to shiny, nerdy things. And cookies. Awesome work.
    Evalyne