Short Questions

Comments

• Aishia said:

I'll make an extra room in my haven for every person who says they're not gunna make a haven.

i'll join this initiative >:3c
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• I'm choosing to interpret this movement as a request for other things to do with haven points, since most people have a ton of them.

>.>

@Tiur Any word on when the crafting system is going to get fixed? Half my stuff still has double comms because of the changes. Was originally stated that I should send stuff that needed to be fixed to Becue, but I sent her a file with all the commands to make it easier for her ages ago, and you guys said that it was going to be fixed instead. Know y'all are busy and all, but rough ETA on that?

imageimage
  • Recently found out that the fishing shop sells lures.. Question is..

How do you use them? Just attach them to the rod? Or, do we get a specific area to use them in?
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

• EowynEowyn Somewhere
    Sivekui said:

Recently found out that the fishing shop sells lures.. Question is..

How do you use them? Just attach them to the rod? Or, do we get a specific area to use them in?

You attach them and they are for fishing up specific things. I don't know that they are area-specific, necessarily, though. Someone else can chime in if they know.
    Didi
  • KasimirKasimir Clearwater, FL
    Who should you message to get skill descriptions changed?
  • If there is an error, you can TYPO it.
    Kasimir
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Used to be a liaison command to submit a request to change it. Could give it to GMs or Secretaries or something
  • KasimirKasimir Clearwater, FL
    Aishia said:

Used to be a liaison command to submit a request to change it. Could give it to GMs or Secretaries or something

Still the case?

Thank you.
  • Since liaisons no longer exist I would imagine no one has access to this command.

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Kasimir said:
    Who should you message to get skill descriptions changed?
    You can message me or just TYPO it if it's a minor spelling/grammar mistake.
  • Is there a way to delete spurious customisations?

I made one for a belt and then got a better belt from the giftbags last month >.>
    Didi
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Am I the only one having issues logging in or staying logged on? I keep getting disconnected and it's been going on for a few days now.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I've been getting randomly disconnected for a little while now.
  • Is there a reason Jaru isn't working with the Mudlet mapper? I have the most current map downloaded, the script is up-to-date, and I even checked at www.aetolia.com/maps to make sure Jaru didn't become an unmapped area. It's #60, all rooms accounted for. Strange!
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    Jaru very recently became New Jaru, which may be making the mudlet mapper misbehave a little.
    Oofa
  • Kyna said:

Jaru very recently became New Jaru, which may be making the mudlet mapper misbehave a little.

Thanks so much for clarifying @Kyna. I'll wait patiently for the updated map files to roll out. :smiley:

I just came back to Aetolia after playing another IRE game, so many great and big changes!
    Teani
  • go go maps
    Oofa
  • I have never had good experiences with the mudlet mapper. It seems to go haywire for me at least very frequently. For a while it was convinced I was in a room of Ashtan that I am pretty sure doesn't exist anymore and hasn't for quite some while. It gets "stuck" very frequently. In my UI, I just capture and display the ingame map.
  • KynaKyna Victoria, Australia
    Mudlet mapper is, and has always been, a little finicky. I always found and still find the in game mapper and pathfinding system to be the most reliable. Just to share my two, cookie infused, cents.
    Evalyne
  • Kyna said:

Mudlet mapper is, and has always been, a little finicky. I always found and still find the in game mapper and pathfinding system to be the most reliable. Just to share my two, cookie infused, cents.

Yeah the in game mapper (and the one for the website/nexus you can grab through GMCP) are pretty awesome.
    Oofa
  • OofaOofa RI
    edited February 2018
    The Nexus one is A+, but I would not call the in-game map display a mapper if that distinction is important to the individual player. I like to use a mapper so Mudlet is the only choice for me personally! I add in special exits, make notes and marks, and incorporate the mudlet mapping script into my general scripting. Also the clicky! :lol:

Speedwalking combined with the Nexus client is a really competitive offering, and the in-game speedwalker is often better at handling things like swimming, doors, and so on than Mudlet's script. But the best part is even if you abstain from using the mapper display, if you're using Mudlet you still have access to all the features of the mudlet mapper since it comes pre-installed and runs in the background. It offers a lot of useful aliases that Aetolia doesn't, like "area list" or room searching with "rf 'text'".

Don't forget to area lock Bloodloch :dizzy:
  • Is the rule about guilds only serving one city a supported, real thing? Can I become Carinfex again and pretend like the shake up was a mistsake?

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    As far as the Carnifex goes, we have a guild law that says you have to be Bloodlochian... that apparently doesn't apply to Satomi? I have no idea.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I actually went and tested this a few weeks back just out of curiosity. You CAN inguild someone that is in a city that's not your guild's home city. In this case, I inguilded someone from Enorian into the Sentaari. However, with the nature of guilds as they are now, guilds are pledged in service to the city they're located in, and there have been pushes for guilds to fall in line with their home cities.
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    Xenia said:

Is the rule about guilds only serving one city a supported, real thing? Can I become Carinfex again and pretend like the shake up was a mistsake?

Read changelog 1430.
  • How much of Hematurgy still remains in Sanguis? Did pretty much 99% get gutted beyond the Wisp?

Is there still a fair amount of "blood magic mysticism" a la Bloodborn to be found in the Praenomen class?
  • EvalyneEvalyne A Coffin
    Angroth said:

How much of Hematurgy still remains in Sanguis? Did pretty much 99% get gutted beyond the Wisp?

Is there still a fair amount of "blood magic mysticism" a la Bloodborn to be found in the Praenomen class?

Combat wise? Pretty much everything except the wisp as far as I've seen, though the Rituos "path" is kind of a weak nod to it. I might be wrong though because I havent really learned the class beyond PVE.
  • Eowyn said:

Xenia said:

Is the rule about guilds only serving one city a supported, real thing? Can I become Carinfex again and pretend like the shake up was a mistsake?

Read changelog 1430.
    Yup I saw that. Wondering if my question triggered it or not now!

EowynZaila
  • OofaOofa RI
    edited March 2018
    Can 'artifact_pack' be used on purses/pouches? Can 'moneypouch' be added to packs? Is there a way to buy things on the artifact cart as powers, instead of items, so I don't have to pay 25cr to put them on crafted items? Thanks!

No, this promo isn't screaming my name or anything. :innocent:
  • EvalyneEvalyne A Coffin
    Buy the upgrade credits. Use them for new powers. They're just bound credits aren't they?
    OofaTeani