Aetolian throwback thread.

2»

Comments

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Elene said:

Well, I was trying to draw Kikon as a purple Xorani holding his mage staff and breathing fire.... but I guess he turned out like Barney.
    EleneAishia
  • KodazaKodaza Los Angeles
    I love when people get drawings of what's just described as "markings" or "numbers" or what have you. They're one of the hardest things to visualize, but when you see them you realize how simple they can be.

More than that, seeing Aetolian script is a great world-building tool.

Aishia
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    My first char was a forestal and made a joke in front of Acino and his gang of thuds at the SSI. I was so sure I was going to get killed that my hands were shaking as I wrote. Ended up with me getting a stamp of approval for the day and a free pass to leave.

Also, this is my favorite rp log ever.
    https://www.aetolia.com/node/55307
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    That picture be Laelio is one of my all time favourites. It brings back such happy memories of how much fun I had with @Sryaen, @Kadvar and @Desian.

- I was a true noob and like a trunub I got so lost in the immersion of the game. I remember my first event when the novice bashing area with pixies and kobolds got changed over. I was there with the rest of the Lighters and just stood by in terror whilst the combat went on as I had no idea what to do.

- Bloodborn rituals and the consequences if you interrupted certain ones. One would blow the individual up in a haze of blood. Another would change the sex of the player. On one occasion this happened to Kadvar and we adopted one of Sryaens alts. It was hilarious to us at least. I remember crying with laughter.

- Killing 10+ people on a frequent basis during group fights. Though I used it to good effect in 1v1 and found a bug once fighting Povox where his biles kept triggering it even after he was dead.

- There being three decent areas to bash to endgame and having to compete with everyone to try and get there for the repop.

- Ashtan. It will always hold a special place in my heart.

• SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I remember walking into Sehal as it was being rebuilt, in preparation of the event that changed it from Minia. "Someone Powerful" had me gently removed and I was promised not to speak of what I had seen.

My favorite memory from Ashtan, except for the generally awesome people, was when Grulg got into a fight at the Breakwater Tavern, killed a drunk imp, another drunk died by accident and there were a whole lot of investigations to find out if the Imp was a citizen and if Grulg should be punished. He ended up getting in a fight with the Horkval chef and was killed by guards. Loads of fun and utter chaos!
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Vampire rituals still blow you up. Trust me, we had a bit of a kerfluffle with the unity blood bonding thing mid 2017...
    NilsInfin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Making trap catapult lines dozens of rooms long from a city gate into the volcano
    Teani
  • Not sure if it existed here or not, but Trample.

Arc curare > trample spam from the rest of the group.
  • Going down into azdun before it became siha dylis and making all the goblins aggro me and getting them into one room and then one hitting them one after another with combos.

So satisfying.

Being too afraid as a true newbie to go walking the road, especially around NoT, at night for fear of being mauled and eaten by vampires.  

Belladona before she came to Enorian and then after when she got murdered by big Z.

When you'd go and attack big Z and he would chase you to the ends of the world.

When Duiran hated Enorian because of Civilization vs. the Wilds and they would actually go to war and Ashtan was that weird neutral party you'd be trying to convince to pick a side.

All hail Desian the God-King. 

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Omg I bashed Goblins almost exclusively for like 40 levels.
    Nola
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Waking up in a cold sweat when you realize tomorrow is Eireachdus and you haven't prepared anything for the event.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    ZailaTeaniMihaketiInfinSibattiLin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Kite
    SessizlikMihaketiKiyotan
    Mihaketi said:
    Kiyotan posting in this thread is the definition of an Aetolian throwback.
    I figured you'd appreciate the irony
    Mihaketi
  • We miss u stop having a life
    KiyotanSibatti
    Miss y'all too. Started playing a game called Grand Kingdom and named all my characters after Aetolians, and it made me nostalgic. <3
    MihaketiXenia
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Didja miss me too? >.> Probably not.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    CARAVAN!
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    edited May 2020
    Getting teased/bullied by Desian/Borscin as a noob just starting out. They kept picking on baby Sibatti, going into her Sentinel tent, and picking up whatever they could - because they could.

When Arion was super aggro and killing anyone who looked at him wrong. He had a forever grudge match against Exzuryx, who never learned his lesson.

"CARAVAN!"

Old Sentinel deepfreeze/pound remains my favorite death message to this day.

Also Old-Sentinel: running around as wyvern as a noob during war, and being a trueassess/incin-bot.

@Toz right leg

@Hadoryu 's desk
    BenedictoToz
  • edited May 2020
    No one's ever going to let me forget about Hadoryu's desk, will they? xD

Edit: Appropriate pic linking:

SibattiBenedictoLinHavenXavinArbreTeaniKodaHadoryu
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I've never been a big PVP-head, but the game felt different before lessers and Sect of Blades provided proper venues for slugging it out.

Major players idling at North of Trees or Qeddwyn's artifact shop; mounts left in strategic locations designed to maximize annoyance, in the hopes that someone might kill them; buddies randomly sniping/throwing things at one another to stave off boredom.

Aetolia has always felt a little emptier without these elements. And don't get me started on the state of freeform PVP (read: people finding reasons to fight one another), it almost feels like a lost part of our culture!
    IazamatBenedictoTeaniBlancheDrystin
  • mounts left in strategic locations designed to maximize annoyance, in the hopes that someone might kill them;

I will always be disappointed that our reaction as a community led to an unspoken OOC agreement that it's bad form to kill people's mounts for any reason whatsoever.
  • Lin said:

Aetolia has always felt a little emptier without these elements. And don't get me started on the state of freeform PVP (read: people finding reasons to fight one another), it almost feels like a lost part of our culture!

what i just read is that you want me to find a reason to fight you...

... can do
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
    MjollHavenEscelika
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Iazamat said:

mounts left in strategic locations designed to maximize annoyance, in the hopes that someone might kill them;

I will always be disappointed that our reaction as a community led to an unspoken OOC agreement that it's bad form to kill people's mounts for any reason whatsoever.
    Wait.... killing people's mounts is bad?!?! Why was I not told this before??

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    When I first played Aetolia I saved up all my newbie gold to buy the midnight stallion in Bloodloch. Two hours later someone killed it. Up until recently (I got an artifact mount earlier this month), I've only ever ridden donkeys.

I think mount killing is alright but fully expect the wrath of god to come your way after.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    MephistolesRebraBenedictoTeani
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Haven said:

When I first played Aetolia I saved up all my newbie gold to buy the midnight stallion in Bloodloch. Two hours later someone killed it. Up until recently (I got an artifact mount earlier this month), I've only ever ridden donkeys.

I rode donkeys for that exact reason for so long that @Xavin got annoyed with it and bought me a snow leopard. This is just as bits came out, so I felt safe enough riding it around until I got my custom mount.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Arbre kicked my horse to death and I didn't have a mount for like 10 years until I got a hippo whistle.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I had and still have a donkey I used to ride around from before the fall of Ashtan that I creatively named 'Jimmy'.
    Haven
  • Sibatti said:

@Toz right leg

It was pretty funny by the time the 5th new person joined the pk web and got a chorus of 'right leg' with absolutely no explanation.
    Rhyot said:

Iazamat said:

mounts left in strategic locations designed to maximize annoyance, in the hopes that someone might kill them;

I'll teach @Ahlysaaria to use the shame sphere.
    Aishia said:

Arbre kicked my horse to death and I didn't have a mount for like 10 years until I got a hippo whistle.

She also murdered the Ve'kahi piano in cold blood.

/gone again

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Moxie
  • Rhyot said:
    So YOU'RE the one that killed cletus the camel! You monster!  :'(
    Benedicto