Quotes & Misquotes: Falling Off of Bridges

Comments

• *Runas' whole post*

@Runas, you beautiful, magnificent bastard.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• Normally I do not like to quote myself, but I could not pass up my struggles with posing an item.

pose cake274236 Carefully wrapped with fine paper, smell of a cake wafts over the area.
    Your custom pose must include the '^' symbol.

(Then I go mindlessly alright, let us put ^ instead of cake)

pose cake274236 Carefully wrapped with fine paper, smell of ^ wafts over the area.
    Your pose is now set as:
    Cake274236 Carefully wrapped with fine paper, smell of Kalak wafts over the area.
    MarienaZailaAxiusArbreSear
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    I fail just as much as Maizin does. I had to try commands to find it. But, thought it was funny.

(Tells): In the back of your mind, you hear Maizin saying to you, "I know this is dumb, but how do I
    see a list of city enemies?"

(Tells): You tell Maizin, "Uh."
    H:5800 M:4606 E:27716 W:23400 B:100% XP:30% [csdb eb]city enemies
    What city-related command would you like to perform?
    H:5800 M:4606 E:27716 W:23400 B:100% XP:30% [csdb eb]cityenemies
    Usage: CITYENEMIES ALL|DORMANT|

(Tells): You tell Maizin, "CITYENEMIES should help."

(Tells): In the back of your mind, you hear Maizin saying to you, "//mother ducker."

(Tells): In the back of your mind, you hear Maizin saying to you, "//quack."

(Tells): You tell Maizin, "(( when all else fails, shove words together ))"

(Tells): In the back of your mind, you hear Maizin saying to you, "//yeah it was the damn spce."

(Tells): You tell Maizin, "(( THey just love to unf each other. UNF UNF UNF ))"

(Tells): In the back of your mind, you hear Maizin saying to you, "//rofl."
    HavenKasimirVashPazradymRhyot
  • RodalaRodala Houston, TX
    "Ashayth, Librarian of the Spirean Archives finishes the lesson in Herbalism with a
    satisfied swallow."

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ZailaRunasSibattiDidiBenedictoLin
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited September 2017
    Bit of a running joke at the Inner Gates is @Nenelos calling his citymates food. Tekias picked up on a pattern of who he calls food and who he doesn't, and...

A nightmarish figure chews thoughtfully on Amarita.

A nightmarish figure says, "I found a food thing."

Petulantly, Helper Engineer Oisynne Mallore says, "I thought I was the food thing."

A nightmarish figure says, "But it decayed... so I will have to settle for chewing on citymates."

Amarita smirks.

(Market): Oisynne says, "Seeking food things for my bestest Nenelos!"

You say to a nightmarish figure, "Alright, for the last time...say it with me...Sci-o-man-cer. Not food thing. Sciomancer."

A nightmarish figure utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Amarita's eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Zruak says to you, "Food."

Amarita Uymari says to you, "Apparently I've been demoted to food."

A nightmarish figure says, "You may pronounce it 'sciomancer'. But I still spell it F-O-O-D."
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

VashRunasTeani
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    23:56:26.931 ---[ OOC ANNOUNCEMENT ]-----------------------------( 2017/10/12 04:56:27 )---
    23:56:26.932 I might be about to make some lag. Please find a safe place. You have one minute.
    23:56:26.933 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    23:57:16.293 Running in from the southeast comes an older Syssin guard.
    23:57:20.923 An older Syssin guard runs out to the north.
    23:57:49.213 ---[ OOC ANNOUNCEMENT ]-----------------------------( 2017/10/12 04:57:50 )---
    23:57:49.214 And done. Thank you for patience.
    23:57:49.215 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like that guard had the wrong idea? Was running for cover?
    Zaila
  • This was pasted to me on skype:

You have been awarded with a mislaid, imported crate!
    Having slain an indigo nightfire butterfly, you retrieve the corpse.
    imageimage
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    A stoic Sentaari monk lunges at Vyxsis with a mouth full of bared teeth, biting into her leg.

The standards of Tekura have certainly evolved since the Sentaari moved to Duiran.
    ArbreRunasPazradymZailaHavenVyxsisNola
  • I bet it was the right leg, too.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

HavenHammarPeriluna
  • Sibatti said:

A stoic Sentaari monk lunges at Vyxsis with a mouth full of bared teeth, biting into her leg.

The standards of Tekura have certainly evolved since the Sentaari moved to Duiran.

i'm disappointed that you neglected to mention how i ran into the shop, tried to check WARES, and upon being denied, exclaimed, "Oh no, I cannot buy figurines!"

then i died
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• (Market): Zaila says, "Smoker's Den v4970 - now selling bolgsacks! wlk ahahaha - imma do this
    https://pomp-berry.deviantart.com/art/Cosplay-Cleavage-Tutorial-363874640."

Headache Master Zaila Tenor's voice resonates across the land, "OH NO I AM SO SORRY!"

@Zaila LOVE YOU aHAHAHA
    Haven
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    So I've been buying stuffing all day.... and everyone was keeping it PG, until this happens.

18:46:42 (Tells): Mileta whispers into your consciousness, "You were
    looking for stuffing, no?""
    18:52:46 (Tells): You tell Mileta, "Of course."
    18:53:01 (Tells): Mileta whispers into your consciousness, "I have gotten two stuffings now."

@Mileta You made me laugh, thank you so much for that. :D

• KodazaKodaza Los Angeles
    (If you haven't seen Spines' cultural exhibit yet, this is a bit of a spoiler. But well-played, Ascendril, well-played.)

----------------------------------------
    Mumbling to herself as she continues to circle the chamber, Alecia says, "I'll finally solve it, yes... I'll finally find the LINK! Glory to the Conclaves, yes! Science and Magic... ALL OF THEM!"

Stopping short near the entrance of the hall, Magister Shachalai says, "Uh..."

Nixia says, "Orrery."

With a quizzical, perhaps conniving glance, Alecia says, "What does it doooo?"

"It's a fantastic model, this here. THE PLANES," Alecia intones, coming to stand at the side of the delicate orrery, the apparatus appearing mighty small at her side. "The new ones, the new Scientists, they did something here! They MADE this. Just give it a -little- poke, it could kill you. I truly do very much recommend it!"

Shachalai gives an antipsychotic pill to Alecia, the Obsessed.

DidiHavenAymahXeniaIstela
  • [HINT]: A hunter clad in furs has a quest you have yet to undertake!

You nod your head at a hunter clad in furs.
    A hunter clad in furs says, "What? Did you come to ask me about the hunt?"

You say, "Hunt?"
    A hunter clad in furs says, "You can help us hunters out by bringing some of the
    inlet's animals to us. A hunter doesn't carry much coin on him, but I'll pay you
    as much as I can afford to."
    You have received a quest! Check out QUEST ALAQSII_ANIMALS for more information.
    An arctic wolf says, "You can help us hunters out by bringing some of the
    inlet's animals to us. A hunter doesn't carry much coin on him, but I'll pay you
    as much as I can afford to."
    TeaniZailaEowyn
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Wolves are carnivores too!
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Who would eat a car? They're loaded with carbs.
    XeniaKelliara
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Wylliam says to you, "And I don't see any living goats, bears or eagles, where are the animals that roamed the wilds? Without them, the whole natural state of the Shamatato is in danger."

ROFL!!!!!

VyxsisZailaEowynCaolanXeniaIstela
  • Rhyot said:

Wylliam says to you, "And I don't see any living goats, bears or eagles, where are the animals that roamed the wilds? Without them, the whole natural state of the Shamatato is in danger."

ROFL!!!!!

the answer, of course, is: no, they're a sham
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    (The Silverain Dominion): Jami says, "Where do you want it."

(The Silverain Dominion): Lexen says, "Between the eyes?"

Context is overrated.
    Zaila
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    edited February 2018
    When targeted emotes tags make you a lot more fresh than anticipated:

Rivas makes no attempt to hide his eyeroll at you. "Hell above, there's just no gray area with you, is there?" he teases, moving to Mariena and slipping his hand in her.
    TeaniXeniaEvalyneMarienaBenedictoRum
  • KodazaKodaza Los Angeles
    Context: Kadal won some of the Chakrasulentine's Day contests. One potential, optional prize was a date with @Callidora among other things. Kodaza came to deliver Kadal's gifts.

"Now, besides that, though. The winner also had a choice between Tina and Callidora. You can have Tina take you out and get any honors line you like, or show you any quest. Or, you can have Callidora take you out. Out on a date, I mean, a romantic..." She trails off. "Dinner?" She taps her cheek. "Do vampires eat dinner together? Never mind, I don't want to know. In any case."

You say to Kadal, "You actually won twice, so you can have one of each, or two trips with one."

That, of all things, seems to increase the agitation with which Kadal scrubs at his cheek with his palm, circling slowly again and again, more firmly than before. "I." He gets a single word out, blinking rapidly a few times. "Oh." Then, very carefully, he guesses, "The Primus is as far. Away from me, as. As it gets. In rank? I think it would. Be bad, to do that. I don't know that- I guess. Tina then? For. For both." With a snap, his hand drops from his face and falls to in front of him, clasped with his left quickly as he tries to hold off the fidgeting.

You have emoted: Kodaza lifts an eyebrow. "Hmmm." She mulls this over, hands on her hips, then nods. "Alright. I will inform both of them," she says. "Hopefully Callidora won't be tooooooo disappointed. A private audience with the Primus, as equals, seems a good chance to advance in stature with your house, I would have thought. But, I don't understand all the complications of vampire... business."

Callidora's thoughts fill your head, "I suppose no one wanted to go on a date with me for winning the contest!"

You say, "Oh, there she is now."
    You have emoted: Kodaza taps her forehead.

Callidora's thoughts fill your head, "NO WONDER ALL THESE SUITORS HAVE BROKEN HEARTS."

Vyxsis
  • In the middle of RP, the entire game crashed. When we all logged back in:

[10:28 AM] Shaith:

Mihaketi experiences a moment of crushing existential uncertainty. What is real? Who are you? Who are they? What is a fish?

Shachalai's eyes oscillate rapidly through a variety of colors. Focus returns abruptly to her. She clears her throat.

You have emoted: Magnhild hiccups, looks mortified, and slaps a hand over her mouth.
    KodazaZailaTeaniSilena
  • (Tells): Trikal tells you, "You pretty much have to kill him like Xenia used to always hunt."

(Tells): Trikal tells you, "With no care for your life and the expectation of certain death."

See @Xenia? You're famous! :wink:
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    XeniaTrikalArbreTeaniPazradymRhyotRum
  • You feel the very warmth leeched from your body as the raw power of the shadow essence chills you to your core.
    You feel the very warmth leeched from your body as the raw power of the shadow essence chills you to your core.
    You feel the very warmth leeched from your body as the raw power of the shadow essence chills you to your core.

You drop a globe of gloaming shadow.

he Divine voice of Razmael echoes in your head, "Well I thought it would be funny to have you die as punishment by giving you a bunch of orbs, but you noticed too quick and now Keroc is yelling at me. Sorry!"
    You tell Razmael, "Ahaha, all good I woulda laughed."
    You tell Keroc, "Don't be too mad at Razmael!"

A massive rumbling precedes an obscenely large flood of essence orbs descending directly upon you. You barely have time to yell out before you are crushed to a pulp under the weight of the flood.
    You have been slain by an obscenely huge flood of essence orbs.
    You were not afflicted.
    Experience Lost: 7500 [total: 2623576]
    You reel in your line and cease fishing.

The Divine voice of Keroc echoes in your head, "Ahem, well. Yeah. Still! Use BUG for anything that seems like it's probably not intended."
    The Divine voice of Keroc echoes in your head, "That's all!"
    You tell Keroc, "Very good!"
    RazmaelZailaOonaghSilenaDidiEvalyneVyxsisRum
  • Talonnb said:

You reel in your line and cease fishing.

Priorities

EvalyneZaila
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    edited March 2018
    edit: diplomacy over, i'm not giving this celani positive attention anymore

ElliotTekiasEvalyneAishiaSofielEowynShachalaiDidi
  • So exp loss changes - little harsh bro!

You move forward toward the giant mirror, marveling at its size and perfectly flat, unmarred
    reflective surface. Strangely, you can see nothing reflected in the mirror, but it may be some trick
    of the light from this angle.
    You sigh in frustration as you fall to the level of 122.
    A sense of disappointment overcomes you!
    You sigh in frustration as you fall to the level of 121.
    You sigh in frustration as you fall to the level of 120.
    You sigh in frustration as you fall to the level of 119.
    You sigh in frustration as you fall to the level of 118.
    You sigh in frustration as you fall to the level of 117.
    You sigh in frustration as you fall to the level of 116.
    You sigh in frustration as you fall to the level of 115.
    Experience Lost: 0 [total: 731258]
    TozVyxsisDidiOonaghRhyot
  • ElliotElliot Australia
    I love @Ethne!

We had a little ascension event that was real fun and adds some extra depth to Elliot, which I really appreciate.

Full log:
    Ethne says to you, "As Rasani suggested, the process of Ascension is akin to working a forge- the crafting of a new flesh by embracing a part of Divine essence. Tearing away of your former self."

Her tone severe, Ethne says, "And you will find yourself tested. Ascension is an effort of will more than a gift- your will. Are you prepared for this, Elliot?"

Flames lick across Elliot's skin, instinctively taking hold of his Inner Spark in anticipation. "I will become something better," he agrees. "I have been eager for this, my Lady."

Ethne nods slowly, with an eye to each of those gathered. With a flip of Her hand, She spins a hammer-pommeled broadsword over the top of the anvil before belting it at Her side. Removing the straps of an anvil kite shield, She stows it away as well.

Ethne places Her palms together over the Forge, almost in mediation. A few embers ignite from it, and Ethne gathers them together in Her hands, shaping them into a sphere of brightly dancing fire. An ember, shining with brilliant intensity.

Taking a few steps toward you, Ethne holds the ember just out of reach. "Hold out your hand," She instructs.

Raising his eyes to look plainly upon Ethne, Elliot extends his hand. There is a faint, but noticeable, quiver in the motion, but when it is over, he stands steady and firm, if somewhat tense.

Ethne gives a brightly glowing ember to you.

As the burning piece of flame touches the palm of your hand, a flash of intense pain shoots from your hand. The sensation spreads along your arm, coursing up your spine in a moment of blinding, white light. Your first instinct is to cast the spark away- and yet, the beauty and perfection of the fire compels you to clutch it more tightly.

Elliot's own flames wink out as he exhales with a shock of breath, the agonising heat tearing into his hand and arm. Beads of sweat break out all over him, and he grits his teeth until his jaw is as tense as stone, his fingers curling over the ember, even as it burns him.

Beginning to grow, the flaming ember spreading upwards as it wreathes around your arms, consuming your flesh. The pain lingers, but the heat has become... almost tolerable. Your mind grows heavy, peaceful, as you feel both part of and separate from the flame.

Gradually, Elliot's muscles begin to visibly relax, growing lax as his eyes drift, not quite closed, but unfocused. It is as if the strength has gone out of him, save for the singular exertion of gripping the ember.

As your thoughts grow heavier- almost sleepy- You hear voice in the back of your mind. It doesn't sound like the Goddess, but colder, and dark: Power is yours to claim, mortal, to be wielded according to your whim. Cast off the weakness within yourself- and those around you. That is your desire...

Elliot's breath deepens into something smooth and entranced, but his brow furrows into a slight frown at something he cannot see. Still, his face is mostly calm, giving little hint to what is ensuing within.

Elliot just thought: Do I have the right to cast off any weakness but my own?

"Yes!" The voice speaks again, in that same cold tone. "Weakness is a burden. If you desire power, then shed those who would stand in your path. Speak it... you will have all you want, and more..."

Ethne waits patiently, watching as the flames surround you. Her own expression is unreadable.

Elliot's chin juts forward, just slightly, though he remains slack and largely expressionless. A small sound of disapproval sounds from his throat, formless and unpronounced.

Elliot just thought: I do not want power that comes from turning aside my peers. They give me strength as well.

Your thoughts clear, the flames begin to recede- not cooling, but you find you no longer feel their searing heat. You feel warm. Whole, and seeing the world anew, with a spark of the Divine within your form.

Screams of pain ring with triumph as Elliot is forged anew as a Yeleni.

Ethne, the Rekindled has invited you to join the Divine Order of Ethne, the Rekindled and awaits a response.
    AGREE if you wish to join the order.

Ethne grants you entrance into Her Order. Congratulations!

As he ascends to the form of Yeleni, Elliot's eyes brighten with cognizance once more and he lets out a pained, hoarse yell. He stumbles on the spot, but when he straightens, he is more - he glows, criss-crossed with flame-hued scars erupting along his flesh.

Elliot catches his breath slowly, looking down upon his hand as he opens it, admiring the unburnt skin. "Thank you, Lady Ethne," he repeats aloud, his voice hushed with something akin to awe. "That was... determining."

Ethne says, with a chuckle, "It is a rare sight. You did well, Elliot."

You tell Ethne, "What of the ember, my Lady?"

Raising an eye, Ethne says to you, "What of it?"

You say, "Is it consumed? Is there something I should return to the Forge?"

Ethne says to you, "It will remain a part of you, for so long as you retain this form."

Elliot looks down upon the glow of his form, exhaling slowly. His eyes snapping back up to Ethne, he affirms, "I will bear it with pride, then."

Studying you a moment, Ethne murmurs, "Indeed, I have faith you will."

He is a typical Yeleni of Human heritage. Tall, imposing, and well-toned, he stands at roughly six feet and two inches in height. His skin glows with a faint, inner luminescence, offset by a criss-crossing of scars. These imperfections are lit in pale shades of orange and rich gold. The effect is eerie, but not unattractive- It lends to the appearance of being perpetually ringed with fire, somewhere on the boundary between mortal and divine. His hair is the colour of burnished, golden bronze, and is kept short, his fringe upturned to disguise a barely visible cowlick. His figure strikes an impressive form, with distinctive reddish-gold irises and the perpetual fragrance of woodsmoke lingering around him. Sparks of ember fall in his wake, revealing the blessing of Ethne.

Thank you also to everyone that attended! That was fun.

@Shachalai @Taaroshi @Rasani @Phoenecia
    Didi