Mafia - Endings in Esterport: Return of the Illuminai

Comments

• So, I was hoping to post that and see if anybody would jump out immediately. I think there was another scummy type on that train, but it's just as likely that we'd have somebody wanting to avert suspicion in this pretty major round. Who did that? Sibatti.

Interesting too that Sibatti just happened to brush our now-confirmed defender and Sciomancer as scum:
    Sibatti said:

I'm going to go with Xenia and Teani being cultists. And in the interest of self-defense, I am going to

Vote: Xenia

I definitely think Zechs is still scum (lol at that explanation), but there's bigger fish to fry, and we need a gamble at this point that'll pay off. I think Sibatti's got a very good chance of being the Prophet.

Unvote: Zechs
    Vote: Sibatti

What have we got to lose?
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    I wasn't the only one who voiced suspicions about Teani and Xenia both. I can't write a huge post at this point, but I want to make that clear.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Before we get hasty, let's say for a moment that @Zechs is telling the truth. Tell us where you've been every other night and what you learned.
  • ZechsZechs Austin
    @Sarita I'm glad you asked. You'll note that I was against the sentinel giving away who they were from the beginning. That's because I AM THE SENTINEL. Since my life is on the line I have no problem with telling you:

- The first night I investigated @Lehar and found that @Lehar had visited @Karhast.

We saw what happened as a result of that.

- The next night I investigated @Teani . You'll note that after that investigations, several times, I mentioned that @Xenia was blaming Teani with little to no reason. I couldn't speak up on it for fear of getting killed and @Pazradym had already claimed to be the sentinel. I was likely going to get lynched for fear of a possible vote train. Not saying ANYTHING was the safer move for the sentinel.

Teani did nothing on that night, and thus why I defended her from Xenia.

- Last night, I investigated @Pazradym. I'm guessing you've figured out by now that he visited our dear, innocent Teani last night.

Now he, and the cult, are making their move against the sentinel. The vote train against me that he started will see me dead. I'm guessing he knew that I was the sentinel from my previous objections.

Vote: @Pazradym
  • ZechsZechs Austin
    ((I hit post on that too soon, sorry!))

Go back. Look at each of my discussions carefully. I was:

- Against ousting the Sentinel (I didn't want to admit who I was and force the sciomancer to protect me.)
    - Protecting @Teani from @Xenia who asserted she was on her own Cult list. When I visited @Teani I noticed that she protected @Pazradym. A natural reaction since she thought that's who the sentinel was (she visited @Pazradym !)
    - Stood against Xenia who seemed the most cult-ish to me.
    - Said something about @Pazradym being sentinel but retracted it for fear of reprisal from he + his cult members.
    - Have been trying to shield myself from death whilst urging the best decisions I could like protecting Teani.
    That's a very nice story. My next question for you is this: If we assume that Teani was protecting @Pazradym at night (like you implied that you hoped she would be), then the illusions should have prevented anyone from tracking Pazradym's movements at night. Could you explain that?
  • ZechsZechs Austin
    @Sarita I didn't track @Pazradym. I tracked @Teani. I saw her visit @Pazradym. I didn't see what happened from there. I **did** make an assumption that she was the Sciomancer since @Pazradym claimed to be the sentinel, and he didn't end up dead. Considering the results it seems my assumptions were true. The only other option was that Teani was the cult but that didn't make sense with the story. I already know @Pazradym is the likely a member of the cult since he claimed to be the sentinel for protection.

I have no idea who @Teani protected the last night. My assumption is the @Teani died before she (she?) could ward or protect anyone. Was she even able to protect anyone? OR did she die before any wards could go off?
    Zechs said:

- Last night, I investigated @Pazradym. I'm guessing you've figured out by now that he visited our dear, innocent Teani last night.

• I don't believe you one bit.

Why would Pazradym, if he was actually the cultist, wave me free as somebody not to be worried about? For all intents and purposes I've had some pretty awful gut feelings with Karhast and then subsequently Xenia; it would have been more effective to try and take suspicion from one of his fellow cultists as opposed to a plain defender if that was the case. It got him nothing this way.

I'm convinced Zechs is a member of the cult, and it's clear now, but I don't think that he's the Prophet, who's the one we need to get today.

The prophet is too valuable to weave up a story like that that obviously has a high chance of backfiring.

Xenia pushed against Sibatti, and clearly we should have been listening to her prior.
    I think it's pretty clear that you're just making things up to try and save yourself. I'll hold off on voting for you to give other people a chance to see what's happening here though.
    If you look back at my post from yesterday, I agreed that I think @Sibatti is a person of high interest, and that @Zechs is unlikely to be the Prophet. That said, his inability to keep his own story straight compared to @Pazradym really looks a lot like he's just trying to save his own skin at this point.

My suggestion would be to see from @Kelliara if the Sentinel finds out their tracking results and has time to communicate them before the end of the night, when the Cult's victim/conversion is revealed. If so, we have one last chance to investigate rather than blindly lynch Sibatti on a hunch.
  • ZechsZechs Austin
    @Sarita Please. At what point did I "not keep my story straight?" I'd love for you to point that out.

@Teani died last night. You don't seem to be too concerned about that. How could @Teani spend the night warding ANYONE whilst dead? And even then, how do you know for certain she visited @Pazradym as you are positing?

You don't. Are you covering for @Pazradym here when you have no leg to stand on?
  • Sarita's pushing away of an attack on Sibatti is suspicious, imo. It's the good ol' agree as not to raise suspicion, but divert at the same time.

Not to mention a regular, boring ol' civilian role (at least typically, in these types of mafia games) doesn't go through as much effort as Sarita has with her lengthy posts. Seems kinda like a defense to me.

I think we're looking at Sibatti, Zechs, and Sarita.
    @Zechs - You said in two posts (such as the one I quoted) that you had investigated @Pazradym overnight and learned that he was responsible for Teani's death. When I pointed out that you couldn't have known that if he had been protected due to the Sciomancer illusions, then you said you had not tracked Pazradym, but you had tracked Teani instead.

Yes, you did state that you had tracked Teani, but you said that you had followed her the night BEFORE this past one. Then, in consecutive posts, you stated that as the results of that night's investigation she (first post) "did nothing on that night" and then (second post) "I noticed that she protected Pazradym."

Am I missing something here?
  • ZechsZechs Austin
    @Sarita So, again, you're making some pretty grand assumptions here. And yes; it appears that you're missing something.

- Lehar
    - Teani
    - Pazradym

Here are the list of the assumptions you are making:

- That Teani did, in fact, attempt to protect @Pazradym.
    - That @Teani was able to protect @Pazradym despite the fact that she was killed.
    - That you can even trust @Pazradym. Your implicit trust of him is incredibly suspicious.

Fact: You do NOT know who @Teani attempted to protect.
    Fact: @Teani is dead.
    Fact: You do NOT know if @Pazradym is telling the truth on being a sentinel UNLESS you are a culstist, too.

It is falsifiable but not verifiable. Why? Because only a culstist would know what @Pazradym truly is. I sure don't know what he is. Except I see that he visited @Teani.

Let's extrapolate on that. Let's say @Teani DID attempt to protect @Pazradym. Let's see how that would go if my suspicions are true and he's a cultist / prophet:

Teani - "Hello, Pazradym. It will take all night to ensure you are safe via this ritual."
    Pazradym - "**Kills Teani**"

Remember, it's very explicitly stated that:

"During the night they can use illusion and shadows to mislead would-be pursuers and attackers from a target of their choice, protecting them from harm. Loyal to Esterport, wins with the Defenders."

This isn't a one time buff. It's not as if @Pazradym was blessed the entire night with one word. It would take an entire night's worth of effort in order to protect him from shadows. And yet @Teani is dead, and I saw @Pazradym visiting @Teani.
    Koda
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Personally, I am perfectly inclined to follow my instincts again. I had suspected Zech's awhile back and I repeatedly tried to encourage the Sentinel to annonymously role claim. If Zechs truly IS the sentinel, and he's just let Pazradym lead us around by our nethers without so much as a annonymous 'hey you!', then he is the worst bloody Sentinel I've seen.

My vote remains unchanged.

I agree that he doesn't strike me as the Prophet. Too bombastic, too attention-grabby, but I want to get one while we got them for SURE. If we string up someone else and we're wrong, we don't have a chance tomorrow. If we string up Zechs? We have at least a TINY chance!
  • Except the Prophet tonight will convert somebody, and we'll be outnumbered. We have to hit the prophet tonight.
    Not if @Zechs really is a Cultist. That would drop the number back down before we start the night round. @Zaila is right that if we miss today, the game is effectively over. We would enter the night round with three living Cultists (counting the Prophet), and four living Defenders (counting the Sentinel). All they would need to do is convert someone at night to win by numbers. If we hit a different Cultist, we go in with two Cultists and five Defenders (again, counting the Sentinel), which keep our numbers higher for a little longer. Keep in mind that even with the Prophet dead, the Cult can still whittle our numbers down at night by killing us outright though, so a guaranteed hit on a Cultist sounds safer to me than a risky hit on someone like @Sibatti. That's where my hesitation is, and that's why I want to be really sure we make the right choice now.
  • I just noted one problem, there are only seven of us left. If there are three cultists (2 and prophet) then there are in fact only four TOTAL defenders left, named 3 and myself as Sentinel. (Sorry @Zechs, points for the bravado and the attempt at smoke and mirrors but, yeah, to little to late there.) @Kelliara, can we get a confirmed count on the players left?
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

Xenia
  • Sentinel is not counted as a Defender.

Also, apparently I can't maths, or count. I thought there was one more Defender than there is.

I'll give a a few more hours in case anyone wants another last minute mind-change etc etc, given I stuffed up the numbers.

Sorry.

Please return to your programing.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    So that last post from @Zechs still didn't address anything that I had brought up in my own post with questions about what he claimed to have been doing as a Sentinel over the post two nights. I'm going to hope @Pazradym is the right one.

Vote: Zechs
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    I feel Zechs is pulling a Hail Mary here. A good effort, but a little too convenient.

Vote: Zechs
  • With deadly conviction, the Defenders follow the lead of Pazradym, stalking forward with poisoned knives in hand.

Though @Zechs makes grand and hurried claims, protesting his innocence, pointing a blaming finger at the supposed Sentinel, the mob is not to be dissuaded.

They set upon him with blade and dhurive, leaving him bloody and torn.

In his final moments, he gurgles a few last, weak, bloody protests of innocence, until a swift and savage slash from someone's knife silences him, leaving his life-blood to spread slowly along the streets.

Riled up by their indignation, the Defenders proceed to storm the unfortunate man's house, turning it over, and nearly tearing it apart...

...hidden beneath a carpet, in small, hollow section is an ornate box. Inside are several items; Prayer beads, religious writings, and encoded notes.

Zechs' true allegience suddenly becomes oh-so-clear.

Zechs has been lynched by the Defenders. He was a Cultist.

It is Night 2.

Night roles, PM me your actions, or if you wish to do nothing.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Hope you guys haven't forgotten about the game.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    XeniaSibattiZailaEmir
  • omg, this night round is killing me.

ZailaTeaniPazradymKoda
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time

OOOOooooOOoooOoooo!

fify
    XeniaKelliaraTeaniPazradymArbre
  • edited May 2017
    Another dawn rises over Esterport...

Two of them.

As the last few remaining Defenders wake ready to do battle with the cult once more, they are met in the streets by a mob.

Citizens, and once loyal cultists have gathered to around a podium in the city-center to hear someone speaking, a woman, who at the back of the crowd, cannot be seen clearly enough to identify.

Yet, as they push closer, and her words continue to fall on their ears, the voice becomes familiar, until with a final shove to the front of the audience, the face of @Sibatti, The Prophet of the Light is revealed, flanked by @Koda on her left, and @Zaila on her right.

She smiles down at the last handful of Defenders.

"Come, brothers and sisters," she says, "We need no further bloodshed. The corrupting elements have been rooted out. The Syssin, gone-- His deception lead you astry. The Carnifex, fallen-- No more shall her hunger for souls twist others. The Sciomancer, no more-- No more shall the shadows bind you."

"Even the hidden beast among you has been cast out and slain by our hand!" she cries.

"Esterport can be great! It can be everything you want it to be, peaceful, prosperous, devoted to truth, to justice, and to the Light."

Cheers go up from the crowd, the citizens are won over, and how could they not be?

Weapons fall from the hands of the remaining Defenders, some with tears in their eyes, nodding their agreement. They too have had the Light shine in their hearts through the profits words.

"The Dawn of Light has come to Esterport," the Prophets voice calls, "Let the new day begin!"

The Cult of the Illuminai has taken Esterport!
  • edited May 2017
    Reserved for Day by Day action, and dramatic sting.

Endings in Esterport: Return of the Illuminai - Day by day rundown

Day 1
    Xenia voted for Nobody.
    Teani voted for Nobody
    Ilyon voted for Sibatti.
    Zaila voted for Nobody.
    Ilyon unvoted Nobody.
    Ilyon voted for Zaila.
    Koda voted for Karhast.
    Serrice voted for Nobody.
    Pazradym voted for Nobody.
    Karhast voted Xenia.

NO RESULT.

NIGHT 1
    Pazradym tracked Karhast
    Teani reflected herself.
    Karhast investigated Serrice.
    Lehar reaved Karhast.
    The Cult killed Lehar.
    Serrice devoured Ilyon.

Day 2

Zechs voted for Xenia.
    Zaila voted for Zechs.
    Serrice voted for Sibatti.
    Sarita voted for Serrice.
    Koda voted for Xenia.
    Xenia voted for Serrice.
    Teani voted for Serrice.
    Sibatti voted for Serrice.
    Zaila unvoted for Zechs.
    Zaila voted for Serrice.
    Arbre voted for Serrice.

Serrice was lynched.

NIGHT 2

Pazradym tracked Koda.
    Teani reflected Pazradym.
    The Cult converted Zechs.

DAY 3

Teani voted for Xenia.
    Xenia voted for Sibatti.
    Zechs voted for Xenia.
    Koda voted for Xenia.
    Sibatti voted for Xenia.
    Teani unvoted for Xenia.
    Teani voted for Nobody.
    Sibatti unvoted for Xenia.
    Sibatti voted for Nobody.
    Arbre voted for Xenia.
    Zaila voted for Xenia.
    Sibatti voted for Xenia.

Xenia was lynched.

NIGHT 3

Pazradym tracked Zechs.
    Teani reflected Pazradym.
    The Cult killed Teani.

DAY 4

Koda voted for Zechs.
    Arbre voted for Zechs.
    Zaila voted for Zechs.
    Koda unvoted Zechs.
    Koda voted for Sibatti.
    Zechs voted for Pazradym.
    Sarita voted for Zechs.
    Sibatti voted for Zechs.

Zechs was lynched.

NIGHT 4

Pazradym tracked Sibatti.
    The Cult converted Koda.

DAY 5
    Cult wins!!!
  • KarhastKarhast Enorian
    That first night was a rollercoaster. MOTHERFUCKER, THEY KI- AHAHAHAHA VENGEAAAAAANCE
  • I KNEW IT!