Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    tomi confirmed for sokka irl

Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Satomi
  • I just want to be able to be either Sokka or Captain Boomerang. Can call me Captain O.O

• QendylQendyl Colorado, USA
    This may only strictly effect wayfarers, and in an even smaller sense, adaptation .. But is there a reason that "Ancient Forest" environments don't count as forest when it comes to wayfaring, or is there a way that could be changed to work as "Forest" environment when it comes to that?
    Sigmund
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I think this was asked in-game before, and an answer was provided there. The only place that even has 'Ancient Forest' is the Heartwood in Duiran. And since Duiran is a city, technically, it's not made to work there.
    Phoenecia said:

I think this was asked in-game before, and an answer was provided there. The only place that even has 'Ancient Forest' is the Heartwood in Duiran. And since Duiran is a city, technically, it's not made to work there.

Awesome. Thanks for the answer. Maybe I'll ask IC, I just didn't really think it would be an IC thing to ask :smile:
  • I filed a bug about it (there's also some Alpine Forest rooms on Albedos that don't count) and was told that it was intentional. I'm not sure why, but maybe it's not as easy as flagging "Ancient Forest/Alpine Forest" as Forest rooms.
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    edited August 2017
    WTB Gumbo identity for stews. It's a type of stew! Typically consisting of sea food! (Gotta include what the typical Arqeshi and Nazetu stews would ACTUALLY be called and all that!!)

@Keroc pretty please?

edit: And yes, I do see Nazetu and Arqeshi as distinctively being south louisiana in their eating habits, I mean hell, I had family who came to visit from Louisiana, they brought Gumbo and the ingredients list for meat alone was half a page long, and at least three quarters of it was stuff you had to hunt yourself (I.E: I ain't making it myself any time soon, very little of the ingredients were not either hunted, or hand-reared and could not be found on store shelves). Seasoning was typically spicy, mixed with whatever else they had on hand, and typically was best served right alongside your favorite alcoholic beverage. And yes, these were the kind of family you'd typically expect to be in Louisiana, and not the "We party all night long and ladies are thrown beads for showing their breasts" types..
    Sigmund
  • @Axius @Keroc I have relatives in Louisiana. Can confirm.

AxiusSigmund
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    we dont have okra guys how could u even
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    All I'm drawing in my mind is edible versions of this.

AxiusZailaTekiasKynaRhyotCaolanEmirRunas
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    edited August 2017
    @Keroc I don't have a picture of that family's gumbo, this was a few years back, but this is ONE variation of Gumbo:

And for being exactly what Arqeshi and Nazetu eat (described in the HELP scrolls for each race) it's actually pretty delicious. It's literally a stew where they toss in whatever they have meat wise, add in some spices, and then dole it out amongst everyone in the family. It usually is made for family gatherings because most family members bring in -something- to add to it, whether that's potatoes, carrots, meats, mushrooms, or spices, it's always an interesting experience. I can say it was my first time tasting snake and crocodile though. Hand-drove that stuff up in their pickup truck.
    Sigmund
  • edited August 2017
    Some smaller stuff perhaps a bit combat related too:

- A command to dismiss/unsummon Shadelings could be convenient. Of course we can drop them rogue around or kill before deciding to walk around. But it could make more sense to be able to send our loyals back to their plane.

- For training rooms, ability to Refract to ourselves or some other way to make vibrations hit ourselves.
    XeniaSigmund
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Kalak Unless I'm mistaken, you should be able to have vibes hit yourself if you turn Config Disregard On. This should allow all your skills to strike yourself.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Haven said:

@Kalak Unless I'm mistaken, you should be able to have vibes hit yourself if you turn Config Disregard On. This should allow all your skills to strike yourself.

Disregarding isn't a thing anymore! Was causing too many problems.
    Haven
  • KasimirKasimir Clearwater, FL
    edited August 2017
    Aishia said:

Disregarding isn't a thing anymore! Was causing too many problems.

Does getting hit with Paranoia still work?

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    I believe disregarding IS still a thing. You just have to be in a dojo for it to be useful/activated.

It was changed because people were using mind command to have people target themselves, so people were hitting themselves in midcombat due to disregarding. So it'll still work, just be in a dojo/training ground.

• Rhyot said:

I believe disregarding IS still a thing. You just have to be in a dojo for it to be useful/activated.

It was changed because people were using mind command to have people target themselves, so people were hitting themselves in midcombat due to disregarding. So it'll still work, just be in a dojo/training ground.

The suggestion was not about disregarding itself but particularly for vibes. You can target yourself with most skills and tones, but cannot make vibes work against you passively.

Even tried Refract (which allows your vibes to be effective on people without enemying them), but still it did not work. So basically in current form training rooms will not allow you to get hit by your own vibrations.
    Didi
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Can we make an option to turn off orgwide boon/favor messages on and off? It's a lot of spam.

10844 (aetolia) 8/02/2017 Your order has been granted the Boon of Ha...
    10847 (aetolia) 8/05/2017 Your city has been granted the boon of Dha...
    10849 (aetolia) 8/06/2017 Your order has been granted the Boon of Ha...
    10853 (aetolia) 8/08/2017 Your city has been granted the boon of Dha...
    10854 (aetolia) 8/09/2017 Your order has been granted the Boon of Ha...
    10871 (aetolia) 8/13/2017 Your city has been granted the boon of Dha...
    *******************************************************************************

10672 (aetolia) 6/07/2017 The favor of Haern has worn off.
    10676 (aetolia) 6/07/2017 The favor of Dhar has worn off.
    10688 (aetolia) 6/10/2017 The favor of Dhar has worn off.
    10689 (aetolia) 6/10/2017 The favor of Haern has worn off.
    *******************************************************************************

etc...

TekiasTeaniAryanneLinErzsebet
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    @Sibatti Ideasupport 651

Incidentally, the idea system in game has been getting lots of love from Tiur and Co. <3's and Kudos to you guys.

More people in the community should go through and support the ideas they like, since they're actually paying attention to the idea system now.

Specifically want to draw attention to Idea 666, because I think our Admin/Volunteer team needs more love. <3

imageimage
    TekiasVashXenia
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Erzsebet said:

Specifically want to draw attention to Idea 666, because I think our Admin/Volunteer team needs more love.

> showidea 666
    Idea #666 Section: unassigned Support: 2
    2017/08/02 08:03:19: Can we have a generic divine esteem ability? Like. You don't always know who the amazing divine mob-possessing your gremlin IS to tell them directly that they're awesome and you appreciate their efforts, but you definitely want to let them know. So this ability would just post the esteem awesomeness to a feed the divine could all check. So, for example, if I KNOW who it is, I can be like GODESTEEM TIUR -OMG YOU ARE SO AMAZING, THE WAY YOU ASPLODED RAZMAEL LIKE THAT WAS BOSS, KEEP DOING WHAT YOU DO MAN. Or if I don't know, I can be like 'To the glorious individual who was mobpossessing , that interaction was amazing and absolutely made my day.' It's twofold awesome--it lets us express our happy omgyouguysrock feelings, and gives you guys a sort of group affirmation feed which can be a total pick-me-up for days when you have to deal with people being bigger jerks than they should, particularly given all the hard work and effort it takes to be a volunteer on a game like this. It'd be good for morale! And of course, anyone using it for negativity can be quartered, drawn, and have their Godhappyprivleges viciously revoked.

> ideasupport 666
    You have expressed your support for Idea #666.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

ErzsebetTeaniSigmund
  • While not the exact idea, if you express esteem for any admin/god shell, we'll all get a notification about it. So you can esteem Tiur/Razmael/Keroc/Whoever for your general nonspecific esteems for now.

Zaila
  • Just don't esteem us about what a great kisser I am, that would be embarrassing for you.

VashTeaniZailaRunas
    So if you know who it is, you can use the existing mechanic? And if you don't know who it is, give it to one of the Trinity of Awesome?
    imageimage
  • Yeah, we're basically a hive mind.

Erzsebet
    New Idea, then: Make gods/shells/admin not count towards the daily limit of esteem we can give out. Since you guys don't benefit from an XP boost.
    imageimage
    VashAxiusTeaniZailaSigmund
  • When XTERM came out, config, using mudbot has had some of its difficulties but many people have gone onto using the path find system, This is more a request for that.

Could we have a way to make PATH FIND take into account WINGS/AMULETS? @Keroc @Tiur I was going to make it a classlead but, I already had 8/9 and completely forgot about this til someone mentioned it the other day as I know a few people who still run mudbot JUST for this feature and they dont wish to waste the 800+ credits spent on the artifact.

like path find -num- path go -wings/amulet- and if thats shortest route to the -num- to use it
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

TeaniErzsebet
    Currently, when a wayfarer trying to change masteries, you have to just know how long you've been in your mastery for , and if you attempt to change masteries it just shows you "You have too recently specialized in an environment to change it again.".

Could that be changed to say something like "You have too recently specialized in an environment. You may change again in ### amount of time"?

Or could the syntax WAYFARE MASTERY show the amount of time as well as which environment?

On the same subject of wayfarer's, When will the L2 and L3 "wayfare_mastery" artifacts be available?
  • TiurTiur Producer
    It should show on COOLDOWNS.

Artifacts, I dunno.
    Tiur said:

It should show on COOLDOWNS.

Artifacts, I dunno.

You have too recently specialized in an environment to change it again.

You have nothing on cooldown right now.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Okay, as far as I can tell from code... Cooldowns will show it if you have the artifact, but otherwise, it's cleared every new year and doesn't really have a cooldown to check.

I bet the artifacts will be added later today or tomorrow. I am away for a memorial and can't really hop on and fix it.