Tethers and Conversion

Comments

• TiurTiur Producer
    edited July 2017
    I think I'll just make Ascendril/Sciomancer so different that it makes no sense for them not to convert across. Part of me does get annoyed that I am making players pay to forget Crystalism and relearn Crystalism.

So, there. My takeaway is fixing that.
    KalakJaymiXavinZailaEowynLin
  • Kalak said:

If you think, right now you have a seamless world which molds strong lore, RP, PvP and PvE together, I shall be direct. No you have not.

I have never had a problem infusing my roleplay with PvP or anything else in game.

What I have seen from your behavior in game and on the forums, however, is that you tend to want to force all of the above into what you -wish- the lore were, but you're bound by what actually exists and by in game mechanics. You can't just take the wheel on major story elements like the Shadow Plane and expect the admins give a positive response. You can't jump tethers and expect to wield the powers of a Sciomancer as effectively as you used to, either.

A character built within the confines of the existing lore and game mechanics can function organically and provide an enriching experience, but you shouldn't expect a "seamless world" when your decisions are constantly busting said seams, and you certainly shouldn't be complaining when an admin tells you that what you want simply won't happen because of it.

JaymiKanivara
  • KodazaKodaza Los Angeles
    Tiur said:

I think I'll just make Ascendril/Sciomancer so different that it makes no sense for them not to convert across. Part of me does get annoyed that I am making players pay to forget Crystalism and relearn Crystalism.

Can I keep Crystalism?

• Kodaza said:

Tiur said:

Can I keep Crystalism?
    Nope.

-sob-

• edited July 2017
    @Fezzix That criticism was towards PvP feeling like a subgame mode. Ylem and Sect battles are soulless and does not touch to RP too much in my perspective. But of course, I have no objection to those who find ylem stuff exciting. And if you mean RP regarding Shadow Plane, it was so seen from different perspectives and word got around so much, the story got effectively poisoned. Though I am cool with that. Moved on.

Now, I believe so far I have stated all I needed to state. Guess, it will be better for me to give this a rest for the time being.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    See you at the next "This mechanic needs to change for my benefit" thread in a few days *waves*
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

TozKalakKodaKodazaXeniaRhyotArbreKanivaraLin
  • Kodaza said:

Side-swapping is a larger investment of social currency than it is either credits or time. The lesson loss forces us to pause and consider all three. If there was no mechanical drawback to side-swapping and it was left entirely in player hands, the social currency would become a much more vicious black market of feelings.

I think this bears repeating. Changing sides, as expensive as it can be in terms of credits lost due to class cut-off, is definitely more of a social thing. It isn't such a huge deal if you're a relatively new character but it does close avenues to you, at least in the short term. If you're a long-established character and you try to switch sides...well good luck. Because the side you are switching to is going to make you work harder for acceptance, and the side you are leaving is not going to just take you back without question if you decide it's too hard and go back with your tail between your legs.

As an aside, @Tiur, I'm excited that you're doing something about these classes. Sometime. Eventually.

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Xavin said:

As an aside, @Tiur, I'm excited that you're doing something about these classes. Sometime. Eventually.
    The preferred term is "SoonTM"

Hi.

XavinZailaKodaTeani
  • Tekias said:

Xavin said:

The preferred term is "SoonTM"

Shhh, don't let the new producer hear you say those words. It'll upset him and then we'll never get our class revamp.

• Tekias said:

See you at the next "This mechanic needs to change for my benefit" thread in a few days *waves*

Nah, creating threads and arguing is taxing business. I shall rather have fun instead. Could punch a certain Warden in face.
    Toz
    edited July 2017
    Xavin said:

Shhh, don't let the new producer hear you say those words. It'll upset him and then we'll never get our class revamp.

Then there's only one thing to do

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ SUMMON MAGE REWORK ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

XavinVyxsis
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Oh boy.
    Arbre
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    @Kodaza can you also ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ SUMMON ZEALOT REWORK ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ?

literally asking for a friend
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Kodaza
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Razmael said:

As stated, Wayfarer is not native to Sapience and is offered training. The true Wayfarers do not move between cities, they are off protecting borders and hunting in Albedos, which is Hard Mode compared to what Sapience deals with. Willfully ignoring the clarity offered on this point does not serve any purpose.

A little off topic/on topic @Razmael/@Tiur.... but can this hard mode be a thing? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE?????? You sign up as an Albedos defender and much like the orrery you defend Albedos from uber violent and difficult creatures that threaten its existence??? I'm tired of bashing stupidly weak creatures on Sapience that offer no challenge. Give me something challenging!!

• Rhyot said:

Razmael said:

As stated, Wayfarer is not native to Sapience and is offered training. The true Wayfarers do not move between cities, they are off protecting borders and hunting in Albedos, which is Hard Mode compared to what Sapience deals with. Willfully ignoring the clarity offered on this point does not serve any purpose.

A little off topic/on topic @Razmael/@Tiur.... but can this hard mode be a thing? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE?????? You sign up as an Albedos defender and much like the orrery you defend Albedos from uber violent and difficult creatures that threaten its existence??? I'm tired of bashing stupidly weak creatures on Sapience that offer no challenge. Give me something challenging!!
    Queue invasion of horrible Dreikathi monstrosities...
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • VyxsisVyxsis Vyxsis
    @Rhyot come fight me, i'm (a) challenging (personality)
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

Vash
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited July 2017
    @Vyxsis I want to bash mobs.... not bash my head into a brick wall.
    Kelliara said:

Queue invasion of horrible Dreikathi monstrosities...

@Razmael / @Tiur: Can this please be a thing?!?! :smiley:

Vyxsis
  • THE CIRCLE IS FORMED - THE COVEN IS GATHERED - ASSEMBLE CONJURING OF NEW SKILL

*a dark haze forms over the clearing, things are quiet....too quiet*
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited July 2017
    Kalak said:

Tekias said:

Nah, creating threads and arguing is taxing business. I shall rather have fun instead. Could punch a certain Warden in face.
    Knowing this is wildly off-topic (so mods, delete if needed, will take tempban if seen fit)

1) Kalak, if you want to punch a Warden in the face, I'm sure Nenelos will love you doing so.

2) Great job announcing on an OOC board your intent to come after me IC with no IC warning/provocation.

Hi.

KalakKanivara
  • @Tekias Dude, what the heck? Do not mix stuff. The partly IC explanation was made and if you care to talk about more reasons&stuff, contact Kalak ICly.

This thread is for tethers and conversion rates.
    Vash
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    You know what blows my mind? You very likely think there is absolutely nothing wrong with your behaviour, and that we're all just wrong, or out to get you. Just, wow.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

KalakKodaKanivaraXavinArbre
  • And you know what blows my mind? Your insistent off-topic, snide remarks. Just, wow.

Regardless, this thread seems like has outlived its usefulness.
    TozRhyot
  • Kalak said:

Tekias said:

You just said, OOC, your intent to come after him IC.... and then you tell him not to mix stuff? Really?? Do you think we're incapable of reading or something?
  • Kanivara said:

Kalak said:

Tekias said:

You just said, OOC, your intent to come after him IC.... and then you tell him not to mix stuff? Really?? Do you think we're incapable of reading or something?
    It was an OOC joke here.

The attack did not happen right after that. Do you think I am an idiot who would throw OOC threats and then proceed with them? That said, the attitude here started to become oppressive really.

Kalak has enough reason to kill Tekias and so Tekias has enough reason to kill him as well. There is whole months of RP around it. There is no reason to let IC issues bleed here like that.

So I duly take a step back and let you all to your forum enjoyment.
    VashToz
  • That did not read as an OOC joke. And yes, I do think you're like that. You haven't show me any evidence that you would be any different, since you tend to come here to demand changes about things that inconvenience you IC. You actively bleed IC issues to the forums, then have the audacity to pretend you don't when you're called on it. I'm aware that there are months of RP around that, but that sounded more like IC/OOC blurring on YOUR part. So if you don't want people calling you out on that brand of BS, don't say things that sound like that brand of BS.

I usually lurk on the forums. Your posts lately are a nice big batsignal to come along with a newspaper. Maybe stop that, yeah? I think you'd get a lot more enjoyment out of the game if you stopped whining about things and just went with the flow. You don't like the costs of sidehopping? Well maybe don't be such a bag of wangs IC that nobody in your city wants you around anymore.

-YOU- are the root of all the problems you're having in this game. Do not demand that the game change to accommodate you and your poor behavior. Change your poor behavior and you'll likely have a better time of things.
    KalakVashXavinArbreKoda
  • Whatever @Kanivara

I am rubber, you are glue.
    KanivaraTozLinVyxsis
  • edited July 2017
    Edit: I had a very sarcastic rejoinder posted here but thought better of it because I really don't want a forum ban.
    Kalak
  • This thread was about conversion rates and tethers. Clearly people are unable to keep themselves from throwing flames. And if I must say something. If I did not enjoy the game, I would not play it. I would not pay for it. This thread is full of half-baked assumptions on my person and my character, that makes my mind dizzy.

Flaming and insulting did not start with me. I put forward an issue and then I was claimed to not care about lore by @Teani . That is a true wtf moment because, it is a reasonable thing to ask for better conversion rates. People act like I asked the removal of tethers and allowing me to join Spirit cities.

Same thing occurred with the small idea of providing titling mechanics. At the end of discussion people were talking about doom of Aetolia altogether.

Perhaps...

The some part of the playerbase in these forums is a bit touchy and not that open to discussion. Okay...then let us discuss safe topics. What about, more minipets?
    VashTozVyxsis
This discussion has been closed.