Short Questions

Comments

• @Zarnton unfortunately - or perhaps fortunately - combat in Aetolia generally involves a lot of automation, and Templar is a class that really benefits from a bit of code-wizardry. this means, for the most part, your reader doesn't necessarily have to keep up! there are lots of different systems and affliction trackers floating around out there. you may want to ask @Dzekk whether he can point you toward something appropriate for Templar, and he can likely give general advice on coding needs and combat strategy for the class, as well.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• edited October 2017
    I would like to ask about the drop rate of Star Chart in General Set 4 (since it is mentioned among potential pieces at the website). I have opened likely 17 crates stamped with number 5 so far did not get any piece of it. While I got 7 piece of this:

ID: star - a four-pointed star of the Priesthood

Is this normal? Did I get extremely unlucky?

Edit: Seems like it is rare. We can scratch the question indeed.
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    @Zarnton - if it makes you feel any better, those of us who can see really  can't keep up with it, either. From the occasions that I have attempted to engage in combat, I would say it is the visual equivalent of listening to a recording of a livestock auctioneer who's voice has been sped up times 5. So you really need to build a system with some big flashy warnings for any important information and you just zone out through most else.
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    edited October 2017
    Well, if I may recommend, if you can, the ability involved and required for tracking what your enemies cure are gained in one of two ways, an enchantment known as a Lanos' Eye, and the Trans ability of Vision known as Discernment.

Now, I don't know exactly how the reader works, honestly, but I might see if gagging extraneous, spammy and unnecessary-for-combat lines would help with pacing, and swapping out important lines with short one-or-two word references would speed up your accessibility for your reader.

Things like [Hit: Epseth] to indicate you've connected with the Epseth poison. It'd just take a bit more memorization on your part to compensate for the reader.

Edit: Please note that I am in no way a competent coder, and the most you can attribute to me is being a code monkey who at best can learn to adapt other people's code by breaking and fixing it. As in, I can code basic gag lines and stuff as I suggested, but GMCP is way above my level of understanding, even after several people have explained and shown me exactly how it works. I'm not really competent enough to explain why coding something one ways works, I just know it does, and it irks the everloving crap out of so many coders who have worked with me, because I will break it, fix it, and grasp what works and the ways it works, but not why it works those ways. I am also not a combatant of any noteworthiness, I've not even begun to step foot into the combat scene in Aetolia, the last time I was a combatant of any potential value was back in MKO, where the systems were simplified enough that about eight to fourteen keybindings were enough of an offense for a few of the classes to get you into the middling tier at level 80 without any real artifacts.

As the saying goes: Monkeys and Typewriters, given enough time, can and will eventually write Shakespeare.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Kalak said:

I would like to ask about the drop rate of Star Chart in General Set 4 (since it is mentioned among potential pieces at the website). I have opened likely 17 crates stamped with number 5 so far did not get any piece of it. While I got 7 piece of this:

ID: star - a four-pointed star of the Priesthood

Is this normal? Did I get extremely unlucky?

Edit: Seems like it is rare. We can scratch the question indeed.

Hm, I'll investigate, but it's not rare. You should pretty much have an equal chance for all of the pieces in there. I opened a few and found it all working correctly. I think you have weird luck? Contact me if it continues being that consistent.
  • Thanks you guys. One other question, how do I fix a locked char? From past interactions, you can't ask for group hunts, you helping with someone your level, not being dragged around, without being called a "lazy asshole."
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Just ask. Most people nowadays will take others hunting so long as you do a little RP with them. Sort of a trade off.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    As long as you don't demand people to drag you around, it's alright to ask. Some people might offer to lend you their artifacts to help you hunt on your own if they don't have time to go out with you.

• KasimirKasimir Clearwater, FL
    The Forgotten Mausoleum.

The undead dwarves here still stick themselves with analeptic and eat kidney slices. That worth addressing?

This place also seems harder than the XP provides to me.
  • Kasimir said:

Speaking as someone trying to do a lot of levelling to get to endgame right now, XP gains for places are all over the place.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Kasimir said:

The Forgotten Mausoleum.

The undead dwarves here still stick themselves with analeptic and eat kidney slices. That worth addressing?

This is actually intentional. Dwarves also have a second-wind skill where when you kill them they will rise up and continue attacking. You have to kill each dwarf twice. Good xp though.

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    @Rhyot - I think his point was that they're seen trying to utilize the old curatives instead of the new ones.
    Kasimir
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Oh.... guess I just overlooked that and associated analeptic to health. My bad!! LOL

Zaila
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    For people who may have traded in crates, do all the ones that dropped in game without an expiration have a 0 credit value?
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    Sarita said:

For people who may have traded in crates, do all the ones that dropped in game without an expiration have a 0 credit value?

Yes. They're not intended to tradein for anything.
  • when looking at the shop directory, how is order of listing organized?

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    @Tiur @Admins

Is it possible to delete the sun line for having 100% blood? It does nothing more than just cause spam every 7 seconds to those of the undead as a mere reminder that "Hey, you're undead."

Sure, we can do a deleteLine() or a #gag to get rid of the line on our visible prompt, but then you still get every prompt line which is just an absurb amount of spam.

Erzsebet
  • Rhyot said:

@Tiur @Admins

Is it possible to delete the sun line for having 100% blood? It does nothing more than just cause spam every 7 seconds to those of the undead as a mere reminder that "Hey, you're undead."

Sure, we can do a deleteLine() or a #gag to get rid of the line on our visible prompt, but then you still get every prompt line which is just an absurb amount of spam.

If you do deleteFull() in Mudlet it deletes the following prompt too.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Rhyot
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Rhyot said:

@Tiur @Admins

Nope.
  • So. Recently had a haven entry rejected for saying that the character vanishes, because it leaves a shell now.

So the question is...if you can't say you vanish/disappear/etc what is the entrance supposed to look like/say? The default still says when you open your eyes you're standing in your haven.
    imageimage
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    just because a shell remains doesn't mean you don't vanish anyways! a million peoples messages still say crap like that. Seems nitpicky.
    Erzsebet
  • Yeah. Agreed, re: nitpicky. YOU still vanish, even if there's still a shell left behind. 18/20 of mine say something in that vein. And the other two are the default messages which says something similar. Unfortunately, can't argue with haven rejections, so trying to get insight as to what it's supposed to be now if we can't do that anymore.
    imageimage
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Since Tek's a crystalline shell containing elemental and ylem energies, my haven entrance has the energies falling still and draining away as he concentrates, then the ylem stops glowing as he departs, leaving behind just a crystal statue. Then again, I gained haven access after the change to leave a shell, so I never had to deal with that change.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• The majority are legacies grandfathered to the new Haven/Shell set up.

We could certainly delete all of them and have everyone resubmit.

Otherwise? Your attention/consciousness departs but the body remains, and there needs to be a thread of consistency there.
    Mykellah
  • How in the heck does the following work, then?
    - Furniture moved to a haven
    - Dying in a haven
    - Eating/drinking in a haven
    - Taking someone ELSE to a haven
    - Room echoes in a haven (shivering etc)
    - Going to someone else's haven from your haven
    - Taking something out of a haven
    - Haven rooms that produce something like @Erzsebet's gem wall
    - Forging room
    - Enchant room
    - bashing globes
    - Changing clothes
    - Cutting your hair
    - RP fighting
    - Attire changes

It seems to me the less immersion shattering thing would be to have it work the OTHER way, where you physically go to some other plane but leave some psychic aspect of yourself behind as a tether, rather than a physical shell.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ErzsebetTeaniMarienaXenia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    That doesn't make sense the shell is literally invulnerable unless your actual body gets pulled back into it! It might as well just be an echo/shadow of yourself.
    ErzsebetTeaniMykellah
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    That's actually a fantastic idea.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Teani
  • There's a ton of grandfathered stuff like this across IRE games. Another example is a lot of the deathsight messages in Imperian, because there was a rules change at one point where they decided it must also have the caster's name specified, as well as the target's, but a fair lot of the oldbies still have ones without, because they were previously approved.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    So, I've tried to be careful about this... I mean, I'm all for just blowing it up and replacing. People who know my admin style will agree that my first idea is usually "burn it all down, start over". But Havens seemed to be a special thing that would anger too many people. Correct me if I'm wrong! Becue asks me to reset them every day :(

Of course, I do want to burn them all down. Maybe as part of the PvE endgame revamp...
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    No we love them some people just get a fishbone stuck in their throat about issues and never drop them!