Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

1105106107108109111»

Comments

• SivekuiSivekui Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    @Kodaza but people on ignore CAN skill attack and kill you and you them, so knowning the people are around you is a good thing.
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

• ZailaZaila Pacific TimeMember Posts: 339 ✭✭✭✭
    I had that thought, myself, but since it would in this way disadvantage the person putting the other on ignore it might actually discourage an over-use of ignore that I occasionally see now (being used to get the last word in IC arguments, for example).

Since the idea of ignore is "I have tried to reason with this person and it just isn't working, so I want to have nothing to do with this person ICly or OOCly", letting the person ignoring put themselves at a mechanical disadvantage for sake of truly not having to see the other around their happy-fun-time-entertainment-box activity seems reasonable it to me.
    Kodaza
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Member, Guildmaster Posts: 2,016 mod
    The problem is, and whether or not I agree this is a problem is up for debate, if I have PK cause against @Zaila and insult her some and hurt her piddle feelings, she might needlessly put me on IGNORE and then I can't claim my legitimate cause on her. It would make it very easy for people to circumvent the point of the system and just keep themselves from being PK'd. I think there just is no good solution with IGNORE, so we do what we can with what we have.
  • ZailaZaila Pacific TimeMember Posts: 339 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused, Kodaza's idea wouldn't do anything to limit this, either. If I put you on ignore, you'd still be able to see me around like usual and PK me without any limitation since IGNORE doesn't save you from PK in any way; the only difference is that I wouldn't be as able to hide from you coming to get me because I wouldn't know you were around to kill me!
  • KodazaKodaza Los AngelesMember Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, what Zaila said. Let's say I have Arbre on ignore, and I don't even want to know when Arbre is online -- not in LOOK, not in CWHO, nothin'. This wouldn't stop Arbre from killing me, and if anything would just get me ambushed a lot.

Trying to use IGNORE to circumvent PK would be a misuse of the system regardless, so it'd be reasonable for the people who abuse the system to be punished or otherwise handled by admin.

Given how serious it's taken when people try to circumvent being ignored, it seems that the system is designed as a tool to protect users. So more protection would be a good thing, and that protection shouldn't be withheld from people who need/want it just because it might be abused. Give the intended, correct users their functionality, and deal with the abuse cases when they arise.

• KalakKalak Member Posts: 235
    Not interacting will never save anyone from PK. Would it reduce reasons of the other side? Sometimes. But in the end we are playing a game where everything is connected to each other organically by choice & consequence.

But if the person wants to put himself/herself at a disadvantage by not learning about online status of the other person that looks like a nice "optional" thing.
    Zaila
  • XeniaXenia Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to pledge clans to other clans. I call it clanception!
  • KelliaraKelliara Member Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6
    Xenia said:

Being able to pledge clans to other clans. I call it clanception!

Next we'll have umbrella clans, shell clans...

I forsee a sliperry slope.

EDIT: I forgot about the off-Sapience holding clans!
    Post edited by Kelliara on
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Chibi-Kelli by @Eleanor.
    XeniaTozMharduz
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re-describe omnipotence pills to look like Tide Pods.

ZailaVyxsis
  • SatomiSatomi Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    @Tiur I don't suppose it could be a thing for Wayfarers to be able to cobble together their own handaxes using like.. stone and wood. It'd make a terrible axe, compared to anything crafted, but something usable. (Sort of like Soul Cleaver for Carnifex, or Earthen Flail for Teradrim.)

It could also be completely uncustomized, in terms of stat alotment. Just a static like.. 120/90/120 or something.