Thank you!

Comments

• RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Thanks @Vyxsis and @Toz . I've made so much progress in scripting and PKing thanks in large part to you two.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    JaymiVyxsis
  • CaolanCaolan Straya
    @Diogen - Thanks for taking the time to help me out! You were pretty quick to help after I issued about it, appreciate it.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    This goes out to the admin team and volunteers. Having never run a city or a guild, having a two-way line of communication and feedback is comforting. And when we have concerns or doubts, having you guys there to listen or clear the air helps bring a lot of relief. So thank you for that, and all the work you guys do.
    VashKelliaraRunasEowynAxiusTiurErzsebetSilena
  • Phoenecia said:

This goes out to the admin team and volunteers. Having never run a city or a guild, having a two-way line of communication and feedback is comforting. And when we have concerns or doubts, having you guys there to listen or clear the air helps bring a lot of relief. So thank you for that, and all the work you guys do.

QFT.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    ErzsebetDidi
  • @Xenia Thanks for running with that. It was surprising to see that grow from a simple mistell.
    Xenia
  • Hoo boy. I may be back again again. I'm having some good fun this time around, thanks mostly to the lesson windfall from the Reanimation/Concoctions changes allowing me to make some character progress with Camille...

...but also thanks to @Kanivara and @Kelliara for doing some roleplay to make said progress immersive, believable, and a team effort.
    My avatar is not representative of how I or my character look.
    Vash
  • @Zaila I think we enjoy putting our characters through trials and tribulations a bit too much. Hahaha. But it's always fun!
  • edited November 2017
    I haven't done this in a while!

@Kylan
    @Lehar
    @Vyxsis
    @Leana
    @Kasimir
    @Karhast
    @Rivas
    @Haven
    @Shaith
    @Maizin
    @Eowyn
    @Jami
    @Zaila
    @Dzekk
    @Sofiel
    @Theodast
    @Talonnb
    @Tenshyo
    @Melantha
    @Yeras
    @Benedicto
    @Eliadon
    @Shachalai
    @Rasani

Some of you have RP'd with me over the years, others, we've had only a handful of interactions. But I wanted to say thank you, because you've helped make my time on Aetolia enjoyable again, turning a bad experience back into a good experience.
    ZailaKasimirHavenSofielTenshyo
  • edited December 2017
    I know the project isn't over yet but I wanted to take a sec and thank the players who worked tirelessly on the exhibit in Spinesreach. It's been a really cool experience to see all 14 or 15 characters/players come together to make something so eclectic. It's been awesome watching all of us support each other oocly and encourage each other to have an equal voice and place in such a demanding, stressful project. Every team has their issues but wow, I've enjoyed working with each and every one of you! :)

Task Force team leaders, you're amazing: @Xenia, @Istela, @Fezzix, and @Kodaza. Your leadership helped carry this project. You rearranged your schedules, you worked even when you were burnt out, and you made sure everybody had a place in your piece of the project. You are...the most competent, talented, passionate, and creative team I've worked with in Aetolia.

@Fezzix: while I had wisdom tooth surgery, you stepped up and fielded questions. Thank you for being a great support. Your work ethic is amazing. When we're together on a team I know that I can always count on you to do what needs to be done. I know we have our differences as players but I enjoy working with you.

@Xenia: thank you for encouraging people to put their best selves into the exhibit. You made people feel comfortable enough to participate and you were always suggesting new ways to reach the people who feel like they're on the fringes oocly. You also have a talent for working comedy into your writing seamlessly. It's really cool to watch and to be a part of.

@Kodaza: I'm still amazed at how flexible you are as a writer. You and @Azalea learned about an event in 5 minutes and you were able to make ...the most unique, creative object with it. You have a talent for shaping into fantastic opportunities to show your how brilliant you are.

@Istela: your sense of humor really showed through in the characterization of your NPC. You and @Xenia knocked it out of the park and it's a piece of the exhibit that I can't wait for people to see. Because come on:

nnnnnooooooo ooooooooooonnnne writes like Stela, nnnnnnooooooo oooooooonnne fights like Stela (:P) -

She's perfect, a pure paragon! :wink:

Thank you @Azalea and @Magnhild for generating content on a moment's notice, being flexible in general, and otherwise being awesome supports for me and the team as a whole. Azalea, I'm pretty sure you're a mind reader. lol. You have the uncanny ability to take two sentences of vague instructions and make it into something even more creative than what I asked you for.

@Kelliara: thank you for not only supporting the Task Force throughout the project, but for also jumping on and doing those last minute edits for us the doc.

@Tina: I didn't get to work with you a whole this time. Thank you for fielding questions about the lore, pointing us toward sources, and helping write content when it became obvious that @Xenia and @Istela needed some help.

@Ishin: for being our unwilling, and yet wonderful, workhorse. And you said Ish wouldn't do any work, muhahahahahaha. (Srsly tho, thank you <3)

@Toz: for being a shadow task forcer. Oocly you helped us simplify our thoughts, you gave us some great ideas.

@Eleanor: for jumping in and helping @Xenia write that neat NPC. I was hoping you would get a chance to join and I'm glad that you did.

@Lenina & @Teani: thank you for stepping up and helping out. <3 Your creative ideas contributed to our mutual masterpiece.

@Everyone else who edited: thank you for helping us get everything worked out. You are appreciated more than you know. :)

EDIT:

@Zarni: for being an understanding and encouraging partner while we wrote 31 pages as a group. lol.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    KodazaXeniaIstelaFezzixHaven
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Eydis - *flags for abuse*
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Eydis
  • First thank you of 2018:

To every volunteer who played Maghak, and everyone on both sides of the curtain involved with Him anyway, thank you. You helped to create an awesome character that will be sorely missed.

To everyone involved in the goings on today, thank you, too.

I can't wait to see what happens next.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    HammarDidiCaolanKodazaMihaketi
  • edited January 2018
    Aetolia has been pretty excellent lately, courtesy in large part of @Eowyn, @Gonivia, @Kasimir, @Kodaza, @Lexen, @Magnhild, @Mihaketi, @Rasani, @Rum, and @Sarisa. The interactions I've had with all of you stand out as being really good; I've been enjoying myself a lot. Thank you.
    EowynZailaKodazaDidiBenedictoRum
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    To whoever sent Zaila on that scavenger hunt, I don't know who you were for sure (though I have some obvious suspicions). But since Zaila's not going to express her appreciation ICly, I just wanted to shout out to let you know how tickled I was by the whole thing - that was a PERFECT 'gift' for Zaila. I had so much fun trying to find them! Also, special thanks to @Didi for helping me find one of them that just had me absolutely clueless. (and everyone else who helped - there were a decent number of you, but I forget who all I pestered in the last week and a half for it)

I am absolutely abysmal at anything geographic XD
  • EvalyneEvalyne A Coffin
    Zaila said:

To whoever sent Zaila on that scavenger hunt, I don't know who you were for sure (though I have some obvious suspicions). But since Zaila's not going to express her appreciation ICly, I just wanted to shout out to let you know how tickled I was by the whole thing - that was a PERFECT 'gift' for Zaila. I had so much fun trying to find them! Also, special thanks to @Didi for helping me find one of them that just had me absolutely clueless. (and everyone else who helped - there were a decent number of you, but I forget who all I pestered in the last week and a half for it)

I am absolutely abysmal at anything geographic XD

I admit nothing.
    Zaila
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Zaila might have said, "A-I-T-N, that clearly spells Evalyne"
  • EvalyneEvalyne A Coffin
    edited March 2018
    Zaila said:

Zaila might have said, "A-I-T-N, that clearly spells Evalyne"

(worn to one side of her head) : a winner's flat cap

This cap is covered in a glittering coating of multicolored dust, making it difficult to determine what the color of the actual
    fabric is beneath it. It sits low and follows the head snugly. The only part free from the dust is a large bill that extends to 
    shade the wearer's face. Embroidered on the top of the very short bill in bright red thread is the word "WINNER". All over the cap 
    ones have been affixed that glow with the white light of stars. This is certainly a cap for only winners to wear.
    ... okay so I admitted something.
    Zaila
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    This hasn't been bumped in a while, and I think a bunch of thank yous are at hand. Must be done!

@Luas - probably aren't on the forums, but man, I adore our roleplay. It's evolved from just passerbys to probably one of the more interesting friendships I've had. So, thank you.
    @Jory - I both hate and love you. I'm so glad you've shown up in the game, along with @Taaroshi and @Desidora. The whole new Templar group has really made Enorian interesting. We don't really get to RP much, which is just a hit/miss situation. But, I enjoy even our banter OOC. I am looking forward to seeing what sort of challenges you bring to the game overall.
    @Mykellah - while we got off on the wrong foot recently, I think we're in a good spot. Thanks so much for your work on getting crap figured out post-drama. It may go unappreciated by some, but I know how much you had to do from personal experience. Thank you very, very much.
    @Rasani - people give you slack, it's known. But, I've really grown to re-appreciate your character and you as a person. Thank you so much for all that you bring to the table and doing everything you can to try to make things fun for people.
    @Benedicto - you really helped inspire me, along with the other Temps, to get back into PvP. It's been a blast, and you've been a great team leader. I hope we get to actually RP some eventually again, but I'll take just chatting with you in web about biscuits and tea any time it's offered.
    @Eliadon & @Mazzion - thanks for not getting annoyed when I poke at either of you with coding/pvp advice. Really, even @Kamui and @Trikal in that regard. I'm a newb and terrible at this stuff, but you all make me want to do better and work harder at it.
    @Oonagh - oh my goodness, where has this frog man been? The conversations over food and fish, the elements? All of it has been great. Looking forward to more and more interactions!
    @Shachalai - we've known each other for years now but this is the first round we've really gotten to RP together. I adore you, and what you bring to your character. She might be someone I physically want to bop, regularly, but I mean that in the best way possible.

That's all I can think of for now. But thanks to all of Enorian in general for being pretty dang awesome.
    MykellahShachalaiOonaghLuas
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I want to thank Enorian, for letting Sessi join, despite coming straight from Spinesreach, and for being such an awesomely fun place! Also, thanks to

@Rasani, for making me feel welcome from the get go.
    @Shachalai, for being overly enthusiastic about Sessi joining the Ascendrils.
    @Eowyn, for letting me harass you about feasts.
    @Taaroshi, for being a great friend, eating everything Sessi tosses at you and always making both Sessi and me smile.

Also a little thank you to
    @Xenia, for tossing Sessi a muffin commission, even after she just left Spines without a word.
    @Axius, for being you, and Tau. Love Tau. He is awesome. And so is Axius! <3
    EowynXeniaShachalaiAxius
  • edited May 2018
    So I know that most of you have migrated to Discord, but I still wanted to give a public shout-out to people who've made Aetolia super fun for me in the last week.

@Drestyn, for making me feel welcome in coming back for the umpteenth time. That bittersweet dur Naya RP. <3
    @Diomedes, for being old school BL creepy.
    @Vor, in all your beetle-munching glory.
    @Meltas and @Tybereus, for giving me a reason to shake things up.
    @Stine, for turning the tables on me with some solid spying.
    @Emelle, I missed you!
    PazradymHavenTybereus
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    A name I, personally, have not seen in a while! Welcome home again, Sora! I like seeing some of our veterans come back, more people to share (haha, joking, I don't share) cookies with.
    SoramizuTiurOonaghPazradymEmelleVyxsisKelliaraTeaniSklax
  • Huge thanks to who I would call my two mentors since I started here in Aetolia

@Justus - Helped me learn Aetolia in general and understand Prae combat
    @Mjoll - Has helped me immensely in every way since I joined the Carnifex

Big thank you to everyone who has helped me learn coding and the way Aetolia works not to mention making my experience here very fun and interesting. I can honestly say that I would have quit and found a different mud if it wasn't for all of you.

@Mjoll
    @Jory
    @Vyxsis
    @Justus
    @Zenobia
    @Ipz
    Unofficial Founder of the Cult of Tiur
    MjollVyxsisOonagh
  • edited August 2018
    @Vyxsis Thank you for putting up with my noobness, for answering all of my questions, for helping me figure out and understand the basics of the game, for being willing to point me in the right direction to find the information vs giving me the answers, for teaching me how to kill stuff and making hunting not so much of a pain, for teaching me which mobs would have everything in the area trying to kill me, and more. You and one of the best people a newbie could run into, and you do a great job of not making the game a huge turn off.

@Xenia @Kelliara @Steele @Didi For rping with me, being kind, it was fun I do appreciate it.

@Mordion @Rhyot For explaining things!

@Zenobia @Blaze @Justus @Mao I absolutely adore this House. You guys make vampire culture look fun and inviting, you put up with my questions and lead me politely along the correct path. Thank you for being wonderful teachers without the elists mindset. <3

@Zhukov @Tybereus I love rping with you guys!

@Mjoll Thank you for teaching me!

I'm pretty sure I'm missing some people, but I do really appreciate all of you if I did forget you in this thank you thread.
    VyxsisStineDidiSklax
  • Coming back to the game has been a bit rough. I have been trying to tag along and get into things again but I wanted to make a shout out to a few people.
    First of all thank you @Toz for noticing I logged in within 3 minutes of me logging in and grabbing me to sit and chat. You where first to make me promise IC to at least try and stop in more and now I log in for a little while every day.
    @Carthenian Thanks for noticing within my first two log ins that I was around and taking the time to chat with me. Also thank you to @Justus for giving me direction again and getting me into an organization that I can progress in
    @Mazzion for dragging me to lesser even if it is Phonetolia making it so all I can do is garrote people.
    @Emir for.... Well dealing with me at death caves when I'm bored and for letting me torture you sometimes lol
    Thanks to my TMA clan, ya'll are awesome for dealing with me when I'm feeling bitchy about the fact I'm stuck using Phonetolia.
    P.S. @Rhyot is still a huge pain in the ass, good to know he hasn't changed, it almost brings comfort
    RhyotDidiEmirSklax
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    In the past week, I lost two members of my family within days of each other. My uncle and my grandfather. I've been depressed and moody about it for the past little bit, and I probably will be for the next little while.

But I really want to thank all the people here who've offered their support, condolences, and understanding, offered themselves to talk if I needed it, or even just asking if I was okay out of the blue. They've been small bright spots amidst the misery.

Even more, thank you to everyone that's given me something to smile or laugh about. It's helped more than you know.
    OonaghMimoteshAloli
  • Thanks to all the people who showed up to the Spirean Gala today - and for @Kanivara being awesome with throwing all the small bits together. It was good to see that the game still cares about smaller events and RP - event @Rhyot showed up for the fun. Was the most fun I've had outside of random PK skirmishes.
    TeaniStathanFezzixSklaxDidiKalinaarXeniaLuas
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    I'm reaching out to a few very specific people that helped me over the last couple of days, they know who they are. You listened, made me feel appreciated, and made me laugh. If it weren't for such amazing friendships I've developed from this community some in my personal life would have been hard to understand and handle. Thank you for being you.

You've inspired me to pay it forward.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Benedicto
  • Oh no! This was on the 3rd page in Recent Discussions!! Let's fix that and spread some love!!

First up!

@Cailean - Not only Rhine's very best friend and most favorite Sentinel Mage, but you are mine and I am more than thankful for that. She absolutely adores him and I love the friendship they have developed. I look forward to each and every interaction. Your RP has always impressed me and pushed me to be better. There is not much I can say here that I have not told you a million times over. So thank you so much. For everything.

@Iesid - Iesid quickly became Rhine's confidant. If she has a problem, whether guild related or personal, Iesid is her goto. The friendship they have is very special and dear to her. I love his personality to bits and Rhine is always happy when she is able to learn more as well as letting her own wall down to allow him a little more insight about her. On top of that, you are an amazing RPer and have definitely helped me in pushing my own limits.

@Stine - Another amazing RPer. You've always impressed me and make want to improve upon. Since returning, I feel that Rhine's personality has grown tremendously and this is largely due to Stine's influence. Much love! <3

@Swara - Absolutely adore Swara. She is incredibly sweet and I am really glad these two have gotten to know one another. As Stine likes to tell them, put these two together and awesome things will happen! Or does he say terrifying? Ha! Either way, I can't wait to see them!

@Mariena - Rhine's second Momma. Every interaction, even when Mari is yelling at Rhine for being Rhine, is a blast. Mari has always been a very important person in Rhine's life and will continue to be so. <3<3

@Karhast - Things might not have gone the way Rhine wanted, but thank you for Karhast being.. Karhast. Yours was the first interaction I had when I came back and a large part of my sticking around instead of logging in and logging back out. Hopefully we will have more chances for interacting in the future.

@Arbre - We need to RP more.

The Sentinels (@Stathan, @Arista, @Phoenecia, @Zalia, @Eaku and @Kinesa) - The Pride has become almost a family. Dysfunctional. But then, what family isn't?! We don't get together as a group nearly often enough, but it is always a blast when just a few of us get the chance to interact. So much love to you all.

@Xavin and @Elwyn - Even though you both have stopped playing and likely don't check the forums, on the off chance that you do or will: thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to bring Rhine to life. I absolutely love her and have had a blast over the last several years developing her character.

There are others, I am sure, but I am sleep deprived. So a general THANK YOU to everyone that I have interacted with since I returned. <3<3<3

StineIesidMarienaSwaraStathan
  • Can't they be terrifying and awesome? This is all a matter of perspective...
    StathanRhine
  • Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who's been so welcoming, especially the Archivists - I still have no idea what I'm doing a lot of the time, but I'm having a lot of fun. Love to you all, especially @Agothaxl who has taken the brunt of Aouri's ridiculousness.
    AgothaxlFezzix