The Various Ventures of Vash

I love posting logs but I don't want to spam this section so I figured I would just make one post and add to it over time. This way you can also easily skip over it if this kind of thing does not interest you.

Most of these logs will just be mundane day to day things and I have a long way to go to match the skill I have seen from some of you. Despite that I hope these kinds of logs will inspire more of you to post. Not every story has to involve Divine or world changing events to be interesting!

If you ever interact with Vash in game and don't want a log of it posted I will always respect such a request.

Please always feel free to send me any advice, critiques, or comments.

Thanks for reading!
Typically In Game: JST (GMT+9) 6AM-8AM and 6PM-10PM
Kyna

Comments

• Vash and the Haven

Characters Involved
    @Tekias

You tell Tekias, "Are you busy at the moment?"

Tekias tells you, "Not terribly so."

You tell Tekias, "You are welcome to join me if you like, though I know you don't care much for bars but I find it more relaxing than lurking at the gates."

Tekias arrives from the northwest.

Jedrick glances up from behind the bar, eying Tekias as he enters the tavern. Giving a gruff grunt of greeting, the man returns to wiping down the countertop.

You have emoted: Vash stands up from his chair, tips his wide-brimmed cavalier's hat to Tekias, and then returns to his slouching "Glad you came Warden".

Tekias inclines his head towards you as he enters. "It's not that I don't care much for drinking. Just that the few times I do, it's at times I should be sober." He approaches the bar, taking up a seat nearby.

The echoing cry of some bestial creature fills the cold night air.

Grinning, you say to Tekias, "I have only been drunk around others once and it is an experience I see no reason to replicate."

You have emoted: Vash gives a brief shrug "I just would rather sit in a fine establishment than stand around those gates".

Tekias nods slowly, looking at the tavern's offerings. "More than fair, a bit better company here than Nenelos' haven shell, anyway."

You have emoted: After readjusting his wide-brimmed cavalier's hat Vash leans forward and sets his right elbow on the table, propping his chin in his hand "Those shells always creep me out to be honest, I have avoided asking about them before as I try not to display my ignorance all at once, but I only have a very vague notion of what a haven is." he grins "I don't suppose you could help enlighten me?"

Tekias looks you over with a bit of a smile, nodding his head. "Not at all. Once you transcend your base form...at the least, have your form become Hollow, you have access to a place only accessible within your own mind. I presume it's always there, you simply cannot attain the focus needed until then. But, within your own mind, it is -your- realm." He pauses, thinking for a moment. "If you like, I could show you my own Haven."

You have emoted: Vash drops his hand to the table as he sits up in his chair "Wait" his eyes grow wide and he breaks out into a big grin "You have one and you can take me into it?" he jumps to his feet, knocking the chair over in his haste "That would be amazing!"

You return to a normal position, relaxing the pose.

Tekias nods at you, rising to his feet as well. "Come along, then." He makes a beckoning motion.

You begin to follow Tekias.

Tekias closes his eyes and begins to focus.
    Tekias closes his eyes. Falling still, his inner energies start to calm and settle, the restless motion finding peace. Dissipating, the ylem and elemental energies drain from his form and leave behind a crystalline statue as he departs for the havens.
    You follow Tekias to the ether.
    A crumbling stonework room.
    ------ v64092 -------

[+]

------- 0:0:0 -------
    Built on an island floating in the unformed void, this stonework room lacks a ceiling and one of its walls. Crumbling and in severe disrepair, the only feature to speak of is a rough bed tucked into one of the intact corners. The dirt floor is packed down from foot traffic, most of it a pacing path through the middle of the room. The island itself is barely large enough for the not-too large room, barely a footpath's width encircling it before dropping into nothingness. Impish in size but lacking in any shades but black, an inky shadeling bounces about here.
    There are no obvious exits.

Tekias leads you towards the center of the crumbling room. "The only ones allowed here, are those I allow, and only with my own passage."

You have emoted: Vash's mouth drops open and his eyes dart in every direction and he slowly turns around trying to take everything in at once "So I am in your mind right now?" he glances over at you "What happened to my body?" he holds up a hand in front of his face "What a strange question to ask".

Tekias chuckles softly. "You came through my focus, so your own haven shell is sitting where your body last was." He makes his way towards the bed, the only discernible furniture in the room, taking a seat on it. "This is how my mind was when I turned Hollow." He looks around. "I really should focus a bit, bring it together better..."

You have emoted: Vash walks slowly over to the edge of the island and looks over "What happens if I jump?"

Tekias watches you, staying where he is. "Are you certain you wish to find out? It's something I've never dared do, myself."
    You have emoted: Vash looks over his shoulder, his ever present grin still showing, his eyes twinkle with mischief "I am always up for trying new things" he glances back over the edge "Though I suppose if you have no idea what would happen I should not risk it yet as I have many other things to try just in case this would be something I could not recover from" he lets out a sigh before turning away and walking back.

Highly energetic, this small shadeling leaps and bounds about as though constantly avoiding capture. Its surface shimmers with an oily slickness, slightly reflecting its surroundings, and though vaguely humanoid in overall shape, its extremities are oddly globular.
    An inky shadeling looks weak and feeble.
    You have emoted: Vash approaches an inky shadeling "Whats this?"

Tekias nods slowly, still looking around, yellow ylem eyes moving over the crumbling stonework walls. At your question, he turns to see what is being asked about. "Ah, my shadeling. An elemental being of Shadow. In combat, it helps by freezing and damaging my enemies."

You have emoted: Eyes sparking with amusement Vash circles an inky shadeling "You know, I have never seen one of you fight. Teani always grows fur before she kills things".

Tekias chuckles softly, nodding his head. "I'm not much of a combatant, myself. If you wish to see a mage's true power, Cardie is the one you want. My Seismic Lord is the one to train our mages in combat, whether for assault or support."

You have emoted: "Good to know, I would love to see the other guilds in combat" Vash scuffs his foot across the dirt floor before looking back at you "So if this is all in your mind I would have expected more crystals and less" he gestures around the room "this. Uh, no offense indented".

Tekias shakes his head. "None intended. As I said, this is how my mind was when I became Hollow. Fractured, incomplete..." He looks down at himself. "...still made of flesh and bone."

Tekias tells you, "((*None taken...dunno how I got those words mixed))"

You have emoted: Vash looks rather shocked "Wait, you mean you did not always look as you do now?"

Tekias shakes his head. "I was once human, just like you."

You have emoted: Vash walks over to a crumbling wall and carefully leans against it, his eyes sparkling in amusement "You can't just drop that kind of statement without giving me more of the story".

Tekias watches you, smirking some. "When you become Hollow, you get...well, a need to fill your being once more. A yearning. Some fill themselves with the essence of death and become Azudim, some the essence of life, Yeleni. Others, like myself and Teani, transcend that and rely on our own being to become Idreth...my form unravelled, my being nothing, until I pulled myself back together from nothing...and when I did, I was no longer flesh and bone, but crystal and Element."

You have emoted: Eyes growing wide, his voice tinged with awe Vash looks at you in shock "Wait, you are saying you remade yourself using your own power" his grin turns into a wide smile "That is so amazing!" he is practically bouncing with excitement "Does that mean you can change your body any time you want? Did it hurt? How long did it take? Did you know before it happened that this was a possibility?" he pauses to take a breath.

Tekias gives a soft chuckle at the rapid fire questions, showing no signs of exasperation at the curiosity. "I suppose I could, but I see no reason to. Idreth are, perhaps moreso than Azudim or Yeleni, capable of so much regarding their own Self. I knew I would change, but...the extent of such was not on my mind. As for how long...not too long, though my perception of time may have been altered while I was unraveled."

You have emoted: Vash settles back against the crumbling wall "I had no idea! I think I would change my body every day just for fun if I could." he holds up a hand raising a finger after each idea "More muscles, really tall, really short, I would have to give a crystal body a try" he gives you a wink "and perhaps something with a tail" he ends with five fingers held before him "I can't believe I did not ask about this before".

"I would focus on just one form...it might be straining for you to chameleon yourself in such a way if you tried." Tekias watches you, leaning back against the wall as he sits on the bed. "But, I've never tried myself. I actually like this form of mine."

It is now dusk on Closday, the 11th of Variach, year 467 of the Midnight Age.

You have emoted: Waving his hands dismissively in the air Vash gives a brief smirk "Oh I am so far away from having such power it is not really a concern, though I do appreciate the warning" his expression grows thoughtful as he bends down and pinches a bit of dirt between his fingers "So is all of this real or just something you are imagining?" he holds the dirt up to his eyes "I mean if I rubbed this on my shirt and then you kicked me out would I return to awareness in the Hound and Halberd with a dirty shirt or just the memory of one?"

Tekias gives a bit of a grin at your wonder. "Here, perception is reality. If I gave you ten thousand gold, then we returned, your haven shell would suddenly be a bit heavier, and mine lighter."

You have emoted: Eyes sparkling with amusement Vash holds out a hand "Are you sure about that?"

Tekias gives 1000 gold sovereigns to you.
    [Gold]: You have gained 1000 gold.

You utter a deep, rumbling laugh.

Tekias grins some at you. "I'm sure." He thinks a bit, before placing some gold into the open hand.

You ask Tekias, "Ok, so how do I break out of your mind then to test this out?"

Tekias gets up with a bit of a groan, nodding his head. "Very well." He beckons you over, walking over towards the edge of the floating land.

You are already following Tekias.

You have emoted: Vash joins you at the edge, still holding the gold in his hand.

Tekias makes a motion to take one more step, his foot hovering over nothing-ness. Then he freezes, concentrating.
    You follow Tekias to the ether.

Dingy common room of the "Hound and Halberd" Tavern.

You give 1000 gold sovereigns to Tekias.
    [Gold]: You have lost 1000 gold.
    You have emoted: Vash holds the gold up for a close inspection before grinning widely and tossing it back to Tekias "Fascinating".

Shadow Warden Tekias Ilstrem-Cardinalis says to you, "The mind can be a powerful thing."

You have emoted: Turning serious Vash gives Tekias a low bow "Thank you for sharing that with me, it was an experience that I shall not forget" as he straitens he begins to grin again "Though I would suggest thinking hard about changing that look if you can".

Shadow Warden Tekias Ilstrem-Cardinalis says to you, "Which look? Mine, or my haven?"

You have emoted: Vash picks the chair off of the floor and plops back down into it "Your haven" he gestures vaguely at Tekias "You are not my type" he gives Tekias a wink "but I also can not imagine you being any different".

Your pose is now set as:
    Vash is here, slouched at a table.

Tekias smirks at you, taking his seat once more as well. "I really should...I could expand upon it, as well..." He grins some at the latter comment. "Never know till you try it." He gives you a wink before just grinning wider. "You're not mine either, though."

You have emoted: Chuckling Vash deliberately gives you a once over with his eyes "While I am always up for trying new things, in this case I must decline, you see I am already in a relationship and loyalty is very important to me".
    Typically In Game: JST (GMT+9) 6AM-8AM and 6PM-10PM
    TekiasPazradymDidiTeani
  • All of Vash's original clothes have turned to dust. Luckily he somehow convinced the amazingly talented @teani to spoil him with some new ones. I love clothes and all the work players put into designing them. So I figured I would my new ones off.

Also while tracking down @Didi to show off his new hat Vash visited Duiran for the first time and ran into @Caolan and @Lirael

Description of the clothes
    He is a normal Tekal of Human heritage with dark tan skin on an extremely slender and short frame. His ebon hair is shoulder length and unkempt, with stray locks sticking out randomly and a slight curl on the end. Bright-green eyes are set into a face with high brows, prominent cheekbones, and a wide chin. He often can be found grinning slightly and generally adopts a casual, if not slouched, posture. A hint of dark stubble suggests he only shaves every few days.
    (worn lose) : a pair of obsidian snow boots
    (left unbuttoned) : a fur-lined obsidian long coat
    (circling the right wrist) : a bracer-like duskcrystal bracelet
    (slightly crooked) : a bright-colored, feathered hat
    (sleeves rolled up) : a sapphire, laced-up tunic
    (tucked into boots) : a pair of long, sapphire breeches

Made of resin-treated obsidian leather with a soft woolen interior, these boots are ideal for winter weather. The thick soles have a deep pattern cut into them to assist with moving across treacherous icy ground. A flap at the front can be folded down to aide in donning the boots, and is then folded back up and secured tightly to the calves by three leather straps. The treated leather keeps moisture out, while the soft wool inside provides both warmth and comfort.

Thick wool has been cut into a sleek design that keeps close to the upper body and more open at the bottom. Along with three buttons at the front, a broad belt at the waist keeps the coat closed, all made of the same thick obsidian-colored fabric. Mottled sapphire fur lines the wide collar, which is voluminous enough to be used as a shallow cowl if the weather gets cold. Thanks to the flared-out design of the bottom, the two deep pockets below the waist don't seem bulky, but rather hide within the folds. The bottom hem ends below mid-calf, wide enough to make moving about easy.

Broad enough to cover a good portion of the wrist, this bracelet almost looks like a small, and more decorative version of a bracer. Black leather makes up the base of the piece, carefully stitched along the edges to create an intricate geometrical pattern. Two gold wires twist and turn around one another on top of the leather, widening enough at the front and center to clasp a single, faceted duskcrystal between them. Its multi-colored hues appear even more brilliant against the dark background, allowing the various pink hues to shine whenever it is touched by light.

Felt dyed a bright sapphire color, this hat is extravagant in almost every possible way. The wide brim has been curled up on the right side to pin down an array of sapphire and violet feathers, matching the overall brightness of the item. A silk ribbon runs around the bowl, which has been dented stylishly along the top to form a straight crease. The front end of the brim tips down a little, not enough to limit vision, but enough to provide shade from the sun.

Soft sapphire linen has been shaped into this airy tunic. The design is perfectly fitted across the shoulders, but leaves plenty of room round the torso to move and breath. Two slits, one at either hip, allow even more movement, as the garment reaches some ways down the thighs. Long sleeves end with soft cuffs that can be buttoned at the wrists. The neckline dips into a 'V' along the sternum, reinforced with a second layer of fabric. A piece of obsidian string has been laced through eyelets, crisscrossing back and forth up to the folded-down collar.

Simple, yet functional, these breeches are made of a fine, yet sturdy material, which is soft to the touch. The fabric follows close to the wearer's legs without being restricting and runs all the way down to the ankles. The lower part of the legs are kept tighter to allow them to fit into a boot. At the waist, a simple drawstring keeps them in place.

Adventure Log
    You unlock the west door.
    You open the door to the west.

Inside the outer gate.
    Just inside the outer gate, the layout of the Outer City and the Citadel can be seen. The road passes through the gates and slowly bends back and forth as it descends into the Outer City and the valley below. Near the end of the road, the way begins to ascend again towards the inner gates of the Citadel. Along the road's edge, small buildings and a number of farms have been built, providing the city with trade and food. The outer wall of the city stretches to the east and the west, sealing off the valley from attacks from the south. The outer gate cuts through the wall to the southeast, while the road through the Outer City stretches to the west. A small stairway cut into the stone wall allows access to its ramparts. A splinter of crystal has been thrust into the ground, the dead stare of Zaila's piked head gleaming from the refracted light. A five-sided pillar of dark, smoky quartz clutches at the sky with lightning-wreathed claws of stone, surrounded by a veil of turbulent air. A granite monument stands here, its surface polished to a shine. A grand pair of gates, seemingly formed from solid ice, stand thrown open here. There are 2 cabalists of jherza here. There are 2 Republican guards here. There are 3 conscripted Spirean soldiers here. A Sciomancer of the Spires stands here, his hands resting on a black voidstaff. Rising stark towards the sky, the spindly frame of the Wheel of Fates is here. A division of Spirean military police loiters here, surveiling the city streets. There are 3 Syssin Defenders here. A poster for a cocktail hangs here, a beautiful pouting Idreth adorning it. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Teani sits on the stairs outside her house, a sketchbook in her lap.

You see exits leading east (open pine door), southeast, southwest (hidden), west, and up.

You close the door to the east.
    You lock the east door.

You have emoted: After locking the door behind him Vash plops down next to Teani with a big grin, leaning over to give her a quick kiss before looking down at the book in her hands "What'cha drawing?"

Teani pauses only long enough to return the kiss before going back to sketching. "Designs for clothes, jewelry and other things. There's a new hat for sale in my shop, and a tunic for you."

Your pose is now set as:
    Vash is here, leaning up against Teani on the steps.
    You tell Teani, "(( oh sure, right after I set my pose! hehe ))"
    You return to a normal position, relaxing the pose.

You have emoted: Vash jumps to his feet, his voice full of excitement "Really?!" he starts to walk to the gate but pauses and turns back to Teani with a sheepish grin "Err, you don't mind if I run over to look right away do you?"

Teani glances up and grins. "Of course not! They won't go away, but you can go and come back later."

You have emoted: "Great!" Vash blows Teani a kiss calling out "See you in a bit my love!" before turning and walking through the gates of the city, his steps bouncing with excitement.

*insert running to T's shop, buying things, running to get a dyekit, putting on things, etc. *

You unlock the west door.
    You open the door to the west.
    Inside the outer gate.
    Just inside the outer gate, the layout of the Outer City and the Citadel can be seen. The road passes through the gates and slowly bends back and forth as it descends into the Outer City and the valley below. Near the end of the road, the way begins to ascend again towards the inner gates of the Citadel. Along the road's edge, small buildings and a number of farms have been built, providing the city with trade and food. The outer wall of the city stretches to the east and the west, sealing off the valley from attacks from the south. The outer gate cuts through the wall to the southeast, while the road through the Outer City stretches to the west. A small stairway cut into the stone wall allows access to its ramparts. A splinter of crystal has been thrust into the ground, the dead stare of Zaila's piked head gleaming from the refracted light. A five-sided pillar of dark, smoky quartz clutches at the sky with lightning-wreathed claws of stone, surrounded by a veil of turbulent air. A granite monument stands here, its surface polished to a shine. A grand pair of gates, seemingly formed from solid ice, stand thrown open here. There are 2 cabalists of jherza here. There are 2 Republican guards here. There are 3 conscripted Spirean soldiers here. A Sciomancer of the Spires stands here, his hands resting on a black voidstaff. Rising stark towards the sky, the spindly frame of the Wheel of Fates is here. A division of Spirean military police loiters here, surveiling the city streets. There are 3 Syssin Defenders here. A poster for a cocktail hangs here, a beautiful pouting Idreth adorning it. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Teani sits on the stairs outside her house, a sketchbook in her lap.
    You see exits leading east (open pine door), southeast, southwest (hidden), west, and up.

You have emoted: After throwing open the door with a loud crash Vash jumps out over the steps, turns to face Teani and strikes a heroic pose for a brief moment before tipping his bright-colored, feathered hat to her with a grin and asking "So my brilliant shadow, how do I look?"

Teani puts her writing tools aside for the moment, looking up at you with a smile. "See, that's stylish. You like the design?" she asks, getting up and walking over to you and starts fussing with how the feathers are turned.

You have emoted: Vash stands a little taller, clearly happy that Teani approve. "I would instantly have bought it had I seen it in any shop but knowing that you designed it makes it that much better".

"Well, I did have you in mind when making it," Teani says, leaning in to give you a kiss.

Grinning, you say to Teani, "You actually designed all of my clothes."

You have emoted: Noticing that he left the door open Vash quickly walks up the steps to shut and lock it before turning back to Teani "Am I disturbing you in your work? I am sure I can find some way to get in to trouble while you sketch if I am" his eyes sparkle with amusement.

Teani shrugs a shoulder. "Might be best if you try to drain your energy reserves a bit on other things for a while," she says with a chuckle. "I'll be sketching for some time, but I wouldn't mind if you give me some ideas on what to focus on next."

You have emoted: Grinning mischievously Vash's voice takes on a teasing tone as he replies to Teani "I will be sure not to drain all of it" he pauses and looks thoughtful "well unless I find someone exceptionally" he wiggles his eyebrows "interesting." Still grinning he continues "As far as what you should design next I haven't the slightest idea, perhaps a tabard designed to be worn over armor?"

Didi's thoughts fill your head, "All the jewelry."

You tell Didi, "Didi! Come see my new hat!"

Teani nods at you. "A tabard," she says, scribbling down a note. "I should go inside, so I don't get disturbed."

You tell didi, "Actually I never track you down, hold still."

*travel spam*

Stone bridge over a spring. (road)
    ------ v43846 -------
    /
    [ ]
    |
    |
    | /
    -[+]- - -[ ]
    | \
    |
    |
    [ ]
    \
    ------ -16:0:1 ------
    A natural stone bridge crosses over the mountain spring running just beneath. The clear waters of the pool offer visibility straight down into its pebbly bottom, a variety of glittering stones reflecting through the waters in the presence of direct light. The rocky grey facade of the cavern rises up directly to the west, its bulky surface jutting out as an overhang in places to shade the pool. The bridge squeezes through a narrow gap in the western Hollow's face, leading through to what appears to be forest beyond. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A statue of Ulgar, father of all Trolls is here, one arm extended toward the sky. Rising stark towards the sky, the spindly frame of the Wheel of Fates is here. An enormous marble hand rises from the ground here, a mirror set within its stony palm. A simple deposit box has been left here. There are 3 diminutive nightingales here. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. There are 2 burly centaur crossbowmen here. There are 2 tempestuous undine aquacasters here. Blending in nearly perfectly with her environs, a cloaked wilderness warden waits here for potential trouble. A viridian satyr stamps his hooves over the ground, muttering shamanic curses to himself here. Snuffling low to the ground, a stout badger wards off potential threats here. A striped raccoon waddles about nearby. Its belly to the ground, a crocodile waits here with its jaws open, baring that distinctive crocodile smile. Advertising the 'Jaziran Bite' drink, a poster of a beautiful Idreth hangs here. Translucent fur ruffled by an unfelt wind, a bear spirit hulks menacingly over its surroundings. An iridescent hummingbird hovers here, its wings moving at incredible speed. A tiny ball of white and grey fluff, resembling an owlet, is here. A brown bald eagle soars here in search of prey. Keen eyes trained on the surroundings, a red-tailed hawk is perched here. Talmuer is here, concealed within the shadows. He wields a vicious light brown dhurive in his hands. Emissary Caolan Laidir is here. He is riding on an elk. He wields a vicious grey dhurive in his hands. Pridesman Kyrdto Gallant, History Hunter is here, concealed within the shadows. He is riding on a powerful black bear. He wields a vicious white dhurive in his hands. Didi Lionheart is here, a swirl of air encompassing her. She wields a thin metallic firestick in her left hand and an emberite-veined scimitar in her right. Lirael is here. She wields a Shamanic quarterstaff in her hands.
    You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.

A cloaked forestal warden peers at you suspiciously.

Emissary Caolan Laidir says to you, "Hello."

Talmuer asks Caolan to instruct him in Dhuriv.

You tell Didi, "People!"

Didi Lionheart says, "He's just showing me his hat."

Emissary Caolan Laidir asks impishly to you, "Not here to stir trouble are you?"

Comprehension flashes across Caolan's face.

Wow, this is a rather large crowd.

Pridesman Kyrdto Gallant, History Hunter exclaims to Talmuer, "That should help you moving around, but be sure to use the pill!"

Talmuer says, "Should I learn Woodlore now?"

Didi tilts her head and listens intently.

Pridesman Kyrdto Gallant, History Hunter says, "Well, excuse me, please."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Are you transcendent in Dhuriv?"

Kyrdto clenches his right fist and pounds his chest thrice in rapid succession, symbolizing the vibrant heart that beats within.

Talmuer nods his head emphatically.

Caolan turns to face Kyrdto clenching his right fist and pounding his chest thrice in rapid succession, symbolizing the vibrant heart that beats within.

A shadowy figure leaves to the east, followed by Didi.
    He is followed by a curious owlet, a dark, bald eagle, a red-tailed hawk, and an iridescent hummingbird.

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "I would get Overkill in survival, then move on to woodlore."
    There's no one here by that name. *the curse of slow typing!*
    There's no one here by that name.
    Didi's thoughts fill your head, "Brb."

You have emoted: Vash pauses on seeing the large group of people, turning to face Caolan with a friendly smile he replies, "I am not, just wanted to show off my new hat to my friend" he glances over to see Didi has left and gives a small shrug "but it seems she has left".

Lirael raises her staff in wordless greeting to you with the soft clatter of bone upon wood.
    Lirael smiles at you.

You ask Caolan, "Would it be alright if I waited here for her to return?"

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Of course."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Just be aware that the use of Shadow skills is forbidden within the Council."

You have emoted: Vash frowns slightly on hearing this "Ah I see, I was not aware" he pauses for a moment before continuing "I have a core of shadow power inside me at all times, is that going to be an issue?"

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Just keep it on the inside."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Are you an archivist?"

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Or a sciomancer?"

Didi's thoughts fill your head, "Emotes are awesome."

You have emoted: Vash tips his bright-colored, feathered hat to caolan "I am an Archivist student and a shapeshifter, I could adopt my other form if that would be more acceptable".

Lirael says, "May I ask what form you take?"

You say to Lirael, "I am a wolf and proud member of pack Vetra."

Comprehension flashes across Lirael's face.

Lirael says to you, "Nice!"

You have emoted: Vash walks over to the edge of the bridge to look down into the water below, leaning his elbows on the stone, supporting his chin in his hands.

He is a muscular Idreth of Orc heritage Six feet and nine inches tall, he possesses a powerful, toned figure. He has a robust, full head of coppery-bronze hair, braided into thick, shaggy dreadlocks. His features are severe but handsome, with angular, squarish lines to the shape of his face. His masculine, statuesque jaw is heavily bearded, the red-bronze of his facial hair contrasting against the silvery-green of his complexion. His beard has been plaited, the length of it reaching down to his chest in a braided rope. He has a wide and full-lipped mouth, with solid, well-maintained tusks jutting prominently upwards from his maw. In the fashion of the Laidir bloodline, traditional orcish scarification winds its way up his right arm, beginning from his wrist and ending at his shoulder, winding around and around like a snake's coils. On the other arm, a band of knotwork scarring wraps around his bicep. A pair of curling, ramlike horns sprout from the sides of his head, wickedly pointed at the tips. Beautiful whorls of silvery-green scarring decorate his shoulders and upper back, parted by two parallel sine waves which slash across his shoulder blades.
    (slung across the chest) : an iron-studded weaponbelt
    (fullbody) : a blackened carapace chainmail
    (around the neck) : a cracked hematite medallion of the Pride
    (worn on a finger) : a direwolf-etched silver ring
    (worn on the legs) : cross-stitched leather trousers
    (covering the torso) : a simple white shirt
    (worn on the feet) : a pair of leather ranger's boots

She is a wise Kelki and is a buxom, alluring woman. Standing a little over five and a half feet tall, she possesses a comely figure, slender-waisted and graceful while retaining an appealing curviness to her. Pastel blues and pale greens and soft whites in hue, her skin is soft and smooth to the touch, her delicate scales so tiny as to barely be visible, clustering most heavily around her collar and the nape of her neck. The pale fairness of her skin is parted vividly by her gills, tucked neatly behind her ears; thin, graceful slashes of scarlet betraying their presence. Her features are gentle and slight, with a small, pert nose, a delicately pointed jaw, full lips and exotic, almond shaped eyes coloured with the ocean green of sea glass and flecks of lavender. In approximation of a cute, shoulder-length bob, thick, smooth tentacles flow down just past the nape of her neck, tapering all the while. A deep russet at the base, the tentacles fade to a pale rose towards the tips, with pale white undersides capped with little suckers.
    (worn on the back) : an oil-treated, vine-etched pack
    (worn on the feet) : plain brown boots
    (obscuring the face) : a slit-eyed mask of patchwork bone
    (worn on a finger) : a pretty crimson poppy ring
    (resting atop her forehead) : venantium, multi-lens goggles
    (covering the body) : ivory tempered ringmail
    (around one wrist) : a moss-covered wooden bracelet
    (covering the body) : a wintry fur-lined robe
    (around one wrist) : a beaded string bracelet
    (worn on the hands) : an iron ylem-binding gauntlet
    (hanging from the shoulders) : an elegant black velvet cloak
    (worn on the hands) : a pair of elegant scarlet silk gloves
    (worn on a finger) : a direwolf-etched silver ring

Emissary Caolan Laidir says to you, "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Lirael's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

You have emoted: Vash turns his head to reply to Caolan with a smile "Yes very, this is my first time here".

Emissary Caolan Laidir says to you, "We are fine with you being an Archivist, just do not employ any bioessence."

Comprehension flashes across Caolan's face.

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "I am glad you like it, then."

You ask Caolan, "May I ask why my abilities are not welcome if it is not rude to do so?"

Caolan nods his head emphatically.

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Do you know of Dendara?"

You have emoted: Vash stands and turns to face Caolan, holding a hand out he tilts it from side to side "Vaguely, it is another plane but beyond that I do not know much".

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Well, Dendara is a plane of ancient, nigh-godlike spirits."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "It is a very natural place, moving perfectly within the Natural Rhythm."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "However... It is corruptible."

Softly, Lirael says, "It is beautiful."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "The corruption of Dendara can spawn horrific titans of destruction."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "And it has."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "The Goddess Lleis gave Her own Life to purge Dendara of its corruption most recently..."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "For which the whole world and Duiran especially will be eternally grateful."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "But... This does not mean that Dendara is immune to further corruption."

You have emoted: Frowning slightly Vash asks "I infer then that shadow power was the cause of that corruption?"

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Yes."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Dendara was corrupted by Shadow."

You ask, "And I also infer that there is a strong connection between Dendara and Duiran?"

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Duiran is dedicated to the protection of Dendara."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "The Guardians of Dendara grant our Shamans, the Praadi, their spirit magic."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "The entrance to Dendara from this plane is located nearby."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Hence, we do not allow any Shadow essence to be made use of it within the vicinity of the Council."

You say to Caolan, "That makes perfect sense, and I greatly appreciate the warning."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "We do not blindly renounce Shadow."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "We have reasons for it."

Emissary Caolan Laidir laughingly says, "It is a fantastic hat, by the way."

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

You say to Caolan, "Why thank you!"

You have emoted: Vash looks around quickly and gives a small shrug "It seems she is not going to return anytime soon".

Lirael says, "I hope at least she saw your hat."

Lirael's eyes sparkle with amusement.

You have emoted: Vash tips his bright-colored, feathered hat once again and says to Caolan "It was a pleasure to meet you, and thank you once again" he then turns to Lirael "I am sure she will track me down in her own time so I can properly show it off".

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Hmm."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "I just told Didi to c'mere."

A diminutive nightingale lands on Caolan's shoulder and warbles encouragingly.

Your eyes sparkle with amusement.

You say, "I think she is shopping so it might be a while."

Didi swims in from the east.
    She is followed by a curious owlet, a dark, bald eagle, a red-tailed hawk, and an iridescent hummingbird.

Didi Lionheart says, "Ok showoff hat."

You utter a deep, rumbling laugh.

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Never."

Didi Lionheart says, "Sorry."

Lirael gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Didi Lionheart says, "Staring at cloths and things."

Didi Lionheart says, "Apparently i need to reduce prices."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Also!"

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Where do I get a red-tailed hawk?"

Didi Lionheart says, "Oo sapphire."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "I love that bird."

Lirael says, "Oh my, that is a very amazing hat."

Didi Lionheart says, "Minipet."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "I know."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "But... are they still available?"

You have emoted: Vash runs a finger across the brim of his bright-colored, feathered hat with a big grin "Yes, Teani is an amazing designer isn't she?"

Didi Lionheart says, "And violet lovely."

Didi Lionheart says, "Er handsome."

Grinning, you say to Didi, "Too many people just wear black, I need to add some color to the city."

The corners of Caolan's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Didi Lionheart says, "Black is so slimming."

Didi Lionheart says, "Er stealthy."

Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Look at me, I'm colourful."
    Caolan points at his shirt.
    Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "White."
    Caolan points at his trousers.
    Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Brown."
    Caolan points at his boots.
    Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Browner."
    Caolan points at his skin.
    Emissary Caolan Laidir says, "Green!"

You grin mischievously at Caolan.