Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• Also! Also!

Currently, if Jim is not in the room the command SAY TO JIM Hi! will show:

Jaeger says "To jim Hi!"

Can we change it to use the same targeting as emotes. So you would have to type "SAY TO $JIM Hi!" and if Jim wasn't in the room you would just see "There is no one here by that name."

Not trying to spam this thread, I just keep seeing little things like this that could be improved.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Jaeger said:

Also! Also!

Currently, if Jim is not in the room the command SAY TO JIM Hi! will show:

Jaeger says "To jim Hi!"

Can we change it to use the same targeting as emotes. So you would have to type "SAY TO $JIM Hi!" and if Jim wasn't in the room you would just see "There is no one here by that name."

Not trying to spam this thread, I just keep seeing little things like this that could be improved.

SAYTO (without a space) will let you check in this manner.
    ZailaJaegerCaolan
  • Jaeger said:

Not mine, but can everyone please go and express support for this idea!!

Idea #630 Section: unassigned Support: 5
    2017/07/25 23:57:30: The ability to buy more then one refill for fluidcache at a time. BUY (number) REFILL OF (thing) FOR FLUIDCACHE

:(

Idea #606 Section: unassigned Support: 1
    2017/07/02 10:28:58: Adding another syntax to the BUY command to allow bulk elixir/poultice refills for fluidcache, unless I've missed that command somewhere.

ideasupport 630
    You have expressed your support for Idea #630.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• AxiusAxius where I am
    well, why not Idea 789?

Idea #789 Section: unassigned Support: 2
    2017/09/23 04:40:13: Venatium crafting boon tools and fishing poles that have to
    be WIELDed to gain the benefits of should be able to be stowed in weaponbelts
    just like Codexes, Scalpels, and Scythes, these things are often swapped through
    often enough that being able to SECURE them would make for an easier, less
    tedious time.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    So, I'm tired of seeing people online in CWHO or in WHO and then try to get their attention but not being able to because they are idle/afk. So, to combat this, here's my idea.

Forced timed logouts..... this could be done if a person has been in a single room for X amount of time. Say after 60 minutes of being in a room, the game has an NPC that sends a tell to the player with a math equation. The type of math equation and the way its worded will be various and different so no script can be built against it. The player will then have 1 minute to respond to this NPC with the correct answer. If you don't answer or are incorrect, you get disconnected.

Obviously, this will have no impact on those who are actually at the computer roleplaying or crafting or what have you, because even if you're wrong, you'll just reconnect anyway.

This will essentially stop people from being logged in when they're obviously sleeping or at work, but making it appear like they are in the game. Just a thought.

ErzsebetSivekui
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    edited September 2017
    Rhyot said:

So, I'm tired of seeing people online in CWHO or in WHO and then try to get their attention but not being able to because they are idle/afk. So, to combat this, here's my idea.

Forced timed logouts..... this could be done if a person has been in a single room for X amount of time. Say after 60 minutes of being in a room, the game has an NPC that sends a tell to the player with a math equation. The type of math equation and the way its worded will be various and different so no script can be built against it. The player will then have 1 minute to respond to this NPC with the correct answer. If you don't answer or are incorrect, you get disconnected.

Obviously, this will have no impact on those who are actually at the computer roleplaying or crafting or what have you, because even if you're wrong, you'll just reconnect anyway.

This will essentially stop people from being logged in when they're obviously sleeping or at work, but making it appear like they are in the game. Just a thought.

counterproposal: make them open PK

(E2A: this was a joke, to be clear)
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Caolan
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Rhyot said:

well, a true Idle person, I think, should be logged out or such, but if someone is there for hours in the same room doing RP, actively doing tells and what not, then I see no reason to kick someone from the game.

I think being truly idle in the game, should be illegal against the game rules and enforced. Not sure the math problem is a solution though.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • When I play at night even though 80% of my city is afk having them around on CWHO at least makes me feel like I am not alone.
    Typically In Game: JST (GMT+9) 6AM-8AM and 6PM-10PM
    VyxsisMacavityDidiArbreZailaMharduz
  • Forcing math on people is not the solution. Remember that this game markets to people as low as 13 years of age.

• I have like an hour to play a night overall. I often have to abruptly afk and I don't know when I'll be back but RL matters more than your feefees. If I got booted/timed out every time a mini-emergency came up, with how shitty gold/getting new gear is, I'd have to quit playing.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Zaila
  • 1+1= no.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Rhyot - Oh, Ishin, I was trying to talk to you on CT earlier. Then I tried tells. Why didn't you answer your lovely local Overlord, huh? Too good for it, are we? Well, here, have a CDF and if you do it again, I'll give you a PK death too.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    SaritaVashXenia
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Since the change to shop commands, some things have become quite a nuisance. There are certain items that cannot be priced as a group, but has to be priced individually. It used to be that if you priced one item, all the others of the same template were automatically added. Without this function, pricing certain things with general names can be a bother.

For example, the shimmering orbs (concealment enchantment) is known as an orb, but so are Parxian orbs of different colors. The Parxian orbs can be targeted using their colors, but the shimmering orb does not have that option. The same goes for the Lanos eye (discernment enchantment) which cannot be targeted simply as eye, because then you will end up messing with eye sigils or bull's eyes. It would be neat if they could be given specific names that work intuituvely, like "shimmeringorb" and "lanoseye". This would help a lot when it comes to pricing, dropping and giving things. That way I won't give away my Peripleko's Eye every time I try to give someone a specific enchantment.

Maite
    If you check HELP SHOPKEEPING it'll tell you how you can get around it.
    @Keroc When most other things are streamlined to make it more intuitive, why does this have to have a work-around, though? 

I'm not really sure I follow the train of thought here. I don't really have any issues with additional aliases for items if that's what you mean, but I'm not really seeing the relation to the recent shop changes.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited October 2017
    Bluntly, while I'm sure they were necessary, the recent shop changes have made running a shop a royal pain in the ass. You used to be able to use the normal commands and some basic logic to extrapolate how to do things without needing to dig up the commands from a multitude of helpfiles. Now the normal commands don't work, things that used to work on both ends don't work, and everything we used to know is backwards.
    imageimage
  • Can we add a way for comms to be pulled directly out of the comm shop by the commodity minister? It's slightly frustrating (from a security standpoint) of having to throw a bunch of resources on the market meant for a bulk purchase and potentially have it snagged by someone with millions of gold who happens upon it.

• EowynEowyn Somewhere
    Satomi said:

Can we add a way for comms to be pulled directly out of the comm shop by the commodity minister? It's slightly frustrating (from a security standpoint) of having to throw a bunch of resources on the market meant for a bulk purchase and potentially have it snagged by someone with millions of gold who happens upon it.

Odd question, because I never do it, but couldn't you technically consign them to the quartermaster and get them from there? People don't notice that as easily, and you can lock the room off in many cases.
  • edited October 2017
    Spinesreach has no room for City Comms, to my knowledge... -nixed-

Tons of reading and digging through dozens of files has brought me the information that consigning to the quartermaster makes it usable by War and Security ministries. Considering I've been unable to find/see this stock, I am assuming I don't have access to it unless informed otherwise.

I'd still like a way to just pull comms out without having to compromise my slowly dwindling supply.

• AxiusAxius where I am
    Interacting with furniture: It can be a little annoying when you decide you wanna move your furniture around, you get just the perfect table, couch, or bed, but later decide you want it in another room, and what do you have to do? You have to either go and buy another (along with a mushroom sigil) to move it, or you have to poke at godmin for the ones that have Varnish on 'em.

Why not be able to PUSH that COUCH NORTHEAST so that you move it into the room northeast of the current one?

Or maybe PULL that COUCH WEST?
    ZailaSessizlikTeaniDidiSatomiErzsebetXeniaLin
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    double post because this came up a bit ago:

Apparently trying to do EAT PLATE tries to prioritize worn platemail over FOOD?

...wtf! Shouldn't it be the opposite?
    Zaila
    Axius said:
    double post because this came up a bit ago: Apparently trying to do EAT PLATE tries to prioritize worn platemail over FOOD? ...wtf! Shouldn't it be the opposite?

Maybe your character has preferences you don't know about? Maybe he's hoping that some day, just one day, when he tries the plate mail, it will be an edible kind? 

• Teani said:

Axius said:

double post because this came up a bit ago:

Apparently trying to do EAT PLATE tries to prioritize worn platemail over FOOD?

...wtf! Shouldn't it be the opposite?

Maybe your character has preferences you don't know about? Maybe he's hoping that some day, just one day, when he tries the plate mail, it will be an edible kind? 

Chocolate armour. It will be a thing.

Just don't wear it in Bloodloch or Enorian.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • I have a dream that one day ARMOR CUSTOMIZATION RUNES will be in and someone can do that :(

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Every time I go to buy elixers/etc I have to look up the syntax, same for design stuff. It's much harder than it needs to be. Why can't we just have it be BUY [thing] like every other IRE MUD?
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Because our crafting system is way bigger and more complicated than the others. BUY only works if there's one instance of that thing, with no modifiers or other versions.

I mean, we could try it? But you might buy the wrong thing a lot.
    Eowyn
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    For example, try to buy a vial. Several are in stock and there are also designs. It would buy the pre-made ones and not any designs before. Try to use empty for that? Nah, man, you get a cauldron. Try by elixir? Might get a vial with it, might try to buy the cask and tell you that you can't. The current system, while not perfect and a bit frustrating, is much more solid with our setup.
    Just a small tip, but if you turn on MXP then you can simply click on an item you'd like to buy and you'll either complete the transaction or be given a syntax on how to do so.

You can also type BUY alone, and it'll give you a quick run down of syntaxes, so you can avoid digging through help files.
    ErzsebetDidi
  • KodazaKodaza Los Angeles
    Can IGNORE hide people from WHO lists? I'd rather not be on edge wondering if they're going to try to circumvent and communicate with me somehow. And sometimes it actually feels even less safe, because the person can walk into the room and interact with the things I say without me even knowing.

Silenced communication is one thing, but I'd rather not even know if the person's online to begin with.

RhyotAxiusVyxsisXeniaTeaniSigmundKarhastIllikaal