New Aetolia Producer

PericlesPericles Administrator, Immortal
edited July 2017 in Harpy's Head Tavern
ANNOUNCE NEWS #2670
Date: 4/14/2017 at 21:00
To : Everyone
Subj: Meet your new Producer!

Hi folks. I'm Matt Mihaly, the CEO of Iron Realms Entertainment. As I wrote about back in December, in announce news #2605, Oleis replacing Razmael as producer was necessarily temporary, as the former is soon going to be moving onto a new career.

In the meantime, he's done some great work in terms of getting the Aetolian ship righted and pointed in a good direction, which I'm thankful for and I'd imagine many of you are too! Feel free to let him know. :)

Today, I'm pleased to introduce you to Tiur (Adam Womack), your new Producer. As many of you probably know, we ran a search for a new producer recently, and Tiur got the job! He's a very old hand at IRE games, having started playing Achaea 17 or 18 years ago as the character Firefox (who founded the Shaman's guild back when). He also worked on Imperian when it first opened (as Vahin), and since then has played both Lusternia and Aetolia as well.

Although he hasn't worked in the games industry before (he was an engineer in the oil industry previously), his analytical thought process combined with his long experience with and passion for Iron Realms MUDs ultimately gave him the edge over other candidates.

He's been working with Oleis, Razmael, Keroc, and the rest of the team for a week now to get up to speed, and he's coming along very well. We're going to keep Oleis on until the end of May though, to make sure there's plenty of overlap and plenty of time for Tiur to get comfortable with his new role.

Give a big welcome to Tiur, and be gentle - he's new!
RazmaelFezzixAishiaSibattiSeirLinZailaSethAxius

Comments

• PericlesPericles Administrator, Immortal
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2671
    Date: 4/14/2017 at 21:11
    To : Everyone
    Subj: Woohoo!

I am extremely grateful and excited for Adam as he joins our team as Producer. I have remarked that Aetolia is often a place where
    producers leave abruptly and their successors are left to pick up the pieces and chart a new course. Razmael and I broke that
    cycle together, and I have spent each day attempting to set up my eventual replacement for easy success. Sometimes those were
    unhappy things, like scrapping projects or contradicting past promises. Others were very encouraging, such as our Town Halls and
    the guild changes that resulted from our discussions there. Now that Adam and I have had a chance to chat, compare our notes on
    Aetolia's future, and work together with the rest of the team to discuss their thoughts, I have never been more confident about
    our chances.

For my part, I will be sticking around in a co-Producer fashion until the end of May. During this time, I will do everything I can
    to support Adam and help him navigate situations with which he might be unfamiliar, but the final decisions on all matters will be
    his. Please do not be offended if I forward your messages meant for me along to him for conversations or judgements. In June, I'm
    taking two weeks without a laptop to celebrate my graduation and goof around western Europe. [ If you're in Denmark, Sweden,
    Switzerland, or France and you wanna say hi, shoot me a message! :) ] Once I return, you can expect to see me in some capacity on
    Aetolia or around IRE, either as a volunteer or a player. I'm looking forward to a future in education, but MUDs and IRE in
    particular will always attract my hands in idle times.
    RazmaelFezzixAishiaSibattiSeirLinSeth
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Welcome @Tiur! I remember you from Achaea and Imperian both. :) Good to see a seasoned IRE vet at the helm.
    PericlesRazmaelSeir
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    edited April 2017
    Just want to chime in and say thanks to @Oleis for everything he's done for us the last few months, and welcome aboard @Tiur! He's been great to work alongside the last few days and I'm excited to see where he takes Aetolia.
    SibattiPericlesFezzixLinValdusZailaSeth
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited April 2017
    I welcome you with the furiousity of eight singing rhinos.
    Zaila
  • Hellooooo annnd welcome!
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Welcome!

• edited April 2017
    Welcome aboard, @Tiur.

Also, @Oleis, you're awesome. Thanks so much for everything, and ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS.

Lots of snappies, please.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • You rocked it in your time back Oleis, amazing job. Best of luck to you in your future ventures, you'll do awesome at whatever it is you do next.

Welcome Tiur! You've got a crazy group on your hands, but we're mostly awesome I swear.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone! I am super excited to have such a warm welcome.

I was a player, I know what I'm getting myself into. I think.
    KerrynRunasAkaryuterraFezzixSeirTeani
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Wow. Firefox. That is a name I haven't heard in over a decade. Same with Vahin. Welcome!
  • Welcome back to Aetolia, and welcome in general!
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    You have a statue in Hashan! It was even restored!

• Hashan doesn't exist I keep telling you.

And welcome aboard, Tiur! Good to have you with us.
    SerriceSeir
  • Welcome welcome.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Hashan: Shrike hazard delineated zone.
  • Welcome!

• A bit late to welcome you but welcome! @Tiur is amazing, I have already been able to interact with him and have really appreciated him taking time to listen to me and assist anyway he can. @Oleis Has been a huge help with all the changes that happened after I took over the Carnifex. I look forward to the future and what will come. Thanks @Tiur for taking time to listen!
    SeirTeaniAnnabeth