Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

1104105106107108110»

Comments

  • JaegerJaeger LondonPosts: 16Member ✭✭
    Also! Also!

    Currently, if Jim is not in the room the command SAY TO JIM Hi! will show:

    Jaeger says "To jim Hi!"

    Can we change it to use the same targeting as emotes. So you would have to type "SAY TO $JIM Hi!" and if Jim wasn't in the room you would just see "There is no one here by that name."

    Not trying to spam this thread, I just keep seeing little things like this that could be improved.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardPosts: 366Member, Administrator, Immortal admin
    Jaeger said:

    Also! Also!

    Currently, if Jim is not in the room the command SAY TO JIM Hi! will show:

    Jaeger says "To jim Hi!"

    Can we change it to use the same targeting as emotes. So you would have to type "SAY TO $JIM Hi!" and if Jim wasn't in the room you would just see "There is no one here by that name."

    Not trying to spam this thread, I just keep seeing little things like this that could be improved.

    SAYTO (without a space) will let you check in this manner.

    ZailaJaegerCaolan
  • TekiasTekias WisconsinPosts: 111Member ✭✭✭
    Jaeger said:

    Not mine, but can everyone please go and express support for this idea!!

    Idea #630 Section: unassigned Support: 5
    2017/07/25 23:57:30: The ability to buy more then one refill for fluidcache at a time. BUY (number) REFILL OF (thing) FOR FLUIDCACHE

    :(

    Idea #606 Section: unassigned Support: 1
    2017/07/02 10:28:58: Adding another syntax to the BUY command to allow bulk elixir/poultice refills for fluidcache, unless I've missed that command somewhere.

    ideasupport 630
    You have expressed your support for Idea #630.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

    Hi.

    image
  • AxiusAxius where I amPosts: 170Member ✭✭✭
    well, why not Idea 789?

    Idea #789 Section: unassigned Support: 2
    2017/09/23 04:40:13: Venatium crafting boon tools and fishing poles that have to
    be WIELDed to gain the benefits of should be able to be stowed in weaponbelts
    just like Codexes, Scalpels, and Scythes, these things are often swapped through
    often enough that being able to SECURE them would make for an easier, less
    tedious time.
  • RhyotRhyot BloodlochPosts: 184Member ✭✭✭
    So, I'm tired of seeing people online in CWHO or in WHO and then try to get their attention but not being able to because they are idle/afk. So, to combat this, here's my idea.

    Forced timed logouts..... this could be done if a person has been in a single room for X amount of time. Say after 60 minutes of being in a room, the game has an NPC that sends a tell to the player with a math equation. The type of math equation and the way its worded will be various and different so no script can be built against it. The player will then have 1 minute to respond to this NPC with the correct answer. If you don't answer or are incorrect, you get disconnected.

    Obviously, this will have no impact on those who are actually at the computer roleplaying or crafting or what have you, because even if you're wrong, you'll just reconnect anyway.


    This will essentially stop people from being logged in when they're obviously sleeping or at work, but making it appear like they are in the game. Just a thought.

    ErzsebetSivekui
  • VyxsisVyxsis VyxsisPosts: 106Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30
    Rhyot said:

    So, I'm tired of seeing people online in CWHO or in WHO and then try to get their attention but not being able to because they are idle/afk. So, to combat this, here's my idea.

    Forced timed logouts..... this could be done if a person has been in a single room for X amount of time. Say after 60 minutes of being in a room, the game has an NPC that sends a tell to the player with a math equation. The type of math equation and the way its worded will be various and different so no script can be built against it. The player will then have 1 minute to respond to this NPC with the correct answer. If you don't answer or are incorrect, you get disconnected.

    Obviously, this will have no impact on those who are actually at the computer roleplaying or crafting or what have you, because even if you're wrong, you'll just reconnect anyway.


    This will essentially stop people from being logged in when they're obviously sleeping or at work, but making it appear like they are in the game. Just a thought.

    counterproposal: make them open PK

    (E2A: this was a joke, to be clear)
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    You ease yourself out of the Tiger stance.
    You sink back into the menacing stance of the Scorpion.
    Jaymi sinks into the wholly unintimidating stance of the Jaymi.
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    (Research): Cariv says, "Itsa me, Buggio."
    Caolan
  • MacavityMacavity Posts: 753Member ✭✭✭
    Rhyot said:

    So, I'm tired of seeing people online in CWHO or in WHO and then try to get their attention but not being able to because they are idle/afk. So, to combat this, here's my idea.

    Forced timed logouts..... this could be done if a person has been in a single room for X amount of time. Say after 60 minutes of being in a room, the game has an NPC that sends a tell to the player with a math equation. The type of math equation and the way its worded will be various and different so no script can be built against it. The player will then have 1 minute to respond to this NPC with the correct answer. If you don't answer or are incorrect, you get disconnected.

    Obviously, this will have no impact on those who are actually at the computer roleplaying or crafting or what have you, because even if you're wrong, you'll just reconnect anyway.


    This will essentially stop people from being logged in when they're obviously sleeping or at work, but making it appear like they are in the game. Just a thought.

    well, a true Idle person, I think, should be logged out or such, but if someone is there for hours in the same room doing RP, actively doing tells and what not, then I see no reason to kick someone from the game.

    I think being truly idle in the game, should be illegal against the game rules and enforced. Not sure the math problem is a solution though.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

    Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."

    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • XavinXavin Posts: 1,425Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forcing math on people is not the solution. Remember that this game markets to people as low as 13 years of age.

  • TozToz Posts: 2,164Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have like an hour to play a night overall. I often have to abruptly afk and I don't know when I'll be back but RL matters more than your feefees. If I got booted/timed out every time a mini-emergency came up, with how shitty gold/getting new gear is, I'd have to quit playing.
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I'll still never forget the first time I saw Toz throwing hammers."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I freaked out and thought they had somehow managed to pull me into them."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "So I tumbled away from my team and into theirs."


    Zaila
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee Posts: 1,835Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    1+1= no.




  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker VirginiaPosts: 1,750Member, Guildmaster ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rhyot - Oh, Ishin, I was trying to talk to you on CT earlier. Then I tried tells. Why didn't you answer your lovely local Overlord, huh? Too good for it, are we? Well, here, have a CDF and if you do it again, I'll give you a PK death too.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    SaritaVashXenia
  • TeaniTeani Evening Sky SwedenPosts: 1,860Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the change to shop commands, some things have become quite a nuisance. There are certain items that cannot be priced as a group, but has to be priced individually. It used to be that if you priced one item, all the others of the same template were automatically added. Without this function, pricing certain things with general names can be a bother.

    For example, the shimmering orbs (concealment enchantment) is known as an orb, but so are Parxian orbs of different colors. The Parxian orbs can be targeted using their colors, but the shimmering orb does not have that option. The same goes for the Lanos eye (discernment enchantment) which cannot be targeted simply as eye, because then you will end up messing with eye sigils or bull's eyes. It would be neat if they could be given specific names that work intuituvely, like "shimmeringorb" and "lanoseye". This would help a lot when it comes to pricing, dropping and giving things. That way I won't give away my Peripleko's Eye every time I try to give someone a specific enchantment.



    Maite
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardPosts: 366Member, Administrator, Immortal admin
    If you check HELP SHOPKEEPING it'll tell you how you can get around it.

  • TeaniTeani Evening Sky SwedenPosts: 1,860Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Keroc When most other things are streamlined to make it more intuitive, why does this have to have a work-around, though? 



  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardPosts: 366Member, Administrator, Immortal admin
    I'm not really sure I follow the train of thought here. I don't really have any issues with additional aliases for items if that's what you mean, but I'm not really seeing the relation to the recent shop changes.

  • ErzsebetErzsebet Posts: 1,104Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9
    Bluntly, while I'm sure they were necessary, the recent shop changes have made running a shop a royal pain in the unicorns. You used to be able to use the normal commands and some basic logic to extrapolate how to do things without needing to dig up the commands from a multitude of helpfiles. Now the normal commands don't work, things that used to work on both ends don't work, and everything we used to know is backwards.
    imageimage
  • SatomiSatomi Posts: 230Member ✭✭✭
    Can we add a way for comms to be pulled directly out of the comm shop by the commodity minister? It's slightly frustrating (from a security standpoint) of having to throw a bunch of resources on the market meant for a bulk purchase and potentially have it snagged by someone with millions of gold who happens upon it.

  • EowynEowyn SomewherePosts: 36Member ✭✭✭
    Satomi said:

    Can we add a way for comms to be pulled directly out of the comm shop by the commodity minister? It's slightly frustrating (from a security standpoint) of having to throw a bunch of resources on the market meant for a bulk purchase and potentially have it snagged by someone with millions of gold who happens upon it.

    Odd question, because I never do it, but couldn't you technically consign them to the quartermaster and get them from there? People don't notice that as easily, and you can lock the room off in many cases.
  • SatomiSatomi Posts: 230Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 10
    Spinesreach has no room for City Comms, to my knowledge... -nixed-

    Tons of reading and digging through dozens of files has brought me the information that consigning to the quartermaster makes it usable by War and Security ministries. Considering I've been unable to find/see this stock, I am assuming I don't have access to it unless informed otherwise.

    I'd still like a way to just pull comms out without having to compromise my slowly dwindling supply.

  • AxiusAxius where I amPosts: 170Member ✭✭✭
    double post because this came up a bit ago:

    Apparently trying to do EAT PLATE tries to prioritize worn platemail over FOOD?

    ...wtf! Shouldn't it be the opposite?
    Zaila
  • TeaniTeani Evening Sky SwedenPosts: 1,860Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axius said:
    double post because this came up a bit ago: Apparently trying to do EAT PLATE tries to prioritize worn platemail over FOOD? ...wtf! Shouldn't it be the opposite?


    Maybe your character has preferences you don't know about? Maybe he's hoping that some day, just one day, when he tries the plate mail, it will be an edible kind? 



  • KelliaraKelliara Posts: 472Member ✭✭✭✭
    Teani said:


    Axius said:

    double post because this came up a bit ago:

    Apparently trying to do EAT PLATE tries to prioritize worn platemail over FOOD?

    ...wtf! Shouldn't it be the opposite?


    Maybe your character has preferences you don't know about? Maybe he's hoping that some day, just one day, when he tries the plate mail, it will be an edible kind? 



    Chocolate armour. It will be a thing.

    Just don't wear it in Bloodloch or Enorian.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Chibi-Kelli by @Eleanor.
  • TozToz Posts: 2,164Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a dream that one day ARMOR CUSTOMIZATION RUNES will be in and someone can do that :(
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I'll still never forget the first time I saw Toz throwing hammers."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I freaked out and thought they had somehow managed to pull me into them."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "So I tumbled away from my team and into theirs."


  • MykellahMykellah EnorianPosts: 52Member ✭✭
    Every time I go to buy elixers/etc I have to look up the syntax, same for design stuff. It's much harder than it needs to be. Why can't we just have it be BUY [thing] like every other IRE MUD?

    "Courage is the soul of life"
  • TiurTiur Producer Posts: 296Member, Administrator, Immortal admin
    Because our crafting system is way bigger and more complicated than the others. BUY only works if there's one instance of that thing, with no modifiers or other versions.

    I mean, we could try it? But you might buy the wrong thing a lot.
    Eowyn
  • EowynEowyn SomewherePosts: 36Member ✭✭✭
    For example, try to buy a vial. Several are in stock and there are also designs. It would buy the pre-made ones and not any designs before. Try to use empty for that? Nah, man, you get a cauldron. Try by elixir? Might get a vial with it, might try to buy the cask and tell you that you can't. The current system, while not perfect and a bit frustrating, is much more solid with our setup.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardPosts: 366Member, Administrator, Immortal admin
    Just a small tip, but if you turn on MXP then you can simply click on an item you'd like to buy and you'll either complete the transaction or be given a syntax on how to do so.

    You can also type BUY alone, and it'll give you a quick run down of syntaxes, so you can avoid digging through help files.

    ErzsebetDidi
Sign In or Register to comment.