Low Cost, QoL Artifact/Investment List

SibattiSibatti Mamba dur NayaAmidst vibrant flora and trees
When playing an alt with some credits to spare on it, what would you consider the must-haves, the nice-to-haves, and the luxury investments? This can mean Artifacts, Relics, or even lesson investments.

I started to make a list and then very quickly realized that I was just making a second Sibatti. So, I'd like to maybe crowdsource some feedback on what you consider relatively low-cost (under 500cr), high return/QoL improvements for an alt.

This isn't an alt that's looking to become a twink - just something you would take a nice break for from time to time. What do you invest in for maximum enjoyment? I quickly realized, for example, that buying the no-brainer lesson package is super efficient, something I had all but forgotten existed.

Come at me - what are your must-haves, nice-to-haves, etc., for a casual alt?

Comments

• At this point fishing. It's more or less the best source of gold and xp in the game, even at lower levels of fishing.

EowynZailaLin
  • In light of the newest Announce post, the Arionic Chalice.

(no, not really. Fishing, yo)
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• personally, I'd forgo artifacts to learn up vision. You forget how much is in there that you want until you try to alt.

• TiurTiur Producer
    Seconding Arionic Chalice.
    Vash
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Xavin said:

At this point fishing. It's more or less the best source of gold and xp in the game, even at lower levels of fishing.

What's your opinion on the fishing artis?
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I like the fishing pole if only because it doesn't decay. I'm not sure if it ACTUALLY works better or not. Some people have done a bit of testing and I've heard it's about the same as the master rod.

I'm considering buying the fishbucket just for the convenience of, once again, it not decaying.

The fishing spear is pointless.
    Xavin
  • The pole doesn't work any better than the master rod in my experience. I had it for a while, it just...wasn't worth it. I'm actually catching fish at a better rate with the master rod than with the arti rod.

The bucket, from what I have been told, is pretty good. Your fish don't decay in it and it can hold 400. That said, you can buy a resetting 200 fish bucket that has a pretty long decay time for fairly cheap.

Ignore the spear, it's a once per rl day random fish catch. Cool flavor-wise, but otherwise just....not worth it at all.

• ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    fully powered salvage goggles are definitely my best investment /ever/

EVER.
  • edited September 2017
    @Zaila but you have to get a piece of salvage with your own mark first. And then come up with 19 more. Ultimately you're gonna pay about 2000+- credits for them.

• Scepter is the best artifact in the game. Sub-80 so no +bal enhance? Balance and EQ are hard locked at 2.5. Low stats because you went con for not dying? Stat independent damage. Are you a class using a 2h or 2 weapons? Scepter can sit in your inventory while you dual wield shields for MAXIMUM BLOCK. DPS scales up with red orb and red amulet and beats many classes on dps without +hunt arties. Also it doesn't use end or wp. Get that and an arti shield and bash way above your level forever.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

KasimirFezzix
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Wings/amulet. So good.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    @xavin - as an alt, I can not think of an arti more worth it. You get a bunch of the QoL skills from vision that otherwise you'll have to spend your lessons on in the early salvage efforts, insight, see through phase and cham on who, you get insight no matter what class you're in. I realise if you don't manage to get a great deal on it from buying pieces IC it is gonna be pricey and heftily over that 500 credit hurdle, but there is SO much QoL utility in it if you aren't already a super-artied- up character and especially if you also want those skills from vision buy don't want to spend your lessons on them. 
  • AleviAlevi Houston, TX
    In my experience, the best low cost artifact investment is to befriend someone loaded to the teeth and get them to drop everything on you before they qq or idle at Social Area. Then mad dash to gank someone or bash until they vanish and you're craving them again like a bad habit.
    ArbreIshinZailaHavenMacavityTeaniRunas
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    Xavin said:

The pole doesn't work any better than the master rod in my experience.

Speaking from recent experiences, there is a large difference between the master rod and the artifact one in rate-of-catching fish versus losing them.

• An enigmatic atlas would come in handy if you will play a more exploration oriented character, that is a good enough investment to ease that nagging thought there might be some rooms you might have missed.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Kalak said:

An enigmatic atlas would come in handy if you will play a more exploration oriented character, that is a good enough investment to ease that nagging thought there might be some rooms you might have missed.

yeah it is nice to have, but the down size is I see it shows me I am not at 100% when I think I have gone everywhere in an area! Annoys me to all get out!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • @Eowyn Really? Because it seemed like I caught fewer fish with the arti rod than I'm catching with the master rod. Maybe it was bugged when I had the arti rod.

• I definitely catch more fish with the arti pole than with the Master Gulleye pole. When you used it, were you transcendent fishing? If you weren't, then the arti pole is identical to the Master Gulleye. It doesn't get better until you max out your fishing, and I've seen a noticeable difference. You still lose a lot of fish with it, though, and I wish the success rate were increased a little more to be worth the cost. It still takes a long time for the rod to pay for itself.

The spear is one random fish per RL half hour, not day. I don't think it's worth the 100 credits, but I got mine out of a gift bag and decided to hang onto it. It's a decent touch when you get a 2000lb sunfish for free, but nothing I'd go out of my way to buy. It takes even longer to return your investment than it does with the pole.

Re: Must haves - The arti shield. Best thing you can get for the price by far.
    Eowyn
  • EowynEowyn Somewhere
    I didn't really chime in, but here's usualy my priority list for an alt:

1. Trans out main bashing skillset for my class. Get other sub abilities that are needed for bashing.
    2. Thirdeye or Tattoos in Vision (because lazy)
    3. Overkill or Clarity in Survival
    4. Tree in Tattoos (yay extra tattoo spots)
    5. Tattoo stamps
    6. Fishing
    7. Refining to shackle if I feel like earning city credits/blowing time
    8. Work on minis, trans out ones for audit and improving regen of will/end according to which class I'm using
    9. Artifact fishing rod eventually

Usually 2-5 vary. Those are my own personal QOL. So, probably can skip them, 7, 8, and even 9. Just depends on what QOL means to you. I just try to do things that allow me to bash, idle fish while I work, and earn rewards so I can save up for other things.
    SibattiXenia
  • AleviAlevi Houston, TX
    Fezzix said:

I definitely catch more fish with the arti pole than with the Master Gulleye pole. When you used it, were you transcendent fishing? If you weren't, then the arti pole is identical to the Master Gulleye. It doesn't get better until you max out your fishing, and I've seen a noticeable difference. You still lose a lot of fish with it, though, and I wish the success rate were increased a little more to be worth the cost. It still takes a long time for the rod to pay for itself.

The spear is one random fish per RL half hour, not day. I don't think it's worth the 100 credits, but I got mine out of a gift bag and decided to hang onto it. It's a decent touch when you get a 2000lb sunfish for free, but nothing I'd go out of my way to buy. It takes even longer to return your investment than it does with the pole.

Re: Must haves - The arti shield. Best thing you can get for the price by far.

By arti shield, do you mean the 300cr 50/50 arti shields or is there another one I'm not finding?