Owned Part II

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Enjoy stormtouched when paired with Duiran's lightning boost research ability.

Edit: And can we uh....stop using this thread as a passive-agressive 'this is op' thing?

• Xavin said:

Edit: And can we uh....stop using this thread as a passive-agressive 'this is op' thing?
    I disagree with this sentiment. Partly because that's not what passive-aggressive means, but mostly because this is the perfect place for people to post logs of things they think are overpowered. As a liaison, you should be grateful for all the combat data you can get, especially as you aren't generating any of your own.
    RammusDourifSeirLinAldric

• Xavin said:
    Enjoy stormtouched when paired with Duiran's lightning boost research ability.

Stormtouched disregards all electrical audit. The bonus from Duiran theoretically shouldn't matter when they have it. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited January 2013
    Xarian said:
    Xavin said:

I disagree with this sentiment. Partly because that's not what passive-aggressive means, but mostly because this is the perfect place for people to post logs of things they think are overpowered. As a liaison, you should be grateful for all the combat data you can get, especially as you aren't generating any of your own.
    To be honest, combat logs posted out of spite, anger, or rage from losing aren't really valid data.

I also disagree with your assessment of what is appropriate for this thread. This thread is people who got owned. Not people to come to the forums about why: "X killed me, therefore X is overpowered!"

As someone who is a liaison themselves, you should be encouraging any individuals (regardless of whether they are your friend or not) , be they a spirit or shadow player, to post constructive feedback and evidence regarding their claims as the burden of proof, as they say, is on them.

Edit: Reading over the log, Rammus' death seems fairly appropriate. He had the prerequisites for Omen on him and didn't really try to evade or play defensively. Getting angry or upset because you had 3 Omen-related affs on you is like getting mad at a Syssin and saying they're overpowered because they got most of the requirements of a v-lock on you and it was hard to get out of it once they get momentum. Both are difficult for both classes and you deserve to die if you can't cure and keep up with it. That's the point. The class, or any class for that matter, is supposed to challenge your curing, your cognitive ability to know when to move away or play defensively, etc.
    Mykellah
  • Seir said:
    To be honest, combat logs posted out of spite, anger, or rage from losing aren't really valid data. 
    I also disagree with your assessment of what is appropriate for this thread. This thread is people who got owned. Not people to come to the forums about why: "X killed me, therefore X is overpowered!"

As someone who is a liaison themselves, you should be encouraging any individuals (regardless of whether they are your friend or not) , be they a spirit or shadow player, to post constructive feedback and evidence regarding their claims as the burden of proof, as they say, is on them.

Edit: Reading over the log, Rammus' death seems fairly appropriate. He had the prerequisites for Omen on him and didn't really try to evade or play defensively. Getting angry or upset because you had 3 Omen-related affs on you is like getting mad at a Syssin and saying they're overpowered because they got most of the requirements of a v-lock on you and it was hard to get out of it once they get momentum. Both are difficult for both classes and you deserve to die if you can't cure and keep up with it. That's the point. The class, or any class for that matter, is supposed to challenge your curing, your cognitive ability to know when to move away or play defensively, etc.
    Data is data, the emotional state of an observer is irrelevant.

You're reading a great deal into the emotions of someone who made no comment, other than the log. Rammus doesn't sound angry or upset to me, since he didn't say anything. In fact, it's not even Rammus in the log, he posted it for a friend. And while balance claims from players are often helpful (but often not), I think that liaisons should be proactive and take responsibility for finding imbalances in the game. It isn't necessary for players to make any claims when presenting a log, I can draw my own conclusions.

Also, while you may not have seen the problems in that log, several coders and liaisons did, and within 20 minutes of it being posted, it led to a bug fix that had previously allowed shamans to stun-lock and instakill opponents from full health with no possibility for escape. So I think the log was extremely useful. Thanks for your input though.
    LinLunaAlexinaAldricMykellah
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I got all excited so I went back and looked at the log just to see who our Shaman PKer was.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited January 2013

Xarian said:
     It isn't necessary for players to make any claims when presenting a log, I can draw my own conclusions.
    Also, while you may not have seen the problems in that log, several coders and liaisons did, and within 20 minutes of it being posted, it led to a bug fix that had previously allowed shamans to stun-lock and instakill opponents from full health with no possibility for escape. So I think the log was extremely useful. Thanks for your input though.
    (Web): Xarian says, "Here comes omen."
    Conclusion drawn. For the record, if you get hit by a 3 aff omen, you probably deserve to die in the first place. I'd hate to see what sort of conclusions get drawn when I get around to using 4-aff omens. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

I love arguments between two liaisons. I'd hate to see the liaison channel! On a lighter note...

Message #14118 Sent By: Keroc           Received On: 1/07/2013/21:16
    "You should've posted that Justice log to Owned btw."

<6716/7015h 8050/8050m 29326e 19993w <eb> <csdb>> <96|68|100|95.73%> <18:31:17:960>
    With sudden motion, the flames surrounding you flicker out as your skin grows increasingly hot. With a rush of power, the flames expel themselves from you, burning everything in a torrent of fire.
    Health Lost: 1000
    Justice is dealt out and your attack rebounds onto you.
    Health Lost: 807, unblockable.
    You gasp in agony as shadows suddenly strike at your chest, spreading a bone-chilling cold.
    Health Lost: 422, unblockable.
    Health Lost: 754, unblockable.
    Health Lost: 932, unblockable.
    Health Lost: 1099, unblockable.
    <1702/7015h 8050/8050m 29326e 19993w <eb> <csdb>> <96|68|100|95.73%>

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Daskalos said:

I love arguments between two liaisons. I'd hate to see the liaison channel! On a lighter note...

Message #14118 Sent By: Keroc           Received On: 1/07/2013/21:16
    "You should've posted that Justice log to Owned btw."

<6716/7015h 8050/8050m 29326e 19993w <eb> <csdb>> <96|68|100|95.73%> <18:31:17:960>
    With sudden motion, the flames surrounding you flicker out as your skin grows increasingly hot. With a rush of power, the flames expel themselves from you, burning everything in a torrent of fire.
    Health Lost: 1000
    Health Lost: 807, unblockable.
    You gasp in agony as shadows suddenly strike at your chest, spreading a bone-chilling cold.
    Health Lost: 422, unblockable.
    Health Lost: 754, unblockable.
    Health Lost: 932, unblockable.
    Health Lost: 1099, unblockable.
    <1702/7015h 8050/8050m 29326e 19993w <eb> <csdb>> <96|68|100|95.73%>

Yakety Sax was running through my head that entire brawl.
    IosyneMykellah
    LOL. I may of had a chance with my judge 'em till they die trick if Tarot had followed the same rules as all the other skillsets.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Xarian said:
    Yakety Sax was running through my head that entire brawl.
    I wasn't the only one thinking that?!
    edited January 2013
    Since formatting keeps bungling up the post. Never mind.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited January 2013
    As someone who has no valid opinion or bias either way as I don't fight at all, I'll vouch for Xarian. I've been in a few webs and stuff where balance complaints were thrown around and I can say from seeing it firsthand that Xarian doesn't let kneejerk no-substance reactions affect his opinion, nor does he make such complaints himself. He was levelheaded and analytic in his approach to dealing with such things. I really respected and was impressed by his approach to these matters even in an informal venue.

Personally I trust in him to do his unbiased part as liaison. Yeah he's on the darkie side but I think he exercises fair judgment.
    AzraelHaven
    I wasn't saying anything like that? Xarian's history speaks for itself...

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Daskalos said:
    I wasn't saying anything like that? Xarian's history speaks for itself...
    Oh I know and I wasn't directing anything at you at all. Just putting in my view on him in case any OP talks or anything break out.
  • edited January 2013

Asking for a fight for days to end a RP arc and this happens.

http://pastehtml.com/view/coha2ifcr.html

Followed by my system spamming me so bad mudlet locked up.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    +--------------------------- CHANGELOG ENTRY #329 ----------------------------+
    |  Entered by: Razmael                             Date: 2013/02/24 13:22:31  |
    +--------------------------------- CHANGE ------------------------------------+
    GUARDS
    ------
    * Highmages now have a chance to eye sigil enemies if they lightform or
    blackwind in front of them.
    Well damn. Wish I read that before I did this: http://pastehtml.com/view/ctm07co6d.html
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • By popular request (By which I mean, Daskalos)

Your alarm at 'Before the walls of the Citadel' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Before the walls of the Citadel (southeast)' has been set off by Calipso! (5236)
    From your knowledge, that room is in (Dry Plains.)
    Your alarm at 'The hill's crest (down)' has been set off by Calipso! (5237)
    Your alarm at 'At the base of the overlook' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'At the base of the overlook (west)' has been set off by Calipso! (5251)
    Your alarm at 'Dusty path near an ascent' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Dusty path near an ascent (south)' has been set off by Calipso! (5252)
    Your alarm at 'Over a sandstone canyon' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Over a sandstone canyon (south)' has been set off by Calipso! (5253)
    Your alarm at 'Winding road among the foothills' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Winding road among the foothills (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (5254)
    Your alarm at 'Approaching a vantage point' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Approaching a vantage point (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (5258)
    Your alarm at 'Sparsely wooded vantage point' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Sparsely wooded vantage point (down)' has been set off by Calipso! (5261)
    Your alarm at 'Small grassland canyon' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Small grassland canyon (south)' has been set off by Calipso! (5284)
    Your alarm at 'Narrow path leading to hills' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Narrow path leading to hills (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (5285)
    Your alarm at 'Rocky grasslands before foothills' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Rocky grasslands before foothills (southeast)' has been set off by Calipso! (5267,...)
    Your alarm at 'Grasslands approaching the foothills' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Grasslands approaching the foothills (south)' has been set off by Calipso! (5282)
    Your alarm at 'Deep in the plains (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (5269)
    Your alarm at 'Dead grasslands (southeast)' has been set off by Calipso! (5270)
    Your alarm at 'Center of the grasslands (south)' has been set off by Calipso! (5277)
    Your alarm at 'Patch of hardy wildflowers (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (5271)
    Your alarm at 'Base of a grassy hill (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (5272)
    Your alarm at 'Barren stretch of grassland (southeast)' has been set off by Calipso! (5265)
    Your alarm at 'Sparse plains dotted with scrub' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Sparse plains dotted with scrub (south)' has been set off by Calipso! (5264)
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road north of a forest (west)' has been set off by Calipso! (9518,...)
    From your knowledge, that room is in (Northern Road.)
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road north of a forest (west)' has been set off by Calipso! (9518,...)
    Your alarm at 'Nearing Northern Ithmia (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (9534)
    Your alarm at 'Nearing a river' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Nearing a river (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (9531,...)
    Your alarm at 'Crossing the Zaphar (west)' has been set off by Calipso! (9532)
    Your alarm at 'Nearing a river (south)' has been set off by Calipso! (9531,...)
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road (south)' has been set off by Calipso! (9529,...)
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road (west)' has been set off by Calipso! (9529,...)
    Your alarm at 'Skirting the edge of Western Ithmia (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (9522,...)
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road north of a forest' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Skirting Western Ithmia (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (9517,...)
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road north of a forest' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Skirting the edge of Western Ithmia (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (9522,...)
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road north of a forest (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (9518,...)
    Your alarm at 'Skirting Western Ithmia (south)' has been set off by Calipso! (9517,...)
    Your alarm at 'Nearing the Ithmian Forests (south)' has been set off by Calipso! (9513,...)
    Your alarm at 'Nearing the Ithmian Forests (west)' has been set off by Calipso! (9513,...)
    Your alarm at 'Nearing the Ithmian Forests (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (9513,...)
    Your alarm at 'Nearing the Ithmian Forests (south)' has been set off by Calipso! (9513,...)
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road through grassy plains (south)' has been set off by Calipso! (9509,...)
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road through rolling hills (south)' has been set off by Calipso! (9511)
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road through grassy plains (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (9509,...)
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road through grassy plains (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (9509,...)
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road east of a river' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road east of a river (south)' has been set off by Calipso! (9508)
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road off the Prelatorian Highway' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Dirt road off the Prelatorian Highway (southwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (9507)
    Your alarm at 'East of the Shunai Bridge' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'East of the Shunai Bridge (west)' has been set off by Calipso! (3)
    From your knowledge, that room is in (Prelatorian Highway.)
    Your alarm at 'Shunai Bridge' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'Shunai Bridge (west)' has been set off by Calipso! (4)
    Your alarm at 'The Prelatorian Highway' has been set off by Calipso!
    Your alarm at 'The Prelatorian Highway (northwest)' has been set off by Calipso! (5,...)
    H:5145/5145 M:5065/5145 E:23168 W:23447 [csdb eb lr]
    You suddenly perceive the vague outline of an aura of rebounding around Jensen.
    Jensen's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Haydyn tilts her head back, inhaling sharply several times.
    H:5145/5145 M:5065/5145 E:23176 W:23447 [csdb eb lr]
    The ethereal guardian angel begins to shimmer with a soft red light.
    Jensen takes a long drag off his pipe filled with skullcap.

Calipso has bled to death.
    You divine the location of this death as North of Trees in the Prelatorian Highway.
    (1) Located within (Prelatorian Highway.)

DaskalosAldricIstoSeirIllikaal
  • Welcome back!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Moirean
    Malak said:
    clotheslines EVERYWHERE

I've done that before. So many comms but SO WORTH IT WHEN IT WORKS on someone's speedwalker.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    You leave your Haven to return once more to reality.
    Dim-lit, smelly stables (38927) - Tiyen Esityi (187)
    ---------- v38927 -----------

[ ]- - - - -
                      |
                      |
                      |
                     [ ]- - - - -
                      |
                 [+]  |
                    \ |
                     [ ]- - - - -

--------- -2:-15:0 ----------
    A long cavern lit by dim, flickering lanterns, these stables are quite spacious, well able to house
    the temperamental mounts of the Nazetu calvary and work force. Quite a few species are represented;
    there are horses, mules, and donkeys, beasts of burden grouped in one corner, but other, less
    traditional beats are also present. Hay is stacked high, as are several tubs of fresh raw meat and
    fish; barrels of apples and treats are less prevalent, but still seen, lids latched firmly shut
    against questing noses. The combined odors are quite pungent, though a draft does drift through the
    room, pulling fresher air in from the southeast and out to an unseen opening in the darkened rock of
    the ceiling. There are 2 cancerous stallions here. Shaeille is here. She wields a vicious yellow
    brown dhurive in her hands.
    You see a single exit leading southeast.
    Equilibrium Used: 2.00 seconds
    H:100% M:100% E:39% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb -b] +20w +12e
    (mapper): Your trap at Harshly cut path through the mountains (north)
    H:100% M:100% E:39% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb -b]
    <----------------------------------->
         EQ REGAINED in 2 sec 8 ms
    H:100% M:100% E:39% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb eb]
    You tilt your head back and deeply inhale any scents from the air.
    You pick up the faint scent of Calipso at The beginnings of a roughly cobbled road.
    You pick up the faint scent of Shaeille at Dim-lit, smelly stables.
    Balance Used: 2.15 seconds
    H:100% M:100% E:39% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb e-] +10w +42e
       BAL REGAINED in 2 sec 207 ms
    H:100% M:100% E:39% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb eb] +12e
    Shaeille smiles at you.
    H:100% M:100% E:39% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb eb] +10w
    You smirk.

Now targeting Calipso!
    [The Spirits whisper]: Target set to Calipso.
    You order a badger, lemming, raven, butterfly, wolf, and a cunning red fox to kill Calipso.
    [The Spirits whisper]: 'SET ALARM HERE' (both) added to queue
    [The Spirits whisper]: 'CONCEAL TRAP HERE' (both) added to queue
          <-> <-> <-> OutCache: 3 wood - Total Remaining: 91 <-> <-> <->
    [The Spirits whisper]:           Warning: LOW on WOOD
          <-> <-> <-> OutCache: 1 rope - Total Remaining: 121 <-> <-> <->
    You lay darts trap in the room.
    Balance Used: 1.72 seconds
    H:100% M:100% E:39% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb e-]
    Shaeille blinks.
       BAL REGAINED in 2 sec
    You set an alarm on the trap.
    Balance Used: 0.86 seconds
    Time not stored for that event.
    You have carefully concealed that trap.
    You envenom a darts trap with curare.
    H:100% M:100% E:39% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb eb] +20w +54e
    You envenom a darts trap with aconite.
    You envenom a darts trap with loki.
    All 25 darts on that trap have been envenomed.

[ ]- - - - -
                      |
                      |
                      |
                     [ ]- - - - -
                      |
                 [+]  |
                    \ |
                     [ ]- - - - -

A long cavern lit by dim, flickering lanterns, these stables are quite spacious, well able to house
    the temperamental mounts of the Nazetu calvary and work force. Quite a few species are represented;
    there are horses, mules, and donkeys, beasts of burden grouped in one corner, but other, less
    traditional beats are also present. Hay is stacked high, as are several tubs of fresh raw meat and
    fish; barrels of apples and treats are less prevalent, but still seen, lids latched firmly shut
    against questing noses. The combined odors are quite pungent, though a draft does drift through the
    room, pulling fresher air in from the southeast and out to an unseen opening in the darkened rock of
    the ceiling. There are 2 cancerous stallions here. Shaeille is here. She wields a vicious yellow
    H:100% M:100% E:39% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb eb] +30e
    [The Spirits whisper]: 'SET ALARM se' (both) added to queue
    [The Spirits whisper]: 'CONCEAL TRAP se' (both) added to queue
          <-> <-> <-> OutCache: 2 rope - Total Remaining: 119 <-> <-> <->
    You lay noose trap to the southeast.
    Balance Used: 1.72 seconds
       BAL REGAINED in 1 min
    H:100% M:100% E:40% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb eb] +10w +12e
    You set an alarm on the trap.
    H:100% M:100% E:40% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb e-]
    H:100% M:100% E:40% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb eb]
    You have carefully concealed that trap.
    [The Spirits whisper]: Massing has been turned on
    [The Spirits whisper]: Rebounding has been turned on
    [The Spirits whisper]: LOST BALANCE SALVE (mass)
    Your body grows extremely dense and heavy as the mass salve infuses your skin.
    [The Spirits whisper]: +DEF+ MASS
    You have gained the density defence.
    [The Spirits whisper]: +DEF+ DENSITY
    That pipe isn't lit.
    [The Spirits whisper]: 'LIGHT PIPES' (both) added to queue
    H:100% M:100% E:40% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb eb] +12e
    [The Spirits whisper]: GAINED BALANCE SALVE

[ ]- - - - -
                      |
                      |
                      |
                     [ ]- - - - -
                      |
                 [+]  |
                    \ |
                     [ ]- - - - -

The corners of Shaeille's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.
    H:100% M:100% E:40% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb eb] +10w

[ ]- - - - -
                      |
                      |
                      |
                     [ ]- - - - -
                      |
                 [+]  |
                    \ |
                     [ ]- - - - -

H:100% M:100% E:40% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb eb] +42e
    Nothing can be seen here by that name.
    Nothing can be seen here by that name.
    WILL NOW APPLY CURARE FIRST
    A grey wolf glances southeastward, growling.
    H:100% M:100% E:40% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb eb] +10w +12e
    [The Spirits whisper]: LOST BALANCE PIPE (skullcap)
    [The Spirits whisper]: 2 smokes left in skullcap
    WILL NOW APPLY ACONITE SECOND
    [The Spirits whisper]: GAINED BALANCE PIPE
    H:100% M:100% E:40% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb eb] +12e
    (mapper): Your trap at Dim-lit, smelly stables (southeast)
    A loop of rope entwines around Calipso, pulling her off her feet.
    [The Spirits whisper]: Calipso has gained web
    (mapper): Your trap at Dim-lit, smelly stables (38927) was set off by Calipso!!!
    H:100% M:100% E:40% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb eb] +10w +30e
    You step in to strike Calipso with your dhurive.
    With a forceful thrust, you sink a blade of your dhurive deep inside Calipso's guts.
    [The Spirits whisper]: Calipso has gained impaled
    Balance Used: 3.44 seconds
    H:100% M:100% E:40% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb e-] -20e
    Calipso gasps and chokes as her entanglement impedes her breathing.
    With a growl, a wolf leaps forward and sinks his teeth into Calipso.
    H:100% M:100% E:40% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb e-] +12e
    A trap is sprung and a dart streaks from nowhere to slam into Calipso.
    Horror overcomes Calipso's face as her body stiffens into paralysis.
    [The Spirits whisper]: Calipso has gained paralysis
    Calipso sticks herself with a long needle.
    You feel an aura of rebounding surround you.
    [The Spirits whisper]: +DEF+ REBOUNDING
    You have gained the rebounding defence.
    Calipso winces in pain as a grumpy badger rakes her claws across her flesh.
    Calipso has writhed free of her entanglement by ropes.
    [The Spirits whisper]: Calipso has cured web (writhe)
       BAL REGAINED in 3 sec 474 ms
    Calipso looks pale and gaunt as her body shudders on the end of the weapon.
    Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    [The Spirits whisper]: -DEF- REBOUNDING
    Your rebounding defence has been stripped.
    Piercing through the flesh of Calipso's belly with the dhurive, you twist it around with a malicious
    grin.
    Balance Used: 2.58 seconds
    [The Spirits whisper]: 1 smokes left in skullcap
    A fox snarls and lunges at Calipso, biting her viciously.
       BAL REGAINED in 2 sec 488 ms
    Piercing through the flesh of Calipso's belly with the dhurive, you twist it around with a malicious
    grin.
    Calipso scrunches up her face in an impish way, snickering, "Gnehehe!"
    Calipso scrunches up her face in an impish way, snickering, "Gnehehe!"
    An ebony raven dives at Calipso and throws her off balance.
    A small brown lemming scurries around Calipso.
    Calipso sticks herself with a long needle.
       BAL REGAINED in 3 sec
    H:100% M:100% E:40% W:84% Bl: 0 XP:33% [csdb eb] +42e
    Calipso twitches spasmodically.
    grin.
    With a look of agony on her face, Calipso manages to writhe herself free of the weapon which impaled
    her.
    [The Spirits whisper]: Calipso has cured impaled
    Calipso has writhed free of her impalement.
    Calipso eats a lung slice.
    [The Spirits whisper]: Calipso has cured paralysis (lung)
    Calipso thumps herself on the forehead and exclaims, "Duh!"
    Calipso touches a tree of life tattoo.
    You discern that Calipso has cured the effects of stupidity.
    Horror overcomes Calipso's face as her body stiffens into paralysis.
    [The Spirits whisper]: Calipso has gained paralysis
       BAL REGAINED in 2 sec 522 ms
    With a forceful thrust, you sink a blade of your dhurive deep inside Calipso's guts.
    Balance Used: 3.44 seconds
    [The Spirits whisper]: 0 smokes left in skullcap
    Your pipe is now empty.
    A fox snarls and lunges at Calipso, biting her viciously.
       BAL REGAINED in 4 sec
    grin.
    With a look of agony on her face, Calipso manages to writhe herself free of the weapon which impaled
    her.
    [The Spirits whisper]: Calipso has cured impaled
    Calipso has writhed free of her impalement.
          <-> <-> <-> OutCache: 1 skullcap - Total Remaining: 1849 <-> <-> <->
          <+> <+> <+> InCache: 1 skullcap - Total: 1850 <+> <+> <+>
    Not sounding much like a cow, Calipso goes, "Moooo!"
    An ebony raven dives at Calipso and throws her off balance.
    Calipso leaps up in what is apparently an attempt at a graceful swan dive. She smacks headfirst into
    the ground.
    Calipso flips the bird.
    Calipso eats a liver slice.
    Calipso eats a liver slice.
       BAL REGAINED in 3 sec
    A small brown lemming scurries around Calipso.
    Calipso eats a lung slice.
          <-> <-> <-> OutCache: 1 skullcap - Total Remaining: 1849 <-> <-> <->
    You fill your pipe with a skullcap flower.
    You see no skullcap in your inventory.
    Calipso pales slightly.
    The final blow proves too much for Calipso, who falls to the floor a broken, bloody mess.
    You have slain Calipso.--== Target Afflictions Reset ==--
    [The Spirits whisper]: Engage has been turned off
    [The Spirits whisper]: 'get 50 corpse' (both) added to queue
    [The Spirits whisper]: 'get body' (both) added to queue
    Experience Gained: 34650 (Player Kill) [total: 1305567]
    Calipso drops a strand of red hair.

Swag.
  • @Angwe: Is there any condition on you impaling someone?
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited March 2013
    Psuedo-prones allow impales. Paralysis, writhe affs, and true prone (obviously). Already being impaled excludes you from being reimpaled. In this case, a lack of pre-caching and bad luck with the paralysis dart timing and stupidity tics meant that she was almost constantly in a impaleable state.

• Ah I see. That's what paralysis was for. Thanks!
  • Serrice said:
    Psuedo-prones allow impales. Paralysis, writhe affs, and true prone (obviously). Already being impaled excludes you from being reimpaled. In this case, a lack of pre-caching and bad luck with the paralysis dart timing and stupidity tics meant that she was almost constantly in a impaleable state.
    wouldnt be the first time :P. New sentinel dhuriv with trap combos makes being constantly impaled happened almost always. Times like this I wish there was a Disarm trap ability in survival. Walking right into them is murder.
  • edited March 2013

Under a gnarled oak. (Eastern Ithmia.) (1399)

--- Area 62: Eastern Ithmia ------- v5730 ---

\ |       | /   /

[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]

\ |     \   /

[ ]-    [ ]

| \   /   \

[ ] [ ]

/     |

/       |

/         |

/      [ ] [ ]- - -

/           \ |

[+]-            [ ]- - -

--- Under a gnarled oak --------- -2:-2:0 ---

The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. A large, blood-splattered totem has been erected here,

formed of obsidian, ivory and red-wood. Facing outwards and surrounding the totem are a large ivory

bear, an obsidian raven and a red-wood serpent. A camel awaits its rider here, snorting irritably. A

sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A mule stands stubbornly,

hooves planted solidly in the ground. An earring resembling a sharp fang lies here. The decapitated

head of Cailas has been discarded here. The shining figure of a guardian angel floats in the air

here. Diviavi Tsvanni Lunare, the Emeraldine is here. She wields a holy icon of divinity in her left

hand. Azton Qefin is here. He wields a buckler in his left hand and a spiritual mace in his right.

You see exits leading northeast and east.

H:5550(100%) M:5190(89%) W:27900(100%) E:26398(99%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:3.69% [ eb]

east

Stone bridge over a spring. (road) (lost)

--- Area 432: Duiran ------------- v43846 ---

/ | \ | / | \

[ ]  |  [ ]  |  [s]

\ | / | \ | /

[ ]-[ ]-[ ]

/   \   \   \

/       \  [ ]-[ ]

/           \ | \   \

[ ]             [ ]  \

|             /   \   \

|           /       \

|         /           \

-[+]- - -[ ]

|         \           /

|           \       /

|             \   /   /

[ ]             [ ]  /

\           / | /   /

\       /  [ ]-[ ]

\   /   /   /

[

/ | \   / | \

[ ]  |  [ ]  |  [$]

\ | /   \ | /

--- Stone bridge over a spring -- -16:0:1 ---

A camel awaits its rider here, snorting irritably. There are 2 monolith sigils here. Torrents of

water twist and shift around the watery form of an undine aquacaster here, masterfully manipulating

her element. A burly centaur stands sentinel, his hefty crossbow at the ready. Blending in nearly

perfectly with her environs, a cloaked wilderness warden waits here for potential trouble. Prowling

about the area is a feral bahkatu predator. A viridian satyr stamps his hooves over the ground,

muttering shamanic curses to himself here.

You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.

A feral bahkatu predator snarls viciously at you.

At the base of a ruined tower.

A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A large moss-covered

monolith stands vigilant here. A stallion grazes nearby, dappled sandy fur gleaming. A burly centaur

stands sentinel, his hefty crossbow at the ready. Torrents of water twist and shift around the

watery form of an undine aquacaster here, masterfully manipulating her element. Blending in nearly

perfectly with her environs, a cloaked wilderness warden waits here for potential trouble. Prowling

about the area is a feral bahkatu predator. A viridian satyr stamps his hooves over the ground,

muttering shamanic curses to himself here. Gabriele Te'straif is here, covered in silver fur.

You see exits leading northeast, southeast, and west.

A feral bahkatu predator snarls viciously at you.

A burly centaur crossbowman moves in swiftly to engage you.

A tempestuous undine aquacaster moves in swiftly to engage you.

A cloaked forestal warden moves in swiftly to engage you.

A feral bahkatu predator moves in swiftly to engage you.

A barbaric satyr shaman moves in swiftly to engage you.

A cloaked forestal warden slams her fist into the side of your head, disrupting your mental equilibrium.

Equilibrium Used: 0.43 seconds

A barbaric satyr shaman places his hands upon the earth. Ropes burst forth from the ground and wrap

themselves around you.

[Soul Reaper]: AFF WRITHEROPES

Wisps of energy encompass your body, your bindings rapidly burning away into a fine dust.

Your disperse defence has been stripped.

A burly centaur crossbowman knocks into you suddenly, leaving you stunned.

A tempestuous undine aquacaster sends a massive bolt of painful energy at you, making you cry out in agony.

H:3328(59%) M:5190(89%) W:27900(100%) E:26394(99%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:3.69% [p eb] STUNNED -2222h

A thundering of hooves heralds the entrance of a bulky centaur crossbowman.

A thundering of hooves heralds the entrance of a bulky centaur crossbowman.

There is a subtle change to your surroundings as a cloaked wilderness warden slips in from the

northeast.

There is a subtle change to your surroundings as a cloaked wilderness warden slips in from the

southeast.

H:3328(59%) M:5190(89%) W:27900(100%) E:26400(100%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:3.69% [p eb] STUNNED

A pathfinder chaos entity concentrates for a moment. Suddenly your surroundings blur, and when vision returns to normal, you recognise that you have travelled far quicker than the capacity of any mortal.

Beginning of the outer city road. (road) (Spinesreach.) (6725)

The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Hands folded in the sleeves of his dark, voluminous robes, a cabalist stands ready to guard his city.

You see exits leading east and west.

As a pathfinder's energy depletes, it returns to the Chaos Plane.

A grey wolf bounds into the room, carrying Angwe.

He is followed by a roan brumby stallion.

A cabalist of jherza moves in swiftly to engage Angwe.

A cabalist of jherza sends a massive bolt of energy at Angwe, who cries in agony.

Black robes swaying, a cabalist of jherza enters from the west, eyes distant.

Angwe carefully wipes all the venoms from both blades of a vicious grey dhurive.

Angwe carefully wipes all the venoms from both blades of a vicious grey dhurive.

Angwe steps towards you, dhurive ready for a blow.

Angwe slashes one end of his dhurive at you, opening up a long wound.

H:4849(87%) M:5770(99%) W:27889(99%) E:26400(100%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:3.69% [ eb] -437h

Angwe fluidly moves his dhurive towards you, preparing another blow.

Angwe moves his dhurive and a quick stab follows the previous attack.

H:4412(79%) M:5770(99%) W:27889(99%) E:26400(100%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:3.69% [p eb] PARALYSIS -437h

Black robes swaying, a cabalist of jherza enters from the east, eyes distant.

You remove 1 liver slice, bringing the total in the cache to 346.

H:4412(79%) M:5770(99%) W:27889(99%) E:26400(100%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:3.69% [p eb]

You beam at the world as your legs dance a flurried jig.

H:4412(79%) M:5770(99%) W:27889(99%) E:26400(100%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:3.69% [p eb] PARALYSIS

A cabalist of jherza sends a massive bolt of energy at Angwe, who cries in agony.

Angwe swoons for a moment then rises again, flushed but strong.

A cabalist of jherza sends streams of energy at Angwe, making him appear more vulnerable.

An ebony raven dives at you and throws you off balance.

Balance Used: 1.32 seconds

A cabalist of jherza sends streams of energy at Angwe, making him appear more vulnerable.

You wince in pain as a grumpy badger rakes her claws across your flesh.

Angwe touches a tree of life tattoo.

H:5550(100%) M:5800(100%) W:27900(100%) E:26400(100%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:3.69% [p e-]

angwe has < rebounding, sileris >

Angwe eats a piece of kelp.

H:5550(100%) M:5800(100%) W:27900(100%) E:26400(100%) Ess:100% B:100% XP:3.69% [p e-]

angwe has < rebounding, sileris >

Angwe leaves to the east.

He is followed by a roan brumby stallion.

A heavily robed cabalist strides quickly out to the east, booted feet making no noise upon the ground.

A heavily robed cabalist strides quickly out to the east, booted feet making no noise upon the ground.

(Spinesreach): A cabalist of jherza says, "Citizens, follow me! Enemies are here at 'Inside the outer gate!'"

Wicked claws gleaming, an Atabahi guard enters from the east.

A cabalist of jherza says, "That cry! We've got to get to 'Inside the outer gate' right away!"

An Atabahi guard says, "I heard a cry for help at 'Inside the outer gate!'"

Angwe has been slain by the magical power of a cabalist of jherza.

Angwe has been bludgeoned to death by a regally-dressed Syndicate enforcer.

A heavily robed cabalist strides quickly out to the west, booted feet making no noise upon the ground.

You hear a low growl escape from an Atabahi guard as he lopes off to the east.

A heavily robed cabalist strides quickly out to the east, booted feet making no noise upon the

ground.

Inside the outer gate. (portals of Spinesreach.) (6726)

A five-sided pillar of dark, smoky quartz clutches at the sky with lightning-wreathed claws of stone,

surrounded by a veil of turbulent air. A granite monument stands here, its surface polished to a

shine. A grand pair of gates, seemingly formed from solid ice, stand thrown open here. A sigil in

the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A blood red flag flaps in the wind,

depicting a snarling white lion. A mule stands stubbornly, hooves planted solidly in the ground.

Tiny flames circling its form, a miniature fire elemental spins slowly here. A black, murky mist has

settled here. A Syndicate enforcer watches the area, nonchalantly smoking a cigarette. With flared

nostrils and wild eyes, a roan brumby stallion gallops about here. There are 17 cabalists of jherza

here. The twisted remains of Angwe lie here. There are 2 Atabahi guards here.

You see exits leading southeast, west, and up.

;))
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Talk about bad timing! Poor Angwe :(