Artifact ideas

Comments

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Leana said:

The main benefit of this artifact is to stop scaring people away at lessers/group fights. If there's a concern about circumventing a ylem city power just require it to be wielded in order to function.

The only thing I would see this causing is more of a separation with people who want to lesser. Let's say there are darkies who are ready to do a lesser, and we farsight someone and see there's only 1, only to show up and have our asses handed to us because there are in fact 9 lifers. People are just going to stop showing up at all because we then wouldn't even be able to gauge accurate numbers of who we're fighting.

XavinJamiRunasZaila
  • Since acquiring crystals is no more a chore in current state, perhaps Dominion crystal should get some kind of update.

A possible suggestion would be:

Allow the Dominion crystal to be embedded in a place and when you use Crystalhome ability you will always return there. The place of the Dominion crystal can be changed once every Aetolian year.
  • edited July 2017
    artifact item: A jar of oil
    artifact effect: allows the holder of the artifact to use it to declare a Trollish Oiling Wrestling Competition within the room/between them and another player. This gives each person the 'oiled' aff and then they can WRASSLE/wrestle. idk how they win but man the visual on this is hilarious.
    Zaila
  • edited July 2017
    They clearly win by shoving their arms into the others persons trousers..... DUH @Rasani

Yes its a real sport - GOOGLE TURKISH OIL WRESTLING - Maybe not at work, unless you want to explain that to your boss.
    I need a fan it just got warm in here.
    TeaniKodaZaila
  • edited July 2017
    Runas said:

Yes its a real sport - GOOGLE TURKISH OIL WRESTLING - Maybe not at work, unless you want to explain that to your boss.

I am Turkish and I support all ideas regarding oil wrestling! Though providing some information would be proper about that dubious move:

That type of leather trousers are specifically made for the oil wrestling and called as "kıspet". That shoving arm through other wrestler's kıspet is called as "kazık"
    (stake would be an apt translation). If the hand goes in from behind it is called as "dış kazık (outer stake)" and if the hand goes in from front it is called as "iç kazık (inner stake)" That is a maneuver which can allow you to change between wrestling figures but also the hand intruding like that will press on inner organs which can potentially make the wrestler being subjected to "kazık" give up. It is possible break your arm if you do not know how to shove arm into kıspet properly.

So that is serious business!
    Runas
  • @Kalak I actually watched some videos for this ... (Entirely for research purposes of course)

It seems pretty damn intense, There was an explanation of the entire event from the narrator which was helpful because of course my dubious mind wanted to go completely in the gutter, but yeah, they explained what you said there and then expanded on that the oil actually helps with them putting on the kispet as its extremely tight and the oil actually makes it difficult to perform the manouvers as well as everything else whilst being fought off from a very angry male.

Either way, I would support a pit being made and put in the game, this seems cool.
  • I can't resist shamelessly begging for my favorite artifact from Lusternia.

Paradox Puzzle
    - Use the PYRAMID command to operate.
    - Can be set to memorize up to 4 locations.
    - Allows operator to teleport to these 4 locations
    (up to adjacent planes).
    - Locations unset every Lusternian month.
    Typically In Game: JST (GMT+9) 6AM-8AM and 6PM-10PM
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Augh, I love that thing too!
    VashKodaza
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    There's like a similar auction arti that crops up now and then but it only does 1 room at a time I think
    Vash
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    a globe of charged elemental energy

The globe of charged elemental energy functions similar to the consumable versions of the
    globes. They have one charge, but will not be destroyed on use. When the globe's charge is
    used up, killing 5000 mobs (not including the summoned elementals) will refill the globe,
    allowing it to be drained again.

Can this thing actually be a legit artifact? IT was handed out for 1500 cr during the last October Promotion. But can it be a real thing that everyone can buy??

ErzsebetLeana
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Bangles of Returning
    --------------------
    The Bangle of Returning will allow you to mark a room and return to it at will from anywhere on the
    same continent. The movement is not instantaneous and is subject to recent-aggression checks that
    prevent it from being used after recent combat.
    Vash
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Runas said:

They clearly win by shoving their arms into the others persons trousers..... DUH @Rasani

I feel like this GIF needs a careless whisper sax loop.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Runas
  • It would be awesome to see a runed steel bit type artifact for minipets. Maybe cheaper, 1 credit or even for gold. When it's killed, it just gets dismissed. A lot of minipets are one time things and you can't get them again, which makes people hesitate to pull them out and use them since they are killable. Be nice to have a way to protect them. Plus I'd have to get one for all my minipets, so you'd make a killing opening week on it.
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    Minipets can't be permanently killed outside of the promotion of combining them to generate a new one.
    Leana
  • Can we please, please, please, please, have the ability to turn off Artifact power prefixes?

Or at the very least limit them?

Evalyne's amulet is getting bloody ridiculous, and that's not just a poor vampire pun, it's a fact:

a veiled invigorating moonlit seductive consanguine amulet

I really, really wish I could turn these off/suppress them/not have to pay another 50cr or CC to work around them.
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    edited February 2018
    You can HIDE (item) to remove all of those adjectives.
    Evalyne
  • Antehe said:

You can HIDE (item) to remove all of those adjectives.

I blame my post on Tiur saying you couldn't get rid of them
  • TiurTiur Producer
    I don't know how!
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited February 2018

reveal belt
    That artifact will now appear as 'a Celestine sustaining soaring regenerative stalwart mage's dextrous
    invigorating hardy enhancing briary belt of blood-red blossoms of intellect'
    H:6521 M:7243 E:100% W:100% B:100% XP:12% [sdb eb]--hide belt
    That artifact will now appear as 'a briary belt of blood-red blossoms'
    EvalyneOofa
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    IF anything I wish the suffixes didn't max out to 1 I WANT MORE WORDS I KNOW THEY ARE IN THERE IM BEING DENIED RIGHTFULLY PURCHASED ADVERBS BECAUSE OF OVERFLOW
    ZailaTeaniEvalynePazradymTrikal
  • Aishia said:

reveal belt
    That artifact will now appear as 'a Celestine sustaining soaring regenerative stalwart mage's dextrous
    invigorating hardy enhancing briary belt of blood-red blossoms of intellect'
    H:6521 M:7243 E:100% W:100% B:100% XP:12% [sdb eb]--hide belt
    That artifact will now appear as 'a briary belt of blood-red blossoms'
    Okay, you win!
  • Wait, theres a cap on my arti prefixes? Nooooo! I should really turn mine on just to see what pops up.
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Idk if there's a cap on prefixes but it only shows 1 suffix
    Pazradym
  • it's not an artifact, but a craft: I'd really love some stuff added to jewelcrafting for tusk/horn jewelry!
    ZailaErzsebet
  • edited March 2018
    Enhancement points require you to reincarnate which is possible by one shot artifacts (100 cr) or getting the whole package (1000cr) seems a very expensive endeavour. For example, I am very happy with race, statpack and gender...but just for the sake of changing enhancements once in a while I would neither pay one-shot 100cr and paying 1000cr seems daunting for that. Here I would offer some ideas:

1. Standalone artifact which only changes Enhancements, a cheap one hopefully.

2. Rearranging the statpack artifacts to a tiered-upgradeable artifact. An example (Do not mind the credit costs presented, this is just an example);

250cr - Allows change of enhancements per Aetolian week
    500cr - Allows change of enhancements and statpacks per Aetolian week
    750cr - Allows change of enhancements and statpacks per Aetolian week, plus choose between Adaptation or Polymath artifact advantage
    1000cr - Allows change of enhancements and statpacks per Aetolian week, Adaptation and Polymath artifact advantage
    1250cr - Allows change of enhancements and statpacks twice per Aetolian week, Adaptation, Polymath, Transmutation artifact advantage

3. The wishful thinking mode: Just allow everyone to modify their enhancements every Aetolian week. One can hope.
    KodazaOofa
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Or you could just buy transmutation or adaptation. You're allowed to change enhancements upon entering a new class.

So.... this is already a thing. :/

TeaniKalakTekias
  • Rhyot said:

Or you could just buy transmutation or adaptation. You're allowed to change enhancements upon entering a new class.

The main point is that making certain things affordable for the broader audience. Personally it is not an issue for me to drop credits on transmutation. But why are we insisting on making certain things difficult for everyone? Every person should be able to change their enhancements to suit their PvE-PvP needs at affordable prices.

So.... this is NOT a thing.
    Oofa
  • OofaOofa RI
    edited March 2018
    Kalak said:

Enhancement points require you to reincarnate which is possible by one shot artifacts (100 cr) or getting the whole package (1000cr) seems a very expensive endeavour. For example, I am very happy with race, statpack and gender...but just for the sake of changing enhancements once in a while I would neither pay one-shot 100cr and paying 1000cr seems daunting for that. Here I would offer some ideas:

1. Standalone artifact which only changes Enhancements, a cheap one hopefully.

2. Rearranging the statpack artifacts to a tiered-upgradeable artifact. An example (Do not mind the credit costs presented, this is just an example);

250cr - Allows change of enhancements per Aetolian week
    500cr - Allows change of enhancements and statpacks per Aetolian week
    750cr - Allows change of enhancements and statpacks per Aetolian week, plus choose between Adaptation or Polymath artifact advantage
    1000cr - Allows change of enhancements and statpacks per Aetolian week, Adaptation and Polymath artifact advantage
    1250cr - Allows change of enhancements and statpacks twice per Aetolian week, Adaptation, Polymath, Transmutation artifact advantage

3. The wishful thinking mode: Just allow everyone to modify their enhancements every Aetolian week. One can hope.

Rhyot said:

There's probably an in between to what y'all are saying :lol: The idea of an affordable artifact to let you swap between enhancement sets could be appealing, but anything over 500cr seems like a bad investment because it's just a limited version of transmutation or adaptation. This artifact looks to be filling a niche of people who don't multiclass, don't reincarnate, but do have some money, at least $100USD, to spend on an artifact. That said, the existence of transmutation and adaptation powers doesn't mean this new artifact is an inherently bad idea. I think if the idea was toned down a lot, instead of being complicated with five tiers of upgrades, it might be an easier sell.

edit2add: What if swapping enhancements was a one-use item that only cost 25 or 50cr? Would lowering the cost of the consumable remove the need for an expensive investment that has limited use?
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    The base cost of one switch is already 100 credits so I can't see an artifact that lets you do it repeatedly being that cheap either way. Probably why they're all rolled into multiple functionality items.
    TekiasTeaniRhyot
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    One should also remember that this is a business, meaning IRE wants to try earn money. Why would they want to offer something cheaper if the already existing artifacts are actually selling? Transmutation and adaptation have other nice nice effects attached to them, and picking these apart might be difficult or diminish the value of what already exists, causing more issues than what it's worth.

Besides, as it stands right now it means that one might actually have to put some thought into one's character and the choices made when ascending, rather than just going "Heck, I'll just toss some things around and change later."

KalakTekiasArbreRhyotEvalyne