Idea for weapons

I think Smite should be usable across all melee weapons, and that weaponry should compliment spirituality as far as damage output is concerned.
Haven

Comments

• When I think smite I think big bludgeon weapons like mace and hammer. Its not smite if it has cutting
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Hmm. I always thought of smite as a holy weapon of some kind. As long as it was imbued with some kind of "divine" or "holy/unholy" energy, the weapon could smite.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Zaila
  • edited April 2017
    To smite is just to hit something really hard. We only attribute it to divinity because of D&D, WoW, and the fact that a god 'smites' things.

Another reason, I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks 'Cleric' when I hear the word 'Smite'. Clerics primary weapon is a Mace, when drawn up. That isn't to say they can't use any other weapon, it is just what they are largely depicted as using.

That being said, I prefer Luminaries using bludgeons, but that is just because my first serious MUD char was a Priest, which used a spiritual mace. It's mostly a nostalgia thing.

Edit: All this being said, I now want to suggest giving Wayfarers Javelins... because it is a throwing weapon, and also a potential(?) melee weapon.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited April 2017
    Keeping specific weapons specific to specific classes kind of helps with class identity even if it makes you feel LESS special with personal identity. Knights get a bit more wiggle room cause KNIGHTS but cookies CRUMBLE. :warning::cookie::warning:
    Tiur
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    You guys are responding to a thread from last year.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    No I'm responding to YOU.
  • @Lin is so last year.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade

Pazradym
  • I only suggested Javelin because the only class that can really use it is Templar, and they don't use it.